PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Game....How Big??

CaBisonFan
11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
How important will this game be?

McBison
11-15-2008, 10:38 PM

Depends on what is important to you. Dakota Marker, pretty important seeings as how its the only chance to get it this year. Play offs, I wish it were more important then it is going to be...if that makes any sence. Love the Herd, but I am thinkin win or lose its the last game for 08.

Hart
11-15-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't know if we have a real legitimate shot at getting into the FCS playoffs, but as far as boosting team morale, looking ahead to 2009 and beating the piss out of the Jacks -- I'd say it's pretty important. I want to see our seniors leave on a good note and bring the Dakota Marker back up North. Perhaps it could help in recruiting as well. *shrugs* Some reasons I believe it is an important game.

HerdBot
11-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Huge. We get the marker back and I'm tellin' ya nothing is cooler than being there when the players storm the field and grab it.

We can lock up 3rd place in the toughest conference in the FCS and with some luck, snag the last playoff spot.

Of course we need Poly to lose to Davis and some pollsters who dig us.

Plus it will guarantee us a ranking in the top 20.

TheBisonator
11-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Huge. We get the marker back and I'm tellin' ya nothing is cooler than being there when the players storm the field and grab it.

We can lock up 3rd place in the toughest conference in the FCS and with some luck, snag the last playoff spot.

The top 20 ranking is the thing I really want to see.

roadwarrior
11-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Its going to be the biggest game of the year!!!!

sambini
11-16-2008, 03:39 AM
Its going to be the biggest game of the year!!!!
ITS HUGE+++++++++++++++++

cvbison1
11-16-2008, 04:21 AM
i wonder if there will be a full student section for the first time in a few games

ndsubison1
11-16-2008, 08:56 AM
we need an impressive win vs. SDSU, if we win but struggle, we wont get into the playoffs, we need something that will stick out in the eyes of the playoff committee

bisonmike2
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
It will be BIG. Word to the wise. Don't do a GIS on "BIG" with the safe search turn off. I was going to post a pick to help describe how big the game is. Well there goes that idea. But the game is huge.

stevdock
11-16-2008, 01:47 PM
It's so big my aunt and uncle are coming from Germany to watch the game. Well they might be coming for other things, but they will still be at the game.

It is a big game though. This is probably all we have to hang out hat on for this season, and we need to keep the Bunnies losing streak in Fargo to continue.

IzzyFlexion
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
It will be BIG. Word to the wise. Don't do a GIS on "BIG" with the safe search turn off. I was going to post a pick to help describe how big the game is. Well there goes that idea. But the game is huge.

OK, b-mike, I'm going to try enormous and then huge, and then gigantic.................wait for it.........................wait for it..................wait for it........nope, don't search those either. At least not on a Sunday!

Mr. Burgundy
11-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Based on a potential playoff game...HUGE. MUST WIN.

Based on recruiting? HUGE. HUGE. HUGE. My guess, and I don't know for sure, this will be our feature RECRUITING game. Most high school kids are done with their seasons, the coaches know this game will be packed and they know they will see a passionate stadium. This will be a fun game. Keep in mind that schools we are recruiting against (like UND and SDSU) have had some really bad recruiting days recently. UND lost to SUU in front of nobody, and SDSU had bad weather on deer hunting opener...and had 3000 fans.

So, put yourself in the kids shoes. You get a tour of the facilities (including locker room and coaches offices....and new turf!!!! Then you walk through tailgating with your host and your parents....and finally get on the sidelines for a packed and wild stadium. It is a lock. I hope next Sunday we have a few verbals. BIGTIME GAME FOR US...and our future!

SlickVic
11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Based on a potential playoff game...HUGE. MUST WIN.

Based on recruiting? HUGE. HUGE. HUGE. My guess, and I don't know for sure, this will be our feature RECRUITING game. Most high school kids are done with their seasons, the coaches know this game will be packed and they know they will see a passionate stadium. This will be a fun game. Keep in mind that schools we are recruiting against (like UND and SDSU) have had some really bad recruiting days recently. UND lost to SUU in front of nobody, and SDSU had bad weather on deer hunting opener...and had 3000 fans.

So, put yourself in the kids shoes. You get a tour of the facilities (including locker room and coaches offices....and new turf!!!! Then you walk through tailgating with your host and your parents....and finally get on the sidelines for a packed and wild stadium. It is a lock. I hope next Sunday we have a few verbals. BIGTIME GAME FOR US...and our future!

chea the 3 or 4 rows behind me are reserved for recruits ill have my popcorn ready ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM

hahahahahahahahahah

NDSUFan_Sav
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
This is the biggest game of the year. Hopefully we somehow get into the playoffs and not end this season...weather looks like mid to low 30's and sunny, hopefully its around there low 40's would be nice, but I'll be there regardless get in line around 11ish!!!!

Burgundy see ya there! If anyone else wants to have a drink and talk some football lemme know!!!

NDSUdonny
11-17-2008, 07:07 PM

Poly beat Davis 51-28 on Saturday. Poly plays Wisconsin this weekend and I don't think a loss to a FBS team would hurt them much. We will have to get our help somewhere else

SlickVic
11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Poly beat Davis 51-28 on Saturday. Poly plays Wisconsin this weekend and I don't think a loss to a FBS team would hurt them much. We will have to get our help somewhere else

SHOULDNT NEED ANY HELP A WIN AND WE IN GETCHA POPCORN READY ++++++++++

UTH
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the tip! I ran across a documentary about the troubles suffered by a 23 year old British girl named Jodie, whose 28K chest causes her so much misery. Poor girl. I'd say that this game is likely to be bigger than 28K.:nod:

bisonmike2
11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the tip! I ran across a documentary about the troubles suffered by a 23 year old British girl named Jodie, whose 28K chest causes her so much misery. Poor girl. I'd say that this game is likely to be bigger than 28K.:nod:

If you want tio try something really cool tryout goolge's new abbreviation search. It's a brand new feature in google that can do an accurate search by just using some initials. For instance, do you want more info on the huge Bison/Jacks game this weekend. Enter in Huge B.J. in the search and let it fly. Try it out, it works awesome! :nod:

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Sorry, but the Dakota Marker game is not a great rivalry

I'll give the Dakota Marker credit for two things:

It has generated some intensity for the North Dakota State-South Dakota State football game among the players on each team.
It has injected a dollop of juice into a game that, prior to 2004, had none.Beyond that, save your breath if you're trying to convince me that the annual NDSU-SDSU game is some sort of great college football rivalry.
It's not. It might be someday. But it isn't now.
The truth is in the buzz, and right now there isn't any around Fargo-Moorhead and the Red River Valley. Grocery stores, restaurants, watering holes, health clubs, newspaper offices, radio talk shows -- the list goes on -- are noticeably void of Bison-Jackrabbits chatter.
I call it my YMCA Rule. When I go to the downtown Y every day for a workout, what I hear people talking about is a pretty good indicator of what's on people's minds. I've been to the Y five days this week and I have heard zero people talking about Saturday's game and I have been asked zero questions about the game. Nobody has even struck up a conversation with the idle question of: "So, who's gonna win Saturday?" Nothing. And keep in mind, these are generally sports-minded people.
Compare this to the heyday of the NDSU-University of North Dakota games, when that is ALL anybody wanted to talk about the week of the game. Who's gonna win? Which quarterback is better? Which coach is better? Is this going to knock one team or the other out of the playoffs? Was I smart to bet a beer with my boss that the Bison are going to win? Even people who didn't graduate from either university paid attention to that game, because it was a Valley-wide and statewide event.
The Dakota Marker game is a big deal only to the players (which is fine) and the hard-core fans (many of whom frequent this blog and other Internet sites). And you know what? That's OK. It's the right of any fan to feel what they want to feel about any game. If you want to party like it's 1999 because the Bison beat the Jacks, or vice versa, go for it.
But I get the sense that many of the Bison fans screaming the loudest about the great rivalry between NDSU and SDSU are doing so because they want everybody to know that UND (or as the real clever ones refer to it, that school up north) is off their radar. I don't believe they really believe what they're saying, but they sure as hell want to let the world know that they've moved beyond the Sioux, that the Sioux aren't the Bison's biggest rivals, and so on and so forth. Ad nauseam, emphasis on nausea.
If a Bison fan (or coach or administrator or school president) wants to argue that NDSU shouldn't schedule UND in football or any other sport -- and has a legitimate point or two to back it up -- I can respect that opinion. Sort of, even though it makes no sense to me. But please indulge me in two aspects: Don't say the the Sioux aren't your biggest rival, because they are even if you're not playing them; and don't say that the Dakota Marker game is a great rivalry, because it's not.
What's missing is the animosity. While I often thought the NDSU-UND garbage went way over the top (to the point, frankly, that covering and writing about the football game wasn't all that much fun), the rivalry was lengthy and deep enough that there was genuine dislike between some of the coaches, players and fans. Again, too much of that stuff is a bad thing, but you knew some of the principles wouldn't be having lunch together anytime soon. The week of the game was always filled with a quip or snippet or verbal cheap shot that added some spice to things. The media in Fargo and Grand Forks got involved. There was a rivalry even between the cities. The Ag School vs. the Doctors and Lawyers stuff. And lore like Rocky Hager's "knucklehead" comment ... you can't make that up.
The Dakota Marker game has none of that. It is still sterile, filled with respectful comments and Kumbaya. The games are certainly competitive and intense, but it's a little tough to force people to care when they didn't care the 90 times the schools met previously. Part of that is simply a time factor, of course. The game was anointed a rivalry only in 2004. Maybe in 10 or 20 years there will be a vault of animosity, there will be points of controversy, there will be some dislike. But as long as John Stiegelmeier, Craig Bohl, Fred Oien and Gene Taylor are all playing kissy-kissy, it's hard to envision it.
And then there is this: Whatever blood rivalry NDSU develops with SDSU, if any, has a limited shelf life as the alleged No. 1 rivalry. When the day comes that the Bison and Sioux play again -- and it will happen, sometime, in some way -- the Jackrabbits immediately will be shoved to the back of the line. The Dakota Marker will remain, and the game might retain some of the jolt with which it's been infused, but any talk of the game being the marquee matchup of the year will vaporize.
NDSU and SDSU deserve credit for increasing the profile and meaning of their football game every year. Good for them. Judging by the crowds at the Fargodome and in Brookings, S.D., the past few years, it's worked. But until the buzz around town is louder than the sound of crickets chirping, spare me the lecture on how great this rivalry is.

Posted by: Mike McFeely (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/index.cfm) on 11/21/2008 at 2:59 PM | Comments (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?page=comments&blog=36908) (0) | Permalink (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?blog=36908)

HerdBot
11-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Sorry, but the Dakota Marker game is not a great rivalry

I'll give the Dakota Marker credit for two things:

It has generated some intensity for the North Dakota State-South Dakota State football game among the players on each team.
It has injected a dollop of juice into a game that, prior to 2004, had none.Beyond that, save your breath if you're trying to convince me that the annual NDSU-SDSU game is some sort of great college football rivalry.
It's not. It might be someday. But it isn't now.
The truth is in the buzz, and right now there isn't any around Fargo-Moorhead and the Red River Valley. Grocery stores, restaurants, watering holes, health clubs, newspaper offices, radio talk shows -- the list goes on -- are noticeably void of Bison-Jackrabbits chatter.
I call it my YMCA Rule. When I go to the downtown Y every day for a workout, what I hear people talking about is a pretty good indicator of what's on people's minds. I've been to the Y five days this week and I have heard zero people talking about Saturday's game and I have been asked zero questions about the game. Nobody has even struck up a conversation with the idle question of: "So, who's gonna win Saturday?" Nothing. And keep in mind, these are generally sports-minded people.
Compare this to the heyday of the NDSU-University of North Dakota games, when that is ALL anybody wanted to talk about the week of the game. Who's gonna win? Which quarterback is better? Which coach is better? Is this going to knock one team or the other out of the playoffs? Was I smart to bet a beer with my boss that the Bison are going to win? Even people who didn't graduate from either university paid attention to that game, because it was a Valley-wide and statewide event.
The Dakota Marker game is a big deal only to the players (which is fine) and the hard-core fans (many of whom frequent this blog and other Internet sites). And you know what? That's OK. It's the right of any fan to feel what they want to feel about any game. If you want to party like it's 1999 because the Bison beat the Jacks, or vice versa, go for it.
But I get the sense that many of the Bison fans screaming the loudest about the great rivalry between NDSU and SDSU are doing so because they want everybody to know that UND (or as the real clever ones refer to it, that school up north) is off their radar. I don't believe they really believe what they're saying, but they sure as hell want to let the world know that they've moved beyond the Sioux, that the Sioux aren't the Bison's biggest rivals, and so on and so forth. Ad nauseam, emphasis on nausea.
If a Bison fan (or coach or administrator or school president) wants to argue that NDSU shouldn't schedule UND in football or any other sport -- and has a legitimate point or two to back it up -- I can respect that opinion. Sort of, even though it makes no sense to me. But please indulge me in two aspects: Don't say the the Sioux aren't your biggest rival, because they are even if you're not playing them; and don't say that the Dakota Marker game is a great rivalry, because it's not.
What's missing is the animosity. While I often thought the NDSU-UND garbage went way over the top (to the point, frankly, that covering and writing about the football game wasn't all that much fun), the rivalry was lengthy and deep enough that there was genuine dislike between some of the coaches, players and fans. Again, too much of that stuff is a bad thing, but you knew some of the principles wouldn't be having lunch together anytime soon. The week of the game was always filled with a quip or snippet or verbal cheap shot that added some spice to things. The media in Fargo and Grand Forks got involved. There was a rivalry even between the cities. The Ag School vs. the Doctors and Lawyers stuff. And lore like Rocky Hager's "knucklehead" comment ... you can't make that up.
The Dakota Marker game has none of that. It is still sterile, filled with respectful comments and Kumbaya. The games are certainly competitive and intense, but it's a little tough to force people to care when they didn't care the 90 times the schools met previously. Part of that is simply a time factor, of course. The game was anointed a rivalry only in 2004. Maybe in 10 or 20 years there will be a vault of animosity, there will be points of controversy, there will be some dislike. But as long as John Stiegelmeier, Craig Bohl, Fred Oien and Gene Taylor are all playing kissy-kissy, it's hard to envision it.
And then there is this: Whatever blood rivalry NDSU develops with SDSU, if any, has a limited shelf life as the alleged No. 1 rivalry. When the day comes that the Bison and Sioux play again -- and it will happen, sometime, in some way -- the Jackrabbits immediately will be shoved to the back of the line. The Dakota Marker will remain, and the game might retain some of the jolt with which it's been infused, but any talk of the game being the marquee matchup of the year will vaporize.
NDSU and SDSU deserve credit for increasing the profile and meaning of their football game every year. Good for them. Judging by the crowds at the Fargodome and in Brookings, S.D., the past few years, it's worked. But until the buzz around town is louder than the sound of crickets chirping, spare me the lecture on how great this rivalry is.

Posted by: Mike McFeely (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/index.cfm) on 11/21/2008 at 2:59 PM | Comments (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?page=comments&blog=36908) (0) | Permalink (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?blog=36908)

You can't compare it to the UND game in it's hey day. First off, it's not in it's hey day anymore. Second. That was a different D2 era. I'm extremely excited about the border battle game. Am I as excited as I used to get over UND? No. But a great rivaly is unfolding in fron tof our eyes. The last 2 games have been barn burners and it's starting to become big and others feel the same way. Remember the 7,000 fans that made the trip to SD last year? The UND rivalry was not big in it's early days either. Remember when we used to play the other schools right across the river?

twowheels
11-22-2008, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=56BISON73;231139]Sorry, but the Dakota Marker game is not a great rivalry

"I call it my YMCA Rule. When I go to the downtown Y every day for a workout, what I hear people talking about is a pretty good indicator of what's on people's minds. I've been to the Y five days this week and I have heard zero people talking about Saturday's game and I have been asked zero questions about the game. Nobody has even struck up a conversation with the idle question of: "So, who's gonna win Saturday?" Nothing. And keep in mind, these are generally sports-minded people."

