PDA

View Full Version : Are You Serious?! What's Wrong With MVC Commish

Swany
11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm all for honesty and telling it like it is, however, the comments today by MVC Commissioner Patty Viverito are surprising and outright disconcerting.

Viterito said she expects only 2 MVC teams to make the playoffs. Story in In-Forum: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=222271

As the commissioner of the league, isn't it her job - and responsibility - to promote the league and its teams? Why then would she provide such fodder to the selection committee before the dust even settles? Why didn't she promote the league, how balanced and tough it is from top-to-bottom, and how it is one of the toughest leagues in the country?

As the Forum would say, Leafy Spurge to Commissioner Viverito. What was she thinking?

Thoughts?

CarringtonBison
11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
agreed, WTF?? It is now easy for the committee to say "even their own commish doesn't think that NDSU should make it".

I'm the first to agree that it is a longshot for us to make it, but this certainly does not help.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-17-2008, 06:49 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrr WTF.......can we get a new commish???????????

lakesbison
11-17-2008, 06:55 PM
THIS IS A GOD DAM OUTRAGE... are you FREAKIN SERIOUS?!?!

YOU SHOULD BE FIGHTING TO THE DEATH FOR YOUR TEAMS>

I dont care if its MISS ST, or ILL ST or SDSU for gods sake.. what a freakin JOKE!!

SDbison
11-17-2008, 06:56 PM
How about if the Bison had played better and won 2 games they should have during the season instead of trying to back into the playoffs like the Vikings. This 2008 Bison team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Too much inconsistency throughout the season. Now if they suddenly put it all together and crush the Jackrabbits I will be sad, but again this team made too many mistakes and did not make it happen when they needed to.

HoopsBison
11-17-2008, 07:14 PM
How about if the Bison had played better and won 2 games they should have during the season instead of trying to back into the playoffs like the Vikings. This 2008 Bison team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Too much inconsistency throughout the season. Now if they suddenly put it all together and crush the Jackrabbits I will be sad, but again this team made too many mistakes and did not make it happen when they needed to.

you are kind of missing the point here...negative nancy. Its not really about us, its about promoting your conference the best way you can.

SlickVic
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
She Can Say What Ever She Wants We Win And We In Theres No Doubt About It......

HandoEX
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM

I remember a short time a ago, an inconsistent team lost at home in late November by 20-some points and backed into the NFL playoffs.................and that team won the Super Bowl.

You'll be sad if we crush the wabbits? That's pathetic.

I am shocked to hear the commish saying this. What a joke.

NDSUstudent
11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
How does a team that would have won four straight games back into the playoffs?

bisonmike2
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
you are kind of missing the point here...negative nancy. Its not really about us, its about promoting your conference the best way you can.

^THIS^ The only thing out of her mouth in regards to the playoffs should be a statement like this.

"We have a very competitive conferenence and feel that anyone of our teams have the talent and ability to represent the MVFC favorably in the playoffs."

BlueBisonRock
11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
^THIS^ The only thing out of her mouth in regards to the playoffs should be a statement like this.

"We have a very competitive conferenence and feel that anyone of our teams have the talent and ability to represent the MVFC favorably in the playoffs."

Good job! Time to update and submit your resume.

Thundering Herd
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM

I think he meant that if they pulled it together, crushed the wabbits, and looked like the Bison team we expected to see this year and then they didn't make it, he'll be sad. :confused:

bisonmike2
11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Good job! Time to update and submit your resume.

Can I use Bisonville as a reference? Anyway, I wouldn't be a good commish, I'd enact several rules against SDSU and universities whose coaches have mustaches.

HandoEX
11-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I think he meant that if they pulled it together, crushed the wabbits, and looked like the Bison team we expected to see this year and then they didn't make it, he'll be sad. :confused:

Ah, I see, makes total sense.

UTH
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM

They must be putting 'something extra' in the jag-bombs down there...

SDbison
11-17-2008, 08:42 PM
I remember a short time a ago, an inconsistent team lost at home in late November by 20-some points and backed into the NFL playoffs.................and that team won the Super Bowl.

I am shocked to hear the commish saying this. What a joke.
No, I would be sad if the team finally got their shit together at the very end of the season only to be denied a spot in the playoffs. Quit reading it the way you want to hear it. Get a clue homer boys, THIS Bison team stunk it up several times too many this past season and DON'T deserve to be in the playoffs!

HerdBot
11-17-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm all for honesty and telling it like it is, however, the comments today by MVC Commissioner Patty Viverito are surprising and outright disconcerting.

Viterito said she expects only 2 MVC teams to make the playoffs. Story in In-Forum: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=222271

As the commissioner of the league, isn't it her job - and responsibility - to promote the league and its teams? Why then would she provide such fodder to the selection committee before the dust even settles? Why didn't she promote the league, how balanced and tough it is from top-to-bottom, and how it is one of the toughest leagues in the country?

As the Forum would say, Leafy Spurge to Commissioner Viverito. What was she thinking?

Thoughts?

I assume she made the comments assuming that the following doesn't happen. It's unlikely but very possible.

1) NDSU beats SDSU
2) William & Mary loses to Richmond
3) Maine loses to New Hampshire
4) Elon loses @ Liberty
5) Furman loses @ Elon

Of course, none of these games have happened yet and I'm sure they don't have the foresight to see it happening either.

If they don't happen than her comments are dead on.

But for a person in a leadership role, it doesn't give the impression that they are fighting for us.

HandoEX
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
No, I would be sad if the team finally got their shit together at the very end of the season only to be denied a spot in the playoffs. Quit reading it the way you want to hear it. Get a clue homer boys, THIS Bison team stunk it up several times too many this past season and DON'T deserve to be in the playoffs!

Did you miss my next post?

