PDA

View Full Version : Vikings: PICK UP MATT CASSEL

NDSUdonny
11-26-2008, 03:55 AM
The Vikings need to improve their quarterback situation this off-season and Matt Cassel certainly looks like he will be starting somewhere... I think its a no-brainer they should go after him, he's young and he's playing well and he has learned from the best!!

gotts
11-26-2008, 04:05 AM
The Vikings need to improve their quarterback situation this off-season and Matt Cassel certainly looks like he will be starting somewhere... I think its a no-brainer they should go after him, he's young and he's playing well and he has learned from the best!!

Is Cassel really that much of an upgrade over a John David Booty? Berrian isn't exactly the same caliber as Moss and it's not like the Vikes have a Wes Welker to throw to...

NDSUdonny
11-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Is Cassel really that much of an upgrade over a John David Booty? Berrian isn't exactly the same caliber as Moss and it's not like the Vikes have a Wes Welker to throw to...

We don't know what kind of player John David Booty will be, Cassel has been getting better and better as the year has went on... Yes, he has better recievers, but he is a better QB than anyone we have now.

Couldn't hurt for the Vikes to get a good reciever or two either, I haven't been that impressed with Berrian either... Think how good Adrian would be if we could get that 8th guy out of the box and people actually respected our passing game..

HandoEX
11-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Come on! Is it that hard to put up points when you're quarterbacking the same team that set the all time points scored record just last year? Gus Frerotte or any joe-blow QB could put up numbers for the Patriots.

I could see McNabb coming over before any other QB.

EagleBison
11-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Randy Moss made Duante look like a great QB. :p

Then you have Green Bay, where Brett Favre made a lot of recievers look good.

bisonmike2
11-26-2008, 03:14 PM
The Vikes could pick up Matt Cassel and still be a 8-8 team. You could put Peyton Manning/Brady/Brees is doesn't matter who, and they'll still be an 8-8 team or worse as long as Chili-dog is coaching them. The guy is a sh!tty coach. Therefore I hope the Vikes keep him forever.

NDSUdonny
11-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Chilli is a bad coach, and I can call him Chilli because we have a good vibe... I hope he is done after this year, but if we back into the playoffs at 9-7, then we might keep him around, so it would almost be better for us not to make the playoffs so we can get rid of that idiot... I wish he and Troy Williamson would have got in that fight at midfield, that would have been fun to watch..

lcbison
11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Matt Cassel= Scott Mitchell, so obviously the Lions will pick him up..

Vikes should go with Donovan Mcnabb, proven veteran QB, who is stuck on a mediocore Philly team with no running game, right now....Westbrook is a great 3rd down back, Not exactly an Adrian Peterson.

If the Vikes stick with the status quo at QB, things look pretty bleak in MN. Also, since the economy sucks...its going to be even tougher to get a new stadium built.

Ladies and Gentleman, YOUR 2010

Los Angeles Vikings

NDSUdonny
11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Matt Cassel has thrown for over 400 the last two weeks, something I don't think Tom Brady ever did, so that has to say he has a chance to be a pretty good QB in this league.. I'm not saying he's Tom Brady, but this guy might be pretty good. McNabb may have seen his best days already, but he would also be much better than what we have now.

17>1
11-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Who needs a great QB when you've got "All Day" ? Frerotte is 6-3 as a starter. Not to bad in this league if you ask me. If the Vikes win Sunday night they got a division lead which could turn into a division crown and a playoff spot so I'm happy right now. I do think McNabb wearing purple would look pretty sweet though.

1bizon1
11-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Who needs a great QB when you've got "All Day" ? Frerotte is 6-3 as a starter. Not to bad in this league if you ask me. If the Vikes win Sunday night they got a division lead which could turn into a division crown and a playoff spot so I'm happy right now. I do think McNabb wearing purple would look pretty sweet though.

Look at Gussies stats, they are no better than jaxsons.....I too hope you keep your coach. No one from the central deserves to be in the playoffs this year.

d3boys
11-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I Say We Need A Booty Call

sambini
11-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Will Booty get the call if Gus goes down?

17>1
12-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Look at Gussies stats, they are no better than jaxsons.....I too hope you keep your coach. No one from the central deserves to be in the playoffs this year.

Who cares about stats ? Isn't the ultimate goal winning ? Plus, pocket presence, leadership, knowing when to take a sack and not trying to do to much, alot of things that 'ol Gussie does much better than T-Jack in my opinion. Vikes looked really sharp last night. Hope we don't have a let down this next week, GO VIKES!!!