PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Hager

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 03:10 AM
Heard lots of old schoolers this past weekend longing for Rocky.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 03:17 AM

I've always been a huge fan of Rocky's. He had a 'classy' habit of blaming himself when things went wrong...publicly. Bob Entzion's scapegoat.

Rocky bled green & gold (yellow).

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 03:21 AM
Well, the guys I was drinking with are some big donors, and they want him back

MN_BISON
11-24-2008, 03:35 AM

So are you saying dump Bohl for Rocky? Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say no thank you on that one. Rocky was great when he was here, but that time is long gone. Do these guys want to bring back the veer too?

roadwarrior
11-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Oh yeah, lets bring back Rocky's great discipline too.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 03:37 AM

Rocky's teams...win or lose...always had a true 'swagger' to them...and a touch of professionalism. Rocky walked the walk.

I'm not anti-Bohl...just to be clear.

The powers will do what they will do. Rocky would still be coaching here if he were given the option. The last two decades would have been better over-all.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Hey, say what you will, but when a guy donates $50k or more, sometimes they get what they want.

Jdubs21
11-24-2008, 04:00 AM
wow are we really hacing this conversation??? im kinda appalled in some of you guys, i dont think we can blame this season on bohl their were plenty of injuries and horrible calls that put games out of reach this season, nick mertens horrible performances underpressure are not his fault, u may say its lack of preparation, i say thats bs...go sit and watch the practices and ask the players and see if they train half ass and are poorly prepared, this season was a woulda, coulda, shoulda type of season but we had alot of adversity to overcome mainly with injuries, i say we did damn well considering our circumstances

sambini
11-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Hey, say what you will, but when a guy donates $50k or more, sometimes they get what they want.
Thats not going to happen.

gotts
11-24-2008, 04:30 AM

Since when are we Notre Dame?

HerdBot
11-24-2008, 04:32 AM

50K is a lot of cash but Teammakers brings in millions of dollars.

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 04:33 AM

They arent going to get rid of Bohl for 50k
Plus that would send a very bad message to any other coach that the AD dept isnt in charge. Which happens to be a problem in some of the larger schools.
Whats funny is after just 1 full season in the FCS idiots are talking about a new coach. Unbelievable. PL

Bison_Backer
11-24-2008, 04:36 AM
I played for Rocky

that being said,........ I thikn ND$SU
has to become unique like geo tech is in the ACC. he brings back the split veer we start winning other then that he runs that horse shit offense he does at NE then no dice. their are better coaches out there that can run West coast, spread, spread option what ever. look at Geo tech in the ACC everyone runs an NFL offense then they play the option. Ask Miami! Don Morton save us.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Since when are we Notre Dame?

I know 2 people personally that donate that every year. How do you think this ball rolls every year with private jets, nice jerseys, fancy coaches, and whatever else?????????????????????? AND 1 of them wants Rocky.

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 04:40 AM
I know 2 people personally that donate that every year. How do you think this ball rolls every year with private jets, nice jerseys, fancy coaches, and whatever else?????????????????????? AND 1 of them wants Rocky.

Too bad. Aint going to happen. PL

Bison_Backer
Bohl is a great coach enough said.

gotts

so the count is at 1?

does 1 person that donates $50,000 outweigh 500 that donate $100?

HerdBot
11-24-2008, 04:41 AM
They arent going to get rid of Bohl for 50k
Plus that would send a very bad message to any other coach that the AD dept isnt in charge. Which happens to be a problem in some of the larger schools.
Whats funny is after just 1 full season in the FCS idiots are talking about a new coach. Unbelievable. PL

Yeah it may not have been his best season but it certainly wasn't a complete failure. They want him fired? That's crazy.

In all fairness, he did underachieve this year. Actually, I admire coach Stieg from SDSU. They sure do more with less.

How would SDSU do with a giant stadium, a giant budget, huge fan and media support, tv exposure, well paid assistant coaches, and a large financial backing?

So maybe coach Bohl does need to work a little harder.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 04:45 AM
so the count is at 1?

does 1 person that donates $50,000 outweigh 500 that donate $100?

