PDA

View Full Version : School up North transition info from Bismarck Tribune

imabison
12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2008/12/05/news/sports/local/171065.txt

Link

Some excerps..

Faison and Sean Johnson, UND's associate athletic director, came to Minot and Bismarck this week as part of an effort to get out of Grand Forks and into other communities around the state.

"It is something that we haven't done a good job in for a while," Faison said. "A part of that is our radio and TV coverage and to get to the newspapers - reaching out and making sure we take the show on the road. It is important that we sustain it. We want to get out as much as we can and in different ways."
=====
"Our projected amount is $18 million, going up from about $9 million now, over the next five years," Faison said.

The athletic department is focusing on two major areas: marketing and ticket sales to go along with increased donations.
=====
Faison also said UND hopes to raise about $22 million for an indoor practice facility.

aces1180
12-05-2008, 07:21 PM
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2008/12/05/news/sports/local/171065.txt

Link

Some excerps..

Faison and Sean Johnson, UND's associate athletic director, came to Minot and Bismarck this week as part of an effort to get out of Grand Forks and into other communities around the state.

"It is something that we haven't done a good job in for a while," Faison said. "A part of that is our radio and TV coverage and to get to the newspapers - reaching out and making sure we take the show on the road. It is important that we sustain it. We want to get out as much as we can and in different ways."
=====
"Our projected amount is $18 million, going up from about $9 million now, over the next five years," Faison said.

The athletic department is focusing on two major areas: marketing and ticket sales to go along with increased donations.
=====
Faison also said UND hopes to raise about $22 million for an indoor practice facility.

Well, they have ALOT of room to improve on the football ticket sales area, that's for sure.

BisoninNWMN
12-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, they have ALOT of room to improve on the football ticket sales area, that's for sure.

Start by increasing season tix sales.....$50.00 for the whole season:smh: :smh:

BlueBisonRock
12-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Keep in mind that pricing is based on what the market will bear. They may need to improve the product before they can increase the price.

Flanders
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM

Please keep in mind that UND offered the $50 season ticket to first time buyers only. Also, to the previous comment about a "a lot of room to improve on the football ticket sales area"...I haven't seen a final number yet but I believe they averaged more than 9,000 fans at each home game. That's a very respectable number and probably quite remarkable considering the home schedule they had.

imabison
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=BisoninNWMN;236173]

Please keep in mind that UND offered the $50 season ticket to first time buyers only. Also, to the previous comment about a "a lot of room to improve on the football ticket sales area"...I haven't seen a final number yet but I believe they averaged more than 9,000 fans at each home game. That's a very respectable number and probably quite remarkable considering the home schedule they had.
Now tell me Flanders, if you were a season ticket holder, and they only offered it to the NEW season ticket holders only would it not make you a bit upset?

I am very glad that NDSU did not have to do something like that. I feel HAVE TO is the key here.

Flanders
12-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I am a season ticket holder and it only slightly annoyed me. I understand that they have to grow their fan base and did so in year one by offering an introductory price. Hopefully from here the schedule and the product improve.

IzzyFlexion
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Flanders;236185]
Now tell me Flanders, if you were a season ticket holder, and they only offered it to the NEW season ticket holders only would it not make you a bit upset?

I am very glad that NDSU did not have to do something like that. I feel HAVE TO is the key here.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6890/flandersnhomer.jpg
Yeah, Flanders....tell us! :p