PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pre Season Poll

Gotta Earn It
12-19-2008, 03:13 AM
I would like to thank all of you that sent messages after our loss last week. They were greatly appreciated.

I missed you guys so I thought I would come back for a bit to see where you thought UNI and NDSU might start the season out in the polls? I'm thnking UNI will be top 5. With all of you losses from 2008, (players not games!) I'm not sure you can crack the top 25. What do you think?

Do you like my avitar?

Gotta Earn It
12-19-2008, 03:24 AM
Hello.....

Gotta Earn It
12-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Seriously? Are you guys ignoring me?

OldBison
12-21-2008, 03:39 PM
No doubt UNI will get a top 5 ranking.

I think it is questionable that NDSU will make the top 25 in all polls, but might be #23-25 in some of them. With only 8 returning starters NDSU won't garner a lot of respect but our front line starters will be solid. Depth could be an issue so NDSU can not afford the same kind of year with injuries that happened this past season.

Mr. Burgundy
12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
In the National Title game yesterday....D3, they stated that the two teams combines to have 11 out of a possible 44 starters return, and they ended up in the title game......I thought that was pretty interesting. I am hoping we can be one of those teams who can graduate a bunch of talent, but still find a way to improve. It won't be easy, but the class of kids that redshirted last year was amazing. If they can step in and play, that should add to the depth.

X-Factor
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
In the National Title game yesterday....D3, they stated that the two teams combines to have 11 out of a possible 44 starters return, and they ended up in the title game......I thought that was pretty interesting. I am hoping we can be one of those teams who can graduate a bunch of talent, but still find a way to improve. It won't be easy, but the class of kids that redshirted last year was amazing. If they can step in and play, that should add to the depth.

Just look at what Montana did this year. They graduated a ton of talent last year very similar to our situation now, and somehow ended up in the title game. Granted, they did make the playoffs the year before.

CaBisonFan
12-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Just look at what Montana did this year. They graduated a ton of talent last year very similar to our situation now, and somehow ended up in the title game. Granted, they did make the playoffs the year before.

It's a good point...but Montana waltzes into the playoffs every year. It's why the Big Sky went to the 100% vote requirement for invitations to the conference. They're enjoying their king of the hill status, with rare challenges.

I agree about what they did this year though...losing many starters and coming back very strong.

We can do the same.

tjbison
12-22-2008, 01:08 AM
It's a good point...but Montana waltzes into the playoffs every year. It's why the Big Sky went to the 100% vote requirement for invitations to the conference. They're enjoying their king of the hill status, with rare challenges.

I agree about what they did this year though...losing many starters and coming back very strong.

We can do the same.

Things change, maybe Weber St. can keep it rolling and end Montana's run!

56BISON73
12-22-2008, 01:11 AM

We can do the same.

When you get to the point in your recruiting where you get the people you need for the future it creates great depth. So when people graduate you dont have to rebuild. You just reload.
But to get into that position it takes alittle time.PL

CaBisonFan
12-22-2008, 04:33 AM
When you get to the point in your recruiting where you get the people you need for the future it creates great depth. So when people graduate you dont have to rebuild. You just reload.
But to get into that position it takes alittle time.PL

Like the Bison used to do...like Oklahoma, USC, Texas, and other elite programs do.

Montana reloads, but the gun doesn't have to be very powerful in order to get to the playoffs.

CaBisonFan
12-22-2008, 04:36 AM
The program at NDSU has been set up to be a reloading program. Everything's in place. I suggest that we'll be surprised at how good the new starters will be next year. We saw a senior-laiden team implode without their old leader. Not their fault. Shit just happens.

56BISON73
12-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Like the Bison used to do...like Oklahoma, USC, Texas, and other elite programs do.

Montana reloads, but the gun doesn't have to be very powerful in order to get to the playoffs.

