PDA

View Full Version : Plucker injury

roadwarrior
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Abby injured her shoulder and may be out for a month! Yikes.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=225422

BisBison
12-17-2008, 11:23 PM
The thin just got thinner. We're down to 8 on the team. :praying: for no more injuries or we'll be sending out a recruiting notice in the Spectrum.

roadwarrior
12-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Does coach Hinterstocker have anyone he can lend for the season?

sambini
12-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Does coach Hinterstocker have anyone he can lend for the season?
Jennifer Lopez

BlueKeyAlum
12-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Best wishes on a complete recovery Abby....lots of rest over the Holidays.

d3boys
12-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Jennifer Lopez

she could probably step right in and help

99Bison
12-18-2008, 02:39 AM
How about Hille, she's a Senior...

Then again the scholly would probably have to count against wbb if she played for it since it's higher up the totem than vb. Then again again, maybe that rule doesn't apply to these sports.

BisBison
12-18-2008, 04:33 AM
How about Hille, she's a Senior...

Then again the scholly would probably have to count against wbb if she played for it since it's higher up the totem than vb. Then again again, maybe that rule doesn't apply to these sports.

doesn't matter this year. We're allowed 15 in women's bball, I think we're only using 10 or 11.

lakesbison
12-18-2008, 04:56 AM
JLO baby!! she would be the best player on the team right now

BisoninNWMN
12-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Good luck for a speedy recover.

8 players left :smh: :smh:

...any more injuries....towards the end of the season the remaining girls will be spent....long season for them.

medman
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I heard that an MRI is scheduled today. I guess she is out a minimum of one month and that is if everything goes right. I heard it might be a torn labrum which if she dicides to have surgery then she would be out for the year but if she doesnt then she should be back in about six weeks. Seeing how she plays and how physical she is i dont see her coming back because it may take a while to get her confidence back to shoot and go all out. I think if it is torn that she should have her surgery. Also, i dont see how any of the volleyball players would help. i have seen them shoot and it is not too good.

d3boys
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I heard that an MRI is scheduled today. I guess she is out a minimum of one month and that is if everything goes right. I heard it might be a torn labrum which if she dicides to have surgery then she would be out for the year but if she doesnt then she should be back in about six weeks. Seeing how she plays and how physical she is i dont see her coming back because it may take a while to get her confidence back to shoot and go all out. I think if it is torn that she should have her surgery. Also, i dont see how any of the volleyball players would help. i have seen them shoot and it is not too good.

wasnt lopez an allstate bb player in mn

Herd
12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I was expecting a top 3 Summit finish this year. With Plucker out, we may drop to the 2nd half of the league. Plucker is a big loss.

medman
12-22-2008, 05:33 AM
I dont know about a top 3 finish. I still dont think we were that good. I feel like against oral roberts we just played the best we could and that doesnt happen to often during a season. Plucker is a big loss but we werent going to do anything anyway. We still will finish under .500.

lakesbison
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Talked to jlo at valley city mens game...said quote 'if carolyn asked me, id play right now!!!'

she sounded really excited 'bout it and wondered why they havent asked her yet....

Bison bison
12-22-2008, 04:45 PM
that would really be something else.

still remember when the men's team had the flu a few years ago and mertens and wurz played - very fun.

Herd
12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
The flu?? That was a long flu!

Elephants Dream?
12-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I was told that they talked by phone to Abby last
night on Sports Talk and she'll be out a month.
Can anyone confirm?

roadwarrior
12-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I did not hear sports talk, but have heard it would most likely be a month.

sambini
12-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Get well ABBY++

medman
12-26-2008, 03:53 AM
she is done for the year. she decided to have surgery

lakesbison
12-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Jlo...starting guard monday vs crieghton??

BlueKeyAlum
12-26-2008, 08:52 PM
she is done for the year. she decided to have surgery

Best wishes to Abby, if that is the case.

Hammersmith
01-06-2009, 02:16 AM
In Kevin's article today, he mentions that both Abby and Megan are still eligible to declare this year as a redshirt as long as they don't play again for the rest of the season. Does anyone think that Coach DeHoff should do what Tim Miles did in 2004-05 and sacrifice the season in favor of a stronger lineup for the next three or four? Let's face it, we're not going to contend for the Summit crown this year, and there's no hope for an at-large NCAA berth. Could having Plucker and Shea for an extra year in 2012 and 2011, respectively, cut a year off the rebuilding process?

Bison women: 8 has to be enough (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/226882)

imabison
01-06-2009, 03:48 AM
In Kevin's article today, he mentions that both Abby and Megan are still eligible to declare this year as a redshirt as long as they don't play again for the rest of the season. Does anyone think that Coach DeHoff should do what Tim Miles did in 2004-05 and sacrifice the season in favor of a stronger lineup for the next three or four? Let's face it, we're not going to contend for the Summit crown this year, and there's no hope for an at-large NCAA berth. Could having Plucker and Shea for an extra year in 2012 and 2011, respectively, cut a year off the rebuilding process?

Bison women: 8 has to be enough (http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/226882)
I think that we all have to have confidence that Coach Dehoff will do what she feels is best for the program.

Also, I think the needs of the student athletes need to be considered. Do they want an extra year, even though it might cut their carreers short?