YES, actually the guy I know has way more pull than hundreds. He could write a check for $1 million tomorrow, but only if he is happy. Best friends with Hoeven, Dorgan, Chapman, do the masses that donate $100 matter, NO, NO, NO!

gotts
11-24-2008, 04:46 AM
YES, actually the guy I know has way more pull than hundreds. He could write a check for $1 million tomorrow, but only if he is happy. Best friends with Hoeven, Dorgan, Chapman, do the masses that donate $100 matter, NO, NO, NO!

If our program is seriously headed down this road... gah!

Keep tiptoeing around....

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Yeah it may not have been his best season but it certainly wasn't a complete failure. They want him fired? That's crazy.

In all fairness, he did underachieve this year. Actually, I admire coach Stieg from SDSU. They sure do more with less.

How would SDSU do with a giant stadium, a giant budget, huge fan and media support, tv exposure, well paid assistant coaches, and a large financial backing?

So maybe coach Bohl does need to work a little harder.

Last year a bunch were wondering if he was going to leave because he was the supposed "hot ticket" and everyone wanted him. Now some idiot wants Rocky back??? Can people get anymore delusional??? LOL
PL

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Just saying what I heard. When people donate that kind of money, and with his shitty season, who knows. Just saying. FYI, the Pharmacy progam brings in more than just pharmacy $$, people better support the current pharmacy law, some of these guys are HUGE Teammakers.

gotts
11-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Just saying what I heard. When people donate that kind of money, and with his shitty season, who knows. Just saying. FYI, the Pharmacy progam brings in more than just pharmacy $$, people better support the current pharmacy law, some of these guys are HUGE Teammakers.

What is this, blackmail?

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 04:55 AM
blackmail, NO, but when people gross $5 million per year and they maybe, maybe talk about Rocky and are personal friends with him, it MIGHT happen. That's all.

sambini
11-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Some of the largest Teamakers. Are Circle of Champions who give up to a full ride, 3/4 of a ride , and a 1/2 a ride. Which starts at 11k. I was at the Teammakers on Thursday. I do not know what they all do. But most of them are area business. I know of a few farmers some give two. Also Coach Bohl gives one also.

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2008, 04:59 AM

That sucks.

I would hope guys putting that kind of money into the program would be a little bit smarter on the decisions they want made with the program.

Not only does Bohl have almost an identical winning % at NDSU as Hager did, but he does against better competition, and he brought back the word defense into the program.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 04:59 AM
No one gives $50k like the guys I know, or more. when he is sitting with Hoeven at the U of M game in the box, YEAH, I'd say he is pretty imprortant. And guess what, he wants ROCKY.

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2008, 05:01 AM
blackmail, NO, but when people gross $5 million per year and they maybe, maybe talk about Rocky and are personal friends with him, it MIGHT happen. That's all.

I would hope NDSU wouldn't "sell out" like that.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 05:03 AM
People better want the current pharmacy ownership law, a few of these guys (my boss) donate HUGE dollars to the teammakers. You know where that new turf came from???

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2008, 05:07 AM
You should inform your boss to pump enough money in to drop back down to D2. Then we can hire Rocky, and relive the 1980's all over again.

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 05:07 AM
No one gives $50k like the guys I know, or more. when he is sitting with Hoeven at the U of M game in the box, YEAH, I'd say he is pretty imprortant. And guess what, he wants ROCKY.

Boy has more money than common sense. But there are a lot of people out there with money. Plus having money doesnt make you important. PL

HerdBot
11-24-2008, 05:10 AM
Boy has more money than common sense. But there are a lot of people out there with money. Plus having money doesnt make you important. PL

Sounds to me like the guys with money have their heads shoved up their ASSES if they want ROCKY back! Goes to show that you don't need brains in the country to become successful! :)

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Sounds to me like the guys with money have their heads shoved up their ASSES if they want ROCKY back! Goes to show that you don't need brains in the country to become successful! :)

There are some people who just have too much time on their hands and they sit around and think shit up. LOL:D
PL

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2008, 05:15 AM

Rocky Hager -

-Division 1AA record.....17-37. He didn't build anything at Northeastern, and he didn't improve the program at all during his time there.

-1991 was his first year at NDSU with entirely his recruits. From then on he didn't get past the NCAA quarters.