I think we are just getting caught up because of the schollie debacle from D2. PL

56BISON73
12-22-2008, 04:42 AM
The program at NDSU has been set up to be a reloading program. Everything's in place. I suggest that we'll be surprised at how good the new starters will be next year. We saw a senior-laiden team implode without their old leader. Not their fault. Shit just happens.

When you get to this level of play there is a very fine line in most cases between who starts and who doesnt. You see it all the time when a QB or running back goes down and the back up performs really well and many are surprised.

I expect the Bison to play much better next year. Hopefully an on the field leader will also present himself. PL

BisonNolesFan77
12-23-2008, 01:45 AM
No doubt about it last season was a senior heavy team, but that just means all of us fans get to see who is going to step up and become the new Humber's, Roehl's, Maresh's, Jangula's, and so on. New guys will step up, and I will put money on it that how things went this season will be motivation for next season. They may not start in the 25, but they will be there before long. Just my thoughts...

CaBisonFan
12-23-2008, 02:39 AM
No doubt about it last season was a senior heavy team, but that just means all of us fans get to see who is going to step up and become the new Humber's, Roehl's, Maresh's, Jangula's, and so on. New guys will step up, and I will put money on it that how things went this season will be motivation for next season. They may not start in the 25, but they will be there before long. Just my thoughts...

Good thoughts. :nod:

CaBisonFan
12-23-2008, 03:25 AM
When you get to this level of play there is a very fine line in most cases between who starts and who doesnt. You see it all the time when a QB or running back goes down and the back up performs really well and many are surprised.

I expect the Bison to play much better next year. Hopefully an on the field leader will also present himself. PL

Couldn't agree more.

Hippy Stick
12-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Like, UNI is, like, definitely Top Five, man. Like, the Herd, man, they gotta, like, win a few games in that, like, totally awesome, like, conference before they even, like, touch, like the Top 40, like.

Peace out, like!

Go Herdleys!!!!!!!!

Cucumbers in Regalia, dudes!!!!

Like, CABison for, like Prez, man!!!!

http://img.printfection.com/14/90966/LEIaf.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

CaBisonFan
12-24-2008, 04:44 AM
Like, UNI is, like, definitely Top Five, man. Like, the Herd, man, they gotta, like, win a few games in that, like, totally awesome, like, conference before they even, like, touch, like the Top 40, like. Peace out, like! Go Herdleys!!!!!!!!

And if elected, I'd appoint you as Drug Czar. I've been told that you could have been a real leader on the field, but that you had trouble finding it. Things got a little...fuzzy.

:rofl:

56BISON73
12-24-2008, 06:15 AM
And if elected, I'd appoint you as Drug Czar. I've been told that you could have been a real leader on the field, but that you had trouble finding it. Things got a little...fuzzy.

:rofl:
LOL LOL :D
PL

MontBison
12-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Wont crack the top 25, but if we win the opener I see us jumping into the top 15.

NDSUstudent
12-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Preseason Poll? After last season I vow to never put any stock into a preseason ranking again. You can have your top 5 preseason spot UNI, I won't be fighting you for it.

CaBisonFan
12-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Wont crack the top 25, but if we win the opener I see us jumping into the top 15.

I'd take the Richmond route any day...but I agree with your prediction.

Bisonfan1
12-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I would rather see a progresive climb up/down the polls earned each week on the field, I dont care to see another #1 pre season ranking or top #5 for that matter, that might have hurt this year, (did hurt this year) as I totally bought into it, I think the players bought into it also, as did many. I dont anticipate to see NDSU listed in the top 25 for awhile in 2009. When they do though, and will, it will be enough for a playoff birth at years end. There is no way the same mistakes this year will happen in 2009. Lots of work to do thats for sure.

BisoninNWMN
12-27-2008, 01:35 PM
IMO, the Bison will be in the 20-25 range.

....start low then climb higher thru the season

sambini
12-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I would rather be the underdog and work your way up.

ndsubison1
12-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah working up sounds better than dropping...