PDA

View Full Version : Jackrabbit siting!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Wed night after leaving Candlewood hotel from working on a group project...and turning on the car lights you look out in front of you and there were 4 jackrabbits in the field between Candlewood and the west lot.....

They are here!!!! Next morning there was only 1 sighting of a jackrabbit....either:

-someones been hunting!
- or They got scared and ran off

Anyone else in the student section up for wearing some orange hats???? Or anyone else in the stadium period???????????

NDSUdonny
11-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm going to wear a suit made out of rabbit fur and my Bison hat! I've been hunting for a while to get ready for this one...

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm going to wear a suit made out of rabbit fur and my Bison hat! I've been hunting for a while to get ready for this one...

That's appropriate. We grilled Bison Ribeyes for tailgate down here before we grilled you in the game! Can't make the trip this year but I've got my steak marinating as we speak!

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Bison!"

Good luck tomorrow!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
That's appropriate. We grilled Bison Ribeyes for tailgate down here before we grilled you in the game! Can't make the trip this year but I've got my steak marinating as we speak!

Good luck tomorrow!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

same to you.....you able to get a web feed or on tv?

OldBison
11-21-2008, 05:07 PM
same to you.....you able to get a web feed or on tv?

How lucky Bunnies are that NDSU is forward thinking enough to televise the game and make it available to those who cannot attend in person. What a novel thought!! Thank you Gene and please, please, please help your dear friend Fred. He seems terribly confused about what to do in this regard.:D

bisonhusker
11-21-2008, 05:09 PM
I love all the Wabbit fans...."I can't make it to the game this weekend...but," Yeah yeah yeah. You guys have the smallest fanbase around. We packed your house...and then lost. You guys get your 1000 tickets up here. You may have a good team...great quarterback, but if this was a marathon (recruiting, donating, fan support, facilities), you would be losing. Enjoy the game on Saturday. NDSU will be there!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
will you be in your same spot husker??? Sounds like we'll have to be joining you!

bisonmike2
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM

Good luck tomorrow!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Oddily enough we've been known to eat Bison before football games as well. NDSU usually has a bison burger feed before homecoming. I've always been a little disturbed by this.

bisondad
11-21-2008, 05:40 PM
We cooked up about 200 bison burgers at our farm after the Gopher game last year. You're right, something did seem wrong about that. Luckily we had plenty of beer to go with it so nobody cared.........

BlueBisonRock
11-21-2008, 05:43 PM
We cooked up about 200 bison burgers at our farm after the Gopher game last year. You're right, something did seem wrong about that. Luckily we had plenty of beer to go with it so nobody cared.........

You made the right choice. Bison burgers compared to Gopher burgers? No comparison! :D :D :D

IzzyFlexion
11-21-2008, 05:55 PM
You made the right choice. Bison burgers compared to Gopher burgers? No comparison! :D :D :D

Now, if you talkin gopher gravy.............
http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/eyecreatures/jed.jpg
Weeeellllllllll doggies!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I love all the Wabbit fans...."I can't make it to the game this weekend...but," Yeah yeah yeah. You guys have the smallest fanbase around. We packed your house...and then lost. You guys get your 1000 tickets up here. You may have a good team...great quarterback, but if this was a marathon (recruiting, donating, fan support, facilities), you would be losing. Enjoy the game on Saturday. NDSU will be there!!!

Ahhhhhhh, the irony in your name being bisonhusker. Two teams that just aren't what they used to be. Don't want to go all smack with this but you took the swing at me.

Listen, I love your tradition, admire the way your fans show up whether the game is home or away, and I hope that SDSU is able to start our own tradition. We have been behind for years in many of the areas you mention but we are making serious progress. Our football fan base has been growing and it needs to continue.

You guys do have some serious advantage by being in a bigger city, better facility (even though outdoor football rules), and a really strong organization like Teammakers. Hats off to you. That being said, we have obviously closed the gap on the field and it can't be looked at as any kind of fluke when we beat you. Obviously, we haven't cracked that in your house but that could very well happen tomorrow.

Good luck to you and let's keep it classy!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

bisonmike2
11-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the irony in your name being bisonhusker. Two teams that just aren't what they used to be. Don't want to go all smack with this but you took the swing at me.

Listen, I love your tradition, admire the way your fans show up whether the game is home or away, and I hope that SDSU is able to start our own tradition. We have been behind for years in many of the areas you mention but we are making serious progress. Our football fan base has been growing and it needs to continue.

You guys do have some serious advantage by being in a bigger city, better facility (even though outdoor football rules), and a really strong organization like Teammakers. Hats off to you. That being said, we have obviously closed the gap on the field and it can't be looked at as any kind of fluke when we beat you. Obviously, we haven't cracked that in your house but that could very well happen tomorrow.

Good luck to you and let's keep it classy!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

It won't be a fluke, IF you win. At least I won't consider it to be a fluke. SDSU has been impressive over the last 5 years. You guys went from being a mediorce DII school to a big time challenger in FCS. In some ways it's more impressive than what NDSU has done in the same amount of time. Sure we weren't winning championships when we made the move but I think alot of us expected to be good in FCS. Football is our sport at NDSU. It's what we're known for. It's difficult for myself to say, but SDSU has come out of nowhere and in some ways, kind of showed us up in the very sport we pride ourselves on being the best at. We will get beat by you guys in Fargo someday. That is inevitable. But I wouldn't mind that streak being pushed out to 100 years or so.

bisonmike2
11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Kolpack speaks out and picks....well who the hell does he pick? He basically says SDSU's offense is awesome, NDSU's defense is good, and on a neutral site SDSU would kick our ass. But then he ends with the home team has won the D-1 series for a reason. Sounds like he's covering all his bases.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

bisonhusker
11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey Superbunny......

I don't disagree with anything. You guys are amazing. I am not joking either. WIth all due respect, we have all the advantages (city, size, corporate money, teammakers...etc) and you guys have basically went through the transition as our equal. It has been impressive.

The difference in fanbase is a huge difference in my opinion. Yes, you have won the games in Brookings the last two times there, but if you are in your home stadium, and the road team has taken it over.....it has to be deflating. But, we agree on that. Good luck this weekend. Your QB is a stud and our QB has really struggled. I hope that is not the difference. I hope we can catch a break like you did last year. (wait, that was about 19 breaks...ha)
Good luck

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 07:57 PM
It won't be a fluke, IF you win. At least I won't consider it to be a fluke. SDSU has been impressive over the last 5 years. You guys went from being a mediorce DII school to a big time challenger in FCS. In some ways it's more impressive than what NDSU has done in the same amount of time. Sure we weren't winning championships when we made the move but I think alot of us expected to be good in FCS. Football is our sport at NDSU. It's what we're known for. It's difficult for myself to say, but SDSU has come out of nowhere and in some ways, kind of showed us up in the very sport we pride ourselves on being the best at. We will get beat by you guys in Fargo someday. That is inevitable. But I wouldn't mind that streak being pushed out to 100 years or so.

You may have a couple more losses than you would like this year but I don't think that anyone could say you haven't been succesful at the FCS level. You have wins over BCS programs and have been competitive with anyone. Everything is in place for NDSU to be strong for a long time to come.

SDSU is just starting to climb that level. We were so mediocre for so long. The fans are getting a taste of success and loving it. There is no doubt that we hope to build a program with a tradition much like NDSU and UNI. Hopefully that doesn't mean we need a dome. Nothing gets people involved and excited like winning.

The Fargo Dome is the place to be on a football Saturday. It is an awesome environment. It is really a bummer I can't be there tomorrow night. I'm really going to be sick if my beloved Jacks end the Fargo curse and I'm not there.

Classy post bisonmike2! Good luck tomorrow!

To the winner goes the Marker!

SUPERBUNNY

CarringtonBison
11-21-2008, 08:02 PM
HOLY CRAP!! civilized talk between opponents the day before the game. be careful the sky may be falling :)

excellent posts to all you. I think there is a deserved mutual respect between the two programs.

Look forward to a great game tomorrow.

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Superbunny......

I don't disagree with anything. You guys are amazing. I am not joking either. WIth all due respect, we have all the advantages (city, size, corporate money, teammakers...etc) and you guys have basically went through the transition as our equal. It has been impressive.

The difference in fanbase is a huge difference in my opinion. Yes, you have won the games in Brookings the last two times there, but if you are in your home stadium, and the road team has taken it over.....it has to be deflating. But, we agree on that. Good luck this weekend. Your QB is a stud and our QB has really struggled. I hope that is not the difference. I hope we can catch a break like you did last year. (wait, that was about 19 breaks...ha)
Good luck

I don't know that it is deflating but it would have been nice to see more blue there instead of green. It made for a great atmosphere that's for sure! As a result, we sold a lot more season tickets this year than we ever have before. I hope it continues until all we have available for NDSU is 1,000 tickets. Is it likely, who knows?

We get a ton of support from the entire state and especially Sioux Falls but we never will be able to quite compete with being in the largest town in the state. The other things we can work on addressing. Obviously, a win up there would go along ways in selling a bunch more tickets next year when you travel our way.

Have a great time at the game! Good luck! To the victor goes the Marker!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

bisonhusker
11-21-2008, 08:13 PM
well said. The game is going to be sweet. Jack fans are in for a treat during the tailgate as well.....paved parking lots! Ha. Enjoy the short road trip and hopefully the game will be a classic. Go Bison

fargocyclone
11-22-2008, 02:57 AM
Rabbit siting?? I saw a bunch flat on the road on the way to Fargo as I was driving up from Iowa...

McBison
11-22-2008, 04:10 AM
Hey Superbunny......

Good luck

AMAZING? Barf.