I was a Rocky fan for what he did bring to NDSU, but clearly Division 1 is over his head, and I say that respectfully. Not everyone can coach at the D1 level.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Thats not going to happen.

And it shouldn't.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 05:33 AM

I certainly hope that these people weren't being serious. I don't blame you for bringing this conversation to bisonville. It's fine.

As for me...I just am a fan of Rocky. I'm also a fan of Craig Bohl. I liked Don Morton, Ron Erhardt, and Earle Solomonson also. We've had a lot of great coaches. And the list of outstanding assistants is long.

We shouldn't try to go back in time. These 'money' guys won't get their way on this one.

Bohl is under scrutiny right now. It's normal.

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 05:44 AM
"""
"""Originally Posted by 4mcrue http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=232784#post232784)
Heard lots of old schoolers this past weekend longing for Rocky."""

Well we have it down to one now dont we. LOL PL

duluthbison
11-24-2008, 05:52 AM

Wow how many times do you have to say that he donates more than $50k?? I agree with the post above, just because you have money doesn't mean that your important OR smart. And just because he donates money doesn't mean that he runs the show. You know, I have a friend who works at the NDSU ITS Help Desk, at the beginning of the year he won 2 tickets to sit in the NDSU box with President Chapman and the VP for Information Technology....now does that make him important??? Not really, so just because a guy is sitting with the university president and other distinguished guests doesn't necessarily make him important.

I can't believe that after 1 season of average play, in one of the toughest conferences in the country, from a team who lost some of our best players in years, and who was trying to recover from injuries from that central Connecticut game are already calling for Bohls head!! This MIGHT make sense if there were 3-4 or more seasons in a row that ended up 6-5, but after 1 freaking season??? Sure there are things that he could have done better, but so could many on the team. How can you blame a coach for a student who decides to not play to their full potential? Its like the old saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

aces1180
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM

I don't want this school turning into a Ralph Engelstad clone. If they want to jump ship and cut funding, let them. We'll find the money somewhere else.

McBison
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
If they want to jump ship and cut funding, let them.

bullseye. . .

SUPERBUNNY
11-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey, just an outsider from SDSU looking in to check the misery factor in Bison Country on a Monday morning. It must be the sado massachist (spelling?) in me.

Wow, couldn't believe the talk on here about the desire to bring Rocky back. Coach Bohl has a pretty solid record for you and in my opinion the competition our schools play in the Valley is a giant step up from the NCC even in its heydey.

The poster a couple spots above hit it on the head. Do you want to have the "Ralph Factor" here at NDSU. No matter what happens, not everyone is going to be happy.

I've known Coach Bohl since his Huskers days and he's a pretty class act. If the players made a few more plays on Saturday this conversation doesn't happen.

SUPERBUNNY

tjbison
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM
You should inform your boss to pump enough money in to drop back down to D2. Then we can hire Rocky, and relive the 1980's all over again.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why is this thread on here!!!! wow this site has gone to shit! i'll still post here but wow when are we going to blame the Band for the crappy (but yet winning) season maybe the concession personel lost those games for us, get real ROCKY BACK?????? NO F*#&*&G WAY!!!!!

tjbison
11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey, just an outsider from SDSU looking in to check the misery factor in Bison Country on a Monday morning. It must be the sado massachist (spelling?) in me.

Wow, couldn't believe the talk on here about the desire to bring Rocky back. Coach Bohl has a pretty solid record for you and in my opinion the competition our schools play in the Valley is a giant step up from the NCC even in its heydey.

The poster a couple spots above hit it on the head. Do you want to have the "Ralph Factor" here at NDSU. No matter what happens, not everyone is going to be happy.

I've known Coach Bohl since his Huskers days and he's a pretty class act. If the players made a few more plays on Saturday this conversation doesn't happen.