May I ask you, when you say, “I have heard zero people talking about Saturday’s game” does that include yourself? What are you doing to help put the past behind and to help build for the future? What have you done to help build this rivalry? The past is a essential part of history, and is so very important for meaningful memories. There was a time the flying V formation was the “all” for football as were leather helmets and I love watching the look on my father’s face when he talks about his football days at Concorda in the 30’s, but there comes a time to turn the page and help to build for the future. Maybe some of those “zero” people were waiting for you to bring the conversation up, to help turn the page, to look towards the future.

56BISON73
11-22-2008, 12:09 AM
[quote=56BISON73;231139]Sorry, but the Dakota Marker game is not a great rivalry

"I call it my YMCA Rule. When I go to the downtown Y every day for a workout, what I hear people talking about is a pretty good indicator of what's on people's minds. I've been to the Y five days this week and I have heard zero people talking about Saturday's game and I have been asked zero questions about the game. Nobody has even struck up a conversation with the idle question of: "So, who's gonna win Saturday?" Nothing. And keep in mind, these are generally sports-minded people."

May I ask you, when you say, “I have heard zero people talking about Saturday’s game” does that include yourself? What are you doing to help put the past behind and to help build for the future? What have you done to help build this rivalry? The past is a essential part of history, and is so very important for meaningful memories. There was a time the flying V formation was the “all” for football as were leather helmets and I love watching the look on my father’s face when he talks about his football days at Concorda in the 30’s, but there comes a time to turn the page and help to build for the future. Maybe some of those “zero” people were waiting for you to bring the conversation up, to help turn the page, to look towards the future.

Why should they turn the page??? These people see it for what it is and I agree. BUT-------
You might also want to check who wrote the article as you quoted me. PL

twowheels
11-22-2008, 12:16 AM
[quote=twowheels;231180]

Why should they turn the page??? These people see it for what it is and I agree. BUT-------
You might also want to check who wrote the article as you quoted me. PL

Stand corrected

CaBisonFan
11-22-2008, 01:16 AM
The last couple of games have had conference and national ranking implications. I'll never forget the track meet in 2006...or the piece of manure that shot us out of the #1 ranking in 2007. We played like Santa Claus...but we were also really beat up by then.

I think that the real significance lies in the fact that SDSU & NDSU took a mutual leap of faith into DI-AA...against a TON of political pressure...while the USD & UND communities ridiculed us. That's given the two universities a tie. But it's not in the 'great rivalry' class yet.

I could see the game with UNI growing in intensity over time. Depends on the quality of the teams.

Nothing will eclipse the old one with undy...but I don't want the Bison to play them until they get through the transition.

The old Montana games were pretty big.

Big game Saturday for sure...against a program that has gained in stature.

imported_Bisongold
11-22-2008, 04:18 AM
People in the hinter lands are very interested in this game. I can't tell you how many people have asked if I am going to the game and that they wished they had tickets. I also think it is very possible to have more than one rivalry game ( if that is what you call it when teams play for some symbolic trophy) I am very pumped for the game and people will definitely tune in on the TV in a big way. If this rivalry motivates the players and the fans and gets the dome filled, what could be better?

DIBISON
11-22-2008, 05:02 AM
It's the game of the year for the players, coaches, SU's and fans of both great states of ND and SD.

99Bison
11-22-2008, 05:42 AM
TON of people asking me for tickets this week... And asking about the game.

