PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs Richmond.....National Championship

NDSUFREAK
12-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Who wins this game?? Personally I am definitely cheering for Montana! I haven't see them play a game this year and I'm not sure how legit they are. A friend who goes to State when the the Brawl of the Wild game and said this years NDSU team could beat them...he was drunk as well but you never know how true it is haha

I've got Montana

MontBison
12-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Haha this is for you buddy. Montana is not that good of a team, James Madison turned it over a ridiculous amount of times and lost there starting qb and they still had a chance at the end. I watched a very bad Montana State team hang with them for three quaters. And I guess I have to hate the Griz too.:)

NDSUFan_Sav
12-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Nope goooo GRIZ!!!! just contain their QB and their RB and you're good to go!!!!

CaBisonFan
12-14-2008, 03:16 AM
Montana played with passion. Their QB/WR combo is special. Very stout on defense. Balanced offense. I like Ward at QB for Richmond. He's a leader.

But neither team looks like a championship team to me. Guess one of them will be though.

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2008, 03:20 AM
I think the Griz have to be favored, but Richmond is a hell of a team. Either one has a shot at this.

onbison09
12-14-2008, 04:11 AM
Go Griz!! Represent the west!

fargocyclone
12-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Even though I don't really like the Griz, GO WEST!!

sambini
12-14-2008, 10:50 AM
The Griz are the team.

BisoninNWMN
12-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Should be a good game....Grizz look good, I'll take them by a td.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Should be a good game....Grizz look good, I'll take them by a td.

if the spread is montana by 3 you say put your bankroll on them :)

kidding gooooo GRIZ!!!!

Shakermaker
12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Who wins this game?? Personally I am definitely cheering for Montana! I haven't see them play a game this year and I'm not sure how legit they are. A friend who goes to State when the the Brawl of the Wild game and said this years NDSU team could beat them...he was drunk as well but you never know how true it is haha

I've got Montana

Ummm, that just sounds like an in state rival who hates the Griz if you ask me. MSU scored 3 points to Montana's 35 that game.

If you're friend is right then what does that say about Cal Poly or Weber... much less the Cats.

I don't know much about Richmond, so I'll have to reserve any predictions until I do a little more research on these guys.

Shakermaker
12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Haha this is for you buddy. Montana is not that good of a team, James Madison turned it over a ridiculous amount of times and lost there starting qb and they still had a chance at the end. I watched a very bad Montana State team hang with them for three quaters. And I guess I have to hate the Griz too.:)

The last five games every opponent has made a ridiculous amount of turnovers against the Griz. I don't know if you chalk that up to luck or give their defense some credit, or a little of both.

I was kind of hoping to see UNI play the Griz, but what can you do? When a coach has a timeout and 12 seconds left in the game you would think he'd try and get in field goal range instead of putting on a "hot potato" exhibition. WTF was that all about?

bisonmike2
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
I'll be going for Montana. Family ties, and I don't want to see an east coast team win it.

MontBison
12-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Yes but what was the score at half time? Montana State returned the opening kick off to the 5 yard line came out with a FG. Montana State is a very bad team I am not a Montana State homer i watched every game this year ndsu played on the interweb, I also rocked the Green and Gold to every Montana State home game and the Cat Griz game and told everyone we would be back in a week. You dont get the fact that they believe there the greatest thing ever becuase they schedule no one in the pre season. Dont know a lot about Poly but to be honest I thought that Weber was going to be the suprise this year untill they got screwed in they playoff seedings. How do you penalize a team that lost at both Utah and BYU by not all that bad? :bow:

Shakermaker
12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes but what was the score at half time? Montana State returned the opening kick off to the 5 yard line came out with a FG. Montana State is a very bad team I am not a Montana State homer i watched every game this year ndsu played on the interweb, I also rocked the Green and Gold to every Montana State home game and the Cat Griz game and told everyone we would be back in a week. You dont get the fact that they believe there the greatest thing ever becuase they schedule no one in the pre season. Dont know a lot about Poly but to be honest I thought that Weber was going to be the suprise this year untill they got screwed in they playoff seedings. How do you penalize a team that lost at both Utah and BYU by not all that bad? :bow:

Because they lost at home to Eastern Washington... they controlled their own destiny and blew it. They scheduled Utah and BYU and still ended up losing to Montana in the playoffs. Cal Poly lost by 1 point to the U of W Badgers and then lost to Weber. The Bobcats lost to the Gophers and were beat by Montana as well. Please tell me how any of these teams are better off due to scheduling an FBS team, because they're all sitting at home right now. Try to understand I am not against playing an FBS team. I like it when FCS teams schedule FBS teams (David and Goliath), but they do so at their own peril. It is no secret a loss to an FBS team can often hurt you in the FCS polls.

You are definitely right about one thing though: We don't schedule anyone in the "pre season." Hell, we don't have a "pre season." We have spring practice though.

If you're a Bison fan who goes to MSU that's great. I too am a Bison fan. They're my second favorite team in the FCS and I enjoyed going to the Dome when my cousin was a student at NDSU. I am in no way a wordsmith, however, next time you may want to consider writing your retort in a manner that won't make the reader question which elementary school you attend.

Honestly, I have a hard time believing you attend MSU. Maybe UND, but not MSU (or NDSU for that matter).

bisonaudit
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I work with a Richmond graduate so I'll be cheering for the Spiders.

MontBison
12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Yea, sorry I didn't mention I was an English major......:rofl:

Shakermaker
12-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Yea, sorry I didn't mention I was an English major......:rofl:

So how long have you been rocking the Bison colors? Three posts now? I'm starting to think you do attend MSU. I'd glom onto the Bison if I were a Bobcat as well. At least you'll have a shot at the playoffs that way.

NDSUstudent
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Gotta go for the Griz, great program and I'm sick of seeing the title winner coming from the east.

bisonmike2
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Will a Griz national championship get the fans to begin talking about a possible jump to FBS? Wasn't there some brief talk of that in the past?

MontBison
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
It was never disputed that I attend MSU. You would too if you liked the mountains, I was able to see the flat lands of Fargo long enough. How long have I been a bison fan? Since I was six or seven. Parents have had season tickets since I can remember. Was one of the fearless leaders in the grandstands last year in Brookings. But none of this matters. I simply stated that Montana is not that good therefor I see Richmand winning by at least 10 and I'll eat crow if they don't.

MontanaBisonFan
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
It was never disputed that I attend MSU. You would too if you liked the mountains, I was able to see the flat lands of Fargo long enough. How long have I been a bison fan? Since I was six or seven. Parents have had season tickets since I can remember. Was one of the fearless leaders in the grandstands last year in Brookings. But none of this matters. I simply stated that Montana is not that good therefor I see Richmand winning by at least 10 and I'll eat crow if they don't.

Montana has been lucky all year besides scheduling cream puffs and were handed Turnovers and missed field goals by opponents. If Montana wins I won't be able to handle the harassment and nasty phone calls from to many Griz fans.

Being a Bobcat fan and a Bison Fan the Griz fans will give me no mercy.

Therefore Richmond must and will win by 24.

Shakermaker
12-16-2008, 01:44 AM

Fair enough.

Shakermaker
12-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Will a Griz national championship get the fans to begin talking about a possible jump to FBS? Wasn't there some brief talk of that in the past?

Only by those who long to be in one of the 200 worthless bowl games out there. I like the playoffs... I'd love to jump up if the FBS had them. Otherwise you won't have a shot at the title unless you make the BCS... and even then your shot at a national title is sometimes determined by something other than playing on the field.

...but yes, it will stir the pot. Even this year some people have been beating that dead horse.

Shakermaker
12-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Montana has been lucky all year besides scheduling cream puffs and were handed Turnovers and missed field goals by opponents. If Montana wins I won't be able to handle the harassment and nasty phone calls from to many Griz fans.

Being a Bobcat fan and a Bison Fan the Griz fans will give me no mercy.