SUPERBUNNY

PLUS FREAKING PLUS!!!!!!!+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++

Bison"FANatic"
11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
You want to watch a program go to sh*&^t. Let outside people be able to buy influence. Our AD and President and Coaching staff do a great job. Let them do it and if it means losing a few big donors so be it. If you want rocky back and he has that much money may I suggest he buy a fall home next to the Rocks current school. Look forward my friends not back.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM

People in Hell want Ice Water----they dont get it

tjbison
11-24-2008, 03:34 PM
People in Hell want Ice Water----they dont get it

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown:

bisonmike2
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM

I should give you my contact info. Let's hook up a meeting between myself and these big time donors. I would like them to pick me up in their private jet, take me to some fancy restaurant, maybe a night on the town, and I will personally explain to them why getting rid of Bohl would be a huge f-ing mistake. It might take a couple of these private meetings in extravagant places to fully explain my point, but all I'm asking for is a chance. :)

aces1180
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I should give you my contact info. Let's hook up a meeting between myself and these big time donors. I would like them to pick me up in their private jet, take me to some fancy restaurant, maybe a night on the town, and I will personally explain to them why getting rid of Bohl would be a huge f-ing mistake. It might take a couple of these private meetings in extravagant places to fully explain my point, but all I'm asking for is a chance. :)

That's pretty good Mike!

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 05:13 PM

Good one :D :D PL

Gully
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
This is ridculous, he is not going to get fired, period.

For all we know, the poster that's saying this is just stirring the pot. Even if he isn't, it doesn't matter because Bohl is an excellent coach and it's not going to happen.

Are this years results acceptable long term, absolutely not but after two consecutive 1 loss seasons, I'll give him a pass on this. We'll be back and sooner than most think. I predict there will be some JC signings as well as some true freshmen that play next year.

That is all, you can close this thread now.

Fightin' Bison
11-24-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't know how anybody can take this place seriously anymore. RH was run out of town on a rail - along with his "student athletes", who spent more time in the Cass County jail than on the field. Even if RH won, at what cost to the community? Get a grip.

DORMIE
11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Some of you people need a life. They're laughing their asses off on SS. The kicker, the QB, the coach??? It's just a damn game. Give Berry credit. He's a dude. Guys like he and Walker don't come along every day. Some on you dip shits think we invented the game. We just got spoiled at 2 years of 10-1. Welsome to the Missouri Valley Conference.

Hoofbeats
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
This message board has to have the largest bunch of band wagon jumpers/fair weather fans I've ever witnessed.

Last year Bohl was the toast of the town, now you want to run him out of town.

Do you hold yourself to the same high standards that anonymously you post here??

...THIS IS A DISGUSTING THREAD THAT ILLUSTRATES MANY PEOPLE'S VERY DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR!!

Bison"FANatic"
11-24-2008, 06:55 PM
This message board has to have the largest bunch of band wagon jumpers/fair weather fans I've ever witnessed.

Do you hold yourself to the same high standards that anonymously you post here??

...THIS IS A DISGUSTING THREAD THAT ILLUSTRATES MANY PEOPLE'S VERY DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR!!

Largest bunch of band wagon jumpers are you serious. Go read the posts in this discussion I think there are 2 maybe 3 people that would like Rocky back the rest understand the talent we have at the coaching position. We could win the national championship and there would be people in this town that would want Rocky back. Don't think 3 people speak for the majority.

As for what they are saying on SS, who cares they don't have anything better to do but worry about what is going on in Fargo. They are always going to be cuttin on what ever is going on in a Bison program. Kind of a sad life don't you all think.

tjbison
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Some of you people need a life. They're laughing their asses off on SS. The kicker, the QB, the coach??? It's just a damn game. Give Berry credit. He's a dude. Guys like he and Walker don't come along every day. Some on you dip shits think we invented the game. We just got spoiled at 2 years of 10-1. Welsome to the Missouri Valley Conference.

this matters why?

The only thing they should be laughing at is their 1 win over Idaho and their 4 FCS losses, and their pathetic BB team, their not so hot Hockey team etc............

most responses here have been AGAINST the point of the thread!

CarringtonBison
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
against.....

1bizon1
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
This thread needs to be moved to the "Hall of Shame" mods......

gotts
11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
This thread needs to be moved to the "Hall of Shame" mods......

seconded...

CarringtonBison
11-24-2008, 08:18 PM
seconded...

for...................

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-24-2008, 08:26 PM

What????? Why would we want Rocky back? He slowly drove the program into the ground. All of his success came early, from other coaches recruits. (Does that sound vaguely familar?) You guys can hate Babich all you want, but he clearly turned the program around. How well is Rocky doing right now?

