PDA

View Full Version : Student tickets

DIGRAPPLER
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I just talked to my niece who is a freshman and when she picked up her ticket this morning they told her there were 1200 tickets left!!!!!!! For other games arent the student tickets gone in two days? What is going on with the students? Any students on this board that can help rally the troops? Can the athetics deparment sell the unused student tickets?

HoopsBison
11-20-2008, 04:57 PM
First two games were that case, gone in two days.

I think there hasnt been enough advertising on campus for this game, its been quite a while since the last home game that the student who doesnt follow closely might not be aware of it.

ndsubison1
11-20-2008, 05:30 PM
I just talked to my niece who is a freshman and when she picked up her ticket this morning they told her there were 1200 tickets left!!!!!!! For other games arent the student tickets gone in two days? What is going on with the students? Any students on this board that can help rally the troops? Can the athetics deparment sell the unused student tickets?

I've been asking around and trying to get some ppl to go pick up tickets and get to the game... I'll do my best to try and get more...

ndsubison1
11-20-2008, 05:31 PM
First two games were that case, gone in two days.

I think there hasnt been enough advertising on campus for this game, its been quite a while since the last home game that the student who doesnt follow closely might not be aware of it.

I agree, they need more advertising... they dont give our athletic programs enough exposure, at least they could do a little more... pretty much all they do is send out emails

NDSUstudent
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
They should hand out the tickets in the Union and not in the BSA, and yeah the school hardly bothers in promoting athletics to students.

Bisonfan1
11-20-2008, 05:41 PM
They should hand out the tickets in the Union and not in the BSA, and yeah the school hardly bothers in promoting athletics to students.

Would that work though ? Wouldnt anybody just grab some with no intensions of going to the game ? I think by making the students go to the BSA to pick them up, is getting tickets into the hands of people that will probably attend the game. My thoughts.

duluthbison
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM
There was a message sent to the student listserv last night at 9:37. There has been virtually NO advertisement on campus besides an email or two!!:banghead:

Subject: This Week in Bison Athletics: Dakota Marker Game
From: "ANNOUNCEment Listserv" <ndsusg.techcomm@GMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, November 19, 2008 9:37 pm
To: NDSU-STUDENT-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU

The annual game between NDSU and SDSU will take place this Saturday at the
Fargodome when the two schools do battle for the coveted Dakota Marker in
a tradition that was started four years ago after both schools made the
jump to from Division II to Division I. Currently SDSU is in possession
of this trophy and we need to bring it back to where it belongs! The
history of the Dakota Marker may be only a few years old, but the history
between these two teams is nothing new. The Bison lead the all-time
series 51-38-5 and look to continue those winning ways on Saturday. Be
sure to pick up your student tickets today and don't miss the 5th annual
Dakota Marker game this Saturday at the Fargodome!

There was also another message earlier this week or possibly last week but I may have deleted it out of my mailbox.
I grabbed my ticket on monday and I can't wait for the game!! I just wish the rest of the student body felt the same way

chuckles
11-20-2008, 06:07 PM
There was a message sent to the student listserv last night at 9:37. There has been virtually NO advertisement on campus besides an email or two!!:banghead:

There was also another message earlier this week or possibly last week but I may have deleted it out of my mailbox.
I grabbed my ticket on monday and I can't wait for the game!! I just wish the rest of the student body felt the same way

Should be doing something a little more IMO! I've got my tix and my friends do too, being mostly seniors this could be our last Bison FB game in the student section (until we sneak in next year!)

NDSUstudent
11-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Would that work though ? Wouldnt anybody just grab some with no intensions of going to the game ? I think by making the students go to the BSA to pick them up, is getting tickets into the hands of people that will probably attend the game. My thoughts.

I suppose that is the risk, but I think getting the tickets out are the 3/4 the battle. Once a person has a ticket and I think they are more likely to show up.