Therefore Richmond must and will win by 24.

Name the cream puff... I follow the Bison and can name two you scheduled. Which is two more than we had. Please name the puffs. Let me guess... Central Washington. Let me remind you they beat MSU. Our one supposed puff.

Is it Griz Penis envy you suffer from? Or is it the fact your cl!t is smaller than your mother's?

I don't want to start crap with other Bison fans, but you are a total tosser. Are you a Bison fan first or a Cat fan first? I too love the Bison, but I've made NO bones about being a Griz fan first. I even stated earlier the Bison team of last year probably would have beat this year's Griz team, but I was being objective. You obviously can't be objective...and by doing so you put down every team that isn't playing This Friday.

Honestly, a cream puff schedule got us past JMU, Weber, Cal Poly? JMU lost to us because we scheduled ONE DII team? I guess the Bison were cream puffs when we played them as well a few years back? And when the Bison made the jump (not playoff eligible yet, but they had the scholies a FCS team has) they must have hated losing to the Cream Puff Sioux.

You know what... you have Griz hate, so you don't see things objectively. Either way... if we get number three, this Friday, I'll be thankful for our cream puff schedule that caused all of the other ranked teams during the regular season and in the playoffs to lose to us.

MontBison
12-16-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm simply providing unbiased information and it has been stated pervious times that I am not a Cat fan by any means. CENTRAL freaking WASHINGTON, it does look like Reilly did put up good numbers, but maybe it was the fact that it took a last second fg for you guys to win it that sticks out to me or maybe its that they were D2, what is that again? The cream puff that you play week in and week out is called the Pig Sty confrence. Perhapse a move to FBS into a league such as the WAC would be best suited for your program. But you wouldn't because then you would have more than two losses a year, and that also means having to play with the big boys neither of which Grizly nation would be to fond of I'm sure.

Shakermaker
12-16-2008, 04:46 AM
I'm simply providing unbiased information and it has been stated pervious times that I am not a Cat fan by any means. CENTRAL freaking WASHINGTON, it does look like Reilly did put up good numbers, but maybe it was the fact that it took a last second fg for you guys to win it that sticks out to me or maybe its that they were D2, what is that again? The cream puff that you play week in and week out is called the Pig Sty confrence. Perhapse a move to FBS into a league such as the WAC would be best suited for your program. But you wouldn't because then you would have more than two losses a year, and that also means having to play with the big boys neither of which Grizly nation would be to fond of I'm sure.

And yet we're playing for the FCS NC...

I'm sure every cream puff team over the last 16 years, which includes many more FBS teams than you have played, should justify your hate for the Griz.

If an excuse makes you feel better... then the world is your oyster. Otherwise nothing else you say is anything but talk which you cannot back up.

Nice try on the cream puff talk. It takes more than scheduling ONE team to get ANY team beyond the first round of the playoffs, but I won't get my point through the head of a pseudo football fan with an extra chromosome like yourself.

It is what it is... if you don't like it go back to your XBox360 or PS2 and schedule what seems fair to you.

I remember losing to the Bison in Missoula. It hurt, but the traveling Bison fans had class. They were thrilled, as well they should have been, but won with grace. One week later I was in the Bison Dome when they lost to UC Davis. I wore my Griz shirt and was treated with nothing but respect from the classy fans in the west section. You obviously are not on the same level of the fans I met that day... and the six other games I saw over the next two years (yep... I once lived in ND).

BlueBisonRock
12-16-2008, 05:02 AM
And yet we're playing for the FCS NC...

I'm sure every cream puff team over the last 16 years, which includes many more FBS teams than you have played, should justify your hate for the Griz.

If an excuse makes you feel better... then the world is your oyster. Otherwise nothing else you say is anything but talk which you cannot back up.

Nice try on the cream puff talk. It takes more than scheduling ONE team to get ANY team beyond the first round of the playoffs, but I won't get my point through the head of a pseudo football fan with an extra chromosome like yourself.

It is what it is... if you don't like it go back to your XBox360 or PS2 and schedule what seems fair to you.

For the record Shaker: After seconds of sound and studious consideration, I decided I am pulling for the Griz in this game. It has a lot to do with my spending three of my formative years in southwestern Montana. And yes, I picked the Griz ahead of UNI when the panthers looked like they had the game in hand (wrong on that one).

Perhaps we can let the Griz - Cat debate move from the ND prairies to those lovely rolling hills or the magnificant mountains of Montana while letting both the Griz faction and the Cat faction join the Bison Faithfull in singing that tribute to the University up North....

Far across the plains of Fargo, there for all to see.....

WYOBISONMAN
12-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Hell......it is kinda entertaining watching the Cats and Griz mix it up on here.......kinda keeps us from fighting with each other.....:hide:

MontBison
12-16-2008, 05:29 AM
It's funny though that it seemed like no one else had a clue who NDSU was when I was there for Cat Griz. My point is this, year in and year out you guys have a poor schedule make the playoffs and bow out. This didn't hold true this year so great for you. I just saw the news tonght and your RB said everyone was telling him how they were going to be 8-4. Which begs the question what other 3 teams would have beaten you? Anyway all I'm stating is that ALL the cards have fallen your way and you can't dispute that. As WYO stated earlier he doesn't see a championship team this year. I have to agree once APP ST. and James Maddison were beaten I had a tough time determining a winner. But Richmand knocked out the top dog so I gotta go with them.

fargocyclone
12-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Hell......it is kinda entertaining watching the Cats and Griz mix it up on here.......kinda keeps us from fighting with each other.....:hide:

I like it too! I think it's really funny!

Shakermaker
12-17-2008, 12:47 AM
For the record Shaker: After seconds of sound and studious consideration, I decided I am pulling for the Griz in this game. It has a lot to do with my spending three of my formative years in southwestern Montana. And yes, I picked the Griz ahead of UNI when the panthers looked like they had the game in hand (wrong on that one).

Perhaps we can let the Griz - Cat debate move from the ND prairies to those lovely rolling hills or the magnificant mountains of Montana while letting both the Griz faction and the Cat faction join the Bison Faithfull in singing that tribute to the University up North....

Far across the plains of Fargo, there for all to see.....

Hmmm, sounds like a simple and doable plan... So I will talk some fun Bison Dome memories I've had.

Back in my young and dumb days, my cousin and his friends (all NDSU students) took me out to my second Bison game and they smuggled in a few pints of Jameson. The only thing I had to purchase was the Pepsi/Coke at the counters in which the Jameson would be mixed. We had to mix the drinks in the 'security' of the bathroom stalls. After reflecting on the game... we were doing nothing different than half the people in our seating section.

The Bison have a great fan base and the Dome was loud that night. I've been to four other games beyond that game and one prior, but my point is the Bison do have a hostile venue as well. If you love football the Dome has a great atmosphere as well.

I do hope the Griz will do a home and home with the Bison in the future. One thing I would like to add in the Dome vs Stadium arguement is it is cool how you can have past and present pics all around the Dome in regards to your team. You don't get to have a pictorial representation of your past and present teams in a stadium... don't get me wrong... there is something about playing in a stadium.

bkit29
12-17-2008, 01:18 AM
42-40 griz in 2OT

tjbison
12-17-2008, 01:26 AM

Yeah its a nice change!!! C'mon griz get them Pussys (ha you all know what I mean)

MontBison
12-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Alright I'll give you that and I might get flamed for saying this but Griz stadium is a lot more wild than the dome. I sat amongst a bunch of senior citizens and I kid you not they stood dam near the whole game besides the last half of the 4th. The whole stadium stood the whole game for that fact and it was loud, but I must say not as loud as the dome can be. The roof helps a lot with the noise.

aces1180
12-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Alright I'll give you that and I might get flamed for saying this but Griz stadium is a lot more wild than the dome. I sat amongst a bunch of senior citizens and I kid you not they stood dam near the whole game besides the last half of the 4th. The whole stadium stood the whole game for that fact and it was loud, but I must say not as loud as the dome can be. The roof helps a lot with the noise.

