PDA

View Full Version : Oral Roberts - Monday

roadwarrior
12-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Get out to the BSA monday night at 7pm to watch the women attempt to start conference play with a 2-0 record.

lakesbison
12-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Ndsu 38-20 at.half..... star studded crowd tonite folks ... 42 students + band.

lakes, woody, lucas, JV+ pennick....with saul,and family chillin along with THE roae.warrior....

BisBison
12-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Anybody watching?? BTW the Bison lead 38-20 @ the half. We're getting every rebound. If there's a thousand people watching I'd be surprised. This team just doesn't have the support it should. They play pretty solid team ball.

GOB1SON
12-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm watching. Girls are shooting well. Probably need to get it inside more, but as long as the threes are falling, hard to fault them.

Still need to work on pressure perimeter defense. It is better than UNI.

Katie B is really, really, really good.

lakesbison
12-09-2008, 01:05 AM
48-23 15min left.... woods and lucas and josh left.....bandwagoner's!!!!!

katie-15
inger-12

total domination...

NWNDBison
12-09-2008, 01:11 AM
What a game by the Bison Women. They may equal or exceed SDSU's output. Jackrabbits were helped by a 12-1 run at the beginning of the game, but the second half was a dead heat.

Go Bison!

lakesbison
12-09-2008, 01:37 AM
73-52 2 min katiie 21 inger 20 dam good 1-2 punch

NWNDBison
12-09-2008, 01:47 AM
SDSU 76 ORU 52

NDSU 76 ORU 57

Ominously similar scores. Gotta feel sorry for ORU because they thought they should at least split this weekend and be within 3-5 points either way.

But in the Dakotas it's all about NDSU vs. SDSU.

Looks like we MIGHT be competitive. Radio announcers said it, "It might raise some eyebrows in Brookings."

Congrats, Bison!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-09-2008, 02:03 AM
nice win girls :)

imabison
12-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Get out to the BSA monday night at 7pm to watch the women attempt to start conference play with a 2-0 record.
What is up with only about 35 students at the game? I counted them.

Do they need a shuttle bus to get them from the dorms to the game?

NWNDBison
12-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Up next: Wyoming. Supposed to be a tough team to beat. May be at Wyoming, but consider:

Wyoming 100, UND 75 (Has nothing to do with anything, but I couldn't resist.)
NDSU 68, Idaho State 55
Wyoming 61, Idaho State 55

Another ominously similar score.

I think we MIGHT be competitive. 5 days will tell.

Go Bison!

ndsubison1
12-09-2008, 02:14 AM
great win ladies!

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-09-2008, 02:16 AM
SDSU 76 ORU 52

NDSU 76 ORU 57

Ominously similar scores. Gotta feel sorry for ORU because they thought they should at least split this weekend and be within 3-5 points either way.

Looks like we MIGHT be competitive. Radio announcers said it, "It might raise some eyebrows in Brookings."

Congrats, Bison!

Good win. Hard to believe ORU is picked 3rd in the conference and NDSU is 6th. Nice to know we're on your radio guy's mind already. Something to ponder, we are missing two starters right now. Starting PG Macie Michaleson and starting forward Maria Boever have missed the last couple games. This is by far the best Jackrabbit team to take the floor.

NWNDBison
12-09-2008, 02:16 AM
What is up with only about 35 students at the game? I counted them.

Do they need a shuttle bus to get them from the dorms to the game?

I'll bet they are studying for finals. First things first, you know.

imabison
12-09-2008, 02:19 AM
I will accept that reason..

BlueKeyAlum
12-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Excellent job Bison.

The last two games Inger has been a gang buster!!

Keep it going Bison!!

roadwarrior
12-09-2008, 02:37 AM
I would have to say that the Bison women are exceeding most people's expectations early in the season. They are getting comfortable playing together. Quickness is definitely one thing we have this year over last year's team. Abby and Inger are two big surprises compared to their play last season. Katie is the key to the whole show.

BisonVifte
12-09-2008, 02:52 AM
They play with alot more energy than they did the last couple years.

BisBison
12-09-2008, 03:04 AM

except that finals don't start until next week. This week is dead week, that means no tests.

SlickVic
12-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Excellent job Bison.

The last two games Inger has been a gang buster!!

