PDA

View Full Version : Major commitment news coming soon

Marlins
12-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Major commitment news coming soon...working on the article as we speak.

Marlins
12-09-2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=978614

GREAT grab for the Bison!

Bisonguy
12-09-2008, 12:40 AM
My, oh my!!

Choosing NDSU over scholarship offers from Boston College, Washington State, and Army.

Thanks for the scoop!!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-09-2008, 12:45 AM
My, oh my!!

Choosing NDSU over scholarship offers from Boston College, Washington State, and Army.

Thanks for the scoop!!!!

yeah thats huge, maybe he can be a starting freshmen!

onbison09
12-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the info!! Hope he turns out as advertised.

BisBison
12-09-2008, 12:54 AM
My, oh my!!

Thanks for the scoop!!!!

AND also over und hehe

tjbison
12-09-2008, 12:57 AM
The article states we are Division-I FBS oops:hide:

oh well looks like a good kid!

Mr. Burgundy
12-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Ummm....wow? I don't know what to say. When BC offered him, I thought we were done. UNREAL get for NDSU. Kid is a freak. I have been following that kid ever since rivals had us as offering him. What an athlete. Impressive for the coaches. They need a pat on the back after that signing. 2 star on rivals. Now lets get 15 or so more!

Civil06
12-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Wow, thanks Marlins!! Good job Coach Bohl and the rest of the staff. That boy looks like a man!!

Marlins
12-09-2008, 01:02 AM
The article states we are Division-I FBS oops:hide:

oh well looks like a good kid!

Oops, fixed. That's what happens when you're in a hurry. lol

Mr. Burgundy
12-09-2008, 01:05 AM
That kid is my new favorite. He chose us over Wash State and Boston College. That is impressive.

Marlins
12-09-2008, 01:09 AM
If not for a broken leg as a junior and a concussion sustained during the University of Wisconsin's camp earlier this summer, Juckem would have most likely received a scholarship offer from Wisconsin and most of the other schools in the Big Ten.

BisoninNWMN
12-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Pretty impressive for the Bison, considering the FBS scholly offers!!!!

ndsubison1
12-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Huge get!!! Congats NDSU coaching staff!

SlickVic
12-09-2008, 01:33 AM
first 2 star get for the bison sense jamar aka the future champ???? my oh my.....

rutlandbison
12-09-2008, 01:39 AM
WOW this is amazing!!! Now im excited for next season.... and the reason is him!!! (I konw that sounds gay but he sounds like a stud on the field)!!!!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Slick, that is not the last two star. Sorry bro. We had a few last year. don't even make me dig it up...you know I study the recruiting stuff....

SlickVic
12-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Slick, that is not the last two star. Sorry bro. We had a few last year. don't even make me dig it up...you know I study the recruiting stuff....

ya i no u do...jamar was the type of prospect programs are built around a 2 star stud...just jacked...jamar had to have been the first 2 star we landed tho??? justin cash money might have been a 2 star as well but i no for a fact champ was he had me pull up his page on rivals in every computer lab on campus i finally printed it out and put it on his dorm door hahahaha lol

CarringtonBison
12-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Excellent get, picking us over FBS schools (from BCS conferences none the less!). Great job coaches.

Hope this leads to a dominoe effect and we get some more huge signings. I love this!

Mr. Burgundy
12-09-2008, 02:14 AM
This kid is listed at the pre season 7th best kid in the state of WI. The 6 kids above him have signed at either Wisconsin or Iowa State. We are in some REALLY NICE COMPANY on that list. Looks impressive. I hope that is a great sign of a great class. We need it.

Ricky Bobby
12-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Slic......what ever happened to your boy, Jamar Champ???

UTH
12-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Played so many positions, it's close to impossible to know where he's at on the outset of each play.

Oh, well. It's entertaining all the same. Videos follow... [linky (http://video.berecruited.com/videos/athletes/141788)]

SlickVic
12-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Slic......what ever happened to your boy, Jamar Champ???

whipping a benz in H town last i heard...u fools should be able to do the math on that yourselfs...in the words of the great B1SON ;)

X-Factor
12-09-2008, 03:03 AM
ya i no u do...jamar was the type of prospect programs are built around a 2 star stud...just jacked...jamar had to have been the first 2 star we landed tho??? justin cash money might have been a 2 star as well but i no for a fact champ was he had me pull up his page on rivals in every computer lab on campus i finally printed it out and put it on his dorm door hahahaha lol

Cash was easily the most talented WR I have seen on a Bison roster in recent history. Still very rough when he came to NDSU but so much upside potential. That was too bad he couldn't stay on the team. Would have been a game changer by this point in his career.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2008, 04:10 AM
If not for a broken leg as a junior and a concussion sustained during the University of Wisconsin's camp earlier this summer, Juckem would have most likely received a scholarship offer from Wisconsin and most of the other schools in the Big Ten.

