PDA

View Full Version : Rivals.com PG rankings

WePharm
12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I thought it interesting that Woody is NOT listed in the top 25 of the nations point guards. Does bisonville think that's a fair assesment?

lakesbison
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
isn't rivals just recruiting based??

i didnt know they did anything else..

tjbison
12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah I thought it was only High School kids!

ndsubison1
12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
they also rank the college players.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/viewcbse.asp?selposition=10

Herd
12-18-2008, 11:43 PM
I look at guys like Maze (Ten), D.James (Marq), Pargo (Gonz), Collins (Kan)etc. Clearly Woody belongs on that list. Woody's game is most similar to that of James if you ask me, although this year James is being asked to run the offense and distribute more than score. James/Woody both excel at driving to the basket, sniping from outside, and very effectively controlling and distributing. I'm not so sure that Woody isn't one of the more verstile 1's around. If you need it from your 1, he can do it. You can't say the same about everyone on this list. Some have questionable shooting and scoring ability.

If Woody played in the SEC or Big E, there would be more recognition. For a guy like Woody, you have to score 60 for people to notice.

ndsubison1
12-18-2008, 11:45 PM
I definitely feel Woody is one of the top 25 point guards in the country. he could start for some power conference teams.