Ah, I see, makes total sense.
I simply misread what you wrote. No need to:ranting:

stevdock
11-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Can I use Bisonville as a reference? Anyway, I wouldn't be a good commish, I'd enact several rules against SDSU and universities whose coaches have mustaches.

And the problem with that would be??

OldBison
11-18-2008, 01:32 AM
What really pissed me off was her last comment, used on WDAY but not printed by the Forum:

NDSU head coach Craig Bohl said he believes the selection committee will consider some teams with seven wins. Asked about Bohl's comment, Viverito said, "I don't know who they would be."

HoopsBison
11-18-2008, 02:09 AM

again your missing the point...negative nancy

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 03:07 AM

Thoughts?

It's her job to be honest as well. She is trying to bring you guys back down to earth. Sorry...No way you are in.

lakesbison
11-18-2008, 03:17 AM
nice new user name pantherhawk

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 03:19 AM

I would love to reply to every post on this thread, but this one lets me say what I want to say.

The comment "can we get a new commish?" is why people don't give you the props you think you deserve. For some reason you were voted to win the Valley in pre-season. That is what started the NDSU ego to build. That didn't work out so well now did it? You come to UNI acting like you own the place. That didn't work out so well now did it?

Lower division wins don't translate to upper division wins. Welcome to the Valley but quit acting like the kid whose mom always comes to his defense when he is being picked on. Act like us, UNI, and smack the kid in the face when he picks on you and then go tell your mom what you did! She will be proud.

lakesbison
11-18-2008, 03:22 AM
WE DID OWN THAT PLACE.!!!

your sorry ass fans on the bison side were P A T H E T I C !!!!

WE TAILGATED BETTER AND OUR 2500 people were LOUDER than your 11,000, max. "yea. you're big time, 11k!"

your jackass admin people on the sideline below us were pricks..

WE DID OWN THAT STINKY-DOME.... its a shame we played like shit that 1 day.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 03:27 AM
WE DID OWN THAT PLACE.!!!

your sorry ass fans on the bison side were P A T H E T I C !!!!

WE TAILGATED BETTER AND OUR 2500 people were LOUDER than your 11,000, max. "yea. you're big time, 11k!"

your jackass admin people on the sideline below us were pricks..

WE DID OWN THAT STINKY-DOME.... its a shame we played like shit that 1 day.

You acted like you came in from...well North Dakota. Act like you've been to town before next time you come! You may be treated better.

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 03:30 AM
I would love to reply to every post on this thread, but this one lets me say what I want to say.

The comment "can we get a new commish?" is why people don't give you the props you think you deserve. For some reason you were voted to win the Valley in pre-season. That is what started the NDSU ego to build. That didn't work out so well now did it? You come to UNI acting like you own the place. That didn't work out so well now did it?

Lower division wins don't translate to upper division wins. Welcome to the Valley but quit acting like the kid whose mom always comes to his defense when he is being picked on. Act like us, UNI, and smack the kid in the face when he picks on you and then go tell your mom what you did! She will be proud.

We beat Southern Illinois so I'm not sure what your talking about. Plus we've been D1-AA for the last 6 years and have been ranked every year. Plus we've gone 3-2 vs D1-A teams so it's not like we've played a D2 schedule. Hell we won in Montana as a D2 team.

You sound threatened by a team that has only had the max scholarships for a few years... we're no where near peaking.

And questioning the commish is not bad. You should want her to stand up for the conference you play in because some day, you will be the 3rd best team. I know, you want to play some crappy OVC team in the playoffs instead so I don't blame you for not wanting us in the playoffs.

3rd place in this conference is not a failure.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 03:40 AM
We beat Southern Illinois so I'm not sure what your talking about. Plus we've been D1-AA for the last 6 years and have been ranked every year. Plus we've gone 3-2 vs D1-A teams so it's not like we've played a D2 schedule. Hell we won in Montana as a D2 team.

You sound threatened by a team that has only had the max scholarships for a few years... we're no where near peaking.

And questioning the commish is not bad. You should want her to stand up for the conference you play in because some day, you will be the 3rd best team. I know, you want to play some crappy OVC team in the playoffs instead so I don't blame you for not wanting us in the playoffs.

Dude, I would drive up there and pick the whole team up if we could play you again, on my dime!

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Dude, I would drive up there and pick the whole team up if we could play you again, on my dime!

Right on!

Just for the record I never said we deserve to be in the playoff. I said if W&M, Maine, Furman, and Elon lose... we can make a legit case.

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 03:47 AM
You acted like you came in from...well North Dakota. Act like you've been to town before next time you come! You may be treated better.

C'mon Man! Fargo Moorhead metro has nearly a quarter million people. Cedar Rapids isn't exactly New York.

RunDMc34
11-18-2008, 03:53 AM

Act like you are a big time fcs program, dont let road fans own your staduim. That would be my suggestion to UNI.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Act like you are a big time fcs program, dont let road fans own your staduim. That would be my suggestion to UNI.

Thanks for the feedback. Don't you have a show on MTV?

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 04:09 AM

I gave the Gateway big time props on my blog...check it out http://areavoices.com/bisonnation/?blog=17269
I posted that in December.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 04:12 AM
I gave the Gateway big time props on my blog...check it out http://areavoices.com/bisonnation/?blog=17269
I posted that in December.

But it is only November 17!

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 04:17 AM
But it is only November 17!

Bottom line I said..

"If your thinking the Bison will roll through conference play since they dominated Western Illinois and Illinois State...think again! The Bison haven't played the "Big 3" out of the Gateway."

I only wish I had given props to Western Illinois but I didn't think they were that good since we beat them handily on the road last year. Boy was I wrong.

Hey, we still could finish in 3rd place and knocked of SIU so we haven't been that bad. Playoffs are only a possibility if other teams lose and we take care of SDSU.