Keep it going Bison!!

any coincedence that her level of play has increase while her posts on here of decreased? ;) ingers my fav of them all u go girl ++++++++

BisBison
12-09-2008, 03:09 AM
855 fans Saturday and 703 tonight? This team plays hard, they deserve way more support than this.:mad: :smh: :smh: :bleh:

iHEARTthundar
12-09-2008, 03:12 AM
except that finals don't start until next week. This week is dead week, that means no tests.

actually dead week means only 1 final between the two weeks... i had one of my finals already!

iHEARTthundar
12-09-2008, 03:15 AM
They play with alot more energy than they did the last couple years.

And they play as a team... the whole team shares the ball, we might have some players that stand out more than the others, but its nice to see that we are well rounded and theres not the consistant one person that always stands out. I have been pleasantly surprised with how well they are playing for such a young team!

JackJD
12-09-2008, 03:52 AM
SDSU 76 ORU 52

NDSU 76 ORU 57

Congrats, Bison!

Congrats to the Bison on a nice, quality win. As we all know, scores alone do not tell us a lot about a game but the margin of victory for both SDSU and NDSU suggests something and I hope that something is that NDSU is ready to play some really tough ball when you clash with the Jacks. I know the Jacks will be ready. It's important the overall quality of play in the Summit League go up a notch or two and the best way to have that happen is to have teams showing real improvement this season compared to the level of competition last year.

Summit League teams are going to dislike the northern road trip this year.

lakesbison
12-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Slick!!!! quit 'OUTING' da ladies that post on b.ville dam you!!! 1st katie l , now inger?? cripes kid, who's next?? RULEY=BLUE KEY ALUM???

sambini
12-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Nice win Bison+++

NDSUFan_Sav
12-09-2008, 07:26 AM

there are still tests and papers or group projects going on.

imabison
12-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I also noted last evening that Megan Shea is moving much more freely. Jogging around, saw her jump up and down on a few made shots.

Looks like she is making good progress.

Any update on her being back on the court? 3 or 4 weeks yet??

Over heard an old guy when Inger shot her first 3 say OH NO, then swish. After that every time she had the ball he would say SHOOT. It was great.

Go Bison!!!

BlueKeyAlum
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Slick!!!! quit 'OUTING' da ladies that post on b.ville dam you!!! 1st katie l , now inger?? cripes kid, who's next?? RULEY=BLUE KEY ALUM???

Not true not true....I'm Lynn Dorn!!

lakesbison
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
or Kelly... Amy's sidekick?

lcbison
12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
855 fans Saturday and 703 tonight? This team plays hard, they deserve way more support than this.:mad: :smh: :smh: :bleh:

Monday night is the best TV night of the week....2 1/2 men...MNF....The Hills

Each one of those shows beats a womens bball game in my book

SDbison
12-09-2008, 05:13 PM

Get tivo and experience life (or just miss a couple stupid TV programs). Too many people, mostly younger kids and students, are living life primarily thru their TV, computer and cell phone. Get your butt out and enjoy all the events a college town has to offer. So what if you have to walk or brave the cold. Some exercise and socializing are good for you. You can save sitting in front of the TV for when you are married, with a bunch of kids, have no money and are too old!

DORMIE
12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
First of all I believe the only person on staff that might read this would be Colleen, just to make sure that we are in compliance. As to Carolyn and her team, I think we saw a really sound coached team last night. They have only played a few games together (Sky and Nicole are just sterting to fit in) and seem to improve and are more solid with each performance. We might not be up to the Jack's level this year, but with a couple of recruiting classes it should be get interesting. We could have a real good short lineup with Katie, Inger Nicole, Abby and Ashley on the floor. There is really a lot of movement on the floor when Katie and Nicole are together. This also opens it up for Inger and Abby on the wings.

lcbison
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Get tivo and experience life (or just miss a couple stupid TV programs). Too many people, mostly younger kids and students, are living life primarily thru their TV, computer and cell phone. Get your butt out and enjoy all the events a college town has to offer. So what if you have to walk or brave the cold. Some exercise and socializing are good for you. You can save sitting in front of the TV for when you are married, with a bunch of kids, have no money and are too old!

Just got back from the Big 12 title game in KC, got enough socializing in tailgating there.

KC Power and Light District=Extreme Happiness :) :)

56BISON73
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM

Thats not saying much is it.:D
PL

BlueKeyAlum
12-10-2008, 12:31 AM
or Kelly... Amy's sidekick?

And your Bob Entzion, correct?

Elephants Dream?
12-10-2008, 06:36 AM
There were noticably less fans than Saturday.
I thought the ORU game would draw more than Centenary.
At tip-off, there were 18~21 people in the student
section, of which less than half were students.
Most Important is that the team is making excellent progress.
If you haven't seen them since the exhibition games,
you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much better
they are playing.