PDA

View Full Version : Had to sleep on it first....

Mr. Burgundy
11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
So I was pretty fired up about the game last night, I got home and thought....well, maybe I should watch the Craig Bohl show first before posting. Well, after that...it didn't help.

First of all, the refs. THEY GAVE THEM THE GAME. PERIOD. Watch the highlights. The hit by Ramon on the sidelines...Joke. 3 points. The pass interference? VERY questionable....50/50. The "helmet to helmet" on Schommer was a JOKE. PERIOD. Worst call ever. Here, have more field position. That killed us. His head was leaning far to the left and he lead with his shoulder. It wasn't even close. It just makes you think.....Jack fans are classy. Most of them that I spoke with understood my complaints. It was brutal. Great game, great rivalry, but to say..."We still had a chance to stop the two point conversion..." It shouldn't have come to that. GIFT. I went to a football game and a charity event broke out. I thought the United Way should have been there with some buckets since the refs were giving it up that easily.

The TD by DJ was clear. Touchdown. Their guy does it....very questionable...but I say he got in too....It just was lopsided. The offensive PI call was brutal. Phil Hanson (who is a ref) even said that call is never made.

I will say that the rivalry is very good. They have nice fans, and their QB came back in the clutch, but 30 yards of that drive was aided by the refs, and after watching the tape, nobody can disagree.

I hope the commish comes out with a statement. Whatever happened to picking up a flag by the way? can't they make a group decision? Especially on the sideline call on Ramon. There are two refs there. If he doesn't hit him, he goes to the house. Oh, one final thought....BOHL...can you please just wear out a ref for these calls. Quit acting like a CEO and go nuts on these guys. Remember the K-State hoops game two years ago when Huggins "EARNED" a call because he barked all game. We outplayed a good football team yesterday and should have won. The defense was amazing, NIck played well, and the atmosphere was great. 17 of 17 field goals were made against the Bison this year. Bebeau....DONE. Just be done. I can't take it anymore. Watch the Bohl show. Those calls were very poor.

CaBisonFan
11-23-2008, 05:00 PM
First of all, the refs. THEY GAVE THEM THE GAME. PERIOD. Watch the highlights. I hope the commish comes out with a statement. .

Great observations from someone who was there. I saw it on my computer and was going crazy. In this particular game...the officials weren't into equal opportunity awfulness. Not arguing Burgundy. I feel your pain...but weren't those two blown calls on the last SDSU drive worth more than 30 yards because of the location of the so-called infractions? It seemed like a mile in a time warp. And in my opinion, the interference call on that drive should have been on one of the all-time Bison highlight reels. The DB (name?) jumped out of his body to deflect the ball. Didn't touch anyone...period.

But this takes the heat off the commish for Selection Sunday, doesn't it?

Who hires these officials anyway?

:cool:

X-Factor
11-23-2008, 05:57 PM
did Bohl have to say anything about the calls or just the usual CEO attitiude?

Mr. Burgundy
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Total CEO attitude. Phil Hanson tried to several times say..."well, it actually..." Bohl would stop him. He would talk about how the call put them in field goal position and that in a game decided by a point each call is important, but he would never criticize a ref. Frustrating. I just wish he would come out and talk about some of it. I just read on the jacks board that they think it was a helmet to helmet collision. Umm...and that was after they watched the tape. Anyone able to post a link from the bohl show of that collision? It was a bigtime hit, and it was clean. Nothing wrong with that.

I think that SDSU is a better team, but I thought we played a really good game minus the FG game yesterday. Dramatically outgaining them. I was worried about the game and happy we played well. They have good fans. Very happy to end the streak. Too bad the refs had to decide some MAJOR calls, and some calls that were so late. It would have been nice to allow the kids to decide the game.

aces1180
11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
So I was pretty fired up about the game last night, I got home and thought....well, maybe I should watch the Craig Bohl show first before posting. Well, after that...it didn't help.

First of all, the refs. THEY GAVE THEM THE GAME. PERIOD. Watch the highlights. The hit by Ramon on the sidelines...Joke. 3 points. The pass interference? VERY questionable....50/50. The "helmet to helmet" on Schommer was a JOKE. PERIOD. Worst call ever. Here, have more field position. That killed us. His head was leaning far to the left and he lead with his shoulder. It wasn't even close. It just makes you think.....Jack fans are classy. Most of them that I spoke with understood my complaints. It was brutal. Great game, great rivalry, but to say..."We still had a chance to stop the two point conversion..." It shouldn't have come to that. GIFT. I went to a football game and a charity event broke out. I thought the United Way should have been there with some buckets since the refs were giving it up that easily.

The TD by DJ was clear. Touchdown. Their guy does it....very questionable...but I say he got in too....It just was lopsided. The offensive PI call was brutal. Phil Hanson (who is a ref) even said that call is never made.

I will say that the rivalry is very good. They have nice fans, and their QB came back in the clutch, but 30 yards of that drive was aided by the refs, and after watching the tape, nobody can disagree.

I hope the commish comes out with a statement. Whatever happened to picking up a flag by the way? can't they make a group decision? Especially on the sideline call on Ramon. There are two refs there. If he doesn't hit him, he goes to the house. Oh, one final thought....BOHL...can you please just wear out a ref for these calls. Quit acting like a CEO and go nuts on these guys. Remember the K-State hoops game two years ago when Huggins "EARNED" a call because he barked all game. We outplayed a good football team yesterday and should have won. The defense was amazing, NIck played well, and the atmosphere was great. 17 of 17 field goals were made against the Bison this year. Bebeau....DONE. Just be done. I can't take it anymore. Watch the Bohl show. Those calls were very poor.

Watching it on DVR right now...Terrible calls. Bohl pissed me off with is comment about the second missed field goal...I have never seen a DI kicker ever shank a field goal so bad.

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Watching it on DVR right now...Terrible calls. Bohl pissed me off with is comment about the second missed field goal...I have never seen a DI kicker ever shank a field goal so bad.

What did Bohl say??? PL

aces1180
11-23-2008, 07:19 PM
What did Bohl say??? PL

He said he is a golfer and he mis hits shots all the time...Not the same in my opinion.

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
He said he is a golfer and he mis hits shots all the time...Not the same in my opinion.

That has got to be the most piss poor comment he could have made. I just cant believe it. Amazing. PL

aces1180
11-23-2008, 07:24 PM
That has got to be the most piss poor comment he could have made. I just cant believe it. Amazing. PL

If you get a chance to watch the show when it appears online, make sure you look for that comment...It just makes me shake my head in amazement.

Bison"FANatic"
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM

Well put Burgundy you summed up my thoughts also

Jdubs21
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
yea the reffing was a joke

BisonNolesFan77
11-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, after 24 hours, being at the game and watching it this morning...I had better refs when I was playing middle school football...it really is a joke that these are FCS Officials! Humber's late hit, Schommer's PI, and the Helmet to Helmet hit are the ones that really stand out, but what about the No call where Kole was mugged on the slant in the 4th, that would have been a big 3rd down conversion, or the Offensive PI on Belquist when the ball was 15 years over thrown, even D.J.'s dive for the endzone...he knocks over the pylon, No TD...the SDSU player does the exact same thing, TD is signaled right away, inconsistent, and it was a shame that the officiating decided the outcome of this game. The defense was doing everything, flying around the field and making plays, but they cant make a play on refs giving away 15 yards at a time...

IowaBisonToo
11-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, the refs had some awful calls but, blame the real person responsible for the loss -- Bibeaux! HE SUCKS!!! Had he made ONE of those FGs, the Bison would have won the game. I've seen my fair share of him miss FGs that weren't even close. I'm not saying I could do better but I'm guessing this kid is getting a scholarship for doing what he's supposed to do. One other thing -- extremely poor throw to end the game!!!!!!!

stevdock
11-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah, the refs had some awful calls but, blame the real person responsible for the loss -- Bibeaux! HE SUCKS!!! Had he made ONE of those FGs, the Bison would have won the game. I've seen my fair share of him miss FGs that weren't even close. I'm not saying I could do better but I'm guessing this kid is getting a scholarship for doing what he's supposed to do. One other thing -- extremely poor throw to end the game!!!!!!!

Didn't his throw to end the game go for about 40 yards or so?? On the INT, Veldman was open for about a split second and needed to be thrown a touch earlier. Probably not the best decision on that throw, especially if Belquist was wide open as another poster said. I didn't see Belquist so I don't know. I do know the Safety was over the top of Veldman the whole play. Also for what it's worth I don't think Mertens was able to fully step into that throw as the line was pushed back into him as he threw.

IzzyFlexion
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Didn't his throw to end the game go for about 40 yards or so?? On the INT, Veldman was open for about a split second and needed to be thrown a touch earlier. Probably not the best decision on that throw, especially if Belquist was wide open as another poster said. I didn't see Belquist so I don't know. I do know the Safety was over the top of Veldman the whole play. Also for what it's worth I don't think Mertens was able to fully step into that throw as the line was pushed back into him as he threw.

I'm pretty sure that IowaBison was referring to the pick and not the desperation pass with 1 second left in the game.

steelbison
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM

Really PL, coming from someone who played college sports you should understand a coach is not going to bash a player. In private I am sure he might but never in public.

How would you like to be a recruit watching the Craig Bohl show and he is just bashing his players. Would that be somewhere you would want to go??

Use your head..:mad:

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Really PL, coming from someone who played college sports you should understand a coach is not going to bash a player. In private I am sure he might but never in public.

How would you like to be a recruit watching the Craig Bohl show and he is just bashing his players. Would that be somewhere you would want to go??

Use your head..:mad:

I did use my head as I said it was a piss poor comment. I didnt say what he should have said did I???
But to equate the missed field goal with a duffed golf shot is ridiculous..
PL

IowaBisonToo
11-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that IowaBison was referring to the pick and not the desperation pass with 1 second left in the game.

Bingo! Pick you prize.

steelbison
11-23-2008, 10:07 PM
The screw job was the worst I have ever witnessed. It started with the pass interference call on Belquist with a ball that wasn't even close to catchable. Why would you throw a flag there?? Then the no call on Cole which he was clearly hit before the ball arrived. Then the pass interference on us right in front of me that was a GREAT play by our player. The 15 yard penalty on Nick was a shoulder tackle..not a helmet to helmet. Watched it 15 times and it is so easy to see he lead with his shoulder not helmet. Could see that at the game also but wanted to make sure I saw it correctly.

The hit by Ramon in the first half was unbelievable!! That happened right in front of me also and the ref that threw the flag was 20 plus yards behind the play and there were TWO officials right there that never even thought of throwing a flag....

The main reason we lost the game are as follows.
1.) Officiating
2.) FG kicking
3.) Special teams(kick coverage)

The offense played well..the d played well...But it is hard to overcome that pathetic effort by the zebras...

gotts
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM

The main reason we lost the game are as follows.
3.) Officiating
1.) FG kicking
2.) Special teams(kick coverage)

Fixed.....

OldBison
11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
did Bohl have to say anything about the calls or just the usual CEO attitiude?

He can't, all conferences have the same rules. If he says anything deragatory about them he could be fined, or worse yet, suspended for a game.

IzzyFlexion
11-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Bingo! Pick your prize.

Oops, got a little too excited about my victory!
http://i16.tinypic.com/4t7tt9e.jpg

EagleBison
11-24-2008, 12:33 AM
The calls were bad, but bad calls are part of the game. I didn't like the calls and yelled like everyone else in the dome. Bison missed 2 FG's, SDSU went for 2 points for the win. It was a great game, hopefully the Bison can learn from that experience and take care of what they can control, and hopefully that overcomes what they can't.