EDIT: The point of the thread wasn't to "beat our own chests." It was to point out just how good the conference is. We think that the commish should promote that because it's good for everyone.

NDSUstudent
11-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Is it sad that McFeely is more optimistic than our conference comish?

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 05:31 AM

And another thing... we didn't vote for ourselves to win the Valley and we didn't vote ourselves #1 in the nation either. Coaches, media, and peers did. I didn't realize we're jerks for following our team to your stadium.

Bisonguy
11-18-2008, 01:51 PM

++++++

If NDSU could have finished with an 8-3 record, they'd be in the mix with the eight other teams from the CAA/Socon on the committee's shortlist for an at-large berth. 4 losses, especially with only an 11 game schedule, ain't gonna cut it.

This playoff talk is the equivalent of a message board comb-over. Hanging on to the last wisps of hope, while everyone else can see it for what it is. :nod:

IzzyFlexion
11-18-2008, 01:57 PM

Good, then make it happen big spender!

IzzyFlexion
11-18-2008, 02:00 PM

How did a broad become commissioner??

i_regulate_1015
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe SIU is an upper division win. We played like sh*t against you. You should feel thankful for the gift we handed you.

tjbison
11-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Remember if SIU wins out They will win the Valley! And if I remember correctly we beat them and wait oh yeah Pussycats lost so........

lakesbison
11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
IzzyFlexion

same way hussain obama became......welll...ooooppps

bisonhusker
11-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Things I remember about the UNI game:
Their student section was empty in the second half.
None of their fans downtown the night before a game.
Cows grazing in the parking lots around the stadium.
2500 Bison fans taking over their "dome." "Bison Home game."
Us throwing 9 interceptions and putting a bow on the gift wrapped win.
Their fans suddenly caring in the 1st quarter after they realized we took over.
Us not being able to stop the pass.
They have red, yellow and blue seats.....you could see alot of them!!!
Us taking over their tailgate. Trust me...they were impressed.
Nobody travels like NDSU. We got beat, but we were BRUTAL. A loss is a loss, but we will remember it next year. You should have won by 30 being we were so generous.

clenz
11-18-2008, 05:28 PM
A loss is a lossThat really is the only thing that mattered in that entire diatribe.

NDSUdonny
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Our commish is obviosly an idiot. Maybe we don't deserve to get in with four losses (only 3 FCS losses obviously), but that is such a stupid statement for her to make. If anyone else gets in with four losses, that is BS. The committee doesn't consider a win against a Division II school towards a playoff bid, so why should the Wyoming loss hurt us?

tjbison
11-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Our commish is obviosly an idiot. Maybe we don't deserve to get in with four losses (only 3 FCS losses obviously), but that is such a stupid statement for her to make. If anyone else gets in with four losses, that is BS. The committee doesn't consider a win against a Division II school towards a playoff bid, so why should the Wyoming loss hurt us?

Because DI vs DI counts as win or loss, just like when we beat CMU it could've had serious Bowl implications for them IT DID COUNT AS A DI LOSS!

bisonbills
11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
That really is the only thing that mattered in that entire diatribe.

Any updates on your stoner WRs??? :hide:

bisonmike2
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
It's her job to be honest as well. She is trying to bring you guys back down to earth. Sorry...No way you are in.

No, her job is not to be honest, especially when it comes to promoting the league and it's teams. She is supposed to play a political type role, sucking up, kissing a$$ all to promote the teams in her conference to national prominance. You want your commissioner to be a huge homer for all of the teams in the conference. Example, here in the cities the commissioner of the Norther Sun was on with a local radio stations talking about everything Northern Sun. He went up and down the league and talked about how great every team in the league was at all the sports. He obviously wasn't being honest. The whole point of his visit was to bring positive attention to his league and the teams in it. Regardless of what Patty privately thinks about who is deserving of a playoff berth, the last thing out of her mouth publically should be "we made it too easy for the committee." And I would be saying this regardless who is on the verge of making it. If she doesn't realize what her job is than maybe it's time for somebody else to get in there and do it for her.

Bisonfan1
11-18-2008, 07:18 PM
The other thing I have been thinking is the timing of these comments, people/paying fans still had some hype of a possible playoff berth that might depend on the outcome of the SDSU game, I have allready heard one comment "screw it, not going to waste my time going to the SDSU game if the commisioner says the Bison cant get in the playoffs". Her comments were all over the front page of our local newspaper and probably others throughout the state.

Will these comments hurt attendance this weekend ? I know it's sold out, but will some people espicially those who drive some distance, simply stay home and watch on TV ?? (OR GO TO VEGAS)

Our crew will be there to win the best food in the tailgate competition !!!! Been looking forward to this game since last year, playoffs or not !!

90BISON
11-18-2008, 07:19 PM
No, her job is not to be honest, especially when it comes to promoting the league and it's teams. She is supposed to play a political type role, sucking up, kissing a$$ all to promote the teams in her conference to national prominance. You want your commissioner to be a huge homer for all of the teams in the conference. Example, here in the cities the commissioner of the Norther Sun was on with a local radio stations talking about everything Northern Sun. He went up and down the league and talked about how great every team in the league was at all the sports. He obviously wasn't being honest. The whole point of his visit was to bring positive attention to his league and the teams in it. Regardless of what Patty privately thinks about who is deserving of a playoff berth, the last thing out of her mouth publically should be "we made it too easy for the committee." And I would be saying this regardless who is on the verge of making it. If she doesn't realize what her job is than maybe it's time for somebody else to get in there and do it for her.

EXACTLY. Her job description is to be an utter and complete homer when it comes to her public persona, not a realist. Leave that to the fans, alright, some of the fans.:p

clenz
11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Any updates on your stoner WRs??? :hide:Johnny is screwed when it comes sentencing time. Victor seems to have been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Seems he was arrested only because he was home, which put him in possession, which he what he got.

