PDA

View Full Version : Thundar in CapitalOneBowl Finals vs Cy

NDSUFan_Sav
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Alright good work Bisonville...need to do a lot of work this last week to fight off Cy..

Voting starts at 11 eastern/10 central

Good Luck Thundar....lets bring it home bisonville!!! Finish off this thing!

chuckles
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I just voted now this morning, and it appears CapitalOne will not be showing us the number of votes each mascot receives this round, so vote, vote, vote!!!

Hammersmith
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Aaaand we're off.

I don't know if they're going to let us see current progress this time or if it will show up later. The schedule page only has "Stay Tuned!" instead of a running tally.

edit: duh, they're going to announce the winner during the Capital One Bowl. Leaving the running tally in would kinda spoil the surprise(and the huge ratings draw this contest will bring in. /sarcasm).

BisBison
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Just voted again, Hate the Stay Tuned message. :banghead: :banghead:

SDbison
12-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Here is the link.......everyone on Bisonville needs to vote:
http://www.capitalonebowl.com/

UTH
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Just voted again, Hate the Stay Tuned message. :banghead: :banghead:

Definitely looking like this one will remain such until the winner is actually announced. Must run on blind desperation until the very last bitter end...

SDbison
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Anyone notice on the vote screen the banner on the top left has North Dakota State - Thundar while the one on the top right has Iowa State - Cyclones. Of course the mascot names are listed correctly where you check the boxes. Someone at Capital One must have screwed up....look out for those North Dakota State Thundars!

NDBison
12-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know the Iowa message board so that we can get their support?

devin45k
12-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Here's one:
http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=852

imabison
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Blue we are counting on your for Bringing Jack to the top of the writin to get SDSU to support Thundar!!!

Let see sked for today work, blow snow vote, bb game and Vote!!

Go Thundar!!!

Bisonguy
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM

There are four Iowa boards listed here- http://collegesportsinfo.com/directory/index.html

TbonZach
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Hate the Stay Tuned message. :banghead: :banghead:

Is Dr. O in control of the site? [GSB members should get that]

ndsubison1
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
we absolutely need everybody to vote multiple times EVERY single day! let's do this Bison nation!

clenz
12-08-2008, 09:14 PM
hawkeyereport.com

P.S. Kill Cy he is a large douche bag. I've said it before but when ISU played at UNI last week in basketball Cy took a lady's court side seat and throw her popcorn all over the play. AND usually I'm not one for rumors, but it has been floating around the state of Iowa that Cy and herpes are really good friends.

I put 75 votes for Thundar down today.

tjbison
12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
hawkeyereport.com

P.S. Kill Cy he is a large douche bag. I've said it before but when ISU played at UNI last week in basketball Cy took a lady's court side seat and throw her popcorn all over the play. AND usually I'm not one for rumors, but it has been floating around the state of Iowa that Cy and herpes are really good friends.

I put 75 votes for Thundar down today.

Would have been cool for the lady to kick Cy's ass for that!!

Thanks for the votes!

NWNDBison
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Found this thread at an Iowa State Cyclones fan site. I hadn't thought of it before, but it is kind of ironic that the mascots meet now and the football teams meet Sept. 9.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/44193-cap-one-mascot-challenge-finals.html

tjbison
12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Found this thread at an Iowa State Cyclones fan site. I hadn't thought of it before, but it is kind of ironic that the mascots meet now and the football teams meet Sept. 9.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/44193-cap-one-mascot-challenge-finals.html

Thundar wins = Bison win!!:nod:

NDSUFREAK
12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
haha, the smack about next years game is already starting from them....vote thundar!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Here is the link.......everyone on Bisonville needs to vote:
http://www.capitalonebowl.com/

I think i've been having dreams of that link for how much i've seen it over the last few months.

sambini
12-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Lets Get it Done for Thundar+++

fargocyclone
12-09-2008, 03:12 PM
This is just one of at least 4 emails I've gotten since yesterday on this subject. This one is from 'Iowa State Athletics Department'. The Iowa State fans are recruiting hard for votes. What are the NDSU fans doing for this?

Cy Moves on to the Championship Round
After beating Cocky in last weeks semifinal round of Capital One’s National Mascot Challenge, Cy moves on to the Championship Round against North Dakota State’s Thundar! Your votes pushed Cy to the top, and this is the last and final round to cast your votes to help Cy reign as National Mascot of the Year.
This weeks voting ends Monday at 8:59 A.M., so click here and cast your vote today!: http://www.capitalonebowl.com/vote/main
Click Here to join the Vote for CY Facebook group.
Click Here to join the Iowa State Athletics Fan Page on Facebook.

Note: As said earlier, I am remaining impartial in this and not voting. A 1-2 finish for fargocy!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-09-2008, 09:32 PM
got 50 votes in so far today....will get some more in lil later....its soo nice with the shockwave option disabled is huge

NDSUFan_Sav
12-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Is there a way they can set all the computers on campus to when you log in and open up a webpage it brings you to www.capitalonebowl.com so students have a better tendency to vote?

If anyone on here has any say or knows to where they can go for this we need to try and get that one asap!

gotts
12-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Is there a way they can set all the computers on campus to when you log in and open up a webpage it brings you to www.capitalonebowl.com so students have a better tendency to vote?

If anyone on here has any say or knows to where they can go for this we need to try and get that one asap!

I think the best they can do is a link on the NDSU main page, unfortunately.

I've splashed in about 300 votes over the course of the day today.

When I find myself not studying (which is quite often) I just vote!

Thundering Herd
12-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Who wants in Thundar's Century Club? 100 votes a day, everyday till this thing is done will get you in! If you haven't voted yet this week and start tommorrow, that's 500 votes for one person! I'm going for a 1500 this week. I welcome a challenge from others!

What do you get as a member? Knowing that if Thundar wins, you helped donate $5000 more dollars to the school as well as helped gain some exposure for good ol' NDSU! Maybe some jag bombs or joy rides in the crew cab could be donated? Lakes will get you into the VIP lounge so you can party with him and Jamie Foxx! UTH will invite you over for the Penguins game? TAB will bring you with on a business trip to Nigeria? A bison tatoo and membership to the Holy Order of the Bison? A tray of 75 cent beers from Chubs? T-shirts???

Keeping count is on-your-honor. I keep track by doing b1, b2, b3 and so on for nicknames (so don't use b!). Vote as much as you can!!! Go Thundar, go Bison! Let's f'n win this thing!!!

gotts
12-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Who wants in Thundar's Century Club? 100 votes a day, everyday till this thing is done will get you in! If you haven't voted yet this week and start tommorrow, that's 500 votes for one person! I'm going for a 1500 this week. I welcome a challenge from others!

What do you get as a member? Knowing that if Thundar wins, you helped donate $5000 more dollars to the school as well as helped gain some exposure for good ol' NDSU! Maybe some jag bombs or joy rides in the crew cab could be donated? Lakes will get you into the VIP lounge so you can party with him and Jamie Foxx! UTH will invite you over for the Penguins game? TAB will bring you with on a business trip to Nigeria? A bison tatoo and membership to the Holy Order of the Bison? A tray of 75 cent beers from Chubs? T-shirts???

Keeping count is on-your-honor. I keep track by doing b1, b2, b3 and so on for nicknames (so don't use b!). Vote as much as you can!!! Go Thundar, go Bison! Let's f'n win this thing!!!

Ah, good system.

I use random key mashing myself.

Just win baby!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Ah, good system.

I use random key mashing myself.

Just win baby!

i use to use my name on here ndsufan_sav then 1, 2, 3 after it then that took to long so i went to ndsufan 1, 2, 3, and now i'm just doing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 :)

ndsubison1
12-10-2008, 06:41 AM
i just press random keys like this dlfkjsdvlsjcvjds;

Hammersmith
12-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Copy & paste the CAPTCHA code(got buttons on the keyboard for it). Thanks for the Shockwave tip.

