PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Ticket SNAFU

90BISON
11-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Was a little naive this week when trying to get tickets for the Gopher/Bison men's BB game this last week. (Don't have any yet!) Found quite a few on Craigslist that looked like they were all from individual sellers, not one of the ticket ho's.

Found 4 great one's together, lower level, only about 18 rows back from the floor, about $10 per ticket below face. Sent an e-mail to the seller to see if they were still available, get a reply back about 1/2 day later saying they were. Great, resend an e-mail saying I'll take them and we need to work out the logistics since I'm in ND and we have a Holiday coming up which will screw up the mail time. Tick-tock, tick-tock, whole day passes with no response. I'm thinkin maybe my e-mail got blocked by their system, I'll resend out of the original Craigslist link. Finally get one back another 6 hrs later saying they don't like the logistics and would prefer to sell them to someone more local. I reply back that I have a sister in the Cities that would glady make the trade, to which I receive no reply.

Well it was getting down to crunch time since the game is only a week away. I find another 4 seats together which happen to be in the very same area as the previous ones, only a row off. I figure, great, and fire off an e-mail for those. Get a reply back about 4 hours later saying they are sold, but notice the e-mail address is the same as the previous 4 tickets. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It finally hit me this morning. Obvious NDSU fan from ND trying to buy tickets from a Gopher fan who would prefer to sell them to another Gopher fan. Do Gopher fans really have that big an inferiority complex? This person could have at least said something to the effect that they would only sell them to another Gopher fan and stopped wasting my time and jerking my chain, instead of stringing me along like we had a deal, only to pull the rug out.

Anybody else ever have that happen at an out of town venue? Sure wish you could rate sellers or give feedback on sellers on Craigslist like you can on E-bay. Rant over.:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

TheDoctor
11-22-2008, 06:53 PM
As much as I'd like to believe your theory, I think it's more about being lazy. Seriously. He wanted to put them in the mail and have them arrive in the Cities the next day. Or, say "I'll leave them up front with my secretary" and then expect the local buyer to pick them up. Just my guess. ;)

IzzyFlexion
11-23-2008, 01:45 PM
90Bison,
I know that there are still tickets available on ticketsnow.com and stubhub.com
Yes, you'll pay more especially on ticketsnow but at least you won't get yanked around. I've used both here in Chicago and have had good experiences.