They both f-ed up and are paying the price for it. If you honestly think that no one on the Bison sideline does the MJ you are mistaken.

However, I will give you rep points for the attempt to bash UNI, however pathetic it may have been.

bisonmike2
11-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Johnny is screwed when it comes sentencing time. Victor seems to have been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Seems he was arrested only because he was home, which put him in possession, which he what he got.

They both f-ed up and are paying the price for it. If you honestly think that no one on the Bison sideline does the MJ you are mistaken.

However, I will give you rep points for the attempt to bash UNI, however pathetic it may have been.

If your going by arrest records our boys are clearly using alcohol as their drug of choice. But you are correct, I'm sure some players know Mary Jane pretty good too.

bisonhusker
11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
I just found the comish's email address............

SDbison
11-18-2008, 08:16 PM
......and you are going to send her a love letter? :D

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 08:26 PM

Be nice to her man. She is partially responsible for getting us into this great conference so stay classy.

CarringtonBison
11-18-2008, 08:33 PM
you stay classy whale's vagina

d3boys
11-18-2008, 08:49 PM

have you got over the sioux loss yet

bisonhusker
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I sent her a very classy email. Just asking what she meant by some of the comments and if she felt they could have waited until next week when the playoffs are set. I will let you know her response.

roadwarrior
11-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Did she make these comments when the Forum called her and asked her thoughts on the playoffs?

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM

Haahaahaa!!!! You also try to sound like a d-bag and accomplished that. Your fans that come on here don't even want to claim you as a fan,

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM

+++++++++++++++ well said!!!! Also didn't the team from the north beat them within a few years? That's to bad!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM

Money, Looks, or did something.....:D

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe SIU is an upper division win. We played like sh*t against you. You should feel thankful for the gift we handed you.

Can't you come up with a better excuse? "We played bad" is over used. Have ever heard a team that won say "We played bad..." You played bad because we are better than you. I didn't know NDSU had a Rocket Science program!

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Remember if SIU wins out They will win the Valley! And if I remember correctly we beat them and wait oh yeah Pussycats lost so........

There will be co-champions if that happens. They get the auto bid and we will get a seed. Seems fair to me.

tjbison
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
There will be co-champions if that happens. They get the auto bid and we will get a seed. Seems fair to me.

BS!! SIU owns you in Head to head THEY WILL BE THE MVFC CHAMPS sorry pussycats!!!

clenz
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
BS!! SIU owns you in Head to head THEY WILL BE THE MVFC CHAMPS sorry pussycats!!!They will be the champs, and UNI will be the co-champs, it is in the conference by-laws.

I can only imagine the talk if you had tied for first with a 3 point loss to the champion.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 11:30 PM
They will be the champs, and UNI will be the co-champs, it is in the conference by-laws.

I can only imagine the talk if you had tied for first with a 3 point loss to the champion.

I'm thinking there would be talk of an invite to the BCS and a trip to a New Year's Day Bowl game!

stevdock
11-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm thinking there would be talk of an invite to the BCS and a trip to a New Year's Day Bowl game!

Nah that take more or less happened last year without winning a conference championship or anything.

Now I'm sure we have a few posters that have posted on your board, which I think is just pathetic. Why would someone go where they have no other purpose then to stir things up?? Probably should ask yourself that. If NDSU wants to believe they have a playoff worthy team, what the hell is wrong with that?? The only thing is we will have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't make it into the playoffs.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Nah that take more or less happened last year without winning a conference championship or anything.

Now I'm sure we have a few posters that have posted on your board, which I think is just pathetic. Why would someone go where they have no other purpose then to stir things up?? Probably should ask yourself that. If NDSU wants to believe they have a playoff worthy team, what the hell is wrong with that?? The only thing is we will have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't make it into the playoffs.

I'll be here Sunday night after the announcement just to talk a little more. Then I will be done with you until August-ish because after Sunday NDSU will be irrelevant for the remainder of the 2008 football season.

stevdock
11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
I'll be here Sunday night after the announcement just to talk a little more. Then I will be done with you until August-ish because after Sunday NDSU will be irrelevant for the remainder of the 2008 football season.

Well then I'm guessing there will be a few random fans that will be doing the same thing the second you lose. I will not be one of them, but just be ready for it.

stevdock
11-18-2008, 11:46 PM
The one question I have for all UNI fans that are here for some reason is what win do you have to hang your hat on this season?? Your schedule was no better than ours, could make a case that it was worse. Your best win is what could be a 5 loss SDSU team or a 4 loss WIU team, or an NDSU team that has 4 losses. At least we beat a playoff team, you guys should get to work on that.

clenz
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM

You are straight douche material. I really hope you aren't actually a UNI fan. I hate seeing low life fans like this in any fan base, let alone the bases I'm in.

clenz
11-18-2008, 11:48 PM
The one question I have for all UNI fans that are here for some reason is what win do you have to hang your hat on this season?? Your schedule was no better than ours, could make a case that it was worse. Your best win is what could be a 5 loss SDSU team or a 4 loss WIU team, or an NDSU team that has 4 losses. At least we beat a playoff team, you guys should get to work on that.
Valid, we will make sure to work on that in the playoffs.

56BISON73
11-19-2008, 12:30 AM

You have to understand he not here to talk football. Hes here to be an asshole. Nothing more. Nothing less. Hes The internets version of the sports bar blow hard. Except on the net he cant get his ass kicked. LOL
PL

tjbison
11-19-2008, 12:36 AM

As will UNI!

Sadly enough because A-holes like Pantherhawk and this other idiot, I'm hoping SIU goes all the way!!