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 08:30 PM

If you took a vote here...bringing Rocky back would 'maybe' get one or two votes.

The thread was started innocently enough. It concerned a conversation between some heavy-hitter backers. That's all.

Many here have been critical of some of the coaching decisions made this year...but most of us are Bohl supporters. A lot of the bisonville members have been here through thick and thin. I've been a Bison fan since the Mudra/Erhardt era. I've never given up on them. Most people here would be like me. That's why we write on bisonville. I'm critical of the staff right now...but I still support them, and don't want them to leave.

We're more than just a little down right now.

TransAmBison
11-24-2008, 10:18 PM
What????? Why would we want Rocky back? He slowly drove the program into the ground. All of his success came early, from other coaches recruits. (Does that sound vaguely familar?) You guys can hate Babich all you want, but he clearly turned the program around. How well is Rocky doing right now?
Step away from the meds...

90BISON
11-24-2008, 10:19 PM
As much as I liked Rocky, there is no way in hell I would take him over Bohl. All you have to ask yourself is how many times in the last 5 years have off the field incidents completely taken the spotlight off the team. Almost never! I'll take that and a couple losses any day of the week, over going 11-0 and having half the team on parole or awaiting trial.:mad:

RHM
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Why don't you tell your "buddy" to write that check so we get get some major improvements done around the BSA. Otherwise let's use it to build the MBB facility. It would be a hell of a lot more productive than sitting around wishing to have Rocky back.

Bisonfan1
11-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Problem solved, remember way back when, they rotated Chris Simdorn and Brian Owens at QB, so why not Hire Rocky and we can have rotating coaches ??? Ok, Ive lost it !!

56BISON73
11-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Problem solved, remember way back when, they rotated Chris Simdorn and Brian Owens at QB, so why not Hire Rocky and we can have rotating coaches ??? Ok, Ive lost it !!

Are you still tailgating?????:D
PL

Bisonfan1
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Are you still tailgating?????:D
PL

Im here in the west lot, where is everybody :confused: :bong:

90BISON
11-25-2008, 05:19 PM

You're too early, the game isn't till Saturday.;)

gotts
11-25-2008, 06:01 PM

Still in my alcohol-induced coma until next season...

SDbison
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Still in my alcohol-induced coma until next season...
The reality is NDSU's football program has sunk to a level equal to or below SDSU. Somehow I find it difficult to believe SDSU has raised their football program up to the level typical of NDSU. Many of the Jack fans actually believe they are out recruiting NDSU now that they beat the Bison 2 years in a row. Somebody please wake me up from this nightmare!

56BISON73
11-25-2008, 06:20 PM
The reality is NDSU's football program has sunk to a level equal to or below SDSU. Somehow I find it difficult to believe SDSU has raised their football program up to the level typical of NDSU. Many of the Jack fans actually believe they are out recruiting NDSU now that they beat the Bison 2 years in a row. Somebody please wake me up from this nightmare!

I dont think they are out recruiting us. I do think we are getting out coached. Teams figured us out and exploited our weaknesses big time. While it seemed we were more concerned about sticking to our MO instead of exploiting their weaknesses. PL

bisonmike2
11-25-2008, 06:25 PM

I think we've tied on the recruiting front, and have gotten outcoached for the last 2 years. We have obvious advantages with facilities and resources but they are finding a way to get it done. It shouldn't be close but it is and now with SDSU's recent success against us and their commitment to improve their own facilities it's going to get worse if our coaches don't pull their head out of their asses correct this thing.

SDbison
11-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I dont think they are out recruiting us. I do think we are getting out coached. Teams figured us out and exploited our weaknesses big time. While it seemed we were more concerned about sticking to our MO instead of exploiting their weaknesses. PL
Good point PL. Rep to you!

SDbison
11-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Im here in the west lot, where is everybody :confused: :bong: Bisonfan1, do you need me to crew cab it up to Fargo and join you drowning your sorrows?

