PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Bohl going to Iowa State?

mdk23
12-16-2008, 07:55 PM
With Chizik gone, you think Bohl considers the Iowa State job? Or would even be considered?

TheBisonator
12-16-2008, 08:17 PM
No.

(Dang, I have to use 10 characters!!)

rutlandbison
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
No.

(Dang, I have to use 10 characters!!)
Thread closed

TheBisonator
12-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Thread closed

This thread died a premature death, didn't it??

mdk23
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Sure did. I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bohl's name came up. I realize he just signed the extension with us, so that could deter him, but it would definitely be a step up the ladder. Tough place to win games though at Iowa State.

bisonhusker
12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Bohl had three times as many wins as Chizik did...and he got moved up to Auburn. I think these AD's look at the total resume, not just the prior year. Bohl has a great resume. I think the Northern Iowa coach will get the first look...if they don't run directly to Turner Gill's house!

tjbison
12-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Bohl had three times as many wins as Chizik did...and he got moved up to Auburn. I think these AD's look at the total resume, not just the prior year. Bohl has a great resume. I think the Northern Iowa coach will get the first look...if they don't run directly to Turner Gill's house!

Turner Gill has got to be on the radar! I was very surprised to see Ball St.'s coach go to San Diego St, thought he would be looking BCS, but then again his Overall Career hasn't been great 34-36 record overall in Muncie or something near it!

as for Bohl nope not yet and Would he take it ISU isn't exactly burning it up!

fargocyclone
12-16-2008, 10:19 PM
There's not a chance that Bohl would go to ISU over the likes of Gill or even Farley for that matter. Although wierd coaching changes have happened... like a coach getting hired at Auburn after just getting off of two seasons with a combined total of 5 wins.

IndyBison
12-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I was very surprised to see Ball St.'s coach go to San Diego St, thought he would be looking BCS, but then again his Overall Career hasn't been great 34-36 record overall in Muncie or something near it!

I was surprised as well since he also interviewed for the Auburn job. San Diego State seems like a lateral move or a step down. You lose a lot of visibility on the west coast because the time zone and the WAC and MAC are pretty similar conferences. He was offered a lot more money though and several alumni have complained about the lack of emphasis on their athletic department (coach Hoke didn't even have his own office!).

If I had a choice of living in Muncie or San Diego though, I think I'd pick San Diego!

tjbison
12-17-2008, 12:27 AM
I was surprised as well since he also interviewed for the Auburn job. San Diego State seems like a lateral move or a step down. You lose a lot of visibility on the west coast because the time zone and the WAC and MAC are pretty similar conferences. He was offered a lot more money though and several alumni have complained about the lack of emphasis on their athletic department (coach Hoke didn't even have his own office!).

If I had a choice of living in Muncie or San Diego though, I think I'd pick San Diego!

Hell yeah!!

mdk23
12-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Turner Gill signs extension and gets a salary raise from Buffalo... He's off the market.

jugular
12-17-2008, 04:03 AM
No chance that Gill would've gone to tISU. He likely would not take another job in the Big 12--especially with TO as the Athletic Director and with Bo as HC. There will be plenty of other jobs available to Turner in the future and he's not yet done working with the Bulls. Turner is different than most people in the business. He doesn't necessarily look out for himself first. Great, great human being and the kind of guy that a parent should want their son to play for.

UTH
12-17-2008, 04:27 AM
With Chizik gone, you think Bohl considers the Iowa State job? Or would even be considered?

That does it. I'm posting a pic of my tree...