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 12:38 AM

The crazy thing about the playoffs is that it isn't game by game. It's pretty much cumulative. I'm sorry nobody told you that.

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 12:40 AM
You are straight douche material. I really hope you aren't actually a UNI fan. I hate seeing low life fans like this in any fan base, let alone the bases I'm in.

I am a UNI Fan! Been on Panthernation for years! Just having a little fun with these schmucks.

tjbison
11-19-2008, 12:53 AM
I am a UNI Fan! Been on Panthernation for years! Just having a little fun with these schmucks.

You must be damned proud of the way you represent your school! Nearly every kittycat poster on here has been nothing but an arrogant asshole, I don't know if they are the same person or not, but it has certainly changed my point of view about uni! I have also come to think they are a little worried/envious of NDSU as they recieved more spotlight than them this year one thing get used to it, know I will use the ignore button

56BISON73
11-19-2008, 01:04 AM
You must be damned proud of the way you represent your school! Nearly every kittycat poster on here has been nothing but an arrogant asshole, I don't know if they are the same person or not, but it has certainly changed my point of view about uni! I have also come to think they are a little worried/envious of NDSU as they recieved more spotlight than them this year one thing get used to it, know I will use the ignore button

Question??? In the same vein do you think that when opposing teams fans read Lakes posts and see his behaviour at the games to they equate that with the whole Bison fan base???

The one of the UNI fans that post here uses multiple aliases because he keeps getting banned. Dont take what he says personal because he doesnt care what you have to say. Hes here to jerk your chain. PL

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM

You're making an assumption that any of us really care what you think.

I won't be reading any of your comments on Sunday night. Most of the members here won't care either way. Go home to the puma board where I'm sure you're highly respected.

bisonmike2
11-19-2008, 01:27 AM

Playoffs ain't sh1t unless you actually do something in them. What's your guy's claim to fame? You once made it to the semifinals a couple years ago? Did you guys make up rings for that? I know you probably have a banner hanging for it.

tjbison
11-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Question??? In the same vein do you think that when opposing teams fans read Lakes posts and see his behaviour at the games to they equate that with the whole Bison fan base???

The one of the UNI fans that post here uses multiple aliases because he keeps getting banned. Dont take what he says personal because he doesnt care what you have to say. Hes here to jerk your chain. PL

I know:blush: just p's me off, and I have never agreed with smacking on other schools boards, and I think if you looked you would see i've been pretty reasonable on all our opposing teams boards this year as have most of the Bison fans, and yes there are some that make us look bad!

SUPERBUNNY
11-19-2008, 02:07 AM
I have to agree that those comments are complete bullshizzle!

My guess is a couple of our favorite AD's will make a call inquire what that Fuddrucker she was thinking.

At least it's a great thing to be in a conference that gets respect!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Playoffs ain't sh1t unless you actually do something in them. What's your guy's claim to fame? You once made it to the semifinals a couple years ago? Did you guys make up rings for that? I know you probably have a banner hanging for it.

We were in the finals in 2005. App St beat us 21-16. Great game. I thought you would know that being such a I-AA scholar. We were the first of their current 3X repeat streak.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 02:38 AM
We were in the finals in 2005. App St beat us 21-16. Great game. I thought you would know that being such a I-AA scholar. We were the first of their current 3X repeat streak.

You lost. That's news. :cool:

56BISON73
11-19-2008, 02:43 AM

As with most malcontents that cant shut up he talked himself in to a hole. PL

Hammerhead
11-19-2008, 03:39 AM
I seem to recall a Bison team in the 1980s that pretty much told the players to go home after finals only to find out that they made the playoffs. Does anyone remember what year that was? I'm guessing 1989.

BraxtonT
11-19-2008, 03:44 AM
I seem to recall a Bison team in the 1980s that pretty much told the players to go home after finals only to find out that they made the playoffs. Does anyone remember what year that was? I'm guessing 1989.

'85

Without that gift, we'd have never been blessed with "The Pitch".

UTH
11-19-2008, 04:09 AM
'85

Without that gift, we'd have never been blessed with "The Pitch".

Yeah - Apparently, the State Patrol was on the lookout for players' cars and announcements were being made on all the radio stations. Wasn't that a gas?

sambini
11-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Witnessed the pitch live from the Dakota Dome.

bisonmike2
11-19-2008, 04:10 AM

Thanks for posting this. You beat me to it. Awesome how he's proud of being the first of 3 teams to lose to App St in the finals. I bet that's an awesome looking banner in the Uni-Dump.

University of Northern Iowa
Tradition of Excellence
2005 FCS Finalist
"App State's First Victim in Quest for Three"

So when they win it again this year, do you guys have to take down that banner and change it to four or do you just put up another one?

sambini
11-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Banners for second place at UNI?

bisonmike2
11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Banners for second place at UNI?

It all started in the smack forum with Pantherhawk. Something got brought up about how they always win the conference, therefore they have a banner and I brought up how it's funny they have all of these banners for making the playoffs but no actual Nat Champ. banners. I've carried into other arguments.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 05:01 AM

A four digit number:

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 05:23 AM

Is there a banner in your dome that says...'Lost to App. State - 2005' ??

Man...I'd like to see that. :nod:

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 05:27 AM

Thoughts?

So Swany...here's the logic. Our league is really tough...and we've beaten up on each other...so we've played our way out of it.

hmmmmmmm

Sounds like grounds for firing to me...based on stupidity.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Witnessed the pitch live from the Dakota Dome.

One of the greatest moments in Bison history. Wish I could say the same.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Gotta Earn It:

Just did a little NCAA history search.

You didn't even win a title in DII. You haven't won a title in the FCS. Seriously...do you have a 2nd Place banner from 2005 in the dome?

