PDA

View Full Version : Sounds of the Gridiron

TbonZach
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Are you tired of plain old boring Sundays?

Are you tired of watching the Vikings loose yet again?

Do you wish you could hear the Gold Star Marching Band's show music one more time?

Now you can! This Sunday is the GSMB's annual "Sounds of the Gridiron" concert!

Not only can you hear On Bison and Fight Song" you can also hear the theme from Batman, great hits from the band Journey, and Bend Me Shape Me!

Plus, as an added bonus, you can also hear band favourites! Songs such as Late in the Evening and Hey Baby!

And if you act now we'll also send you various section stand charts, including Bison to the Fore!

This is a limited time offer! Act now and plan to attend the Gold Star Marching Band's "Sounds of the Gridiron" concert!

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!!!! .....at 2:00pm in the Benson-Bunker Fieldhouse!

sambini
11-21-2008, 03:48 AM
Wish I could be there.

mebisonII
11-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Wish I could be there as well. Worth mentioning that this is also typically the funniest concert put on by an NDSU ensemble!

Its in BBF, aye? Will you be doing some drill or something?

BigDeal
11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
The concert moved to the BBF a couple years ago because of a scheduling conflict, I believe. In the end, the majority of students prefered the venue. Now, because of the size of the band alone, it has to be in the BBF or get moved to the BSA. I would prefer the band move to the BSA because 165 or so college musicians playing loud in a small space will kill the ears. The BSA is slightly more elevated so one could sit where there wouldn't be horns blasting in their face. However, if concert attendance begins to rise with the new GSB (which it will), it will be forced to move there.

The Sounds of the Gridiron concert is really a good concert to attend (for free even). However, I wish I had gone through with my plan to steal Hey Baby, Land of a Thousand Dances, and Gimme Some Lovin' and burn them after graduation so they would never be played again.

El_Chapitan
11-21-2008, 07:54 PM
The Sounds of the Gridiron concert is really a good concert to attend (for free even). However, I wish I had gone through with my plan to steal Hey Baby, Land of a Thousand Dances, and Gimme Some Lovin' and burn them after graduation so they would never be played again.

I think that there are too many veterans that know those by heart for you to ever be able to do that. But definitely the most entertaining concert of the year. Too bad I live in Minneapolis.

BisBison
11-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Just got back to Mandan after the sounds of the Gridiron concert. Great concert and great half-time show yesterday. Definitely the highlight of the weekend. (Well tailgating was good too).

DjKyRo
01-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Most def an awesome concert; I'm a freshman new to the band from a small town, and it was great to be a part of; our director was talking and we all start making popping noises and doing stuff to distract the crowd, it was a great time.

Hammersmith
01-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Most def an awesome concert; I'm a freshman new to the band from a small town, and it was great to be a part of; our director was talking and we all start making popping noises and doing stuff to distract the crowd, it was a great time.

I seem to remember the band swaying back and forth like 150 metronomes way back when I was in it. I'm sure we did other stuff, but I'm drawing a blank.

mebisonII
01-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I seem to remember the band swaying back and forth like 150 metronomes way back when I was in it. I'm sure we did other stuff, but I'm drawing a blank.

* Playing the wrong song when the drum majors tried to kick something off

* Two members having a cell phone conversation across the stage (Festival concert hall at the time) while the director introduced a song

* A drum major doing the worm across the stage

* Random screaming of quotes from Monty Python ("your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!")

Thats just a few that come to mind.

(man, band kids are weird)

TbonZach
01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
* Playing the wrong song when the drum majors tried to kick something off

* Two members having a cell phone conversation across the stage (Festival concert hall at the time) while the director introduced a song

* A drum major doing the worm across the stage

* Random screaming of quotes from Monty Python ("your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!")

*A trumpet player doing a suggestive dance during the Stripper.

*The entire trombone section emptying their spit valves on a DM's shoes.

TbonZach
11-22-2009, 03:20 AM
That's right, folks. It's that time of year again.

Are you tired of plain old boring Sundays?

Are you tired of watching Bison football lose yet again and waking up the next morning with a hangover after a night of drowning your sorrows?

Do you wish you could hear the Gold Star Marching Band one more time?

Now you can! This Sunday (tomorrow) is the GSMB's annual "Sounds of the Gridiron" concert!

Not only can you hear On Bison and Fight Song, you can also hear Freebird, Bohemian Rhapsody, and the crowd favourite - Thrller!

Plus, as an added bonus, you can also hear band favourites! Songs such as Pretty Fly(?) and Hey Baby!

And if you act now we'll also send you various section stand charts, including Coconut Champagne!

This is a limited time offer! Act now and plan to attend the Gold Star Marching Band's "Sounds of the Gridiron" concert!

Most Marching Band concert tickets cost $19.99. Well these tickets aren't $19.99. They aren't even $9.99. If you act by 2:00 Sunday, your tickets will be free! That's right, I said FREE! As a matter of fact there won't even be tickets to be had! There will be no admission charge or tickets to see the Gold Star Marching Band! We've gone CRAAAAAZY!!!!

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!!!! .....at 2:00pm in the Benson-Bunker Fieldhouse!