McBison
11-20-2008, 07:15 PM

No one f@#$^%& reads those. NDSU spams the students to the point that they all just get deleted...

clenz
11-20-2008, 07:32 PM
How does student ticketing work up there? Are they free or do you have to buy a package?

Down here are UNI the tickets, for all sports, are built into our tuition. UNI advertises like crazy to get students to the games. We have TV commercials on every channel, radio commericails on every radio staion in the Cedar Falls area, e-mails from sports marketing, and flyers all over campus. It works pretty well, but fighting with Iowa and Iowa State poses a challenge us UNI as 99.9% of Iowan's grow up Iowa or Iowa State fans.

The students, for football, have to go pick them up at one of the ticket offices on campus. However, for a couple games there was a set up in the Union on campus so that it was more convienent to get the ticket.

I can see both sides of wanting the tickets in the union. Yes, it does give people the chance to pick up a ticket just to look like they are going and then not go...possibly taking a ticket from someone who wants to go. At the same time, however, it does make it more accessible to all students, and may remind them to get their ticket.

I hope the students do show up for your game though. I hate it when the fellow students here at UNI a)don't show b)show, then leave early c)show and not care about the UNI game because they are more interested in the Iowa or Iowa State game, or d) a combo of b and c......sadly D is the most common.

duluthbison
11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
How does student ticketing work up there? Are they free or do you have to buy a package?

Down here are UNI the tickets, for all sports, are built into our tuition. UNI advertises like crazy to get students to the games. We have TV commercials on every channel, radio commericails on every radio staion in the Cedar Falls area, e-mails from sports marketing, and flyers all over campus. It works pretty well, but fighting with Iowa and Iowa State poses a challenge us UNI as 99.9% of Iowan's grow up Iowa or Iowa State fans.

The students, for football, have to go pick them up at one of the ticket offices on campus. However, for a couple games there was a set up in the Union on campus so that it was more convienent to get the ticket.

I can see both sides of wanting the tickets in the union. Yes, it does give people the chance to pick up a ticket just to look like they are going and then not go...possibly taking a ticket from someone who wants to go. At the same time, however, it does make it more accessible to all students, and may remind them to get their ticket.

I hope the students do show up for your game though. I hate it when the fellow students here at UNI a)don't show b)show, then leave early c)show and not care about the UNI game because they are more interested in the Iowa or Iowa State game, or d) a combo of b and c......sadly D is the most common.

Its kind of the same deal up here, all students pay the athletics fee which allows us to get into sporting events for free. All we have to do is show up at the Bison Sports Arena, show our student ID and they will then give us a ticket. Once we are at the game, we show our id and they take our ticket.

The only problem is that the BSA is at the far north end of campus and it is not very convenient for most students to get tickets. Also there is virtually no advertisement that I know of. There maybe something on the evening news sports section and maybe a snippet in the paper somewhere. But there are no fliers, no one set up in our student union to sell tickets, no radio exposure, and no tv ads:banghead: :banghead:

And then they wonder why half of the student section has been empty....no one even knows when there is a game!!!

clenz
11-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Its kind of the same deal up here, all students pay the athletics fee which allows us to get into sporting events for free. All we have to do is show up at the Bison Sports Arena, show our student ID and they will then give us a ticket. Once we are at the game, we show our id and they take our ticket.

The only problem is that the BSA is at the far north end of campus and it is not very convenient for most students to get tickets. Also there is virtually no advertisement that I know of. There maybe something on the evening news sports section and maybe a snippet in the paper somewhere. But there are no fliers, no one set up in our student union to sell tickets, no radio exposure, and no tv ads:banghead: :banghead:

And then they wonder why half of the student section has been empty....no one even knows when there is a game!!!
Not going to lie, if you had the kind of exposure than UNI puts out, you would probably draw about 20,-22,000 a week. There is a UNI football, mens basketball, womens basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, etc... depending on the season, on during almost every commercial break. This is pretty easy to do in Cedar Falls though since Cedar Falls Utilities is a big UNI supporter and runs the cable for all of Cedar Falls

UNI puts out so much advertising it is insane. However, it needs to be done to fight Iowa and Iowa State for fans.

