PDA

View Full Version : Top 10

fan
11-27-2008, 05:09 AM
As of 11/26/08 how would you rank the top 10 womens teams in North and South Dakota? Mine would be:

1)SDSU by a lot

2)NDSU barely ahead of
3)UND with
4)Augustana, Jamestown College, Mary, USD, Northern and Mary bunched up followed by
10)Minot
Honorable mention: Sioux Falls

I would say on a good night that 4 through 9 could beat 2 and 3

Thoughts

TheDoctor
11-29-2008, 12:56 AM
As of 11/26/08 how would you rank the top 10 womens teams in North and South Dakota? Mine would be:

1)SDSU by a lot

2)NDSU barely ahead of
3)UND with
4)Augustana, Jamestown College, Mary, USD, Northern and Mary bunched up followed by
10)Minot

Thoughts

I don't pretent to follow womens basketball, but I guess I just naturally assumed UND was better than us right now. ;)

MHDBisonfan
11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
SDSU is so far ahead of every other team it isn't even funny. Have you seen their schedule and record? They've already beaten Missouri, Wisconsin, Oregen, Utah, Illinois, and Montana, only loss was to a top ten ranked Maryland, which they lead for much of that game. Meanwhile the Bison have beaten Valley City and und has beaten eastern michigan and been schooled by wyoming, green bay, and riverside. I can give the Bison a pass this season with a new coach, new players, etc, but they have a long long road ahead of them if they want to catch up to the jacks

BlueKeyAlum
11-30-2008, 06:03 PM

1)SDSU by a lot

2)NDSU barely ahead of
3)UND with
10)Minot

Thoughts

I like UND's schedule (it's a lot like the Jacks was the first year) but I'm suprised at how much they have struggled with it, especially with blow out losses. They've a solid recruiting class coming in but they also lose their bread and butter to graduation.

ndsubison1
12-01-2008, 04:10 AM

1)SDSU by a lot

2)NDSU barely ahead of
3)UND with
10)Minot

Thoughts

i don't care enough about women's basketball to know about these teams, all i care about is one team and that's NDSU :)

Herd
12-02-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't pretent to follow womens basketball, but I guess I just naturally assumed UND was better than us right now. ;)

We'll never know with their schedule. But with their early season blowout losses to a couple of decent teams, I'd say we'd do fine against them.

BisBison
12-03-2008, 02:06 AM

Don't EVER assume that und is better than us in ANYTHING :mad: :ranting: :bleh: :pan: Bad B1SON Bad B1SON.

TheDoctor
12-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Don't EVER assume that und is better than us in ANYTHING :mad: :ranting: :bleh: :pan: Bad B1SON Bad B1SON.

:rofl: ok, ok, but you have to admitt that the last 10 years, every year, they have been better than us in women's basketball. I am not a pessimist, simply a realist. Trust me, it helps my credibilty when I am arguing more realist Bison points. ;)

BisBison
12-03-2008, 12:33 PM
:rofl: ok, ok, but you have to admitt that the last 10 years, every year, they have been better than us in women's basketball. I am not a pessimist, simply a realist. Trust me, it helps my credibilty when I am arguing more realist Bison points. ;)

I'll admit that may have been the case in the immediate past, and maybe even this year. But you heard it here "that crap stops after this year". With our crop of freshmen next year, the road to great things starts real quick.

TheDoctor
12-03-2008, 02:13 PM
I'll admit that may have been the case in the immediate past, and maybe even this year. But you heard it here "that crap stops after this year". With our crop of freshmen next year, the road to great things starts real quick.

Sounds good. When it happens, I will say BisBison called it first! ;)

DORMIE
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
What I hear, without Kimbrough, UND is nothing special. The lose her after this year and I guess their next years class is pretty good also. I don't believe it's as good as ours, however. The only measuring stick this year is Wyoming. We play them Dec 13. Sioux Women lost to them recently 100-75. Bottom line is: Roebuck sits on the bench and pouts when he's losing and his players are afraid of him. Carolyn never raises her vioce, is continually teaching her players and truly cares about them. SIOUX SUCK

medman
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
The freshman class will be good next year and it looks like the future could be bright but I have heard from a few people that Plucker and Trecker are not happy and are thinking of quitting. I didnt believe it at first but when i heard it from more than one source, I started to wonder if it is true.

roadwarrior
12-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Plucker is a starter and is leading the team in minutes played and points scored. What would she be unhappy about?

DORMIE
12-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Medmen, why even write garbage like that on this board. I thought it was supposed to be a positive board. You must be proud that you have a scoop. Posts like that make my ass tired.

medman
12-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I dont know if it is true, I was just stating something that i had heard. This is an open discussion so anything can be said. I didnt think it was a crime. Just because she starts and is leading in scoring doesnt mean she is happy. Maybe it is just the time commitment is too much or maybe she wants to have a life, who knows. I have never even met her but I had heard it from a few people so i was just wondering.

Elephants Dream?
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
WHY does everything have to be "positive"????????
As soon as someone writes that not Everything Bison
is perfect, that person gets jumped on.
Get those Damn Green & Gold goggles Off!
Deal with some reality.

d3boys
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
it doesnt all have to be positive
but the negativity in this town sucks

TheDoctor
12-06-2008, 06:25 AM
WHY does everything have to be "positive"????????
As soon as someone writes that not Everything Bison
is perfect, that person gets jumped on.
Get those Damn Green & Gold goggles Off!
Deal with some reality.

Relax! He was saying she is unhappy and wants to quit. Dormie and Road said the truth. She knows reality and reality is, she couldn't be happier considering what she knew she was getting into. ;)

sambini
12-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Relax! He was saying she is unhappy and wants to quit. Dormie and Road said the truth. She knows reality and reality is, she couldn't be happier considering what she knew she was getting into. ;)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BlueKeyAlum
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
What I hear, without Kimbrough, UND is nothing special. The lose her after this year and I guess their next years class is pretty good also. I don't believe it's as good as ours, however. The only measuring stick this year is Wyoming. We play them Dec 13. Sioux Women lost to them recently 100-75. Bottom line is: Roebuck sits on the bench and pouts when he's losing and his players are afraid of him. Carolyn never raises her vioce, is continually teaching her players and truly cares about them. SIOUX SUCK

Sioux lost today to Toledo, 68-60. UND hit one three pointer and had 27 turnovers. Their backcourt isn't very special. And they lose their best two players after this year (Guinn and Kimbrough). I think Smart will be a very good player for their backcourt.