PDA

View Full Version : Thundar - week 11

Thundering Herd
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Good news!!! Win or lose Thundar will be #1 at the end of the regular season as long as:
1. Testudo doesn't get 3,369+ more votes than us this week, and
2. if Mike, Joe Bruin, Cy and Buster win week 11.

If these two things happen, it doesn't matter if Mr. Wuf or Cosmo wins and if the Bird or Thundar wins (we're still #1).

I ran four scenarios:
1. Mike, Joe B, Cy, Buster, Mr. Wuf and Thundar win. As long as Mr. Wuf doesn't get 4,947+ more votes this week than Smokey, the rankings are: 1.Thundar 2.Testudo 3.Buster 4.Cocky 5.Cy 6.Smokey 7.MrWuf 8.JoeBruin 9.Aubie 10.Cosmo 11.Mike 12.TheBird (bottom 6 eliminated).

In the first round of the playoffs: #1 Thundar and #2 Testudo get the bye. In round two: #1 Thundar vs. #3 Buster/#6 Smokey winner, #2 Testudo vs. #4 Cocky/#5 Cy winner.

2. Mike, JB, Cy, Buster, Cosmo, The Bird win. As long as The Bird doesn't get 706+ more votes this week than Cy, the rankings are:
1.Thundar 2.Testudo 3.Cosmo 4.Buster 5.Cocky 6.Cy 7.TheBird 8.Smokey 9.MrWuf 10.JoeBruin 11.Aubie 12.Mike

In round two of the playoffs: #1 Thundar vs. #3 Cosmo/#6 Cy winner, #2 Testudo vs. #4 Buster/#5 Cocky winner.

3. Mike, JB, Cy, Buster, Mr Wuf, The Bird win. Vote totals don't affect rankings which are: 1.Thundar 2.Testudo 3.Buster 4.Cocky 5.Cy 6.TheBird 7.Smokey 8.MrWuf 9.JoeBruin 10.Aubie 11.Cosmo 12.Mike

In round two of the playoffs: #1 Thundar vs. #3 Buster/#6 The Bird, #2 Testudo vs. #4 Cocky/#5 Cy winner.

4. Mike, JB, Cy, Buster, Cosmo, Thundar win. Vote totals don't affect rankings which are: 1.Thundar 2.Testudo 3.Cosmo 4.Buster 5.Cocky 6.Cy 7.Smokey 8.JoeBruin 9.Aubie 10.Mike 11.TheBird 12.MrWuf

In round two of the playoffs: #1 Thundar vs. #3 Cosmo/#6 Cy winner,
#2 Testudo vs. #4 Buster/#5 Cocky winner.

VOTE FOR: MIKE, JOE BRUIN, MR WUF, CY, THUNDAR, BUSTER!
http://www.capitalonebowl.com/

roadwarrior
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I hate to say it, but thats a whole lot of "ifs" going on there.

Thundering Herd
11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I hate to say it, but thats a whole lot of "ifs" going on there.
Say what you will, but check out what's going on in voting so far. I went through the scenarios and yes,...Thundar and Testudo will be #1-2 and get the first round bye in the playoffs. Follow the trends and vote how I said and goodbye Aubie, Mike, Joe Bruin, and Mr Wuf,...no matter what. After that, depending on who wins between Mr Wuf/Cosmo and The Bird/Thundar, the other mascots that will be eliminated are: Cosmo, The Bird, or Smokey. Go Thundar!

imabison
11-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I am copying this request from Alexwolf from the other thread. Request for use to help out Mr Wolf.

Re: Thundar is in the running for mascot of the year!! Capitol One!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a MR WUF representative...The Wolfpack fans need your help here. We can still get in the playoffs but we need help. My folks are voting for THUNDAR, but we need you to vote against CY by voting for COCKY..

Even if COCKY wins you guys will still have more votes. If you choose not to do this then please vote harder for THUNDAR. We are voting for him and it appears alot are voting for us due to our record. To prove we are helping go to Packpride.com, go under forums, go to NC State Sports to view the MR WUF post title that has vote against THE BIRD AND CY...