If the BSA is out of the way, the Union is a great idea. The two offices at UNI are on the edge of campus, but easily reachable, since our campus is pretty tight, one is in the Dome/McLeod Center the other is in the Performing Arts Center (the building with the all glass front for those who were in Cedar Falls). The Union is right in the center of Campus here so it is very easy to get a ticket

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 07:49 PM
There werent any student tickets left over for the first two games. So what do the students think that there are only 2 games in a season????
There isnt any reason to put the tickets at the union. If a student REALLY wants to go to the game they will make there way to the BSA.

One must remember that many students dont give a squat about sports or other activities.
PL

duluthbison
11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
There werent any student tickets left over for the first two games. So what do the students think that there are only 2 games in a season????
There isnt any reason to put the tickets at the union. If a student REALLY wants to go to the game they will make there way to the BSA.

One must remember that many students dont give a squat about sports or other activities.
PL

You may be true but going to a game is a really big social events for many students. They may not know much about football but they will be there because most of their friends are going.

And I am convinced that putting someone at the tables outside of the Bookstore in the Union to sell football tickets would get many more people to the games. Because face it, the BSA is a long walk for someone who may only have class in Minard hall and who also live off campus. I think if this were to be tried at NDSU, you would see a large increase in the number of students showing up to games.

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM

PL

Back in the day :blush: , Home football games were a good reason to party. Pre-party (this was well before tailgating), pull the chariot (from south of the library) to Dakotah Field, Get into the game, Cheer a victory (most games) usually wondering who that guy was at Center :D , pull the chariot home, and party into the evening.

All home games were known and were the central part of the social calendar. The crowds were not as big as today, but there was always excellent student participation.

Again, most students knew the schedule and planned around it. Some chose not to go. Others packed the suitcase and went home. Most of the students I knew went to the game.

UTH
11-20-2008, 08:36 PM
You may be true but going to a game is a really big social events for many students. They may not know much about football but they will be there because most of their friends are going.

And I am convinced that putting someone at the tables outside of the Bookstore in the Union to sell football tickets would get many more people to the games. Because face it, the BSA is a long walk for someone who may only have class in Minard hall and who also live off campus. I think if this were to be tried at NDSU, you would see a large increase in the number of students showing up to games.

When I was there, they handed out tickets to the games in GF* from the Info Desk in the Union. I just assumed that they'd be doing it from the same desk for the FFD today.

*yes, pl, i even went to games against teams with which there is no longer a rivalry;)

UTH
11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Back in the day :blush: , Home football games were a good reason to party. Pre-party (this was well before tailgating), pull the chariot (from south of the library) to Dakotah Field, Get into the game, Cheer a victory (most games) usually wondering who that guy was at Center :D , pull the chariot home, and party into the evening.

Before they invented tailgating???http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/bigeeksmilies.gif

You s'pose that's because Mr. Lakes wasn't born yet?

Hart
11-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm a student senator here at NDSU and deal extensively with issues people have regarding tickets. A lot of people don't like having to go to the BSA to get the tickets, but as far as this year goes -- that has been the policy. If you want to go to the games, you have to walk there and get them. This turns of a lot of people. Last year and in years past they just had to stand in line and have their card swiped. Some don't like the fact that you could wait in line now and still not get in if you don't have a ticket.

We're working for ways to improve more room for the students, and get better access and availability to the students. In cases like this, I'd like to see the student tickets be sold as general admission if they aren't willing to pick them up and go to the game. There are plenty of people in the public who would love the tickets.

On the other hand, students pay a ridiculous amount of student fees towards athletics on a yearly basis and they do a very poor job in terms of advertising. If any of you guys have questions regarding tickets and stuff, I'm sure I could help you out and get you some more information.

fargocyclone
11-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I still think "not knowing when the game is" is a horrible excuse....