You come on this board like you own it. So what, exactly, do you have to teach us?

:rofl:

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
We live in the future brother. Let me ask you this: Have you even had the opportunity to lose in FCS playoffs? Oh, thats right you're not going to have that option. See you back here on Sunday around 5:30pm. I want to see you guys cry about how you should have made it and how xxxxxx shouldn't have.

I'll let you know when our game is.

IzzyFlexion
11-19-2008, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome, but NDSU was already introduced to the Valley last year. (2-0 vs MVC teams). Yeah, yeah, I know .....living in the past, blah, blah, blah. You live in the future, blah, blah, blah....

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
We live in the future brother. Let me ask you this: Have you even had the opportunity to lose in FCS playoffs? Oh, thats right you're not going to have that option. See you back here on Sunday around 5:30pm. I want to see you guys cry about how you should have made it and how xxxxxx shouldn't have.

I'll let you know when our game is.

You live in the future? Your 2005 loss was in the past.

Not one in DII? Not one in DI-AA or the FCS?

Came to the UNI Dome like we own it? In other words...we showed up. That's college football. You'll get a really nice welcome in Fargo.

Did we hurt your feelings? :rofl:

56BISON73
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Now thats something to really be proud of!!!!! And to brag about it is----------:D well heck if you need something to hang your hat on to make you feel better about yourself have at it. LOL
PL

90BISON
11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Hammer was taking some pot shots at Patty on his show at noon today. It was pretty funny stuff. Was wondering if with the current situation at UNI if she wouldn't suggest to the playoff committee that maybe another CAA team should be considered instead of UNI since they won't have a couple of their big guns and probably won't be able to make any serious playoff run.:D

NDSUFan_Sav
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Did we hurt your feelings? :rofl:

not sure about feelings being hurt but seems like there's something wrong that they have to keep coming on here....maybe they're jealous...especially without their 2 big WRs i'd like to see what they do this year in the playoffs and if they end up playing App St.....that will be a joke of a game!

bisonmike2
11-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Now thats something to really be proud of!!!!! And to brag about it is----------:D well heck if you need something to hang your hat on to make you feel better about yourself have at it. LOL
PL

I mentioned this in another thread but the UNI guys need to be reminded of it. Some programs are held to higher standards. We judge success in championships. I think that's why alot of us here are 50/50 about us making the playoffs. Even if we did get in many think we don't have the team to push for a title this year. UNI doesn't have as high of standards. They are more than happy with just making the playoffs. I don't think they'd know what to do if they actually won a title. To them, success is a MVFC title and a 2nd round exit.

tjbison
11-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I mentioned this in another thread but the UNI guys need to be reminded of it. Some programs are held to higher standards. We judge success in championships. I think that's why alot of us here are 50/50 about us making the playoffs. Even if we did get in many think we don't have the team to push for a title this year. UNI doesn't have as high of standards. They are more than happy with just making the playoffs. I don't think they'd know what to do if they actually won a title. To them, success is a MVFC title and a 2nd round exit.

Very true, they have the Conference Champion Banners we have the National Champion Banners!! :nod:

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 09:58 PM
DII titles are not something we would brag about either. Thats a step above high school dude. Ask Youngstown State what it's like to play in the Valley. Just like you guys they came in here thinking they were all that. Really hasn't happened for them here either. I expect the same samething to happen to you guys. We aren't happy with just making the playoffs. You guys are a perfect example of how tough I-AA football is. Your not even going to make the playoffs. There were high expectations put on by the media. There was no way you could live up to those expectations. Again, we aren't just happy making the playoffs. I can also tell you if we had 4 losses we would consider that a DISASTER! We would feel we didn't deserve a playoff spot.

See you Sunday around 5:30 pm. I'll let you know who we play. Then you can debate that.

tjbison
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
DII titles are not something we would brag about either. Thats a step above high school dude. Ask Youngstown State what it's like to play in the Valley. Just like you guys they came in here thinking they were all that. Really hasn't happened for them here either. I expect the same samething to happen to you guys. We aren't happy with just making the playoffs. You guys are a perfect example of how tough I-AA football is. Your not even going to make the playoffs. There were high expectations put on by the media. There was no way you could live up to those expectations. Again, we aren't just happy making the playoffs. I can also tell you if we had 4 losses we would consider that a DISASTER! We would feel we didn't deserve a playoff spot.

See you Sunday around 5:30 pm. I'll let you know who we play. Then you can debate that.

Do you have any??????

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Do you have any??????

I think we got one in the 1920's or something. See...we were even wearing those leather helmets! Which makes us tougher!

tjbison
11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
I think we got one in the 1920's or something. See...we were even wearing those leather helmets! Which makes us tougher!

Thats what I thought, NO!!!

Thanks for proving my point:nod:

56BISON73
11-19-2008, 10:20 PM

How would you know???? PL

bisonbills
11-19-2008, 11:27 PM
I think I saw this one hanging in the UNI dump somewhere.....

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4503/8758599d66e6d0m3mq5.png (http://www.BannerFans.com)

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
[quote=Gotta Earn It;230593]DII titles are not something we would brag about either.

Are you coming to the Fargo Dome for the game next fall? Please let us know.

We're probably out of the playoffs. So let it go. Bison football isn't going away. We've had a down year. Four losses is a down year here. We weren't surprised by the level of play at all. We're just not as strong as we've been in the past few years. Cal Poly, SDSU, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Cal Davis, Ball State, and Sam Houston were at least as good as any team we've played this year. No shocks here.

What is your problem? Do you need to visit other boards to get attention? Are you lonesome?

56BISON73
11-19-2008, 11:51 PM
[quote=Gotta Earn It;230593]DII titles are not something we would brag about either.

Are you coming to the Fargo Dome for the game next fall? Please let us know.