Mr. Burgundy
11-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree with a prior poster. We can have several rivalries. Since Brookings is so close and their fans are upset that our fan base took over their stadium, broke an attendence record...etc....they probably view this as a huge rivalry. Which it is. After going to UNI this year, that is a huge rivalry as well. I also think SIU is a big one. In a great conference, you have many big games. I don't understand why McFeeley has to compare this rivalry to the UND rivalry. If he is at the game (you can catch him on Bville), he will see the intensity. Should be fun to all.

bisonmike2
11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=56BISON73;231139]Sorry, but the Dakota Marker game is not a great rivalry

He's an idiot. This game was sold out faster than any other game since going D1 and as far back as I can remember, which does include some UND games. Maybe he's just lumping in the 15,000 people that bought tickets month's ago as only the hardcore fans. And a game that isn't a great rivalry doesn't get 6,000 + fans to travel to the opposing teams stadium either. McFeeley is mistaking the lack bickering and bitching between fans of both teams as lack of rivalry intensity. We just have alot more respect for our SDSU oppenents than we ever did for UND. Maybe McFeeley hasn't heard any talk about it at the YMCA because nobody wants to ever talk to him?

SUPERBUNNY
11-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree with a prior poster. We can have several rivalries. Since Brookings is so close and their fans are upset that our fan base took over their stadium, broke an attendence record...etc....they probably view this as a huge rivalry. Which it is. After going to UNI this year, that is a huge rivalry as well. I also think SIU is a big one. In a great conference, you have many big games. I don't understand why McFeeley has to compare this rivalry to the UND rivalry. If he is at the game (you can catch him on Bville), he will see the intensity. Should be fun to all.

I'm not sure if you are referring to a post of mine or not but I don't know anyone who is "upset" that your fans came down to the game and filled our stadium up. I thought that was awesome! Now, I hope we continue to grow our fan base so that there is only room for a 1,000 Bison fans just like your situation up there. We're gaining but its a ways off.

I do consider the NDSU game a rivalry game. The intesity of the USD isn't quite there but then again I don't worry about brining my kids to a NDSU game. It should grow over time and when both schools do start playing the other schools the NDSU/SDSU game will continue to be a rivalry game.

This subject has been kind of beat to death over the years. Bottom line for both schools it is the game that we circle on the map and say that is the big one.

Good luck today!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

99Bison
11-22-2008, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=twowheels;231180]
hasn't heard any talk about it at the YMCA because nobody wants to ever talk to him?

hahahahha :rofl: :rofl:
touche, touche

Mr. Burgundy
11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Superbunny, I wasn't reffering to you. You had a good post. Have fun today.

McFeeley hasn't heard from anyone at the YMCA because he doesn't talk. PERIOD. Introvert at its finest. His mom told him to write because he doesn't talk.

56BISON73
11-22-2008, 03:47 PM
He's an idiot. This game was sold out faster than any other game since going D1 and as far back as I can remember, which does include some UND games. Maybe he's just lumping in the 15,000 people that bought tickets month's ago as only the hardcore fans. And a game that isn't a great rivalry doesn't get 6,000 + fans to travel to the opposing teams stadium either. McFeeley is mistaking the lack bickering and bitching between fans of both teams as lack of rivalry intensity. We just have alot more respect for our SDSU oppenents than we ever did for UND. Maybe McFeeley hasn't heard any talk about it at the YMCA because nobody wants to ever talk to him?

Let me know how many empty seats there are today ok. PL

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

JackJD
11-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I disagree with McFeely on this one but overall it was a readable column and I think expresses a viewpoint that probably is shared by several -- the key point I think McFeely made was that if NDSU and UND square off again, that rivalry may instantly be bigger than the SDSU rivalry. Time will tell whether he is right but it appears to me that the special hatred apparent between UND and NDSU is not found at the same level between SDSU and NDSU.

McFeely is really saying that a big rivalry includes intense hatred.

Personally, I try to avoid that emotion. Intense dislike is about as far as I'll go. I have too many good friends at NDSU.

Now, turning to intense dislike. Mr. Burgundy and others who continue to claim you took over our stadium last year continue to be full of crap. Yes, you had a tremendous crowd...probably a little more than 3,000, maybe approaching 4,000. That's huge. Impressive. But, take over? B.S. Watch the replay of the game sometime. (We win each time.)

See you in your dome today.

56BISON73
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I disagree with McFeely on this one but overall it was a readable column and I think expresses a viewpoint that probably is shared by several -- the key point I think McFeely made was that if NDSU and UND square off again, that rivalry may instantly be bigger than the SDSU rivalry. Time will tell whether he is right but it appears to me that the special hatred apparent between UND and NDSU is not found at the same level between SDSU and NDSU.

Personally, I try to avoid that emotion. Intense dislike is about as far as I'll go. I have too many good friends at NDSU.

Now, turning to intense dislike. Mr. Burgundy and others who continue to claim you took over our stadium last year continue to be full of crap. Yes, you had a tremendous crowd...probably a little more than 3,000, maybe approaching 4,000. That's huge. Impressive. But, take over? B.S. Watch the replay of the game sometime. (We win each time.)

Hell some still think there were 30,000 Bison fans at the Dome last year. LOL PL

CaBisonFan
11-22-2008, 07:12 PM

Remember that you're on our board, and that some homer talk about taking over a stadium is what you should expect to see. We work at firing ourselves up.

If I went to the Jacks' board, I bet that there'd be plenty of that kind of thing.

You're confused about that. This place is pretty tame.

We're all aware of the outcome of the game from 2007. We were all very disappointed...as you've been several times...and I'm being 'kind.'

I don't understand why you're offended by this small stuff...meaning, very normal stuff on a team's blog, or board.

SDSU gets a ton of respect here. It's consistent.

Finally...taking over Coughlin means that we came 'in force,' and we were proud of it. It's not just about the numbers. I watched the broadcast...and there were times during the game when the Bison crowd 'did' take the place over.

It's another Bison tradition that I wouldn't expect anyone outside of Bison country to know about, or to give a rip about.

Relax.

I do agree with what you wrote about the rivalry. I don't have a strong dislike for SDSU. It's just during the game. As for undy, I hate almost everything about it...including the trees & grass on campus.

We have a very, very good...healthy....rivalry.

bisonmike2
11-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Hell some still think there were 30,000 Bison fans at the Dome last year. LOL PL

I was there and it was close. What's your point?

bisonmike2
11-22-2008, 07:47 PM

Has the game not sold out? Was it not sold out months ago?

56BISON73
11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Has the game not sold out? Was it not sold out months ago?

Read my post again. But to explain it to you-----sold out does not equate to a full house---BUTTS IN THE SEATS.

It was sold out months ago when expectations were high. Much has changed since then.

Ive been to sold out games in the FFD with hundreds of empty blue seats all around.
PL

99Bison
11-23-2008, 04:11 AM

I'd estimate 1000-2000. 500 of which are from students.

56BISON73
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
I'd estimate 1000-2000. 500 of which are from students.

More than I thought it would be. Hmmmmm
PL

A1pigskin
11-23-2008, 08:28 PM
This game was huge. A lot of things had to go the Bison way like 10 other teams losing and it happened. The one thing that did not happen was our win.

EndZoneQB
11-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I think that the real significance lies in the fact that SDSU & NDSU took a mutual leap of faith into DI-AA...against a TON of political pressure...while the USD & UND communities ridiculed us. That's given the two universities a tie. But it's not in the 'great rivalry' class yet.

I could see the game with UNI growing in intensity over time. Depends on the quality of the teams.

Nothing will eclipse the old one with undy...but I don't want the Bison to play them until they get through the transition.

I agree with this completely. Thats why they may never be the "hate" in the rivalry. It's just kinda like "hey, you guys took the plunge with us, we probably couldn't have done it without you(because it was easier for us to get into our conferences, etc)", but the rivalry is based in wanting to beat them to show that your program has come further IMO. I personally compare us to them in about every sport, just because they are a good gauge to where we are in our "transition", so it naturally makes me feel more competitive towards SDSU.