BigBison
11-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I hate to say it but you guys are proably going to be dissapointed with the student turnout. I dont know what we could do to get more students there. The first couple games this year were totally awesome, 4,000+ all in yellow, it was a mini-Penn State white-out like scene. Homecoming was a good crowd. Western and ISU totally sucked. This game will be better but not sold out. Hardly any yellow out feel too as most students will be in jackets and sweaters.

clenz
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm a student senator here at NDSU and deal extensively with issues people have regarding tickets. A lot of people don't like having to go to the BSA to get the tickets, but as far as this year goes -- that has been the policy. If you want to go to the games, you have to walk there and get them. This turns of a lot of people. Last year and in years past they just had to stand in line and have their card swiped. Some don't like the fact that you could wait in line now and still not get in if you don't have a ticket.

We're working for ways to improve more room for the students, and get better access and availability to the students. In cases like this, I'd like to see the student tickets be sold as general admission if they aren't willing to pick them up and go to the game. There are plenty of people in the public who would love the tickets.

On the other hand, students pay a ridiculous amount of student fees towards athletics on a yearly basis and they do a very poor job in terms of advertising. If any of you guys have questions regarding tickets and stuff, I'm sure I could help you out and get you some more information.Selling the left over tickets is a great idea. UNI puts all left over tickets up for sale at 1PM on the Saturday of the game. I think that is too late to do it though. I would think Thursday or Friday would be a good day to start selling them if they aren't claimed

rutlandbison
11-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Selling the left over tickets is a great idea. UNI puts all left over tickets up for sale at 1PM on the Saturday of the game. I think that is too late to do it though. I would think Thursday or Friday would be a good day to start selling them if they aren't claimed
I agree. You make a good point it would bring extra revenue to NDSU and get the empty seats filled. Our biggest problem this year has been the season ticket holders not showing up and just leaving "Blue hair" where they sit. (our chairs are blue if you didnt know)

ndsubison1
11-20-2008, 10:20 PM
A lot of students really dont know when games are, I have people ask me all the time if there is a game during the week... but being too lazy to walk to the BSA to get a ticket is a terrible excuse, most of the dorms are pretty much right by it or across the street. you're telling me ppl want to go to the games, but they can't because they're too lazy to walk over to get a damn ticket, wow that's sad. I think everybody is to blame, we obviously need our school to advertise more about our athletic programs around campus

tjbison
11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
I still think "not knowing when the game is" is a horrible excuse....

All the excuses are lame, I planed my schedule and yes that involves a job that requires extensive travel, around the games! How can you be a student and not know about the games??? unless you've been locked in a closet

NDSUstudent
11-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I think giving the tickets out in the union is the greatest promotion that can be had. When people see table or whatever setup they use, they'll know there is a game and they will be able to get their tickets in a convenient central location. The BSA is an island out on the edge of campus, most of the students don't go near the place during their typical day. As an off campus student I'm only near the BSA if I'm going to a basketball game, but I do go to the Union every day.

Regardless of where the tickets are given out the University needs to do a better job of promoting to students. Give away shirts, prizes, or whatever for students that go to games. These students are your future donors/teammakers/supporters, and among other things athletics is a good way to establish a connection with your school.

I also remember there used to be cutouts of basketball players in the union that had a sign attached of when the next game is, and in my opinion those cutouts were probably a much better promotion of games than another spamish email.