If you're still voting for SDSU, I think you can stop to save time. I doubt they'll lose their lead at this point(and we can always help them with a surge over the weekend if necessary).

NDSUFan_Sav
12-10-2008, 08:15 AM
alright just did 200 votes....keep it up bisonville, spread the word.

has anyone hit up other forums to get others to vote? iowas? northern iowas? any other places we can ask??? any other fcs teams that would be willing to help?

ndsubison1
12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Nebraska hates Iowa State...

Bison06
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
If someone could go over the steps to being able to vote multiple times again I would really appreciate that. Thanks.

rutlandbison
12-10-2008, 08:17 PM
If someone could go over the steps to being able to vote multiple times again I would really appreciate that. Thanks.
The way i do it is 1) Vote 2) right click on your internet icon 3) click delete 4) delete cookies. You should be able to then.

imabison
12-10-2008, 09:02 PM
The way i do it is 1) Vote 2) right click on your internet icon 3) click delete 4) delete cookies. You should be able to then.
If you run FireFox browers go to this thread
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13510&page=29

I think its page 12 and either 16 or 18 has the remove cookie plug in and deja click.

Makes it pretty easy with FireFox

clenz
12-11-2008, 12:27 AM
I dropped about 150 more the last two days.....man I really need a life...haha

BisonAccountant44
12-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Has anyone posted the link on ags lately? I know it was up there the first few weeks of the "regular season" but I haven't noticed anything recently. I'm sure we could pull a few votes out of that group.

Nevermind. If I'd have just searched for Thundar over there in the first place I would've seen that Freak, et al. are all over it.

TheDoctor
12-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Why are the vote totals not posted this week? It just says "VOTES - Stay Tuned"

ndsubison1
12-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Why are the vote totals not posted this week? It just says "VOTES - Stay Tuned"

because they announce it at halftime of the Capital One Bowl... it's so people actually watch the game LOL

fargocyclone
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Posted this in the other thread, might as well do it here too:

In talking to some friends here at Iowa State, they know of a way to figure out how many votes each mascot has. Apparently, the running total can be found somewhere on the site (including the post-season). You may have to download one of those widgets. (I'm on a school computer so I can't test that one out.) And then if you subtract from that running total the regular season totals and the votes for each round, you have left the votes for each mascot in the finals. Upon hearing this, I decided to make it a fair vote and let everyone here know about this little trick too.

Note: I haven't found this running total yet though.

HerdBot
12-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey just tried it out and Thundar is behind with the votes at:
Thundar: 21,573
Cy: 25,117

Their totals coming into the finals were Thundar 404,856 and Cy 404,915. If you go to the mascots tab and then select Thundar (or Cy) and subtract these totals from their total votes that tells where each is at for current votes.

(P.S. thanks fargocyclone for sharing the info with us)

Thundar is getting his ass handed to him. He's down by over 3,000 votes!

BisBison
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Thundar is getting his ass handed to him. He's down by over 3,000 votes!

I'm pretty sure those are the regular season standings and vote totals in the above links. I don't think that has anything to do with the finals, which is what we're voting on now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hammersmith
12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure those are the regular season standings and vote totals in the above links. I don't think that has anything to do with the finals, which is what we're voting on now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, he's right. In fact, the current difference is up to 3800. As of a few minutes ago, the tallies were this:

Thundar
Total Votes: 427,744
Reg. Season + Semifinals: 404,856
Final Round: 22,888

Cy
Total Votes: 431,654
Reg. Season + Semifinals: 404,915
Final Round: 26,739

Difference: 3,851

Everyone needs to vote hundreds of times before Monday morning if Thundar is going to pull this one out.

sambini
12-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Vote Thundar+++++++

ndsubison1
12-12-2008, 02:45 AM
everybody needs to keep voting everyday as many times as you can! Lets do this!

Thundering Herd
12-12-2008, 03:10 AM
has anyone gone to Iowa, Northern Iowa, Nebraska, or SDSU's forum or AGS lately (or at all) to gain votes??? Is anyone respected on the Griz's forum? Their mascot, Monte has won a couple times, so they know how to get it done! App St. has a lot of fans that may want to help.

Hey clenz, have you started a thread on your board? Can you please if you haven't yet? If you have, thank you!

Students,... spread the word and vote your ass off! Cy supporters were staying up all night in the semis having voting parties.

We need to vote like hell if we want to win this thing! I don't know about you, but I think it would be awesome to hear North Dakota State mentioned and see Thundar during halftime of the capital one bowl on national TV!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Agreed, i'll admit i've been slacking i got 400 votes on the week but some test and stuff to worry about (sorry thundar) but i'll put in 2,000 or so this weekend i'll be voting like mad crazy, and a final on monday morning (possible all nighter) so i'll get my part done for sure.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-12-2008, 06:22 AM
I posted stuff here as well!!!!

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?p=1836572#post1836572

HerdBot
12-12-2008, 07:05 AM
I posted stuff here as well!!!!

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?p=1836572#post1836572

I voted for 10 minutes straight and in the 10 minutes, Iowa State's lead actually grew. THey must have a team of freaks submitting votes around the clock because I voted nearly 70 times in 10 minutes. I didn't expect to see the lead grow.

They must have written some sort of script or something. Can they really vote at a 14 vote per minute clip late at night?

fargocyclone
12-12-2008, 05:10 PM
wow, they really hate me over at cyclonefanatic.com now! haha

They've been spying this board and of course picked up on the little gem I left for you guys. Kinda funny though!

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/general-discussion/44180-cy-finals-vs-thundar-10.html

SDbison
12-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I just voted a bunch.......is this hopeless or what? Did anyone organize a student effort on campus to get it done? If not, kind of lame.
BTW.....cookies still off so you can vote all you want.....step up Bisonville!

NOTE: Even if Thundar loses, NDSU needs to beat them in football next year!

rutlandbison
12-12-2008, 05:37 PM

They've been spying this board and of course picked up on the little gem I left for you guys. Kinda funny though!

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/general-discussion/44180-cy-finals-vs-thundar-10.html

Thats pretty funny shit. Wow they take their stuff seriously dont they.

CarringtonBison
12-12-2008, 06:07 PM

FGOCY,

don't leave your house at night. holy crap those guys hate you.

gotts
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Allright, so is will be useless to go on that board to get hints or tips on voting they will not be sharing anything anymore I believe. But this is what somebody said on there.

They know nothing more than we do.

Use your preferred method of voting and stuff that MF'ing ballot box!

Today's definitely a Capital One holiday! (PM me if you don't know what it means!)

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2008, 08:03 PM
So.......a confession of sorts. What are they doing to generate this "illegal overnight voting"?? Below is from page 11 of their voting thread.

Re: CY in the FINALS VS. Thundar! permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Steve
They have some similar methods to deal with clearing cookies. Fortunately, they are not the school that invented the modern computer so they do not have the code to manipulate the overnight voting. The keeper of the code better not let that secret out.
Don't worry, I locked Al Gore up in my basement and threw away the key...the internet and the code are safe for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cybuff-fan
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey guys just to show ya'll i made this video on how to vote the quickest!
we can still do this. i've got a large voting party for this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2008, 08:24 PM

Excellent! Attention Bisonville voters,
If you look closely at Rick's pompador you can just barely make out the secret voting code. It's just above his right ear and only appears when he grabs his ball bag to hit the high notes. Also, those kick ass stripes on his shirt function as a bar code. I'm on my way to the grocery store to get it scanned. I'm sure it will reveal an even more important super top secret voting code!

ndsubison1
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
basically we need everybody to vote a thousand times between now and the deadline. everybody needs to step it up and vote. They have numerous people that are voting for hours and hours straight... LETS GET ON IT...

NDSUFan_Sav
12-12-2008, 09:51 PM

you must have him in your dreams when you sleep

HerdBot
12-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Alright good work Bisonville...need to do a lot of work this last week to fight off Cy..

Voting starts at 11 eastern/10 central

Good Luck Thundar....lets bring it home bisonville!!! Finish off this thing!

I think we just need to vote more because we've only cast like 35,000 votes when we did over 70,000 last week. That is a big part of the reason we're losing.

Thundering Herd
12-13-2008, 03:02 AM
I can't believe that with all of the texting, emailing, facebook that the 'kids' do these days that the students can't get the word out there to vote and vote multiple times!!! Students,... start emails to everyone you know on campus with instructions to send it on to everyone that they know and so on... If we got 2000 students to vote 5 times each.... WTF? We should be able to catch up real fast! Everyone else, don't try to get fancy, just vote. I vote like 250-300 times an hour on days they disable cookies. Vote, vote, vote!
www.capitalonebowl.com (http://www.capitalonebowl.com)

McBison
12-13-2008, 03:16 AM
I can't believe that with all of the texting, emailing, facebook that the 'kids' do these days that the students can't get the word out there to vote and vote multiple times!!! Students,... start emails to everyone you know on campus with instructions to send it on to everyone that they know and so on... If we got 2000 students to vote 5 times each.... WTF? We should be able to catch up real fast! Everyone else, don't try to get fancy, just vote. I vote like 250-300 times an hour on days they disable cookies. Vote, vote, vote!
www.capitalonebowl.com (http://www.capitalonebowl.com)

How do we know the standings?:confused:

Thundering Herd
12-13-2008, 04:24 AM
How do we know the standings?:confused:
read posts #39 and #40. Tell everyone you know to vote!

sambini
12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Lets Go Thundar+++++++++++

heckler
12-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Cy should get disqualified for misrepesentation. They aren't the redbirds or cardinals... he should just be a big funnel.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-13-2008, 09:54 PM
did we really give up this easy???

sambini
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
We never give up Bison fans. VOTE THUNDAR+++

aces1180
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Cy should get disqualified for misrepesentation. They aren't the redbirds or cardinals... he should just be a big funnel.

Or a vacuum cleaner because they suck! ;)

I kid, I kid! (Sort of!)

Bison101
12-14-2008, 05:48 PM
How do you guys know if we are winning or losing?

Hammersmith
12-14-2008, 05:54 PM
How do you guys know if we are winning or losing?

1. Go to the CapitalOneBowl website.
2. Click on the 'Mascots' link in the top bar.
3. Select Thundar & Cy(preferably in two separate windows/tabs)
4. Subtract 404,856 from Thundar's vote total and 404,915 from Cy's.
5. Subtract Thundar's number from Cy's to get the difference.

sambini
12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
lets go Thundar+++

NDSUFREAK
12-15-2008, 01:43 AM
we are getting our ASSES handed to us. down at least 12,000....theres no way

Bisonfan1
12-15-2008, 02:34 AM
we are getting our ASSES handed to us. down at least 12,000....theres no way

WONDERFUL, well ill just keep voting until I cant take it no more !!! its not over until THUNDAR says it's over !!!!!!!!!!!

www.capitalonebowl.com

sambini
12-15-2008, 02:37 AM
Just keep on voting++++

ndsubison1
12-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Iowa State's gotta be good at something dont ya think... ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Iowa State's gotta be good at something dont ya think... ;)

guess that means they're good at having no life and doing something sports teams can't do and that is win!!!

Bisonfan1
12-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Sill voting before work here b/w 0730-0830 hrs.

www.capitalonebowl.com

ornryactor
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
guess that means they're good at having no life and doing something sports teams can't do and that is win!!!
Really? If I recall correctly, our wrestling team went up to Fargo just last week and put a 42-0 crushing on your boys. The only reason you weren't the main focus of the wrestling world that day is because we beat Dickinson State, a team ranked quite a bit higher than you, by a jaw-dropping 52-0. So yeah, good luck with that. Hopefully your kids get out of their wheelchairs soon.

The above trash-talking was directed only at NDSUFan_Sav, not anybody else. To the rest of you, good game. ISU and NDSU both put up quite a fight throughout this tournament; good work in getting to the finals. You did your school proud, I can tell you that. There are now a whole lot of people from big schools that know the colors, team name, and mascot of North Dakota State University, and increased recognition is ALWAYS a good thing!

Look forward to seeing you all in the fall. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

fargocyclone
12-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Really? If I recall correctly, our wrestling team went up to Fargo just last week and put a 42-0 crushing on your boys. The only reason you weren't the main focus of the wrestling world that day is because we beat Dickinson State, a team ranked quite a bit higher than you, by a jaw-dropping 52-0. So yeah, good luck with that. Hopefully your kids get out of their wheelchairs soon.

The above trash-talking was directed only at NDSUFan_Sav, not anybody else. To the rest of you, good game. ISU and NDSU both put up quite a fight throughout this tournament; good work in getting to the finals. You did your school proud, I can tell you that. There are now a whole lot of people from big schools that know the colors, team name, and mascot of North Dakota State University, and increased recognition is ALWAYS a good thing!

Look forward to seeing you all in the fall. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Haha! Made me giggle a little bit here. Using that logic, Iowa City West High is ranked higher than Iowa State too! The Clones better go challenge them for a dual. (If you didn't know, DSU is an NAIA school) All in all, I'm still completely happy with my 1-2 finish in these playoffs!

Go Cyclones!
Go Bison!

WYOBISONMAN
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, I guess we try and settle the score next fall in Ames. Sounds like a great road trip to me. Another Fly in to MSP and drive down with the in-laws.

lakesbison
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
oh corn boy.

dickinson state is ranked higher than NDSU wrestling?!?!

OK>.. CANNOT WAIT TO TAILGATE AND TAKE OVER AMES.. like Cedar Falls....

fargocyclone
12-15-2008, 04:54 PM
oh corn boy.

dickinson state is ranked higher than NDSU wrestling?!?!

This will be quite a bit more difficult to do...

Although, with a new head coach and season ticket holders dropping like flies... it might actually happen.

BraxtonT
12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
This will be quite a bit more difficult to do...

Although, with a new head coach and season ticket holders dropping like flies... it might actually happen.

Thursday night game= No chance of this happening.

fargocyclone
12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Thursday night game= No chance of this happening.

To be honest, there's no chance given any day of the week.

ornryactor
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Wow, good luck with that. If there's one thing we really know how to do down here in Ames, it's tailgate. We're quite well-known in the Big 12 for our outstanding tailgating atmosphere. You won't be "taking over Ames", but you and your friends will be warmly welcomed (as long as you behave yourselves!) by the Cyclone faithful; our tailgaters are great people. If you want an outside opinion, go hit up SDSU- they came down this past season and tailgated with us, too. They might be able to give you some pointers or something.

Haha! Made me giggle a little bit here. Using that logic, Iowa City West High is ranked higher than Iowa State too! The Clones better go challenge them for a dual. (If you didn't know, DSU is an NAIA school) All in all, I'm still completely happy with my 1-2 finish in these playoffs!

Go Cyclones!
Go Bison!
Well, I have egg on my face, I guess. Nope, didn't know that DSU was a NAIA school- I'm used to so many small schools that I've never heard of still fielding D-I basketball and wrestling teams; I assumed otherwise.

I have to say, you really caught me off-guard with your mention of Iowa City West... Iowa City is my hometown; born and raised there. Fortunately, I went to City High, so I didn't have to attend that breeding ground of momma's boys with superiority complexes! When I was there, we had a better wrestling team than they did, but I've gotta give it to them in recent years- they are crazy dominant. Anyway, I forget how knowledgeable most wrestling fans are. It still seems incredible to me that someone from Fargo, North Dakota would not only know OF West High, but would also know what they are RANKED. Wrestling really is a different world than everything else.

RunDMc34
12-15-2008, 10:35 PM
A saturday game would have lots more Bison fans though i can guarentee that. I know my whole crew isnt going because of this game being on a Thursday.

BisBison
12-15-2008, 10:51 PM
A saturday game would have lots more Bison fans though i can guarentee that. I know my whole crew isnt going because of this game being on a Thursday.

me and mine are staying home too due to the Thursday kickoff.:(

ornryactor
12-15-2008, 11:17 PM
There might be more Bison fans, but there would be a lot fewer Cyclones there. We don't have school on Monday due to Labor Day, so our first game is always on the Thursday night prior. It's a pretty fun tradition for us. It lets our students show up in force, and still allows enough time for most people to travel to Ames for the game. Fargo is a bit far, if you don't take Thursday and Friday off work, though. Too bad about that.

scottheck
12-15-2008, 11:48 PM
me and mine are staying home too due to the Thursday kickoff.:(

Too bad for you, it's a nice short drive from Rochester. THought I'd lump it in with a Fri round at The Harvestor.

duluthbison
12-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Sorry if this has been covered earlier but does anyone know roughly how thundar did in the finals?:hide:

Hammersmith
12-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry if this has been covered earlier but does anyone know roughly how thundar did in the finals?:hide:

Lost by 12,000-13,000. I think it was roughly 27,000 to 40,000, but the last time I checked it was Sunday night.

UTH
12-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Nope, he's right. In fact, the current difference is up to 3800. As of a few minutes ago, the tallies were this:

Thundar
Total Votes: 427,744
Reg. Season + Semifinals: 404,856
Final Round: 22,888

Cy
Total Votes: 431,654
Reg. Season + Semifinals: 404,915
Final Round: 26,739

Difference: 3,851

Everyone needs to vote hundreds of times before Monday morning if Thundar is going to pull this one out.

Just went to look at the web site for old time's sake.

Current totals:
Thundar 331,433
Cy 330,363

What gives?

lakesbison
12-31-2008, 01:36 AM
we win!~!!!

roadwarrior
12-31-2008, 01:43 AM
The recount is underway.....

imabison
12-31-2008, 02:00 AM

Current totals:
Thundar 331,433
Cy 330,363

What gives?
Probably reverted to the regular season tallies.

Thundar #1
Cy #2

sambini
12-31-2008, 02:11 AM
Thundar is number one ++++++

rutlandbison
12-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Did we WIN!?!?!?!?!?!

rutlandbison
12-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Also when is the Capitol One Bowl?

56BISON73
12-31-2008, 05:03 AM
Also when is the Capitol One Bowl?

Noon Jan 1st

Hammersmith
12-31-2008, 06:54 AM

Current totals:
Thundar 331,433
Cy 330,363

What gives?

Those are the regular season totals. I guess someone at CapitalOne finally figured out the loophole that was allowing us to see how we were doing in the finals and closed it. Something about shutting a barndoor...

I think we all know which mascot winners will be announced at halftime. At least one xDSU will win their category; too bad it won't be us.

SDbison
12-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Those are the regular season totals. I guess someone at CapitalOne finally figured out the loophole that was allowing us to see how we were doing in the finals and closed it. Something about shutting a barndoor...

I think we all know which mascot winners will be announced at halftime. At least one xDSU will win their category; too bad it won't be us.
Please tell me they are not going to announce the write in winner at the game too. I thought that was just to get a candidate for next years contest. Actually they should bring the two finalists (Cy and Thundar) on the field and then announce the winner. That would be much more appropriate.

TheDoctor
12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
Please tell me they are not going to announce the write in winner at the game too. I thought that was just to get a candidate for next years contest. Actually they should bring the two finalists (Cy and Thundar) on the field and then announce the winner. That would be much more appropriate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++;)

Hammersmith
12-31-2008, 09:16 PM
I know the write-in winner gets money donated to the school's scholarship fund($1000?), so I just assumed they'd mention it during the presentation. I'm sure they won't bring the actual mascot, though. I'd guess all the mascots involved in the regular contest would be part of the presentation(at least in video form), though that's just another assumption.

Blue
01-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Cy Wins it

AmberValley
01-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Crap. Cy won.

Hammersmith
01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
That was a pretty sad announcement. I guess when you decide to do all the filming before the contest begins, that's what you get.

Bisonfan1
01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Crap. Cy won.

Yea, and no mention whats so ever who was in the finals also. also showed a bunch of the mascots leading up to the announcement and no Thundar. what a bunch of BS - sore loser - yes.

mebisonII
01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Yea, and no mention whats so ever who was in the finals also. also showed a bunch of the mascots leading up to the announcement and no Thundar. what a bunch of BS - sore loser - yes.

I saw a very brief clip of Thundar dumping chili in a pot (at least I think I did). Pretty lame announcement though. They barely even mentioned what school Cy was from.

devin45k
01-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Well, most of America doesnt care about FCS teams. It sucks but it's true!

rabidrabbit
01-02-2009, 12:50 AM
That was a crappy announcement and celebration by Capital One of the Mascot Challenge. The announcement barely filled a one minute commercial, skimmed over the mascots and announced Cy the winner, not even mentioning what school Cy represented. No mention of the write in situation at all.

On behalf of the many Jacks fan, we thank you our Bison cohorts and rivals for the support that you threw to Jack Rabbit for leading to the WRITE IN WINNER. We know Jack Rabbit wouldn't have made it to #1 with out your support. THANK YOU BISON FANS!

IzzyFlexion
01-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Can anyone advise me as to how I can recover all of the time that I spent voting in the piss poor Capital One Mascot Challenge. I mean, just think about it.............
Try to estimate in your heads how many hours collectively that Bisonvillers voted and schemed and strategized!! And for what?? Even if Thundar had won the thing??
As some of you have mentioned, even the winning mascot/school got very little publicity and acknowlegment.
What a scam! Anyone want to put together a class action law suit with me? I wish I could quantify how many frickin' sales I lost because I was camped out in front of my laptop voting. I am ashamed of myself!
Maybe TransAmBison can come up with a counter scheme and get those knuckleheads at Capital One to waste hundreds of hours of their time!

56BISON73
01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Can anyone advise me as to how I can recover all of the time that I spent voting in the piss poor Capital One Mascot Challenge. I mean, just think about it.............
Try to estimate in your heads how many hours collectively that Bisonvillers voted and schemed and strategized!! And for what?? Even if Thundar had won the thing??
As some of you have mentioned, even the winning mascot/school got very little publicity and acknowlegment.
What a scam! Anyone want to put together a class action law suit with me? I wish I could quantify how many frickin' sales I lost because I was camped out in front of my laptop voting. I am ashamed of myself!
Maybe TransAmBison can come up with a counter scheme and get those knuckleheads at Capital One to waste hundreds of hours of their time!

So you want to sue them because you lost sales when you were voting MORE than once a day like you were supposed to and to which were the stated rules???:D :D :D :D
Hmmmmm
Case dismissed:D :D
PL

IzzyFlexion
01-02-2009, 09:02 PM
So you want to sue them because you lost sales when you were voting MORE than once a day like you were supposed to and to which were the stated rules???:D :D :D :D
Hmmmmm
Case dismissed:D :D
PL

Hey, I'm in Chicago. That's how we roll here. Vote early and vote often is the state motto for God's sake. :D

56BISON73
01-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey, I'm in Chicago. That's how we roll here. Vote early and vote often is the state motto for God's sake. :D

:D Good one.LOL PL