PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame---its getting ugly

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 05:15 PM
The Irish players were pelted by snowballs on the sideline for much of the first quarter by fans sitting on the student section. Defensive end Ethan Johnson was struck on the left cheek and several other players also getting hit by snowballs despite three announcement urging fans to stop.
The Irish were booed several times during the game, including Clausen on Notre Dame’s next-to-last possession when third-and-8 the Syracuse 31 he missed a wide open David Grimes.

tjbison
11-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Man Weiss needs to go, Lou Holtz must be just dying inside to see this happening at ND!

sambini
11-24-2008, 02:42 AM
It doesn't sound good in South Bend.

gotts
11-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Rumor has it one of the young men thrown out by stadium officials will be brought in for spring practices to compete for the QB job...

56BISON73
11-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Rumor has it one of the young men thrown out by stadium officials will be brought in for spring practices to compete for the QB job...

At Notre Dame or for the Bison????:D
PL

gotts
11-24-2008, 04:28 AM
At Notre Dame or for the Bison????:D
PL

Umm both? :D

NDSUdonny
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Notre Dame hasn't been good since Holtz... Everytime they play someone good, they get stomped (Bush Push only exception), and they like to throw in a few losses to bad teams, too, just for good measure. Every year, you hear they have this great recruiting class and it doesn't look like they have much when these guys get on the field (with a few exceptions like Quinn who wasn't even recruited by Weiss). So is it Weiss or is this just the way Notre Dame has been for 13 years and will continue to be? Maybe they should have thought twice about signing him to a 10-year contract in celebration of a close loss to USC....

WRSDBison
11-28-2008, 06:32 PM
As a die hard Notre Dame fan....I have to say, that Weis must go. Although he is a great recruiter, he has been unable to motivate his teams. Best situation would be that he actually does care about Notre Dame football as much as he says he does. If so, he would put his ego aside and just resign rather than making them buy him out and hamstringing them money wise and thus forcing them to make another shaky head coaching hire, which would be their 4th straight unproven coach.

sambini
11-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I think Charlie will be gone. His winning percentage is the same as his former two coaches before him.

NorthernBison
11-30-2008, 04:52 AM
I think Charlie will be gone. His winning percentage is the same as his former two coaches before him.

The 38-3 loss tonight won't help him at all.

On the telecast, ESPN talked about a discussion that one of their reporters had with either the AD or the President. It sounds like the money involved in a buyout doesn't concern them. They want to do what is best for the athletes. It made it sound like that was positive for Charlie sticking around. He recruited these kids and they are counting on him to stay.

Without a sure thing replacement, I think he stays. We'll see.

Blue
11-30-2008, 05:45 AM
I have good insiders who say the new head coach will be John Stiegelmeier :-D. Offensive coordinator with be slickvick and defensive coordinator will be lakesbison. Special teams coach is rumored to be Shawn Bibeau.Mark my words ;-)

gotts
11-30-2008, 05:52 AM
I have good insiders who say the new head coach will be John Stiegelmeier :-D. Offensive coordinator with be slickvick and defensive coordinator will be lakesbison. Special teams coach is rumored to be Shawn Bibeau.Mark my words ;-)

Do I even have to ask who the QB coach will be?

Blue
11-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Do I even have to ask who the QB coach will be?

I heard it was..... Bill Brasky

gotts
11-30-2008, 05:58 AM
I heard it was..... Bill Brasky

Pencil them in for National Champs!

NDSUdonny
11-30-2008, 06:23 AM
Wow, I love watching Notre Dame get waxed like they did tonight... Good thing Charlie was calling plays tonight since they didn't get a first down until the last play of the third quarter.

SDbison
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Wow, I love watching Notre Dame get waxed like they did tonight... Good thing Charlie was calling plays tonight since they didn't get a first down until the last play of the third quarter.
I enjoy seeing Notre Dames demise......

sambini
11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
They were brutal not even 100 yards of total offense.

WRSDBison
12-01-2008, 05:33 AM
"F" all of you guys (sort of light-heartedly). The last two weekends haven't been good for me. First, Notre Dame loses to Syracuse. First time they've ever lost to an 8 loss team. Then, NDSU loses the Dakota Marker to SDSU on a Shannahanesque point call at the end. NOT TO MENTION, then the NDSU basketball team comes out and lays an egg in the last 6 minutes of the Idaho game and loses.

Enter Thanksgiving weekend and ND (the good ND not the school up north) goes out and manages a measly 4 first downs and less than 100 yards on 14 offensive possessions. Thanks to every one of you for caring about me.

On a side note, my brother called me after the NDSU loss to Idaho and asked if I was on the roof and ready to jump. Please help my luck. NDSU to the big dance would make me feel a lot better.

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
It's gotten so bad at ND that I've heard that "Touchdown Jesus" wants to transfer to an FCS school because he's tired of being a hippocrate.

http://www.trojanwire.com/images/touchdown_jesus.jpg

lcbison
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Fatso will be back next year

I love it, nothing better than seeing Notre Dame go down the pooper

Flintstone
12-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I've always wondered why most people either love or hate teams like Notre Dame and the Yankees - there isn't much middle ground. Any answers?

Anyways - I believe they should have found a new coach. Can't believe they're keeping Charlie around. Great recruiter, shitty coach. (Brewster syndrome?)

lcbison
12-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I've always wondered why most people either love or hate teams like Notre Dame and the Yankees - there isn't much middle ground. Any answers?

Anyways - I believe they should have found a new coach. Can't believe they're keeping Charlie around. Great recruiter, shitty coach. (Brewster syndrome?)

Charlie really isn't that great of a recruiter....The two teams he had success with were Willinghams players.

Now, with the players he has recruited, he has won 9 games in 2 seasons. Also, alot of times if a player is recruited by Notre Dame, than he will be perceived higher in the recruiting ranking world. Thus a 3 star player at Syracuse, will be a 4 star recruit at Notre Dame, just because they are Notre Dame.

This is the same thing with Duke baskeball...the reason they have so many Mcdonalds all-americans is because if a kid is committed to Duke than he is generally perceived to be better.

Flintstone
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Charlie really isn't that great of a recruiter....The two teams he had success with were Willinghams players.

Now, with the players he has recruited, he has won 9 games in 2 seasons. Also, alot of times if a player is recruited by Notre Dame, than he will be perceived higher in the recruiting ranking world. Thus a 3 star player at Syracuse, will be a 4 star recruit at Notre Dame, just because they are Notre Dame.

This is the same thing with Duke baskeball...the reason they have so many Mcdonalds all-americans is because if a kid is committed to Duke than he is generally perceived to be better.

I agree that he won with Willinghams players but to say that players get ranked higher because they are recruited by Notre Dame, you would have to say the same about USC, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State and any other major program since these are the teams that are routinely recruiting the same players as Notre Dame. Most of the rankings are completed a long time before most of them commit to any school. (Notre Dame can't even offer a kid a scholarship until after they have a satisfactory SAT score and the schools admissions office has reviewed and approved the kids high school transcript. Their offers typically go out later than most of the other schools).

I believe that the biggest problem at Notre Dame is the fact that they do not redshirt players or accept Juco transfers. Most of their players graduate after four years with very few (about 4 or 5 a year) being alowed back for a 5th year of school. If they have a position of need they can't go out and pick up a stud Juco transfer to fill the hole.

They do have one thing that no other school has and that is a huge TV contract that they do not have to share with anybody. I believe this is one of the main reasons why a lot of people hate them.

BisonNolesFan77
12-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I agree that he won with Willinghams players but to say that players get ranked higher because they are recruited by Notre Dame, you would have to say the same about USC, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State and any other major program since these are the teams that are routinely recruiting the same players as Notre Dame. Most of the rankings are completed a long time before most of them commit to any school. (Notre Dame can't even offer a kid a scholarship until after they have a satisfactory SAT score and the schools admissions office has reviewed and approved the kids high school transcript. Their offers typically go out later than most of the other schools).

I believe that the biggest problem at Notre Dame is the fact that they do not redshirt players or accept Juco transfers. Most of their players graduate after four years with very few (about 4 or 5 a year) being alowed back for a 5th year of school. If they have a position of need they can't go out and pick up a stud Juco transfer to fill the hole.

They do have one thing that no other school has and that is a huge TV contract that they do not have to share with anybody. I believe this is one of the main reasons why a lot of people hate them.

Bingo...Notre Dame needs to decide if they want to be a legit football powerhouse or if they want to be known for the high level of education. The Brady Quinn type players dont come along too often.