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Considering this is supposed to be the electronic information age and doesnt every student have a lap top??? You would think that a simple search would turn up when the next game is.
One other thing. WHY in the hell does anyone have to hold the students hands so they can show up for a football game???
The fact is students are fickle. One game they bitch that there isnt enough tickets for them. Then the next game they are a no show.
Too bad so sad. You get what you got and that it. Period. Show up for the game or start losing your tickets. PL

HerdBot
11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Selling the left over tickets is a great idea. UNI puts all left over tickets up for sale at 1PM on the Saturday of the game. I think that is too late to do it though. I would think Thursday or Friday would be a good day to start selling them if they aren't claimed

Makes perfect sense to me. Just make them GA or put them on top.

ndsubison1
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Considering this is supposed to be the electronic information age and doesnt every student have a lap top??? You would think that a simple search would turn up when the next game is.
One other thing. WHY in the hell does anyone have to hold the students hands so they can show up for a football game???
The fact is students are fickle. One game they bitch that there isnt enough tickets for them. Then the next game they are a no show.
Too bad so sad. You get what you got and that it. Period. Show up for the game or start losing your tickets. PL

i agree! yes I do agree that NDSU should promote the athletic programs more, but the students are to blame as well...

NDSUstudent
11-20-2008, 10:50 PM

Maybe NDSU should stop promoting all together than, just like students, fans are fickle and I guess they'll show up if they show up.

BTW Giving out tickets in the union is hardly holding anyone's hand. It is just putting them in the most convenient place. The BSA couldn't be more out of the way for most students. Why somebody would be opposed to make it easier for students to get their tickets is beyond me.

HerdBot
11-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Maybe NDSU should stop promoting all together than, just like students, fans are fickle and I guess they'll show up if they show up.

BTW Giving out tickets in the union is hardly holding anyone's hand. It is just putting them in the most convenient place. The BSA couldn't be more out of the way for most students. Why somebody would be opposed to make it easier for students to get their tickets is beyond me.

I agree they need to be made available at different locations such as at bb games.

stevdock
11-20-2008, 10:56 PM

This problem exists with the rest of the population too. I know it's an issue right now because the student tickets are the only ones left. But if you couldn't buy tickets for this game until this week, the rest of the tickets would have a hard time selling too. If we had a 9-1 or 8-2 team all these tickets would have been gone a long time ago with most of the seats used on Saturday. A 6-4 team against a 6-5 team just doesn't have the same ring to it, no matter who you are playing. Go back to any season and you will see once the Bison get to 2 or 3 losses in a season, the actual attendance really starts to drop off. It's the way this region has been for a very long time.

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
This problem exists with the rest of the population too. I know it's an issue right now because the student tickets are the only ones left. But if you couldn't buy tickets for this game until this week, the rest of the tickets would have a hard time selling too. If we had a 9-1 or 8-2 team all these tickets would have been gone a long time ago with most of the seats used on Saturday. A 6-4 team against a 6-5 team just doesn't have the same ring to it, no matter who you are playing. Go back to any season and you will see once the Bison get to 2 or 3 losses in a season, the actual attendance really starts to drop off. It's the way this region has been for a very long time.

I posted something to that effect along time ago. But its really nothing new. Look at tickets for sale on ebay for example. The tickets become more numerous and cheap depending on the teams record.
I also posted awhile back that it will be very interesting to see what the attendence will be for this supposed rivalry when both teams dont have the best of records and they arent playing for the conference championship..
PL

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 12:15 AM

Why dont they just go to the BSA???? If they really want to go to the game they will pick up the tickets even if they are in Moorhead.

But then again I guess may be we should deliver the tickets to the students so they wont be inconvenienced. Hows that sound????
Then we can get a bunch of those big yellow buses to pick you up so you wont get lost on the way to the game. I mean since the FFD is so far away from the main campus we wouldnt want anyone to get lost as I am sure most of the students are still wondering what that big ole dome thing is.
PL

NDSUstudent
11-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Why dont they just go to the BSA???? If they really want to go to the game they will pick up the tickets even if they are in Moorhead.

But then again I guess may be we should deliver the tickets to the students so they wont be inconvenienced. Hows that sound????
Then we can get a bunch of those big yellow buses to pick you up so you wont get lost on the way to the game. I mean since the FFD is so far away from the main campus we wouldnt want anyone to get lost as I am sure most of the students are still wondering what that big ole dome thing is.
PL

Why do they sell tickets at Stop N Go, why do they mail tickets out for fans, why do some places let you print tickets out on your computer? Convenience, I still don't understand the outcry here PL, not too hard to hand tickets out in the union. With the logic you show here I bet you make people drive to your house to pick up the feathers that you sell.