Not questioning your statement...just asking & commenting...but how does a kid of this caliber 'not' get an offer from Wisconsin? So he broke a leg and had a concussion...big deal. Is it just that the Badgers have so many options that Juckem doesn't really matter? I mean, this kid has 'winner' written all over him. He could be a program changer for us...like a Mays, Humber, and other obvious names. The videos show him taking over games against what appears to be some good competition.

What do you think his position will be?

msvjcpa
12-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Let's keep things in perspective boys. A verbal commitment is just that; verbal. Many a recruit have moved to greener pastures by the time signing day rolls around. I can guarantee you he will be getting the hard press from any number of FBS schools before this is over. We can only hope he sticks to his commitment. I'm sure Bohl told him that it's a trust thing and he should tell the other schools to honor his decision. They won't. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.

He will help shore up a pretty thin DE position. Johnson and Boyer are going to be studs, but you get past them and there isn't much. Stocynski hasn't turned out to be much of a player with his size. Not sure he took one snap at DE last year. Then you have a true freshman. If he's a real player, he may leap frog Sto and the new kid Hagen.

jugular
12-09-2008, 01:09 PM
GREAT get for the Bison...should be able to stretch the field and a threat at TE is key for the offense. Just curious Marlins, how do you know he would've likely received a scholarship from Wisconsin and most of th Big 10 if he had not got a concussion or a broken leg?

jugular
12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
I wonder which side of the ball he's being looked at...if he were not listed as a TE I'd say his DE film is more impressive than his TE film.

lakesbison
12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
he'll play DE..

Marlins
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Not questioning your statement...just asking & commenting...but how does a kid of this caliber 'not' get an offer from Wisconsin? So he broke a leg and had a concussion...big deal. Is it just that the Badgers have so many options that Juckem doesn't really matter? I mean, this kid has 'winner' written all over him. He could be a program changer for us...like a Mays, Humber, and other obvious names. The videos show him taking over games against what appears to be some good competition.

What do you think his position will be?

Juckem suffered a concussion the first day of Badger camp, so they weren't able to get a real good look at him in person. The concussion also caused him to miss the first game of the season. The broken leg caused him to miss a good chunk of his junior season. Staying healthy is the only "down side" I've heard about Juckem. If he can avoid the injury bug then he'll be a monster.

IMO, the Badgers should have offered Juckem to start with, but they decided to offer some out of state kids and hope things would fall their way. Juckem (along with a few other in-state kids) seem to be slow played or back up plans for them. That seems to be the trend under Bielema. They know in-state kids really want to be Badgers, so they can take their time on them and offer them late and still secure a commitment.

Juckem has the ability to play on either side of the ball, but I listed him as a DE on our wisfootball.net player rankings.

Bison"FANatic"
12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
This is a great get. I have been following marlins articles on him and he seems like a very smart kid who took his time and thought the process through. I thought for sure we would lose him to BC when I was watching them on national TV on Saturday. Welcome to the HERD!!!!!!!

Bison"FANatic"
12-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Here is the Forum article

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/rss.cfm?id=224611

KilldeerBison
12-09-2008, 04:41 PM
According to the Forum, his decision was partly based upon the quality of education he would get at NDSU. A few years back, I heard a Boeing executive say that their company had a high regard for NDSU graduates. He said that they often referred to the NDSU Engineering College as the Harvard of the Midwest.

bisonhusker
12-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a degree from NDSU, but Boston College is a pretty impressive school too! I am pretty excited to get that kid.

Marlins
12-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Just speculation on my part, but distance could have also been a factor. Washington State, Boston College and Army are all on the east or west coast and thousands of miles away from friends and family.

That brings it down to North Dakota State or North Dakota.

At least at NDSU his friends/family can come see him play easier than if he had gone to a school on either coast. Also a shorter trip home for him during breaks from school.

bisonmike2
12-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I have a degree from NDSU, but Boston College is a pretty impressive school too! I am pretty excited to get that kid.

Bahston College sucks. Dose chowda heads can go have tea partee in the harbar and yap about how wicked their bruthers trans-am is.

/i got nuthing.:)

90BISON
12-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Bahston College sucks. Dose chowda heads can go have tea partee in the harbar and yap about how wicked their bruthers trans-am is.

/i got nuthing.:)

Carefull, you're gonna piss off TAB.:hide:

BisonNeil
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
first 2 star get for the bison sense jamar aka the future champ???? my oh my.....

Garrett Johnson was originally a 3-star TE on Rivals, but after he verballed to the Bison after the 2006 NDSU/UMN game they dropped a star. He was not rated at the DE position he currently plays, however.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?State=MN&Sport=1&DPosition=13&Position=10&Year=2007&qs=1

BisonNeil
12-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Another verbal/transfer, a DT and a S:

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Already posted on another thread, sorry.

Grimmestad's verbal reminds me of last years DT signee. Anybody have news on whether Offerman is going to be academically eligible?

Earlier someone posted about how thin DE is, which I agree with, no one behind Boyer and Johnson that I know of, except wasn't Reid switched from LB to DE? I know he was also academically ineligible, but he was a 2-star from WI, I think.

Thunder_Struck
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Seems like we have some young talent at DE now. Of course only 2 proven guys in Johnson and Boyer. Behind them we may have Reid, Hagen, & Juckem.

d3boys
12-09-2008, 11:55 PM
sounds like one of the main reasons he chose ndsu was that the coaches sold him on the fact that they would be there for him off the field also
sounds like a smart kid 3.9 gpa
great job coaches

tjbison
12-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Seems like we have some young talent at DE now. Of course only 2 proven guys in Johnson and Boyer. Behind them we may have Reid, Hagen, & Juckem.

Is he still with the team?? I had high hopes for this kid when he committed, but thought he was one that didn't make it acedemically or am I wrong

rutlandbison
12-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Is he still with the team?? I had high hopes for this kid when he committed, but thought he was one that didn't make it acedemically or am I wrong
I think he got hit with the clearing house thing, but i could be wrong and probably am. I believe he rejoins the team this spring along with offerman. I think dont take my word for it.

tjbison
12-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I think he got hit with the clearing house thing, but i could be wrong and probably am. I believe he rejoins the team this spring along with offerman. I think dont take my word for it.

Dang i hope so! with Juckem, Reid they could be workhorses together!

ndsubison1
12-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Pretty sure Reid will be back in the Spring, about 99% sure...

NDSUFan_Sav
12-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Pretty sure Reid will be back in the Spring, about 99% sure...

hope you're correct...we could use that help!!!

tjbison
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM

Umm last year these were all 2 star Rivals recruits!

Gregory Reid
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=62163

Jordan Osborne
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=68039

Bobby Miller
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=65697

Carl Landingham
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=65698

CaBisonFan
12-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Umm last year these were all 2 star Rivals recruits!

Gregory Reid
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=62163

Jordan Osborne
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=68039

Bobby Miller
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=65697

Carl Landingham
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=65698

Are any of these guys still around & ready to contribute next year?

Jdubs21
12-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Tyler Gimmestad, 6'4, 270, Marshall, MN has verballed, as i posted on the other thread not sure if it was posted elsewhere

rutlandbison
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Are any of these guys still around & ready to contribute next year?
Bobby Miller didnt come to school, for family reasons i think. But the other 3 are still here and ready.

CaBisonFan
12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Bobby Miller didnt come to school, for family reasons i think. But the other 3 are still here and ready.

Thanks.........:nod:

HerdBot
12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Major commitment news coming soon...working on the article as we speak.

That is big news! The #5 prospect in the state of Wisconsin and he plays the all important DE position!

rutlandbison
12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks.........:nod:
You are Welcome

RunDMc34
12-12-2008, 12:57 AM
I know this is a long way off but is there any shot that this kid comes in and does not redshirt?

lakesbison
12-12-2008, 02:10 AM
HE BETTER NOT REDSHIRT>..... IF WE ARE GOING TO GET BIG TIME RECRUITS... WE GOTTA CONVINCE THEM TO COME TO NDSU AND PLAY RIGHT AWAY!!!

not this redshirt crap.... especially if we want 2 and 3 star kids!!!

MN_BISON
12-12-2008, 02:42 AM
HE BETTER NOT REDSHIRT>..... IF WE ARE GOING TO GET BIG TIME RECRUITS... WE GOTTA CONVINCE THEM TO COME TO NDSU AND PLAY RIGHT AWAY!!!

not this redshirt crap.... especially if we want 2 and 3 star kids!!!

Redshirt crap? You realize most freshman redshirt right, this in not an NDSU thing. If you were talking hoops I would probably agree with you but football is a whole different game. Do you realize the difference between an 18 year old and a 23 year old man not to mention what it takes to learn a new system at the college level? Redshirts are very important to a players development. Of course there a few exceptions to the rule, but not common at any level of football.

ndsubison1
12-12-2008, 02:47 AM
if we need him depth-wise and he's talented enough than we won't redshirt him

msvjcpa
12-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Unless we get a JUCO transfer to back up Johnson and Boyer, I see him moving into the 2 Deep as a true freshman. Johnson and Boyer will be solid and proved they have what it takes to compete at this level while only playing about 25% of the plays this season. Behind them you basically have nothing. Stocynski is too small in my opinion and didn't take one snap at DE this year that I can remember. When one of the DEs went down, they went to a 3 man rotation and still left Sto on the sidelines. That says a ton about the coaches' feelings on the matter. Then you have Hagen, a red shirt this year. So it seems likely that if we don't get any help from a transfer, Juckem will no doubt be in the lineup in a backup role to either johnson or boyer provided he proves to be as good as he is being touted.

tony
12-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Re: the talk of Justin Juckem playing as a true freshman. His coach was quoted as saying that he hopes the Bison "do the right thing" and let him hit the weight room for a year before playing. FWIW, Juckem is going to be engineering major and, unless things have changed a lot, that first year can be brutal even without anything else, like football, going on. If only for academic reasons alone, I hope he gets to redshirt.

rutlandbison
12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Unless we get a JUCO transfer to back up Johnson and Boyer, I see him moving into the 2 Deep as a true freshman. Johnson and Boyer will be solid and proved they have what it takes to compete at this level while only playing about 25% of the plays this season. Behind them you basically have nothing. Stocynski is too small in my opinion and didn't take one snap at DE this year that I can remember. When one of the DEs went down, they went to a 3 man rotation and still left Sto on the sidelines. That says a ton about the coaches' feelings on the matter. Then you have Hagen, a red shirt this year. So it seems likely that if we don't get any help from a transfer, Juckem will no doubt be in the lineup in a backup role to either johnson or boyer provided he proves to be as good as he is being touted.
Your talking about weight issues here and then you mention Hagen as the 2 or 3 deep???? Stoczynski added 10 lbs last year and will keep adding weight. Hage is only 220-230 and stoczynski is probably close to 240 now because he was 234 coming into the season.

bisonhusker
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I hope he redshirts and is a beast as an upper classman. He is going to be in school for 5 plus years anyway. He is a smart kid. 3.9 in high school.

msvjcpa
12-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Your talking about weight issues here and then you mention Hagen as the 2 or 3 deep???? Stoczynski added 10 lbs last year and will keep adding weight. Hage is only 220-230 and stoczynski is probably close to 240 now because he was 234 coming into the season.

Well they both have to be on the 2 deep if we've only got 4 right? Maybe I missed your point. My point about Sto is that he is just too small to really be able to compete at this level at that position in my opinion. That seemed to play out this year without one down at the position. He will be at best 2nd or 3rd string behind johnson and boyer his whole career since they are all in the same recruiting class. I heard the testing they do on the players indicated that based on Sto's frame, he isn't going to be able to put on much more weight without it impacting his speed and agility. Conversely, I heard that johnson's frame will allow him to be at least 270 and not lose any speed or agility. That's a huge difference. That's NFL prototype. I would guess boyer is about the same but didn't hear what the testing said about him. I really don't know much about Hagen other than his starting size is a bit better than Sto's. So, if Juckem is all that, then I see him moving into a backup role perhaps leapfrogging Stoc at a minimum.

rutlandbison
12-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Well they both have to be on the 2 deep if we've only got 4 right? Maybe I missed your point. My point about Sto is that he is just too small to really be able to compete at this level at that position in my opinion. That seemed to play out this year without one down at the position. He will be at best 2nd or 3rd string behind johnson and boyer his whole career since they are all in the same recruiting class. I heard the testing they do on the players indicated that based on Sto's frame, he isn't going to be able to put on much more weight without it impacting his speed and agility. Conversely, I heard that johnson's frame will allow him to be at least 270 and not lose any speed or agility. That's a huge difference. That's NFL prototype. I would guess boyer is about the same but didn't hear what the testing said about him. I really don't know much about Hagen other than his starting size is a bit better than Sto's. So, if Juckem is all that, then I see him moving into a backup role perhaps leapfrogging Stoc at a minimum.

Point well taken and i agree on Johnson and Boyer being absolute studs and i didnt intend my comments to affend you and i also dont wanna get into a pissing match here. I'm just saying give stoczynski some time, maybe he will add weight maybe not. But i know Lardnois was 212 lbs when he was a freshman.

Thunder_Struck
12-12-2008, 06:09 PM
All this talk about DE and no talk about Reid. Is he not being projected as a DE?

BisonNeil
12-12-2008, 10:38 PM
All this talk about DE and no talk about Reid. Is he not being projected as a DE?

That is where they moved him I think, we'll know in a few weeks if he is going to be academically eligible.