PDA

View Full Version : U Guys Still Gonna Make The Playoffs This Year?

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Just checking......

duluthbison
11-23-2008, 05:25 PM
How are you guys doing with both of your wide receivers...you know because they were arrested for drug posession....just checkin :rofl:

CaBisonFan
11-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Just checking......

No...you're not just checking. You're just another troll with an attitude...and no life.

You don't represent UNI. You might think that you do...but you're just a troll.

I haven't been to the puma board. I don't plan to go there. And I sure as hell wouldn't post something like you just did. The only reason that I would put a post up on the UNI board would be to congratulate them for winning their first national title...ev-er...including decades of DII play. But I wouldn't put it that way.

I'd simply say...'Congratulations to UNI.'

BigDeal
11-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Holy Cow! That's a lot of red tic tacs!

tjbison
11-23-2008, 05:53 PM
yep, trying to set a Bisonville record, and he currently holds it and its counting!!

HoopsBison
11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Just checking......

classy UNI fan

ndsubison1
11-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Just checking......

just trolling......

EagleBison
11-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Just checking......

Never seen a guy with so many red boxes. :blush: :D

BlueBisonRock
11-24-2008, 01:02 AM

He can have more with your help. :D

Gotta Earn It
11-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Somebody needs to answer Mr Spud. Hopefully you guys see your error in judgement thinking you had a chance to make the playoffs a day ago!? I was hoping to come on here and read all of the excuses on why you didn't get in or why somebody else got it and you didn't. How disappointed and I am? Not very. Did you see UNI got a #3 seed?

EagleBison
11-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Somebody needs to answer Mr Spud. Hopefully you guys see your error in judgement thinking you had a chance to make the playoffs a day ago!? I was hoping to come on here and read all of the excuses on why you didn't get in or why somebody else got it and you didn't. How disappointed and I am? Not very. Did you see UNI got a #3 seed?

How many years did it take UNI to win a National Championship once they went to I-AA/FCS? Hopefully the Bison can do it in less time. ;)

Gotta Earn It
11-24-2008, 01:17 AM
How many years did it take UNI to win a National Championship once they went to I-AA/FCS? Hopefully the Bison can do it in less time. ;)

I know I am stating the obvious but you need to get in to the dance before you can put the moves on.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 01:20 AM
I know I am stating the obvious but you need to get in to the dance before you can put the moves on.

Brilliant

We didn't know that. How many championships does UNI have in their entire history?

EagleBison
11-24-2008, 01:22 AM

Waiting for UNI to put the moves on for 30 years and counting. :D

duluthbison
11-24-2008, 01:34 AM

Gee I guess we should be ashamed at ourselves for being a bunch of optimists, thinking that we had a chance at playoffs, what kind of FANS are we??:blush:

EagleBison
11-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Gee I guess we should be ashamed at ourselves for being a bunch of optimists, thinking that we had a chance at playoffs, what kind of FANS are we??:blush:

GWFC and Big Sky fans have been a lot friendlier than UNI has been. :(

Gotta Earn It
11-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Brilliant

We didn't know that. How many championships does UNI have in their entire history?

We are more into the 2008 Playoffs than the past. You guys bringing that up!!??? But I guess if all you have is the past....

duluthbison
11-24-2008, 01:47 AM
GWFC and Big Sky fans have been a lot friendlier than UNI has been. :(

Ya tell me about it!!! Lots Friendlier!! Even still, the MVFC hasn't been that bad. The fans from SDSU for example (from what I heard) were very nice.

I don't know why UNI fans have big egos...usually that comes with winning many championships and from what I have been reading here, its been something like 30 years and counting??

duluthbison
11-24-2008, 01:49 AM
We are more into the 2008 Playoffs than the past. You guys bringing that up!!??? But I guess if all you have is the past....

Come back after you actually WIN a championship..then we'll listen

bisonhp330
11-24-2008, 01:53 AM
OK- i stand corrected- the sioux arent the only losers that come on here being idiots---add UNI to that too. Some bleed green and gold and others just leak a little green envy- like I always say- there are only two people in the world- Bison Fans and those who want to be.

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 01:54 AM

What would you know about the big dance??? You've only been there once and didn't win it. Well the TEAM has been there.
But truly you don't know squat about the dance because you're just a loud mouth fan and didn't play.
Just an obnoxious mouth piece. So please can the act that you know what the big time or going to the dance is all about.
Losers like yourself who equate the teams success with their own identity are pathetic.
PL

sambini
11-24-2008, 01:57 AM
What would you know about the big dance??? You've only been there once and didn't win it. Well the TEAM has been there.
But truly you don't know squat about the dance because you're just a loud mouth fan and didn't play.
Just an obnoxious mouth piece. So please can the act that you know what the big time or going to the dance is all about.
Losers like yourself who equate the teams success with their own identity are pathetic. Well said PL+++++++++++++
PL
Well said PL++++++++++++++++++

bisonhp330
11-24-2008, 02:51 AM
Well said PL++++++++++++++++++

Losers like yourself who equate the teams success with their own identity are pathetic.
PL

YES
take a little advice from your own name 'gotta earn it' oh- by the way, you want to polish my ring?

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 02:52 AM

Why isn't there one national championship banner hanging on the wall of your stadium...in either DII or the FCS? :rofl:

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 02:54 AM

We've already won as many championships in the FCS as UNI has. :nod:

CaBisonFan
11-24-2008, 02:56 AM

We'll be following the playoffs...but don't look for anyone to come over to the puma board to let the UNI fans know about it. :smh:

HerdBot
11-24-2008, 03:09 AM

actually we needed 4 teams to lose for us to have a shot. instead we had 7 games go our way and had we taken care of business we probably would have made it.

problem is sdsu has a coach with some balls and they went for 2 and won.

so what's your point? we were right and were in a position to get in.

not sure why you guys are acting like 9 year olds.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2008, 03:18 AM
I was a grooms man in a wedding 2 years ago in Marshall MN for a very good friend of mine. Well, it was the weekend the Bison were playing Ball State. We were all drunk, tons of SU grads at the wedding, He's from north of Grand Forks, so a few UND grads there also. Well, this drunk chick UND fan comes up to me and says GO SIOUX! I laughed, and asked, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF JEFF BETRIM???? I said 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, she just stood there. My bud from Hettinger said, "OH MY, YOU HAD BETTER SHUT THE F*CK UP UND FAN" This goes out to you UNI fan, where were you those 4 F*CKIN' YEARS????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

scheelsguy
11-24-2008, 03:26 AM
I've found that many UNI fans are great example's sportsmanship, and many others are just bitter lost souls jealous that the Hawkeye's get all the glory. To those first mentioned, I'm already looking forward to tailgating with you next year. To the bitter one's, please stay home, I'm sure you could watch the "big" Iowa team play on tv.......

BisoninNWMN
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I was a grooms man in a wedding 2 years ago in Marshall MN for a very good friend of mine. Well, it was the weekend the Bison were playing Ball State. We were all drunk, tons of SU grads at the wedding, He's from north of Grand Forks, so a few UND grads there also. Well, this drunk chick UND fan comes up to me and says GO SIOUX! I laughed, and asked, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF JEFF BETRIM???? I said 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, she just stood there. My bud from Hettinger said, "OH MY, YOU HAD BETTER SHUT THE F*CK UP UND FAN" This goes out to you UNI fan, where were you those 4 F*CKIN' YEARS????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Who's your bud????

Hettinger is my hometown!!

tjbison
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM

I guess if you don't have a past UNi must look to the future!!!!!!!

i've handed out serious rep in this thread!!!!!!:p

tjbison
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
YES
take a little advice from your own name 'gotta earn it' oh- by the way, you want to polish my ring?

Got ya another tic tac for that one!!!!!!!:nod:

Gotta Earn It
11-24-2008, 03:58 PM
YES

DII ring = class ring

tjbison
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
DII ring = class ring

8 times baby!!!!

and i'm so sure if UNi had won at least 1 DII ring we would have heard nothing about it right???

bisonmike2
11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
DII ring = class ring

And how many did you guys win when you were in Divsion 2? If you equate that to a class ring wouldn't that mean UNI is a dropout? Don't talk smack to us about our accomplishements when you have done absolutely nothing at every level you've played at.

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
DII ring = class ring

Well we know UNI never even got a class ring did they.
Losers always put down what they never achieved.
The L thats tattooed on your forehead is there for a reason. LOL PL

UTH
11-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Anybody notice that 'gotta earn it' has a new tic tac???:blush:

ndsubison1
11-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Just checking......

get a national championship banner in your rafters then we can talk

BisoninNWMN
11-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Well we know UNI never even got a class ring did they.
Losers always put down what they never achieved.
The L thats tattooed on your forehead is there for a reason. LOL PL

LOL....LOL..... Classic, PL!!!:nod: :nod: :nod:

tjbison
11-25-2008, 12:31 AM
get a national championship banner in your rafters then we can talk

actually get 8 then we'll talk!

VanClubPres
11-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Why isn't there one national championship banner hanging on the wall of your stadium...in either DII or the FCS? :rofl:

even if they did have one, banners dont look good on barn walls.

pantherhawkrolling
11-25-2008, 01:29 AM

Indeed, they should come up with a category worse than "So and so is infamous around these parts."

pantherhawkrolling
11-25-2008, 01:37 AM
And how many did you guys win when you were in Divsion 2? If you equate that to a class ring wouldn't that mean UNI is a dropout? Don't talk smack to us about our accomplishements when you have done absolutely nothing at every level you've played at.

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. UNI played in a title game a few years ago. If you think that is nothing, try to envision what the App State team that barely beat us would have done to every one of those eight D II title teams. Also, UNI once won the Gateway six straight times and is many other times besides. Won lots of playoff games. Produced NFL players like Dedric Ward, Kurt Warner, and Bryce Paup (and many others). This does not count as 'absolutely nothing.'

I grant you, NDSU far outperformed UNI in Division II, but making that comparison is sort of like coming to college as a player and bragging about what you did in high school. Nobody cares except for your family and friends.

ndsubison1
11-25-2008, 01:46 AM
actually get 8 then we'll talk!

haha, exactly

56BISON73
11-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Sorry, have to disagree with you there. UNI played in a title game a few years ago. If you think that is nothing, try to envision what the App State team that barely beat us would have done to every one of those eight D II title teams. Also, UNI once won the Gateway six straight times and is many other times besides. Won lots of playoff games. Produced NFL players like Dedric Ward, Kurt Warner, and Bryce Paup (and many others). This does not count as 'absolutely nothing.'

I grant you, NDSU far outperformed UNI in Division II, but making that comparison is sort of like coming to college as a player and bragging about what you did in high school. Nobody cares except for your family and friends.

I disagree. Especially when a UNI malcontenet is putting down the Bison for there storied past as it was nothing. Since the Bison out performed UNI while in D2 it is the only valid comparison that can be made untill the Bison play quite a few more years at this level.
PL
Now cosidering that UNI was out performed big time by NDSU it is easy for you to say that and take that stand. But me thinks if you would of had any form of success at the d2 level Iam sure it would have been brought to the fore front in the discussion.
And yes it does mean something. Just as your current playoff appearences mean something to the players. Nobody here is saying that they dont mean shit just because you didnt win it all. PL

EagleBison
11-25-2008, 01:53 AM

NDSU won 3 National Championships prior to DII, beating teams like Grambling & Montana in the bowl games for those Championships. That's when Grambling was good, not the current era. Ever hear of Darrell Mudra, UNI got him after he gave NDSU some of his best years.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2008, 02:25 AM

I'll bet that UNI fans & players cared then. DII used to carry some weight. You guys couldn't handle the weight.

Coming close isn't quite like winning the whole thing. I'm aware of App. State's accomplishments, because they won the title. But like most people, I don't have any memory of UNI being in that game. It's kind of like...'who ran for vice president in 1960...on the losing ticket?'

I'll be cheering for our two representatives from the conference in the playoffs...in spite of you...and one other troll.

Fortunately for UNI, you don't represent the fan base.

bisonmike2
11-25-2008, 03:16 AM

Please if your going to rip us for winning DII national titles, I'm going to rip you for claiming your best game is a LOSS in ONE national title game. "Hey, remember us? We're UNI the second place team in 2005! Yeah, we were ALMOST the best, that ONE year!"

BigBison
11-25-2008, 03:43 AM
OMG, WOW and this is only first year. I cant wait for the game next year!!! UNI bring a few fans, and see how DI football is done, hell bring your band, RIVALRY ON!!!

56BISON73
11-25-2008, 03:47 AM
OMG, WOW and this is only first year. I cant wait for the game next year!!! UNI bring a few fans, and see how DI football is done, hell bring your band, RIVALRY ON!!!

We had a pretty good rivalry with them when they were in the NCC. PL

VanClubPres
11-25-2008, 03:52 AM

they will bring a few. They will bring 300. Because we can sell out a good home game like that. NDSU goes there, and we have nearly half of the crowd. Should be a great game.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2008, 11:31 AM

Gotta earn it's gotta earn it. He promised to be gone on Sunday night and to never come back. Wonder what his next username will be. Says he's been to all/or most of the UNI games for 18 years, or something like that. He 'does' remind me of sue. Maybe he and pantherdummy were at that wedding.

pantherhawkrolling
12-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Please if your going to rip us for winning DII national titles, I'm going to rip you for claiming your best game is a LOSS in ONE national title game. "Hey, remember us? We're UNI the second place team in 2005! Yeah, we were ALMOST the best, that ONE year!"

Don't be absurd, I was not ripping you for winning DII titles. I was merely pointing out that National Runner Up in FCS represents a higher level of football than DII Champion. That's all. And, since you are in FCS now, you should not rip that until you equal it. That is the new standard, like it or not.

pantherhawkrolling
12-02-2008, 02:33 AM
I disagree. Especially when a UNI malcontenet is putting down the Bison for there storied past as it was nothing. Since the Bison out performed UNI while in D2 it is the only valid comparison that can be made untill the Bison play quite a few more years at this level.
PL
Now cosidering that UNI was out performed big time by NDSU it is easy for you to say that and take that stand. But me thinks if you would of had any form of success at the d2 level Iam sure it would have been brought to the fore front in the discussion.
And yes it does mean something. Just as your current playoff appearences mean something to the players. Nobody here is saying that they dont mean shit just because you didnt win it all. PL

Hey, I appreciate that, about UNI's past performances meaning something even if it did not result in a title. I don't think NDSU's past is nothing, I never said that. It's just that this is a different level.

pantherhawkrolling
12-02-2008, 02:41 AM
I'll bet that UNI fans & players cared then. DII used to carry some weight. You guys couldn't handle the weight.

Coming close isn't quite like winning the whole thing. I'm aware of App. State's accomplishments, because they won the title. But like most people, I don't have any memory of UNI being in that game. It's kind of like...'who ran for vice president in 1960...on the losing ticket?'

I'll be cheering for our two representatives from the conference in the playoffs...in spite of you...and one other troll.

Fortunately for UNI, you don't represent the fan base.

Dude, stop calling me a troll. I have been posting here for like a year. At least you recognize now that I am separate 'troll':)

I won't respond to your other post on this thread because I can't figure out what the h*ll you are talking about. As for this one, what do you mean 'couldn't handle the weight'?? What in the world are you talking about? Couldn't cut it, so wimped out and went where the competition was stronger, is that what you mean?

And most people are not aware that App State won a title that year. Most people have no clue about FCS football. That's my whole point: it's relative. But I would take National Runner Up in FCS to DII champs anyday. Or DIII, or high school, for that matter. You can disagree. I am just voicing my opinion.

But thanks for cheering UNI in the playoffs. I would cheer NDSU, and will cheer NDSU in the future, in the playoffs, make no mistake about it.

CaBisonFan
12-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Dude, stop calling me a troll. I have been posting here for like a year. At least you recognize now that I am separate 'troll':)

I won't respond to your other post on this thread because I can't figure out what the h*ll you are talking about. As for this one, what do you mean 'couldn't handle the weight'?? What in the world are you talking about? Couldn't cut it, so wimped out and went where the competition was stronger, is that what you mean?

And most people are not aware that App State won a title that year. Most people have no clue about FCS football. That's my whole point: it's relative. But I would take National Runner Up in FCS to DII champs anyday. Or DIII, or high school, for that matter. You can disagree. I am just voicing my opinion.

But thanks for cheering UNI in the playoffs. I would cheer NDSU, and will cheer NDSU in the future, in the playoffs, make no mistake about it.

I 'do' realize that you're confused. I was totally aware of App. State's title three years ago...but I had no idea that UNI took...ah...'second.'

You've never won a national title...at any level.

Not a troll? Right

"Are you lonesome, tonight....are you lonesome, tonight.........."

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6852/elvisglassesfc9.gif

Bisonguy
12-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Bison fans- keep in mind that there are at least two 'pantherhawks.....' posting in this and some other threads. One has been a member here for over a year, the other has more negative rep points than, well, anyone I believe.

BlueBisonRock
12-02-2008, 03:09 AM
Bison fans- keep in mind that there are at least two 'pantherhawks.....' posting in this and some other threads. One has been a member here for over a year, the other has more negative rep points than, well, anyone I believe.

Yep! And I just + rep'ed Rolling for his verbal spanking of Spud Boy.

Spud has so much well deserved red on his rep line that it makes the Dow Financial results look good.

CaBisonFan
12-02-2008, 03:32 AM

Good point about the difference in the two...but quotes like this won't put pantherhawkrolling on my non-troll list.

Still...it's a good reminder. I'll make sure which one I'm responding to...if ever. I just don't understand the need to be on another team's board consistently. I visited SDSU's board to congratulate them on the game. That's it.

IzzyFlexion
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM

OK, but just for the fun of playing junior detective.....how do you know it's not the classic "good cop, bad cop" routine? 2 accounts: one is the reasonable little angel on our right shoulder (we'll call him rolling) and the evil little twin (alter-ego) on our left shoulder (a.k.a. spud). Oh, and just for the record, I'm the most paranoid person on the planet!

CaBisonFan
12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
OK, but just for the fun of playing junior detective.....how do you know it's not the classic "good cop, bad cop" routine? 2 accounts: one is the reasonable little angel on our right shoulder (we'll call him rolling) and the evil little twin (alter-ego) on our left shoulder (a.k.a. spud). Oh, and just for the record, I'm the most paranoid person on the planet!

They do seem to arrive during the same shift pretty often. Rolling Spud

stevdock
12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
How about you stop responding to him/them?? All they are looking for is to get a rise out of you. Ignore them and they will go away.

pantherhawkrolling
12-02-2008, 02:34 PM

Granted, it's a terribly unoriginal moniker, but I have used it for other boards and I don't want to change it on account of spud. What you are describing is not that paranoid, but we went over this about a year ago. I don't think spud is capable of anything that orchestrated, at least not in a convincing manner. But thanks for calling me reasonable. And as for CaBison, I appreciate that you would have no interest in other teams' boards. But appreciate that this is not like a big part of my life, I see it as larger awareness of my conference. If you guys were not MVFC, I would not post here. So there is a connection. And at least I can present another point of view and occasionally inform: for example you did not know that UNI had played in a title game. Now you know. Granted, pretty useless knowledge, but it's something.

IzzyFlexion
12-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Granted, it's a terribly unoriginal moniker, but I have used it for other boards and I don't want to change it on account of spud. What you are describing is not that paranoid, but we went over this about a year ago. I don't think spud is capable of anything that orchestrated, at least not in a convincing manner. But thanks for calling me reasonable. And as for CaBison, I appreciate that you would have no interest in other teams' boards. But appreciate that this is not like a big part of my life, I see it as larger awareness of my conference. If you guys were not MVFC, I would not post here. So there is a connection. And at least I can present another point of view and occasionally inform: for example you did not know that UNI had played in a title game. Now you know. Granted, pretty useless knowledge, but it's something.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/nevergiveup_photo/BarneyFife.jpg

OK mister.....now we're getting somewhere! Now.....about that Hippy Stick fella. Can you verify your whereabouts during some of those dope induced posts!!!!