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Why do they sell tickets at Stop N Go, why do they mail tickets out for fans, why do some places let you print tickets out on your computer? Convenience, I still don't understand the outcry here PL, not too hard to hand tickets out in the union. With the logic you show here I bet you make people drive to your house to pick up the feathers that you sell.

I was hoping you could see that I was being some what facetious. LOL

But on the other point NO I charge to ship it to them. :D
PL

BlueBisonRock
11-21-2008, 03:15 AM

Nope. He hand delivers them.

sambini
11-21-2008, 03:22 AM
I heard a lot of student tickets left for this game also.

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 04:22 AM
I heard a lot of student tickets left for this game also.

Cant find the BSA????? :D PL

NDSUstudent
11-21-2008, 04:36 AM
Cant find the BSA????? :D PL

I've hired some native guides and have gathered some students, we will be making our quest to this BSA place at dawn. ;) :D

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 04:38 AM
I've been asking around and trying to get some ppl to go pick up tickets and get to the game... I'll do my best to try and get more...

does this mean you're going to the game ming :)

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 04:38 AM
I've hired some native guides and have gathered some students, we will be making our quest to this BSA place at dawn. ;) :D

I have the GPS coordinates if you need them. :D Be sure to pack food and extra warm clothing in case you get lost.:D
PL

NDSUstudent
11-21-2008, 04:47 AM
I have the GPS coordinates if you need them. :D Be sure to pack food and extra warm clothing in case you get lost.:D
PL

Oh we will be packing heavily, we still have to find the dome if our quest to the BSA goes well. I've heard the journey there is so tough many students can't even last one half before having to head home to recuperate. :D :D

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 04:50 AM

PL

Well this isn't correct the first 2 games there were still tickets on either late wed or sometime thursday if i remember right, and the only game that sold tickets by the 2nd day was home coming vs southern illinois, they were gone by 1pm tuesday.

I agree putting them in the union is dumb, yeah they'd go quickly and 5-10% of them prob wouldn't make it to the game because they would find something else to do.

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 04:55 AM
Well this isn't correct the first 2 games there were still tickets on either late wed or sometime thursday if i remember right, and the only game that sold tickets by the 2nd day was home coming vs southern illinois, they were gone by 1pm tuesday.

I agree putting them in the union is dumb, yeah they'd go quickly and 5-10% of them prob wouldn't make it to the game because they would find something else to do.

I didnt mention any time frame. All I said was there werent any left over. PL

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 05:45 AM
I didnt mention any time frame. All I said was there werent any left over. PL

No i wasn't getting at you for anything wrong was just using yours as an example just to let people know that they weren't gone right away except for homecoming game....wasn't trying to be mean bout yours...sorry if it came off that way PL...

Do you plan on making the trip, or you watching from the web?

ndsubison1
11-21-2008, 07:13 AM
does this mean you're going to the game ming :)

YES! :D I have some buds coming from B-Town to the game so I'll see if they want to hit up some tailgating... I hope I meet some Bisonville greats. haha

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
No i wasn't getting at you for anything wrong was just using yours as an example just to let people know that they weren't gone right away except for homecoming game....wasn't trying to be mean bout yours...sorry if it came off that way PL...

Do you plan on making the trip, or you watching from the web?

Will be watching it on the web. Just got home Tuesday from deer hunting in No MN. Dont think I could do another 2000 miles at this moment in time.
But I do want to say I will be there in spirit and sure do miss everyone at the Horny Bison tailgate. Such great people and a lot of fun.
PL

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Will be watching it on the web. Just got home Tuesday from deer hunting in No MN. Dont think I could do another 2000 miles at this moment in time.
But I do want to say I will be there in spirit and sure do miss everyone at the Horny Bison tailgate. Such great people and a lot of fun.
PL

How did hunting go for you this year???

