PDA

View Full Version : Newest Items in Bison Game Day Memorabilia

TheDoctor
11-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I haven't had a chance to get together with my favorite photographer (BG had a baby recently as you all know), nor my website designer. So, I took some pics of some of the more significant additions that I thought you guys might find interesting. Enjoy your turkey and as always, if you have any unique Bisons item and would like to add it to the shrine, please let me know. Mike Peschel took one look at my room and said, I want you to have my Red Hawks championship rings, they are just sitting in a drawer at home. I think I displayed them very nicely. Hope he does too. Anyway, here we go:

1. Mike Peschel's (one of the best pitchers in NDSU baseball history) 2003 and 2006 FM Red Hawks Championship Rings
2. 1990 National Championship Ring along with a 1990 Pocket Schedule showing Phil making a huge tackle.
3. 2003 Lamar Gordon Game-Used Rams jersey, showing tons of wear.
4. Andre Smith's Game-Used Home Jersey, also used for the magnet schedule photo shoot see in the lower left hand corner
5. 2008 Game-Used Kole Zimmerman Red Hawks baseball bat. Notice it is signed by him and the barrel says FM Red Hawks on it.

TheDoctor
11-26-2008, 07:08 PM
I almost forgot! Dormie is retiring in a couple months, congratulation to him! Anyway, he had a beautiful 1994 Women's National Champions poster autographed by the whole team, hanging above his desk at the office. He knew when he was packing his office, the next place this treasure should go. Take a look! Thanks Dormie! Your the man!

aces1180
11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I like the items...Nice work!

Just curious as to where you got the 1990 championship ring and who's it is/was?

HandoEX
11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow, awesome stuff! I'm really jealous, especially of that '90 Champs ring!

roadwarrior
11-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Don't forget my 100 years of Bison Football poster! (It's waiting for you)

TheDoctor
11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Don't forget my 100 years of Bison Football poster! (It's waiting for you)

I won't! I will try and stop over sometime next week that works for you. I have just the place for it! See you in the Cities on Sat! Thanks! ;)

Bisonfan1
11-27-2008, 02:49 AM

Just curious as to where you got the 1990 championship ring and who's it is/was?

Process of elimination - It Is NOT Bisonhp330 's ring - you would have to cut his finger off to get it.

TheDoctor
11-27-2008, 03:33 AM

The ring originally belonged to #76 Frank Tekautz (younger brother wrestled for NDSU and then Moorhead State) who was a freshman on the team. There came a time in Frank's life where he needed some money, so he sold it to his friend on the team's dad, Vern Likus (can't remeber the players name right now but obviously his last name is Likus). Anyway, he offered it back to Frank and Frank's exwife, but they didn't want it. It was collecting dust at his house, so after the article in Bison Illustrated, he called me and we worked out a deal. My pic does not do it justice. It is beautiful, with diamond chips throughout the #1. ;)

aces1180
11-27-2008, 03:49 PM
The ring originally belonged to #76 Frank Tekautz (younger brother wrestled for NDSU and then Moorhead State) who was a freshman on the team. There came a time in Frank's life where he needed some money, so he sold it to his friend on the team's dad, Vern Likus (can't remeber the players name right now but obviously his last name is Likus). Anyway, he offered it back to Frank and Frank's exwife, but they didn't want it. It was collecting dust at his house, so after the article in Bison Illustrated, he called me and we worked out a deal. My pic does not do it justice. It is beautiful, with diamond chips throughout the #1. ;)

That's cool! Glad someone who would display it properly has it now. I might have to write an update for Bison Illustrated now!

TheDoctor
11-27-2008, 03:53 PM
That's cool! Glad someone who would display it properly has it now. I might have to write an update for Bison Illustrated now!

Not a problem. You wrote a great one the first time, why not another? ;)

aces1180
11-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Not a problem. You wrote a great one the first time, why not another? ;)

I just need the go ahead from 99Bison...He CAN make it happen, haha.

TheDoctor
11-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I just need the go ahead from 99Bison...He CAN make it happen, haha.

Rumor has it, he has a LOT of pull around there! ;)

TheDoctor
12-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Just thought I'd let anyone interested know that you can get an autographed 8x10 of Joe in his Eagles uniform delivered to your house for only $10. I ordered one last week. I am in no way associated with the seller, but I know that is for sure Joe's signature. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOE-MAYS-SIGNED-8X10-AUTO-PHILADELPHIA-EAGLES-ROOKIE_W0QQitemZ400013730480QQihZ027QQcategoryZ272 78QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TheDoctor
12-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Someone bid on it, glad to see it! Joe is a stud! +++++++++++++ ;)

TheDoctor
01-15-2009, 02:47 AM
Newest additions to the shrine.....Road donated a BEAUTIFULLY framed and matted "100 years of Bison Football" poster and Jared Peck saw my website and contacted me saying he'd love to add a 2004 game-used Falcons jersey to the mix. Thanks Jared! I tell people this is not really "my" collection. This is a celebration of Bison sports and how the best players have gone on to play professionally.

Check them out! ;)

TheDoctor
04-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Just added a 100 Years Belt Buckle. I didn't even realize these existed. They are numbered out of 400 I guess. Has anyone else ever seen one? I have a 100 years framed poster, a couple buttons, a pennant, a mug and now a belt buckle. If anyone had told me 2 weeks ago I'd own a belt buckle in my lifetime I never would have believed them :rofl:. Anyone else maybe own one??? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200328764700

SDbison
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Just added a 100 Years Belt Buckle. I didn't even realize these existed. They are numbered out of 400 I guess. Has anyone else ever seen one? I have a 100 years framed poster, a couple buttons, a pennant, a mug and now a belt buckle. If anyone had told me 2 weeks ago I'd own a belt buckle in my lifetime I never would have believed them :rofl:. Anyone else maybe own one??? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200328764700
B1SON, you are going to have to start charging admission to walk through your Bison shrine. Wow, it just keeps getting better......great job!

bisonmike2
04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
B1son - you should go for some more obscure memorabilia. Like the breathalyzer used to bust Jose Moehler or the the citation issue to Shamen- bonus if it's signed by him. Unfortunately it seems to be a rapidly expanding section of Bison artifacts.

Mr. Burgundy
04-15-2009, 05:57 PM
B1SON, I am enlarging the mug shot of Shamen and will "beautifully mat and frame" it for you. It should be a centerpiece of Bison football.

SDbison
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
B1SON, I am enlarging the mug shot of Shamen and will "beautifully mat and frame" it for you. It should be a centerpiece of Bison football.
Yeah, you could add a "Hall of Shame" section!

EagleBison
04-16-2009, 03:57 PM

Nice item, I have #23, but it's not for sale. Ordered it right away when they went on sale.

I'll be at the Marriott for the show on the 25th. If you have some time stop by.

TheDoctor
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice item, I have #23, but it's not for sale. Ordered it right away when they went on sale.

I'll be at the Marriott for the show on the 25th. If you have some time stop by.

Will do. How much were they originally??? Do you remember???? ;)

EagleBison
04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Will do. How much were they originally??? Do you remember???? ;)

Sorry, I can't remember :hide: