PDA

View Full Version : Associated Press Article NDSU/SDSU Marker & MVC

twowheels
11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Quotes from Stiegelmeier about the Jack's 2008 Schedule.

"The grind of the conference has made SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier question the wisdom of his team’s nonconference schedule. He wishes the Jackrabbits would have scheduled a total of 11 games instead of 12, or three nonconference games instead of four.

“In reality, I think it wears you out when you play in the Missouri Valley,” Stiegelmeier said of a 12-game schedule."

Quotes from Ebel about the Missouri Valley Congerence & the marker.

“We knew what was going on. We knew this was one of the premier conferences in America,” said Gerry Ebel, NDSU’s starting left tackle from Yankton, S.D. “But that’s how we wanted it. We didn’t want to go into a pattycake conference where it was going to be easy to beat every team by 40 points.”

“I didn’t expect our record to be this way. We’ve definitely been real up and down,” Ebel said. “The way that everybody persevered is something that I knew would happen if this happened. People have not gone belly-up. We keep looking toward the future.”

Saturday’s game at the Fargodome will decide the owner of the Dakota Marker Trophy, which was introduced four years ago to spice up the matchup after the teams stopped playing longtime in-state rivals. Ebel arrived on NDSU’s campus the year after the Bison stopped playing the University of North Dakota.

“I haven’t known any other rival,” Ebel said. “I think the rivalry against South Dakota State has just kind of built up. It’s fun for me to play against my home state. Also, the Dakota Marker is starting to become a big thing. We’ve got to get that rock back.”

mebisonII
11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Quotes from Stiegelmeier about the Jack's 2008 Schedule.

"The grind of the conference has made SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier question the wisdom of his team’s nonconference schedule. He wishes the Jackrabbits would have scheduled a total of 11 games instead of 12, or three nonconference games instead of four.

“In reality, I think it wears you out when you play in the Missouri Valley,” Stiegelmeier said of a 12-game schedule."

Quotes from Ebel about the Missouri Valley Congerence & the marker.

“We knew what was going on. We knew this was one of the premier conferences in America,” said Gerry Ebel, NDSU’s starting left tackle from Yankton, S.D. “But that’s how we wanted it. We didn’t want to go into a pattycake conference where it was going to be easy to beat every team by 40 points.”

“I didn’t expect our record to be this way. We’ve definitely been real up and down,” Ebel said. “The way that everybody persevered is something that I knew would happen if this happened. People have not gone belly-up. We keep looking toward the future.”

Saturday’s game at the Fargodome will decide the owner of the Dakota Marker Trophy, which was introduced four years ago to spice up the matchup after the teams stopped playing longtime in-state rivals. Ebel arrived on NDSU’s campus the year after the Bison stopped playing the University of North Dakota.

“I haven’t known any other rival,” Ebel said. “I think the rivalry against South Dakota State has just kind of built up. It’s fun for me to play against my home state. Also, the Dakota Marker is starting to become a big thing. We’ve got to get that rock back.”

It must be turning into a rivalry, because the thought of losing rather turns my stomach. So, naturally, I've decided we will win. :)

stevdock
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM

Very interesting part of his quote that we sometimes forget. We have so few kids from the area now that the NDSU-UND thing is really non-existant among alot of our players. SDSU has become that rivalry game. I just hope that it never turns as nasty as the UND one did, but I imagine that's only a matter of time.

BisonNeil
11-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I just hope that it never turns as nasty as the UND one did, but I imagine that's only a matter of time.

I agree, I hope it remains a solid respectful rivalry. I think it has a good chance to be that since there is a bit of kindred spiritual link between the two universities because they went DI together. Unlike some other school who spat on us and ridiculed us for making such a foolish decision.

CaBisonFan
11-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I agree, I hope it remains a solid respectful rivalry. I think it has a good chance to be that since there is a bit of kindred spiritual link between the two universities because they went DI together. Unlike some other school who spat on us and ridiculed us for making such a foolish decision.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

McBison
11-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Is everyone doing the +'s now?

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Very interesting part of his quote that we sometimes forget. We have so few kids from the area now that the NDSU-UND thing is really non-existant among alot of our players. SDSU has become that rivalry game. I just hope that it never turns as nasty as the UND one did, but I imagine that's only a matter of time.

Everyone at SDSU feels the same way and hope that this will continue to be a classy rivalry that stands the test of time.

We all throw a little smack and have some fun but we respect your programs and enjoy the rivlary.

Best of luck to both teams Saturday. Let's have a great game that will only add to the rivalry. The last four games have been a lot of fun.

SUPERBUNNY

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 02:32 PM

Or our rival that tried to block us in every way and spread fecal matter in our locker room on our last trip to their crap hole.

I don't miss that stuff one bit!

SUPERBUNNY

sambini
11-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Well said ++++++++++++++++++++

scottheck
11-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Is everyone doing the +'s now?

+++++++++++++++++++++

BisonNeil
11-21-2008, 03:05 PM
.. and spread fecal matter in our locker room on our last trip to their crap hole.

Are you serious? That really happened? I didn't hear about that. Wow, complete lack of class. Okay, you win, your version of the UXD is worse than ours since I can't top that.

SUPERBUNNY
11-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Are you serious? That really happened? I didn't hear about that. Wow, complete lack of class. Okay, you win, your version of the UXD is worse than ours since I can't top that.

It most definitely did happen. It was the WBB's last trip to Vermillion and some students broke into the locker room and throw feces all over the showers and stuff.

Yep, things were out of control there. It starts at the top and prevailed all the way down to the students.

You are a classy outfit up there and we sure try to be the same.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Everyone at SDSU feels the same way and hope that this will continue to be a classy rivalry that stands the test of time.

We all throw a little smack and have some fun but we respect your programs and enjoy the rivlary.

Best of luck to both teams Saturday. Let's have a great game that will only add to the rivalry. The last four games have been a lot of fun.

SUPERBUNNY

yeah it sure has been a great 4 years, even though we lost last year, but having ndsu travel like that and making it 40% bison-50% bison was great to see....My dad had a bad cold that week but he ended up going with us on the trip when he never even goes here, he's just not a football guy but felt it would be a great time which it was....see you tomorrow!!!

rabidrabbit
11-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Had a great time at the SDSU/NDSU Watch Party in ATL. Split about half Jacks/ half Bison fans.

Watched off the Web feed, on a 10' x 15' Projected screen Looked good, but would be nice to see the info on score/time, tied to Bison Radio announcer.

Used the SDSU WNAX call instead.

Very respectful both ways, enjoyed the Jackrabbit Brats and Bison Burgers brought in by the organizer.