We're probably out of the playoffs. So let it go. Bison football isn't going away. We've had a down year. Four losses is a down year here. We weren't surprised by the level of play at all. We're just not as strong as we've been in the past few years. Cal Poly, SDSU, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Cal Davis, Ball State, and Sam Houston were at least as good as any team we've played this year. No shocks here.

What is your problem? Do you need to visit other boards to get attention? Are you lonesome?

Simple case of envy. Plus throw in a bad case of assholitis.
There are always those that put down what other have accomplished even though they have never reached that level. PL

clenz
11-20-2008, 03:40 AM
[quote=CaBisonFan;230613]

Simple case of envy. Plus throw in a bad case of assholitis.
There are always those that put down what other have accomplished even though they have never reached that level. PLAt the same time though, to be little all that UNI has accomplished at the FCS level (while not title has been won yet) is the same asinine thing that is being done by that clown.

Gotta Earn It
11-20-2008, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=56BISON73;230616]At the same time though, to be little all that UNI has accomplished at the FCS level (while not title has been won yet) is the same asinine thing that is being done by that clown.

Thanks for that Benedict Arnold! :bow:

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 03:53 AM
[quote=56BISON73;230616]At the same time though, to be little all that UNI has accomplished at the FCS level (while not title has been won yet) is the same asinine thing that is being done by that clown.

Where in my post did I belittle UNI???? My post was very pointed to the asshole in question with a small inference to the fact that UNI never did acheive the success that NDSU did in D2.

FCS wasnt the point at hand.

PL

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2008, 03:54 AM
[QUOTE=clenz;230692]

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/dipstickM.jpg

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 04:04 AM
[quote=clenz;230692]

Obviously he doesnt care for assholes either. PL

CaBisonFan
11-20-2008, 04:25 AM

Thanks for the pm GEI.

So you see it as your mission to come here and teach us a lesson about how to act and think?

To bisonville members:

This guy says he'll be at the game in Fargo next fall, but that he won't introduce himself.

He wants to teach us a lesson from the security of his PC.

It's in his mission statement. :cool:

sambini
11-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Do you think his Pinto can make it here?

CaBisonFan
11-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Do you think his Pinto can make it here?

I've heard that it only has one gear left.

reverse :nod:

Yell at the game for me sambini.

CaBisonFan
11-20-2008, 04:38 AM
You wrote in your PM to me that you see it as your mission to come here and teach Bison fans how to act and think. In fact, you stated that you do it to other schools too. You also sad that you'll be in Fargo next fall, but that you'd be insane to introduce yourself. In other words, you just like sitting at your computer and teaching other people how to act & think.

You've written on the 'board' that you're here to just have a little fun with us schmucks.

So what's the real word GEI? (Gotta Earn It)

Is it the mission position....just having fun....or staying behind your computer? :cool:

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2008, 05:08 AM
You wrote in your PM to me that you see it as your mission to come here and teach Bison fans how to act and think. In fact, you stated that you do it to other schools too. You also sad that you'll be in Fargo next fall, but that you'd be insane to introduce yourself. In other words, you just like sitting at your computer and teaching other people how to act & think.

You've written on the 'board' that you're here to just have a little fun with us schmucks.

Is it the mission position....just having fun....or staying behind your computer? :cool:

His attitude kinda makes lakes look good.... :banghead:

Bisonfan1
11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Here we go again - From the front page of the sports section in our local newspaper - short version - "Neither the Jackrabbits nor the Bison are under consideration for post season play etc etc " and " Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois will represent the Misssouri Valley in the 16 team playoff field, the conferance commissioner said. "

Sorry Gabe, but it is not looking too good right now. Start preparing now for the playoff field announcements - family and friends, preist, ambulance, AA, counselors, and any other support group should be with you during the announcement of the playoff field. (my support plan is allready in place) I will maintain hope if the Bison wax the bunnies on Saturday and see how it all plays out.

Again, I hope these comments do not hurt actual attendance on Saturday. I want to see an actual FULL HOUSE !! Go Bison

CaBisonFan
11-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Here we go again - From the front page of the sports section in our local newspaper - short version - "Neither the Jackrabbits nor the Bison are under consideration for post season play etc etc " and " Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois will represent the Misssouri Valley in the 16 team playoff field, the conferance commissioner said. "

Sorry Gabe, but it is not looking too good right now. Start preparing now for the playoff field announcements - family and friends, preist, ambulance, AA, counselors, and any other support group should be with you during the announcement of the playoff field. (my support plan is allready in place) I will maintain hope if the Bison wax the bunnies on Saturday and see how it all plays out.

Again, I hope these comments do not hurt actual attendance on Saturday. I want to see an actual FULL HOUSE !! Go Bison

SDSU needs to be our super bowl. Focus on that now.

I agree.

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 04:21 PM

His mission is nothing more than to be a troll. Troll=Gutless Loser. Pretty simple.
PL
PL

HandoEX
11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
His mission is nothing more than to be a troll. Troll=Gutless Loser. Pretty simple.
PL
PL

If people would stop feeding this troll, he'd finally leave. I'd just ignore him:)

lakesbison
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
She Should Be Fired On The Spot

Its Been 4 Days>... Thats Wayyyy Too Long

Bisonfan1
11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
She Should Be Fired On The Spot

Its Been 4 Days>... Thats Wayyyy Too Long

HEY LAKES - YOU ARE NOT TO HAVE ELECTRONICS ON IN THE AIRCRAFT ! IM CALLING THE FAA, TSA, AIRPORT SECURITY, THE AIRLINES, COACH BOHL, AND THE PRESIDENT TO HAVE YOU REMOVED FROM THE AIRCRAFT IMMEADIATELY.