Hopefully we get that slight chance of making the playoffs and then prob see you then, if not....see you next fall!

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 05:37 PM
How did hunting go for you this year???

Hopefully we get that slight chance of making the playoffs and then prob see you then, if not....see you next fall!

The deer were in a strange pattern this year. No big bucks were even seen. We brought home 6 but had to hunt up to the last day. Usually we are cutting up deer by thursday. They made us work for it this year but we sure did have alot of fun. PL

Da_Bizon
11-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Has anyone heard if the student tickets have gone yet? I've got a buddy from "up north" who I am going to try to convert tomorrow... so I need to get him one.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-22-2008, 03:41 AM
Has anyone heard if the student tickets have gone yet? I've got a buddy from "up north" who I am going to try to convert tomorrow... so I need to get him one.

did you end up getting a ticket....da bizon we need those rabbits, i wasn't able to get one GRRRRR....

Da_Bizon
11-22-2008, 04:32 AM
did you end up getting a ticket....da bizon we need those rabbits, i wasn't able to get one GRRRRR....

Yeah, and unfortunately there were way too many tickets left... :(

fan
11-22-2008, 04:51 AM
The students are the first to jump on the wagon and the first to jump off the wagon. Like normal, expect about 2/3 of the students will not make it through 3 quarters. This is after about 1,000 empty student seats to start the game. These tickets need to be sold to the general public if unclaimed three days prior to game day.

HerdBot
11-22-2008, 05:22 AM
The students are the first to jump on the wagon and the first to jump off the wagon. Like normal, expect about 2/3 of the students will not make it through 3 quarters. This is after about 1,000 empty student seats to start the game. These tickets need to be sold to the general public if unclaimed three days prior to game day.

I agree man. We could sell another 3,000 tickets to this game if we wanted to and that doesn't include SDSU fans! Not getting those tickets into the hands of fans is a bad deal. At least people who buy standing room only could probably sneak up into a blue seat.

Not sure why students don't want to go to a sold out TV game that is broadcast state wide all throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota.

Da_Bizon
11-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Unfortunately, our school is full of fair-weather fans. I am very disappointed that the student tickets are not gone. As far as I'm concerned... nobody can EVER complain about not getting a student ticket again. If they are going to leave the student section open for our only "rivalry game," they don't deserve them. This is appalling. Our student body is better than this... I can't believe what is going on with these people. I guess we'll just have to cheer that much louder, and I hope the standing room people can snag a place to sit.

ndsubison1
11-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately, our school is full of fair-weather fans. I am very disappointed that the student tickets are not gone. As far as I'm concerned... nobody can EVER complain about not getting a student ticket again. If they are going to leave the student section open for our only "rivalry game," they don't deserve them. This is appalling. Our student body is better than this... I can't believe what is going on with these people. I guess we'll just have to cheer that much louder, and I hope the standing room people can snag a place to sit.
'
yeah this is so pathetic, im pissed... i dont understand how ppl cannot go to football games even if they dont like it. it's just what you do. i just don't understand it. i am frustrated with my fellow students lately, you'd think we'd have better turnout with an increasing enrollment....

Bison"FANatic"
11-22-2008, 01:31 PM

You can say that again. Pretty disappointing

stevdock
11-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Well the only good thing about the student section not being full, is we will still get the same amount of noise out of the students with who is going to be there compared to the SIU game. Our hardcore students will make enough noise to make an impact.

I think much like the last SDSU home game, the rest of the fans will get into this game early on and be able to step up for the lack of students. I thought the last SDSU game was the most electric the dome has been for a full game in a very long time.

UTH
11-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Nope. He hand delivers them.

The Pittsburgh Penguins hockey players deliver their season tickets in person... [linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iRGShdvPE)]

Coach Bohl and the boys better get busy next year...