I think a lot of people will agree with you...I have heard the crowds at Montana are amazing.

onbison09
12-17-2008, 02:54 AM
You won't get flamed from me.

bisonmike2
12-17-2008, 03:58 PM

No argument here. I'm convinced that outdoor football makes people a little more crazy. Maybe it's because, especially in cold weather, you want to get up, jump around and shout just to stay warm or keep your mind of the bitter cold. Also, Montana has gotten to play a lot more meaning full games in their place then we have in ours. All that being said, under the right circumstances there is no better place than the FFD for a football game. More recently I'm thinking of the 2006 SDSU/NDSU football game. That was a great atmosphere with alot on the line.

56BISON73
12-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Outdoor footballs atmosphere is the best!!!!!!!! No comparison. PL

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Game time. Time to crown a champion!!! I am betting on Montana

56BISON73
12-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Richmond is driving. PL

56BISON73
12-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Richmond scores on trick play

NorthernBison
12-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Those chop block penalties are murder. The announcers have no clue about the call. I think they are looking at the wrong end of the line.

Ends up leading to really poor field position for MT, a punt, good field position for the Spiders and a TD. 14-0 Richmond.

NorthernBison
12-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Montana defense getting sliced and diced. Not the best tackling.

Bergquist (MT QB) has taken some big shots. Limping around and pretty ineffective so far.

Unless they turn it around quick, this could get ugly.

56BISON73
12-20-2008, 01:11 AM
On the second possession of the game MT drives to the 6. Its 1st and goal from the 6 and they end up having to try a 33 yd FG.

56BISON73
12-20-2008, 01:12 AM
MT fumbles. Geez. They are falling apart. PL

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Man did I call this one wrong. Richmond is dominating them. Montana's QB can't find anyone down the field but most of the time he doesn't even have time to.

NorthernBison
12-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Hey, I'm starting to feel a little better about our kicking game. These guys are terrible so far.

Bad clock management by Richmond at the end of the half cost them a play to take a shot at the end zone. Kicker looked bad on a medium range field goal.

21-0 Richmond.

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Wow Sidbury from Richmond is just schooling Montana with that spin move. He is dang quick with it.

WePharm
12-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Montana's offensive line goes 6'7, 6'7,6'5 6'8 and all 300plus. We have a ways to go to match their size and Richmond's speed.

56BISON73
12-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Montana is just getting their ass kicked. Too many mistakes and they are getting beat in the trenches. Plus Richmonds running back wont let you take him down with arm tackles. PL

Bisonguy
12-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Montana's offensive line goes 6'7, 6'7,6'5 6'8 and all 300plus. We have a ways to go to match their size and Richmond's speed.

Three of those dude's on Montana's OL are BCS FBS transfers.

UTH
12-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Touchdown Montana. That offense finally had something go right.

56BISON73
12-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Well lets see if Montanas D can stop Richmond and the Griz can keep the momentum. PL

UTH
12-20-2008, 02:29 AM
One more sack and Montana just needs to hang up the pads. For life. Is it about five???

A1pigskin
12-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Richmond is playing well.

CarringtonBison
12-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Richmond wins. Really no threat from Montana-turnovers, line looked like crap, VERY poor tackling.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2008, 03:13 AM
The 2006 (and maybe 2007) Bison would have played a better game against Richmond. It would have been a great game.

Richmond found the perfect blend...but the turnover advantage is where they really have had the advantage. Ward has controlled the ball in every game.

MontBison
12-20-2008, 03:50 AM
And yet nobody will believe me when I say that This years Bison team Would have beaten Montana! I don't know anything about college football though.

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Richmonds D schooled them though. They may have been big but Richmond made them look like their feet were in concrete. Richmonds D coach gameplanned very well and brought pressure at the right times. He deserves two thumbs up.

Shakermaker
12-21-2008, 07:35 AM
I think our, Montana's, sphincters are still stuck to the turf. WTF happened? We peaked one week to early.