PDA

View Full Version : A thought ...

Dutcher
11-23-2008, 10:31 PM
If I was in high school and was being recruited to play football at NDSU - possessing good values like many people in the upper mid-west - and wanted a place for a good quality education - then, happened to read this forum where many of the student athletes are absolutely butchered, well, I be filled with second thoughts about coming to Fargo.

gotts
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
If I was in high school and was being recruited to play football at NDSU - possessing good values like many people in the upper mid-west - and wanted a place for a good quality education - then, happened to read this forum where many of the student athletes are absolutely butchered, well, I be filled with second thoughts about coming to Fargo.

One of these doesn't exist for every program that plays at a high level?

Why would they be concerned with what a bunch of randoms have to say on an internet message board?

If you're concerned with playing in fear, why play at all?

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 10:41 PM

Do you think it will different at another school???? I dont think so. PL

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Here another thought.
I think the coaches need to go back to wearing the green shirts for home games. The yellow did nothing for us this year and I think they look like----.

Yep we go 10-1 two years in a row and then the yellow freaks have to come along and ruin it. LOLPL

Bisonfan1
11-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Here another thought.
I think the coaches need to go back to wearing the green shirts for home games. The yellow did nothing for us this year and I think they look like----. PL

I mentioned this also awhile back, look cheap and looks like ----.

imabison
11-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Here another thought.
I think the coaches need to go back to wearing the green shirts for home games. The yellow did nothing for us this year and I think they look like----. PL
Clothing is provided by Scheels, for the coaches for the games I believe.

IzzyFlexion
11-23-2008, 10:50 PM

Who provides the officials??
Refs 'R' Us??

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 10:52 PM

There was a push to wear yellow so Iam sure it was requested. GO GREEN!!!!!
PL

BeckerBison
11-23-2008, 10:54 PM

It is only losers like us that sit on these websites and go over every little thing in mostly negative detail when the team is not playing well. I would really dought anything written on a site like this would have any affect on an athlete. It is worse for larger programs in larger metro areas.

gotts
11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
It is only losers like us that sit on these websites and go over every little thing in mostly negative detail when the team is not playing well. I would really dought anything written on a site like this would have any affect on an athlete. It is worse for larger programs in larger metro areas.

To steal from another poster (don't remember who), QFA!

MAKBison
11-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Here another thought.
I think the coaches need to go back to wearing the green shirts for home games. The yellow did nothing for us this year and I think they look like----.

Yep we go 10-1 two years in a row and then the yellow freaks have to come along and ruin it. LOLPL

How many times do I have tell you....the color of shirts has nothing to do with we play:bow:

BeckerBison
11-23-2008, 11:02 PM
To steal from another poster (don't remember who), QFA!

Oh yeah. There it is. Maybe the yellow shirt talk messed with the direction of the thread.

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 11:03 PM
How many times do I have tell you....the color of shirts has nothing to do with we play:bow:

Youre finally catching on. LOL:D
But I will tell you one thing. If something is working I dont change it. So in that vein----its the coaches yellow shirts that screwed everything up this year. Way to go yellow freaks its YOUR FAULT. :D GO GREEN!!! PL

gotts
11-23-2008, 11:05 PM
But I will tell you one thing. If something is working I dont change it. So in that vein----its the coaches yellow shirts that screwed everything up this year. Way to go yellow freaks its YOUR FAULT. :D GO GREEN!!! PL

Blame the students? I wouldn't mind getting a few green shirts to go with the 17 yellow ones I've accumulated in the past 4 years....

aces1180
11-23-2008, 11:05 PM

It's also because we didn't wear black shoes every game. ;)

IzzyFlexion
11-23-2008, 11:07 PM

And your number would be...??..??

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Blame the students? I wouldn't mind getting a few green shirts to go with the 17 yellow ones I've accumulated in the past 4 years....

Where in my post did I mention the students???? My god the yellow freaks have effected the reading comrehension of our fellow Bisonvillers.:D
PL

gotts
11-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Where in my post did I mention the students???? My god the yellow freaks have effected the reading comrehension of our fellow Bisonvillers.:D
PL

You didn't. I was suggesting it as a student myself.

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 11:19 PM
How many times do I have tell you....the color of shirts has nothing to do with HOW we play:bow:

Fixed it for you.
But you are correct but changing the coaches shirts had everything to do with karma and BAAAD JU JU.:D
PL

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
You didn't. I was suggesting it as a student myself.

But you should have more of a balanced wardrobe. I suggest GO GREEN!!!
PL

gotts
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM
But you should have more of a balanced wardrobe. I suggest GO GREEN!!!
PL

It's about 6:1 now, yellow to green. I should strive for diversity.

td577
11-23-2008, 11:25 PM

I don't think NDSU should want you. Part of the process of being a man (or woman) would be to accept what goes with getting a scholarship, meals and room, books, and infinite amount of support to get a degree while playing a kid's game. The exchange for a young man or woman to go to college, for free, is an expectation the performance will mirror the generosity. When this expectation isn't being met, then the criticism becomes part of the maturation process. With that being said, criticism of a university student/athlete has a direct correlation with the amount of money being spent on that sport. If you can show me a case where a non-scholarship student/athlete has been subjected to unwarranted criticism, then I will certainly admit my statements have no merit. For example, if you are a recruit offered a full ride, there should be a reasonable expectation your athletic career will be constantly evaluated on many different levels. If you can't handle that, then find a place where you can grow up before you enter the spotlight. I do have a suggestion. Join the military, become an adult, and use the GI Bill to pay for your education. By dropping the athlete part out of the equation, the opportunity to fulfill the requirements of a degree are exponentially simplified. Otherwise, embrace the opportunity to take advantage of a great education, a great team experience, and an invaluable start on your real life after the lights have faded.

BeckerBison
11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
It's about 6:1 now, yellow to green. I should strive for diversity.

Maybe we could go back to the slogan that the great sports marketing department (at the time) came up with.

I think it was something like....

Scream Yellow!!!

Maybe that would get us more wins!

Bisonfan1
11-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe we could go back to the slogan that the great sports marketing department (at the time) came up with.

I think it was something like....

Scream Yellow!!!

Maybe that would get us more wins!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scheelsguy
11-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Here another thought.

We do provide the clothing. We don't pick it out. I can let you rest peacefully in knowing that next year we're back to green. GO BISON!!!

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 03:57 AM
We do provide the clothing. We don't pick it out. I can let you rest peacefully in knowing that next year we're back to green. GO BISON!!!

Good karma returns Yes Go Green!!!!!
PL

sambini
11-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks Scheels guy. We did pick up a tailgate tent at the Moorhead store. Might have to get another one for next year.