PDA

View Full Version : Drago - Call the Steelers!!!!!!!

BisManBison
11-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I think I'm going to switch jobs and become an NFL personnel director. As long as you sign players to fill holes with NFL experience, you are apparently safe.

The Steelers brought in Paul Ernster to replace Mitch Berger (strained hamstring) who replaced Daniel Sepulveda (torn ACL). Here are his stats for the last two weeks:

Week 10 vs Chargers: 4 punts with an average of 31 yards
Week 11 vs Bungals: 5 punts with an average of 28.4 yards

And for those of you who are not Steelers fans, no, he was not trying to pin either team deep for most of those punts (maybe one), most of these were the type where you are trying to turn the field over. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. If it weren't for their defense, the punting against the Chargers would have cost them that game.

Drago, have your agent call the Steelers. Based on Coach Tomlin's comments after the game, I'm sure they'll be looking for an upgrade.

MAKBison
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
U beat me to it. Drago have your agent call the PS ASAP!!!!!

From a PS sport writter--http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/

BOUCHETTE: Thank you, I think. Ernster may be gone by the time you read this. He apparently suffers from stage shock, and it hit him in Pittsburgh the way it did in Cleveland and Denver. I believe they let him punt one more game Thursday because he also holds for Jeff Reed. Maybe they need to have Hines Ward just go ahead and do that because with Ernster gone, Reed will have his fourth holder this year, counting Daniel Sepulveda in training camp. Maybe they can scout the WPIAL finals Saturday and find a punter there.

westnodak93bison
11-22-2008, 06:08 AM
here are the nfl punting stats
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/leaders/NFL/PNT/2008/regular

assuming all things even out between college and pros-- meaning coverages/protections/return ability are a wash--- or no additional advantage or disadvantage for the punter being in the NFL vs. college

here are Drago's stats from the past 3 yrs and how they would rank vs. NFL stats

07 42.2 gross rank 23rd ; net 31 rank close to last
06 46.2 gross rank 7th ; net 36 rank 23rd
05 45.1 gross rank 12th ; net 39 rank 10th

Berger's stats are 41.9 gross rank 25th and net 38.1 rank 20th
Ernster's stats are 31.6 gross rank last ; net 31.3 rank last

WildBill
11-22-2008, 07:11 PM
drago has to work on getting his punts off faster. That is the only reason he doesn't have a job