THEN YOU CAN COME TO THE GAME SATURDAY - YOU WILL THANK ME FOR THIS - LETS DO THIS !!!!!!!

lakesbison
11-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I wish!!! but.i got clearance....clarence!!!! 1st class baby.??

clenz
11-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Slightly off subject here but....

I'm thinking about coming up to the UNI/NDSU game next year. I grew up in extreme NW IA, about an hour and a half form each of the SD schools, so I know all about their campus's and not. I don't know anything about Fargo though. I'm planning all of my road trips already so I can start financing my broke college ass for next year. Any suggestions as to where to say, eat, drink, etc...?

I promise I am very civil in person, and nothing like the ass you probably think I am.

bisonmike2
11-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Slightly off subject here but....

I'm thinking about coming up to the UNI/NDSU game next year. I grew up in extreme NW IA, about an hour and a half form each of the SD schools, so I know all about their campus's and not. I don't know anything about Fargo though. I'm planning all of my road trips already so I can start financing my broke college ass for next year. Any suggestions as to where to say, eat, drink, etc...?

I promise I am very civil in person, and nothing like the ass you probably think I am.

We welcome all, even the asses. But since you asked nicely I'll give you some suggestions for hotels.

Hotels:
Radission - nice, downtown, free shuttle to the Fargodome for the game. Located couple blocks off of broadway where a lot of bars are. But it will be one of your most expensive options.

Candlelight Inn - new, located next to the Fargodome. Also w/in stumbling distance of Buffalo Wild Wings.

Holiday Inn - nice but expensive. Best hotel bar in Fargo I.M.O. Isolated from other bars and activities.

Howard Johnson - cheaper and located close to the Radission downtown although not nearly as nice. Great hotel bar also.

clenz
11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
We welcome all, even the asses. But since you asked nicely I'll give you some suggestions for hotels.

Hotels:
Radission - nice, downtown, free shuttle to the Fargodome for the game. Located couple blocks off of broadway where a lot of bars are. But it will be one of your most expensive options.

Candlelight Inn - new, located next to the Fargodome. Also w/in stumbling distance of Buffalo Wild Wings.

Holiday Inn - nice but expensive. Best hotel bar in Fargo I.M.O. Isolated from other bars and activities.

Howard Johnson - cheaper and located close to the Radission downtown although not nearly as nice. Great hotel bar also.
Thank you. I will write those down and check into those.

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 07:43 PM

Hotels:

Mike----he said broke college ass.
I stay at the Super 8 which used to be a Micro Tel. Its about 50 a night. There are cheaper ones out there. Just check travelocity for the cheap ones as I am sure you wont be spending much time in the room anyway. PL

bisonmike2
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Mike----he said broke college ass.
I stay at the Super 8 which used to be a Micro Tel. Its about 50 a night. There are cheaper ones out there. Just check travelocity for the cheap ones as I am sure you wont be spending much time in the room anyway. PL

Hey, I didn't list the HoDo! Anyway I was assuming that he would travel like I did in college. Have about 8 people per room. The howard johnson's the most reasonable on my list. Should be able to get a room there for about $70. That's worth it for the old mosquito landing bar and grill.

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey, I didn't list the HoDo! Anyway I was assuming that he would travel like I did in college. Have about 8 people per room. The howard johnson's the most reasonable on my list. Should be able to get a room there for about $70. That's worth it for the old mosquito landing bar and grill.

Mike
Sorry as I forgot about the 8 per room college special.:D :D :D :D
PL

CarringtonBison
11-20-2008, 08:49 PM

I stayed there two weeks ago, ate and had drinks down in the bar. Not the greatest of rooms, but the bartender allowed me to take a beer with me to my room in a plastic cup-nice touch!! Payed I think 64.00 for a two bed room

IzzyFlexion
11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I think everyone is overlooking the most cost effective solution for Mr. "college boy" Clenz. My suggestion....get into town about mid-day on Friday and get your ass to Moorhead and start working the bars. Find yourself a nice "slump buster" and drink steadily (not too much/too fast, just steady) By about 10 or 11 you put the full court press on (maybe tell her you're a rich pre-med student from out of town) you make you way through a drunken haze down 8th Street to the Moorhead State campus, barge into her dorm room (with or without roommate).....do "whatever", get up early, head to the West Lot for tailgating, get a little "hair of the dog" treatment...then GAMETIME! Lodging problem.....SOLVED.

Don't worry if you get to this point. Just make sure you sober up in time for kickoff!
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x93/dagu52/funny%20pics/2drunk.jpg

clenz
11-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I think everyone is overlooking the most cost effective solution for Mr. "college boy" Clenz. My suggestion....get into town about mid-day on Friday and get your ass to Moorhead and start working the bars. Find yourself a nice "slump buster" and drink steadily (not too much/too fast, just steady) By about 10 or 11 you put the full court press on (maybe tell her you're a rich pre-med student from out of town) you make you way through a drunken haze down 8th Street to the Moorhead State campus, barge into her dorm room (with or without roommate).....do "whatever", get up early, head to the West Lot for tailgating, get a little "hair of the dog" treatment...then GAMETIME! Lodging problem.....SOLVED.

Don't worry if you get to this point. Just make sure you sober up in time for kickoff!
Sounds like a great idea....there is just one problem with it. By that point I will be marrie (getting married in July). I can't say that the wife would appreciate that.

MN_BISON
11-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a great idea....there is just one problem with it. By that point I will be marrie (getting married in July). I can't say that the wife would appreciate that.

Oh you'll be fine, didn't you see Road Trip? If one strays in a different state it's not considered cheating.:D Clenz is Dahl Hall bound!

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Then dont bring her if she is so narrow minded.:D
PL

90BISON
11-21-2008, 02:42 PM

I can't put my finger on it but for some reason this all sounds vaguely familiar.:blush: