PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Bunnies.

Kevin
11-23-2008, 02:11 AM
You guys wanted it. We didn't. Enjoy the victory and we'll see you next year.

CaBisonFan
11-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Yes...congrats to SDSU.

But our guys wanted it badly. Many Bison players played a great game. The defense was mostly outstanding.

Came down to field goals. The difference was really in our kickers.

But that's football.

jack power
11-23-2008, 02:16 AM
You guys wanted it. We didn't. Enjoy the victory and we'll see you next year.
Classy post. 46 years is a loooong time

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Congrats Jacks
You got a hell of a football team!!! PL

bisonmike2
11-23-2008, 02:19 AM
I got nothing else to say. You earned it fair and square. Let's keep this rivalry civil. Please don't be dicks and smear feces in the vistors locker room for us next year. :)

jimmyjack
11-23-2008, 02:27 AM
I got nothing else to say. You earned it fair and square. Let's keep this rivalry civil. Please don't be dicks and smear feces in the vistors locker room for us next year. :)

Don't worry. That's a USD trick. I root for NDSU 10 games a year. Our program wouldn't be progressing like it has if it wasn't for the need to compete with NDSU.

bisonmike2
11-23-2008, 02:34 AM
I went to NDSU went we lost 3 0f 5 to UND. That was the worst of the worst. I don't feel as bad now as I did back than. SDSU is an instution I can respect. Maybe it's because I'm a SoDak native but you there isn't the venom there that existed with UND. You beat us fair and square. I love the 2 point conversion call, took balls to do that. You don't do that our QB doesn't go full retard and force a pick. You made us play a good game and we couldn't. Well see you next year and hopefully we can create another 45 year streak.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 02:48 AM
Sorry, but SDSU didn't win the refs handed them the game. That is all I am going to say about this game.

BeckerBison
11-23-2008, 02:51 AM
Sorry, but SDSU didn't win the refs handed them the game. That is all I am going to say about this game.

Players need to make plays to win.

gotts
11-23-2008, 02:51 AM

...and kickers need feet.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 02:52 AM

Bring on basketball season because like I said I am done with football.

bisonmike2
11-23-2008, 02:53 AM

No way. The refs suck but it wasn't much different than any other game. We didn't make the plays.

Go_Herd
11-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Congratulations Jackrabbits....they are the Jackrabbits!! not the bunnies

Your team played a great game and that was defined an exciting heart-stopping type game to watch.

BeckerBison
11-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Bring on basketball season because like I said I am done with football.

AMEN!!!

Let's win some games and go DANCING!!!

Kevin
11-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Jackrabbit, bunny, hare, whatever.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 02:58 AM
AMEN!!!

Let's win some games and go DANCING!!!

Yes, thank you for agreeing because I don't want to say anything else about what was the most frustrating football season ever. Bring on Dickie V, and march madness.

Civil06
11-23-2008, 03:03 AM

Like Schommer lighting a WR up.... to get called for a personal foul. How about tackling a player, who has the ball, in bounds, running, and flagging Humber for a personal foul. And at least one other. The players made the plays to win. The refs handed them 15 yards on a field goal drive and 30 yards on the game winning TD drive. This meant that the refs made the plays, not their players. I would be fired on the spot if I was as terrible at my job.

Da_Bizon
11-23-2008, 03:04 AM
I refuse to credit this win to SDSU. I give it to the refs. That was the worst performance I have ever seen by a crew of refs... I hope they can sleep well know how bad they screwed us.

Kevin
11-23-2008, 03:08 AM
No matter what happened this one is going to take a long time to swallow.

Granted it wasn't as clear as "win and your in" but God dammit everyone that had to lose did, and we gave it away. The refs didn't miss the field goals nor throw that interception. The refs also didn't come up short on third and two. The refs didn't make questionable play calls, either.

Blame it on whoever you want. But at the end of the day we lost. Enjoy the North Dakota winter, spring football is right around the corner.

97tegls
11-23-2008, 03:09 AM
that was a good game sdsu got the refs on Their side and Bibeau sucked hardcore dick! Otherwise you can't blame mertens at all Bibeau should have made what he calls chip shots and missed them! We need a new kicker and quarter back i think mertens should be replaced because he's unconsistant and loves throwing ints! But he did pretty well tonight!

Twentysix
11-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Or when tyler roehl was hit but not taken down fell on his back with no one touching him and got up and started running clear for a td but was called down. or the refs not giving us a touchdown when 1/2 of our players body was in and his stomach knocked over the pylon but giving sdsu a 2pt conversion where the player only had 1/2 of his hand and the ball in bounds barely swiping the pylon. Offensive pass intf. Not calling the 2nd illegal sub. Honestly we won with decent refs, but the jacks did play awesome, our defense just played better.

Twentysix
11-23-2008, 03:12 AM
And honestly Mertens wasnt steve walker in this game but he was an upper teir qb. He really did great. without that int mertens was player of the game imo.

bisonmike2
11-23-2008, 03:16 AM
And honestly Mertens wasnt steve walker in this game but he was an upper teir qb. He really did great. without that int mertens was player of the game imo.

Are you kidding? He threw for 55% I guess technically that's his best game but in reality you need more from your QB. Particually the ability to not throw int's when you need to score to win the game.

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 03:18 AM

Dont think so.

But he DID make some things happen with his feet. But he is SUPPOSED to. PL

HerdBot
11-23-2008, 03:21 AM
I am typing on my blackberry so this will be short but that was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen. the atmosphere was electric and both teams played their asses off. gotta love the call at the end to go for 2. it sucks we lost but the jacks deserved it. it could have gone either way. the difference was field goal kickers and a ballzy coaching move. I actually thought merens did a good job.

Jacks-02
11-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the words of congratulations Bison fans. We're dissapointed in not making the playoffs but getting this monkey off our backs is a great way to end the season. Watched the game on TV and it was another great one. Seems our games always come down to the end and always exciting.

I think we should both be in good shape again next year as I know the Jacks have alot of guys coming back and I'm sure Bohl will get things going again for you guys next year. Kind of dissapointed we play you earlier in the year next year, I've enjoyed looking forward to having you the last game of the year.

Just 9 months till next season starts!

TbonZach
11-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Or when tyler roehl was hit but not taken down fell on his back with no one touching him and got up and started running clear for a td but was called down.

In college you're down when you're down. In the NFL you're down when you're down and somebody touches you.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 03:28 AM
That was one of the worse job of reffing i have seen- 4 calls that were complete BS--- the first PF when he was in the field of play, the push off on a pass that was 15 yards over the head of belquist- and the last 2- no contact at all on a pass interference and a leading with the head - the contact was made with his shoulder pads. A no call on our touchdown over the cone- and a call on their extra pt that didnt get in. We left 6 points on the field that would have won the game- so the refs didnt take it away- but its pretty hard to come back when they are given 30 yards on a drive. Mertens was ok- blew it in the end--But i see this loss going to Perles- he is the one who turned into a puss this game- and has done it all year- same old- get a lead or do good- then go to conservative 'dont lose' mentality. And didnt use roehl at all. The boys better have a good recruiting year- or we are in trouble.

and i hate to say it- but congrats to the jacks- hard fought- hard hitting-not afraid to take some chances--- and did it all with the back-up qb.

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:29 AM
In college you're down when you're down. In the NFL you're down when you're down and somebody touches you.

Was this the play where Roehl spun and had no clear point of contact down? The ref may have assumed he was down and blew a premature whistle...

unbison
11-23-2008, 03:31 AM
what yall want is a superstar qb..... but u forget ndsu is in fargo nd..... not miami ..... its not..... even laramie wyoming please...... big time.... as 56 would say pl

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:32 AM
what yall want is a superstar qb..... but u forget ndsu is in fargo nd..... not miami ..... its not..... even laramie wyoming please...... big time.... as 56 would say pl

The question is, how many superstar QB's want an engineering degree?

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Was this the play where Roehl spun and had no clear point of contact down? The ref may have assumed he was down and blew a premature whistle...

It makes no difference in college if anyone touches you or not- knee on the ground, back on the ground whatever- as soon as you touch- you are down- the one roehl had earlier this year- he was on his back on top of someone else- not the ground.

iHEARTthundar
11-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Were some of you even at the game? That was the WORST calls I have ever seen in my entire life... I think the refs should just get fired and pay me instead because I, who doesn't know everything about football, knew much more then the idoits getting paid.

I will give SDSU credit, they did play pretty well and they do have a pretty good team, but with out the refs calling so many plays in their favor when they were undeserved, they would have lost.(Mertens and Bibeau terrible plays just made it worse) I am just dissapointed that for my last football game in college, we had to lose a game that we shouldn't have.

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:35 AM
It makes no difference in college if anyone touches you or not- knee on the ground, back on the ground whatever- as soon as you touch- you are down- the one roehl had earlier this year- he was on his back on top of someone else- not the ground.

I'm not arguing that fact. The play in question, which I didn't happen to see as I was driving, was explained in the way I put it out before by Phil Hansen.

I know the rule(I didn't even know that games end in ties....), I'm just looking for others' viewpoints on the play...

99Bison
11-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Were some of you even at the game? That was the WORST calls I have ever seen in my entire life... I think the refs should just get fired and pay me instead because I, who doesn't know everything about football, knew much more then the idoits getting paid.

I will give SDSU credit, they did play pretty well and they do have a pretty good team, but with out the refs calling so many plays in their favor when they were undeserved, they would have lost.(Mertens and Bibeau terrible plays just made it worse) I am just dissapointed that for my last football game in college, we had to lose a game that we shouldn't have.

You hit it on the head. Exactly.

bisonmike2
11-23-2008, 03:36 AM

your kidding right? all we want is a qb that can throw less int's than he does td's. We want a QB that can throw 60%. We want a QB that doesn't end every close game with a pick.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 03:38 AM
I'm not arguing that fact. The play in question, which I didn't happen to see as I was driving, was explained in the way I put it out before by Phil Hansen.

I know the rule(I didn't even know that games end in ties....), I'm just looking for others' viewpoints on the play...

I think Phil was drunk.

unbison
11-23-2008, 03:39 AM
bison mike.... please..... u had one all year.......... u want a savior.... at happy harry"s they have what u want in a bottle.... its called salvation....... go loook at the single beers.... and u will find it a little salvation

HerdBot
11-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the words of congratulations Bison fans. We're dissapointed in not making the playoffs but getting this monkey off our backs is a great way to end the season. Watched the game on TV and it was another great one. Seems our games always come down to the end and always exciting.

I think we should both be in good shape again next year as I know the Jacks have alot of guys coming back and I'm sure Bohl will get things going again for you guys next year. Kind of dissapointed we play you earlier in the year next year, I've enjoyed looking forward to having you the last game of the year.

Just 9 months till next season starts!

the games certainly don't lack drama! honestl I think both teams are play off caliber. too bad neither of us get in. I think people will start viewing this as a legitimate rivalry because it is.

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:40 AM
I think Phil was drunk.

Fair enough. I have seen the type of play that he was talking about and wouldn't put it past Roehl to be able to pull it off.

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:41 AM
post deleted....

Dude likes his punctuation?

bisonmike2
11-23-2008, 03:42 AM
bison mike.... please..... u had one all year.......... u want a savior.... at happy harry"s they have what u want in a bottle.... its called salvation....... go loook at the single beers.... and u will find it a little salvation

no, I want a decent f*$^ing QB. We might get one next year.

HerdBot
11-23-2008, 03:49 AM

they had some key plays go in their favor but jacks beat us and it wasn't the refs fault. congrats jacks! its more the fault of the special teams. 2 field goals, the long kick return were the keys but a great team makes those plays in a big game.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 03:50 AM
no, I want a decent f*$^ing QB. We might get one next year.

Mertens isnt the man-agreed--- we need a QB- but its not all his fault, the receivers ran a lot of routes into coverage in games and some of the missreads were theirs.........and the play calling was horrible this year compared to the last couple... perles needs to get off the sauce ( or back on) and play to win- not play not to lose.

Jacks-02
11-23-2008, 03:52 AM

I watched the game on TV, and while I agree there were a few bad calls (the first late hit call on Berry going out of bounds was a joke as he was still in-bounds when he got hit), for the most part I think it was called pretty well. The personal foul call against your safety on the hit against JaRon was for helmet to helmet contact and was a good call. Penalties for the game were 8-56 for SDSU and 6-67 for NDSU so overall pretty even.

Anyways, thats my take from watching on TV where you get replays, although I'm sure blue colored glasses probably see things differently than green colored ones :)

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Mertens isnt the man-agreed--- we need a QB- but its not all his fault, the recievers ran a lot of routes into coverage in games and some of the misreads were theirs.........and the play calling was horrible this year compared to the last couple... perles needs to get off the sauce ( or back on) and play to win- not play to not lose.

So, unless they're running an option route, isn't it the receivers job to run the roues they're supposed to and the QB hits the open receiver?

QB discretion goes by the wayside?

So they run routes into coverage and it's their fault Mertens puts the ball into the DB's hands?

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:53 AM
I watched the game on TV, and while I agree there were a few bad calls (the first late hit call on Berry going out of bounds was a joke as he was still in-bounds when he got hit), for the most part I think it was called pretty well. The personal foul call against your safety on the hit against JaRon was for helmet to helmet contact and was a good call. Penalties for the game were 8-56 for SDSU and 6-67 for NDSU so overall pretty even.

Anyways, thats my take from watching on TV where you get replays, although I'm sure blue colored glasses probably see things differently than green colored ones :)

Disagree. Shoulder pad doesn't equal helmet.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 03:56 AM

It is the end of the F'ing game. Let the players decide it, the refs handed you the game, just admit it.

gotts
11-23-2008, 03:57 AM
It is the end of the F'ing game. Let the players decide it, the refs handed you the game, just admit it.

Dude, get off the ref train. SDSU still converted for 2, and we didn't stop them.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Dude, get off the ref train. SDSU still converted for 2, and we didn't stop them.

Get off the ref train? If they would have earned their way for the 6, I would have been glad to give them all the credit in the world for going for 2 and getting it.

BlueBisonRock
11-23-2008, 03:59 AM
post deleted...

I am not impressed by your statement. :mad: Downs is a condition that establishes some outstanding and trusting individuals. It takes patience and understanding from the parent and the extended community to help the individual address. Please choose your metaphors more carefully in the future! :banghead:

iHEARTthundar
11-23-2008, 03:59 AM
Get off the ref train? If they would have earned their way for the 6, I would have been glad to give them all the credit in the world for going for 2 and getting it.

exactly... they wouldn't have been able to go for two if it wasn't for the td that was handed to them

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Get off the ref train? If they would have earned their way for the 6 I would have been glad to give them all the credit in the world for going for 2 and getting it.

How about for every time you feel the refs jobbed us, you go and find a self-inflicted failure?

2 missed FG's would be a great starting point...

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:01 AM
exactly... they wouldn't have been able to go for two if it wasn't for the td that was handed to them

So we'll see you and NDSUStudent wearing the stripes for MVC games next year?

huskon4ever
11-23-2008, 04:01 AM
they had some key plays go in their favor but jacks beat us and it wasn't the refs fault. congrats jacks! its more the fault of the special teams. 2 field goals, the long kick return were the keys but a great team makes those plays in a big game.

Definitely special teams. This year couldn't make a field goal and last year couldn't get the tackle on that 92 yard punt return for 6. Special teams.... Granted other factors yes, but I still blame ST.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 04:03 AM
So, unless they're running an option route, isn't it the receivers job to run the roues they're supposed to and the QB hits the open receiver?

QB discretion goes by the wayside?

So they run routes into coverage and it's their fault Mertens puts the ball into the DB's hands?

they are read routes- not pre-determined routes- one or the other is reading the defense wrong- and there were quite a few where the receivers ran INTO coverage- if the reciever runs in and it should be an out..or runs through the hole instead of sitting ..the QB cant sit on the ball and wait for the cut- the ball is in the air- not all the passes that were way off were all mertens fault. And like I said- I still dont think he has what it takes.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 04:04 AM
How about for every time you feel the refs jobbed us, you go and find a self-inflicted failure?

2 missed FG's would be a great starting point...

Look, Bibeau misses field goals that is what he does. But our defense may have stopped them if it wasn't for the refs. All I ask is if it is blatant call it, but in a close game you don't officiate like that. Each and everyone of those refs deserves to be fired. In fact I wish the MVFC would let us hire Big 10 refs like we used to have, it shouldn't be our fault the conference can't afford to train their officials right.

gotts
they are read routes- not pre-determined routes- one or the other is reading the defense wrong- and there were quite a few where the receivers ran INTO coverage- if the reciever runs in and it should be an out..or runs through the hole instead of sitting ..the QB cant sit on the ball and wait for the cut- the ball is in the air- not all the passes that were way off were all mertens fault. And like I said- I still dont think he has what it takes.

I'll agree there. Intangibles?

iHEARTthundar

well I don't know enough to ref, but with the avg joes they pulled off the streets tonight, why the hell not?

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Look, Bibeau misses field goals that is what he does. But our defense may have stopped them if it wasn't for the refs. All I ask is if it is blatant call it, but in a close game you don't officiate like that. Each and everyone of those refs deserves to be fired. In fact I wish the MVFC would let us hire Big 10 refs like we used to have, it shouldn't be our fault the conference can't afford to train their officials right.

My point is you can control how your team plays, but you can't control how the refs call the game.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2008, 04:06 AM

I'd gladly wear the stripes, no doubt me and Iheart could do better.

I have restrained myself from saying things most of the year because the refs have all be consistent. They all let the defenses play defense, and in this game they didn't and I will bash them unmercifully for it.

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:07 AM
I'd gladly wear the stripes, no doubt I me and Iheart could do better.

I have restrained myself from saying things most of the year because the refs have all be consistent. They all let the defenses play defense, and in this game they didn't and I will bash them unmercifully for it.

See you in August 2009!

iHEARTthundar
11-23-2008, 04:08 AM
See you in August 2009!

Just let us know where we can apply... :)

sambini
11-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Congrats Jacks

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Just let us know where we can apply... :)

Talk to Patty Viverito, after she's done trying to put the conference in a hole...

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 04:14 AM
you know- this really put it in prospective.......the guy behind me at the game taps me on the shoulder and says 'you know, when we made the switch to D-1, who would have thought that women's volleyball would be the first to go the big dance'. Yeeesh. I think i puked in my mouth. ( hey nothing against VB- best of luck to them...... just had some damn high hopes for FB)

HerdBot
11-23-2008, 04:14 AM
See you in August 2009!

just so you know, 90 percent of us don't blame the officiating. good win jacks.

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:15 AM

Oh, don't worry, that's clearly been established via one of my earlier posts.

iHEARTthundar
11-23-2008, 04:16 AM

well 100% of people leaving the game (the ones that actually witnessed the disaster of a officating job) were blaming them!

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Oh, don't worry, that's clearly been established via one of my earlier posts.

but 99.9% agree it was a horsesh*t job of reffing.

HerdBot
11-23-2008, 04:18 AM
you know- this really put it in prospective.......the guy behind me at the game taps me on the shoulder and says 'you know, when we made the switch to D-1, who would have thought that women's volleyball would be the first to go the big dance'. Yeeesh. I think i puked in my mouth. ( hey nothing against VB- best of luck to them...... just had some damn high hopes for FB)

geez man have some patience . this is year 1 in the fcs era.

gotts
11-23-2008, 04:20 AM
but 99.9% agree it was a horsesh*t job of reffing.

Without a doubt. We still had many chances to win it, though.

Sioux27
11-23-2008, 04:21 AM
post deleted........

Let's be careful with the Downs Syndrome link...............you never know who you might offend no matter what side they are for.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Let's be careful with the Downs Syndrome link...............you never know who you might offend no matter what side they are for.

That is even funnier....when a sioux points it out!! didn't mean to offend you. LOL

Sioux27
11-23-2008, 04:32 AM
That is even funnier....when a sioux points it out!! didn't mean to offend you. LOL

I have a child with Downs. Sioux or not, only an insensitive prick would would post a cheap shot like that. I realize it doesn't represent the Bison fans I have come to respect, but don't appreciate it.

Kevin
11-23-2008, 04:57 AM
That's like piss in a bowl of cheerios.

Yeah, I'm drunk.

BigDeal
11-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Okay, time to get back on topic before this ends up in the hall of shame...

Great game Jackrabbits. It was a fair game, we had our chance but you guys wanted it more. Watch out, though, next year... you'll have lots of pissed off Bison fans in Brookings. Again, congrats on the win.

ad guy
11-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Okay, time to get back on topic before this ends up in the hall of shame...

Great game Jackrabbits. It was a fair game, we had our chance but you guys wanted it more. Watch out, though, next year... you'll have lots of pissed off Bison fans in Brookings. Again, congrats on the win.

I don't know how, as a Bison fan, you can say they wanted it more. We outgained them and our defense was awesome. They played well, but our guys sure as hell wanted it just as much as them.

Great job seniors, good luck in the future. Go Bison!

BigDeal
11-23-2008, 05:13 AM
I will always say that the team that wanted it more will get it. Nothing against the heart and determination of our players. They have plenty of it. That is a fact. But the scoreboard doesn't lie, either.

Blue
11-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey Bison Fans,

Thanks for being great hosts. That was a WHALE of a game and lots of fun. You have one freaking great fan base which we would love to have. I hope next year's game is just as great as this one. You guys played great and deserved to win, yet Berry came back and did what he does best in leading another great 4th quarter comeback. Here's to a great offseason and a great rivalry.

BlueBisonRock
11-23-2008, 06:09 AM

Dude, There is nothing funny about Downs. It has nothing to do with the Sioux. I am a long time Bison grad. My nephew has Downs. Show some class!

And yes. I am offended!

ozwald56
11-23-2008, 06:14 AM
I don't know if this has been said already or not (I don't have time to read all 9 pages of this thread), but the NDSU fans that are complaining about being screwed by the refs need to think about what they're saying for a second.

After all the questionable calls that went the Jacks way, the Bison were still up 24-23. The Bison controlled their destiny on that two point conversion, not the refs. The Bison had a chance to stop the conversion, and they couldn't.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't know if this has been said already or not (I don't have time to read all 9 pages of this thread), but the NDSU fans that are complaining about being screwed by the refs need to think about what they're saying for a second.

After all the questionable calls that went the Jacks way, the Bison were still up 24-23. The Bison controlled their destiny on that two point conversion, not the refs. The Bison had a chance to stop the conversion, and they couldn't.

and thats exactly why you SHOULD read a thread before posting- only a few that posted actually said the refs took the game away- all agree the refs were horrible- the calls were rediculous- the bison left 6 points on the field in missed field goals- 92 yard kick return------ so in other words...it has been said already.

bisonhp330
11-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I have a child with Downs. Sioux or not, only an insensitive prick would would post a cheap shot like that. I realize it doesn't represent the Bison fans I have come to respect, but don't appreciate it.

christ- lighten up- it was in jest- it would take a sioux to come here and take something literal. Ok let me change it to this.....man its........easy.......to........see.....when....a. .....sioux.......posts. Idiot

Thats the difference between the sioux and the Jacks- the Jacks come on here and post and comment - the sioux fans come on here to bitch. I said it last year- i would travel to SDSU 100 times before GF once.

Bisonfan1
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
christ- lighten up- it was in jest- it would take a sioux to come here and take something literal. Ok let me change it to this.....man its........easy.......to........see.....when....a. .....sioux.......posts. Idiot

Thats the difference between the sioux and the Jacks- the Jacks come on here and post and comment - the sioux fans come on here to bitch. I said it last year- i would travel to SDSU 100 times before GF once.

Put me in coach, I will travel with you 100 times to SDSU before GF once also.
Congrats Bunnies, you have made once again a very long off season for us Bison fans. See ya in Brookings 2009.

Hart
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
There were a lot of SDSU fans who showed up at Dempsey's after the game for the Johnson Family Band and a lot of them were gracious and talked about the game with me and a few of my buddies. They were pretty classy. SDSU came to win and played a solid game.

I spent most of the game with some relatives of Jack's receiver Harris -- who had to rub it in my face when he caught that final score for them.

All and all, a great game -- and I look forward to seeing NDSU go to Brookings and win next year. :D

SUPERBUNNY
11-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks to many of you that had gracious posts after what was obviously a very tough loss.

To those looking for excuses or balaming the refs, give it a rest.

The game came down to the same thing most big games do, turnovers and special teams. SDSU won both of those battles and that let them win the game.

The Jacks took control of the game early and the Bison came storming back. It made for a great finish!

I thought the Bison played a very good game and your quarterback was solid with only one mistake. The kicker missing twice hurt.

I've already got the rematch cirlced on the calendar for next year.

You are a classy bunch!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

bisonhp330
11-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Thanks to many of you that had gracious posts after what was obviously a very tough loss.

The game came down to the same thing most big games do, turnovers and special teams. SDSU won both of those battles and that let them win the game.

The Jacks took control of the game early and the Bison came storming back. It made for a great finish!

I thought the Bison played a very good game and your quarterback was solid with only one mistake. The kicker missing twice hurt.

You are a classy bunch!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

You know....its posts like this that really piss me off. Im really TRYING to hate you guys. ARGHHHHHHHH! LOL

HerdBot
11-24-2008, 05:20 AM

You are a classy bunch!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

You guys were the better team this year and you deserved to win. You also got screwed by the pollsters and I will actually be annoyed if your not ranked or if your ranked lower than us. Hopefully this game earned you some well deserved respect. That game was very very painful to watch and I wanted to win really badly...but you know what, I actually like and respect SDSU and the program so it's not a bitter type of loss. But man I can't freakin wait to make the trip next year!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Or when tyler roehl was hit but not taken down fell on his back with no one touching him and got up and started running clear for a td but was called down. or the refs not giving us a touchdown when 1/2 of our players body was in and his stomach knocked over the pylon but giving sdsu a 2pt conversion where the player only had 1/2 of his hand and the ball in bounds barely swiping the pylon. Offensive pass intf. Not calling the 2nd illegal sub. Honestly we won with decent refs, but the jacks did play awesome, our defense just played better.

umm in college if you touch the ground without being touched you're still considered down, if thats what you're saying about t-roehl.