Thundering Herd
11-19-2008, 01:09 AM
VOTE FOR: MIKE, JOE BRUIN, MR WUF, CY, THUNDAR, BUSTER!!!
SMOKEY AND COCKY CANNOT WIN,...IT'LL HURT THUNDAR MORE!!! MIKE, JOE BRUIN, CY AND BUSTER MUST WIN! THEN AUBIE, MIKE, JOE BRUIN AND MR WUF ARE ELIMINATED! ALSO, IF MR WUF AND THE BIRD WIN, SEE OPTION 3 (ON POST #1) FOR THE RANKINGS AND SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS POSSIBLE MATCHUPS! http://www.capitalonebowl.com/ (http://www.capitalonebowl.com/)

BTW- If Mike, Joe Bruin, Mr Wuf, Cy and Buster win and Thundar loses, we're still #1! We don't need votes from Mr Wuf's fans. If Cy wins,... a big threat, Mr. Wuf is eliminated!!!

roadwarrior
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
So far everything is going our way except Thundar is behind.

VOTE FOR: MIKE, JOE BRUIN, MR WUF, CY, THUNDAR, BUSTER!!!

Willie44
11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I've voted for Thundar once a week since this started. I'd much rather see a FCS mascot win it than a FBS one.

Thundering Herd
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM
I've voted for Thundar once a week since this started. I'd much rather see a FCS mascot win it than a FBS one.
Thanks willie! Good luck in the playoffs. Maybe we'll see you there?????

Thundering Herd
11-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I didn't predict that most of the matchups would be such blowouts. I ran some numbers and according to the current vote totals for the week, Cy and Buster may both pass Thundar in total votes, dropping them to #3 (Cy will pass Thundar with 6,918+ more votes than Thundar this week. Buster will pass Thundar with 4853+ more votes than Thundar). Only one can overtake Thundar in total votes if Thundar wants to get a first round bye in the playoffs!

Start voting MIKE, JOE BRUIN, MR WUF,THUNDAR, COCKY, SMOKEY!!!

Make sure both CY and BUSTER still win their matchups though! If Thundar finishes regular season #1, we'll probably face #3 Buster/#6 Testudo winner in round 2 of playoffs. If Thundar finishes #2, he'll probably face #4 The Bird/#5 Cocky winner in round 2 of playoffs.

roadwarrior
11-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Keep voting THUNDAR until monday morning!!!

He is losing this week so far, but if the contest ended right now, he would be tied for first in wins and losses, but would be seeded #1 based on total number of votes!

imabison
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Keep voting THUNDAR until monday morning!!!

He is losing this week so far, but if the contest ended right now, he would be tied for first in wins and losses, but would be seeded #1 based on total number of votes!
Vote Vote Vote, if you are a Fire Fox use the instructions for cookie removal and dela click are on pages 12 and 18 of the other thread.

Go Thundar!!

Thundering Herd
11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Here we are, five of seven voting days done in this final week of the regular season. At the end there will be six mascots at 5-6 and they are eliminated (Smokey, Aubie, Cosmo, Mr. Wuf, Joe Bruin, and Mike. The six teams at 6-5 advance to the playoffs. Here are my projections (based on current totals):

Cy: 335,944 total votes
Thundar: 335,942
Buster: 334, 579
The Bird: 331,070
Cocky: 325,152
Testudo: 323,016It’s a very close race for #1 as you can see! For the playoffs whoever wins the #1 ranking will face off against the #3Buster/#6Testudo winner and the second-ranked mascot will face off against the #4The Bird/#5Cocky winner in the second round (#’s 1 and 2 get first round bye). Seeing this, would you guys rather be #1 or #2? Who would you rather face?

VOTE: Mike, Joe Bruin, Mr. Wuf, Cocky, Thundar, Smokey (Make sure Buster wins! If Smokey wins he skyrockets to #1!!!)

Go Bison!
Go Thundar!
www.capitalonebowl.com (http://www.capitalonebowl.com)

roadwarrior
11-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Last day to vote before the playoffs! Lets get Thundar is in # 1!

Vote: Mike - Joe Bruin - Mr Wuf - Cocky - Thundar - Smokey

Currently Thundar will end up in a 6 way tie for first place, but at this moment has the most votes, so he would be the #1 seed!

VOTE TODAY !!!

sambini
11-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Just Voted++++