PDA

View Full Version : ESPN360.com App St, Montana, other games

CaBisonFan
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
As far as I can tell, you can watch some of the playoff games today on this website. Mo- st of you probably already knew this, but here it is for people like me, who haven't caught on yet. Also, look at the WM recorder info at the bottom.

UPDATE - UMD playoff game is also on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/index#

It appears to be free. I'm watching the App. State game right now without paying a fee.

They have a lot of archives too, in different sports. Maybe we'll see a Bison basketball game this winter, or football next fall...not sure.

I also have been using a video/audio capture software program that actually works. I've tried dozens. This one grabs the actual url and gives you a great playback...equal to the original. It stores the file in your computer for future use...not connected to any website. It's called WM Recorder 12. Downloadable recorder. Don't buy the bundle for 90 bucks unless you really want all of the bells and whistles. Buy the $49.99 recorder. They have a trial version that will grab something like 7 minutes at a time. The trial version will work forever without upgrading or paying, but it times out. If you spend the 50 bucks, it doesn't time out.

http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_recorder.php

Hint: Start up the wm recorder program 'before' starting the video. It automatically triggers the record option.

Finally...it says that you can schedule recordings, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

PS - You can record news clips, post-game interviews, etc...and archive them.

tjbison
12-06-2008, 06:14 PM
to watch these games you must have a IP that is affiliated with ESPN360.com sooooo if you live in Fargo and get you service thru that wonderful company called Cable One guess what!! yep YOU CAN'T WATCH:banghead:

CaBisonFan
12-06-2008, 06:16 PM
to watch these games you must have a IP that is affiliated with ESPN360.com sooooo if you live in Fargo and get you service thru that wonderful company called Cable One guess what!! yep YOU CAN'T WATCH:banghead:

Sorry 'bout that. I have Verizon here, and it's available. Didn't know it was blocked or unavailable to certain companies.

Could this be a 'teaser' for the future...with fees on the way?

Shawn-O
12-06-2008, 06:32 PM

Ditto with Comcast. :mad:

CaBisonFan
12-06-2008, 06:40 PM
whoops.............wrong thread.

tjbison
12-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Ditto with Comcast. :mad:

What a bunch of Horsepucky BTW anybody check out Armys uniforms, Camo helmets are actually pretty neat!