SDbison
11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I think we've tied on the recruiting front, and have gotten outcoached for the last 2 years. We have obvious advantages with facilities and resources but they are finding a way to get it done. It shouldn't be close but it is and now with SDSU's recent success against us and their commitment to improve their own facilities it's going to get worse if our coaches don't pull their head out of their asses correct this thing.
I agree 100%

Bisonfan1
11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Bisonfan1, do you need me to crew cab it up to Fargo and join you drowning your sorrows?

Why not, all is :welcome: getting lonely out here.

56BISON73
11-26-2008, 12:20 AM

I believe Bohl eluded to this in his interview. :D
PL

56BISON73
11-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Why not, all is :welcome: getting lonely out here.

Thats funny as when I first asked if you were still tailgating I had this visual of you sitting on a cooler with the grill going drink in hand and nobody in the parking lot. LOL PL

steelbison
11-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Rocky's teams...win or lose...always had a true 'swagger' to them...and a touch of professionalism. Rocky walked the walk.

I'm not anti-Bohl...just to be clear.

The powers will do what they will do. Rocky would still be coaching here if he were given the option. The last two decades would have been better over-all.

Are you kidding me??? Professionism and Rocky are the LAST two words to go together. I went to school at the same time Rocky was here and he was an arragant prick..as were several players that played for him. Don't get me wrong..not all the players..but they had several players get in trouble and nothing was done to them. Did you forget what happend with the Scott kid?? Rocky was telling the Campus cop to keep his mouth shut and he would have his job...Real professional..

Bohl is one of the classiest individuals I have ever met...Rocky?? Please..:smh:

steelbison
11-26-2008, 01:25 AM

Really PL, were you saying this crap the last two years when we were 20-2?? Out coached??? Wow...doesn't take long in going from the penthouse to the outhouse. The coaches hands were tied this year with the poor QB play we suffered through all year long..couple that with below avg o-line play and no middle Lb to speak of and it was a long year.

When we go 8-3 next year and beat the jacks I will look forward to eating your words..:nod:

steelbison
11-26-2008, 01:34 AM

Bingo!!! PL couldn't agree with you more. :nod:

steelbison
11-26-2008, 01:37 AM

Since, when??? Do you actually think the AD at NDSU gives a sh*& what this guys opinion is as to who he hires to coach at SU???

If this guy is so important and he likes Rocky so much and has so much influence then why was Rocky ever let go in the first place???

And then to throw the pharmacy law into this...Please...

BeckerBison
11-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Look at Rocky's Record at Northeastern

2004 5-6
2005 2-9
2006 5-6
2007 3-8
2008 2-9

Overall 17-38

I love Rocky and always will. He was wonderfull coach for NDSU at the time in D-II. But the time has past....

4mcruenomore
11-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah, sorry guys, this thread does suck. I did make it b/c I was/am ticked off at our sucky season. I did hear the rumors about rocky, they are true. I have been gone down in Denver so I haven't been able to post. What sucks even more, is we are at a bar in Denver, me & my wife in Full On Bison Gear, a guy in full on Chadron State gear comes up to talk, asks me why we aren't in the playoffs??? Also talked to some CU guys that asked me why our program went south, it was a good couple of days in the Mile High City.
I just told them we will back next year! The CU guys hate U of Montana, so we had a good couple of laughs and drank many beers, it was good.

CaBisonFan
11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah, sorry guys, this thread does suck. I did make it b/c I was/am ticked off at our sucky season. I did hear the rumors about rocky, they are true. I have been gone down in Denver so I haven't been able to post. What sucks even more, is we are at a bar in Denver, me & my wife in Full On Bison Gear, a guy in full on Chadron State gear comes up to talk, asks me why we aren't in the playoffs??? Also talked to some CU guys that asked me why our program went south, it was a good couple of days in the Mile High City.
I just told them we will back next year! The CU guys hate U of Montana, so we had a good couple of laughs and drank many beers, it was good.

There was nothing wrong with you posting this 4mcrue. You heard some talk. No one should take it as more than that. I never thought that you were promoting the return of Rocky. I found it interesting. No problem.

You're a good contributor to bisonville. Some people over-reacted, and the thread took on a life of its own.

We've all reacted to the 2008 season in our own way. Tensions are high. Attitudes are down. After the preseason #1 rankings and predictions to win the conference, it was a tough deal for a lot of people. Very understandable.

4mcruenomore
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Thank you my friend.