PDA

View Full Version : 2009 recruits?? hello?

lakesbison
11-13-2008, 05:08 AM
anyone help me out?

lakesbison
11-13-2008, 06:00 AM
ill help myself....

this jackson seaman dude turned down WASHINGTON StATE for NDSU???? cmon....

BASEBALL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wes Satzinger

Infielder

Andover, Minn.

He hit .436 with 27 RBIs for his Legion team last summer. His father, Jeff, was an

eighth-round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1983 and played professionally for eight years.

Jackson Seaman

Infielder/pitcher

Coeur D’Alene, Idaho

A first team all-conference player the last two years, Seaman was selected to play in the Pacific Northwest Championships the last three years.

“He turned down Washington State and Portland State,” said head coach Tod Brown. “He felt like he fit in here and this is where he could get on the field the quickest.”

Nic Obey

Outfielder

Des Moines Area CC

The Chatfield, Minn., graduate hit .344 with eight doubles and six home runs. Brown figures he would be one of the top two fastest players on the team if he was on the team this year.

Mark Schroeder

Pitcher

Des Moines Area CC

Also from Andover, he was 7-4 with a 4.08 ERA in 12 starts last spring. Des Moines qualified for the Division II Junior College World Series last year.

“He throws between 85 and 88 miles per hour with a slider and curveball,” Brown said.

– Jeff Kolpack

coldspot
11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12103&SPID=706&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1623386

TheDoctor
11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
It's the 2009 answer...Mongo says he wanted to go somewhere he could play immediately and stay away from a large school. He was also at their baseball camp last summer. ;)

jeffdaryl3rd
11-15-2008, 11:35 PM
I think that Brown has the program moving in the right direction, especially on the recruiting side of things. They've been getting guys to commit in the early signing period which is a good sign. On a side note, I had a nice little conversation about Brown with one of the guys from his Bowling Green days and he had nothing but good things to say.

TheDoctor
11-16-2008, 12:46 AM
I think that Brown has the program moving in the right direction, especially on the recruiting side of things. They've been getting guys to commit in the early signing period which is a good sign. On a side note, I had a nice little conversation about Brown with one of the guys from his Bowling Green days and he had nothing but good things to say.

The trippling of their scholarships on the athletic department's part helps a lot as well. ;)

SlickVic
11-16-2008, 01:26 AM
The trippling of their scholarships on the athletic department's part helps a lot as well. ;)

in the words of the great sambini+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Hammersmith
11-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Are they at(or close to) the 11.7 max for next year?

Mr. Burgundy
11-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I think they are at 7 or 7.5.

roadwarrior
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I think 9.

SlickVic
11-17-2008, 12:46 AM
It's the 2009 answer...Mongo says he wanted to go somewhere he could play immediately and stay away from a large school. He was also at their baseball camp last summer. ;)

ya mongos the man i can just see him blazeing up the recruiting trails sitting on a potential pitchers couch "have you ever seen the show cribs on mtv?" well thats what newman out door fields like lol just love that guy

ndsubison1
11-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Should try and get Ryan Bollinger out of Minot, big lefty pitcher, a lot of upside and is being looked at by some major league scouts. He already has an offer from Oregon St., so maybe we're out of the question.

coldspot
11-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Should try and get Ryan Bollinger out of Minot, big lefty pitcher, a lot of upside and is being looked at by some major league scouts. He already has an offer from Oregon St., so maybe we're out of the question.

according to the minot legion website, he's headed to iowa western next year.

lakesbison
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Iowa Western is a solid feeder to bigger programs, but my gosh, if you have an offer from Iowa Western in that crappy town vs NDSU and NEWMAN STADIUM.... there's not a choice.

unfortunate.

coldspot
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Iowa Western is a solid feeder to bigger programs, but my gosh, if you have an offer from Iowa Western in that crappy town vs NDSU and NEWMAN STADIUM.... there's not a choice.

unfortunate.

i think he's looking to go to a big time program or get drafted after he's done at iowa western.

ndsubison1
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
according to the minot legion website, he's headed to iowa western next year.

thanks for the info, yeah Iowa Western is a top juco program, he will likely transfer to a big school or head to the minors after playing there

coldspot
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
ive been given some insider information that fargo south pitcher kyle kingsley will be a bison next year and will be playing baseball. he will more than likely just be a pitcher. he is roughly 6'3", 230 pounds. here are his stats from high school and legion this last spring and summer.

high school: 3-1, .81 ERA, 43 k, 6 bb, 26 innings pitched

legion: 7-1, 3.83 ERA, 45 k, 13 bb, 51 2/3 innings pitched

bisonpride
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
ive been given some insider information that fargo south pitcher kyle kingsley will be a bison next year and will be playing baseball. he will more than likely just be a pitcher. he is roughly 6'3", 230 pounds. here are his stats from high school and legion this last spring and summer.

high school: 3-1, .81 ERA, 43 k, 6 bb, 26 innings pitched

legion: 7-1, 3.83 ERA, 45 k, 13 bb, 51 2/3 innings pitched

Look at the difference wood bats make during the HS season on the stat line. Another pitcher with a lot of potential.

aces1180
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Look at the difference wood bats make during the HS season on the stat line. Another pitcher with a lot of potential.

You also have to consider that the level of competition in Legion baseball is higher than in high school. Legion baseball, at least in ND, takes the best kids from all the high schools in that city and combines them into an all-star team...That is a reason why Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks and Minot have good programs. Plus, during the Legion season, teams will travel to other states and play really good squads. If he is putting up those numbers during the summer, he is something special.

bisonball
12-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Don't forget to take the North Dakota inflation/deflation factor into consideration! Divide any North Dakotans batting stats by two and multiply their e.r.a. by two and then you have their real numbers!

aces1180
12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Don't forget to take the North Dakota inflation/deflation factor into consideration! Divide any North Dakotans batting stats by two and multiply their e.r.a. by two and then you have their real numbers!

Not quite...There are some good players in ND...However, many of them leave for JCs in Iowa and Kansas.

bisonball
12-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I know there are some good players, but as a whole the competition is not very good. I was referring to legion ball stats being better than the player might really be, due to lack of competition.

d3boys
12-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I know there are some good players, but as a whole the competition is not very good. I was referring to legion ball stats being better than the player might really be, due to lack of competition.

tell that to rick helling

bisonpride
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
True high school teams are combined for the Legion season. But the ERA and K/Inn is very evident of how big wood bats make a difference for pitchers in ND high school ball. I was being serious about having a lot of potential. He will be a good addition to the program.

There are definitely some talented HS players in ND but there are an abundant number of average at best starters at the Class A level.

d3boys
12-12-2008, 07:03 PM
bill ibach of fargo just got fired
why

coldspot
12-12-2008, 07:11 PM
why

the article says the board wants the program to go in another direction. my gut says people (parents and players) werent happy with him as coach anymore and wanted him out. i played for post 2 for two years (06-07) and saw this start to develop my first year.

aces1180
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
why

He sent an email out to a bunch of coaches and Legion baseball officials saying Post 2 wanted to go in another direction. My dad is on the North Dakota and National American Legion Baseball Committees, so he was included in the e-mail. When I used to ump Post 2 games a few years ago, Bill was always nice to me.

coldspot
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
He sent an email out to a bunch of coaches and Legion baseball officials saying Post 2 wanted to go in another direction. My dad is on the North Dakota and National American Legion Baseball Committees, so he was included in the e-mail. When I used to ump Post 2 games a few years ago, Bill was always nice to me. From what I have been told, the people running the program in Fargo aren't very baseball savy.

some of those people used to coach/play at ndsu.

bisonball
12-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I coached against Bill for 3 years and it seemed like he was a very good legion coach. He always fielded quality teams, but I have heard that he can be a unlikeable coach. Not sure if that's the truth or if the info just came from people with grudges.

coldspot
01-26-2009, 02:29 AM
since we had been discussing it in here, fargo legion has named jeff fiechtner their new head coach. i got to play for fic back in the day and he is a blast to be around. great person and an abundance of baseball knowledge. he'll put some butts in the seats too.

forum news link (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/229058/group/home/)

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
yea, i hope you guys can recruit jeter, a-rod, and ichiro.....

you'll need it.

ITS ALMOST BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!

lakesbison
02-01-2009, 04:55 PM
"our stadium is better than yours!!" ha ha

coldspot
02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
yea, i hope you guys can recruit jeter, a-rod, and ichiro.....

you'll need it.

ITS ALMOST BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!

april 24th-26th. mark it down. hopefully the weather is gorgeous so more people will go. i would love to see an ndsu game with more than 1,000 people at it. could you imagine newman packed for a game that doesnt feature the redhawks?

hopefully reggie jackson isnt umping, he's such a game wrecker.:banghead:

Tatanka
02-02-2009, 12:23 AM
april 24th-26th. mark it down. hopefully the weather is gorgeous so more people will go. i would love to see an ndsu game with more than 1,000 people at it. could you imagine newman packed for a game that doesnt feature the redhawks?

hopefully reggie jackson isnt umping, he's such a game wrecker.:banghead:

So marked.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/phoshizzle.jpg

O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle
02-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Yea, its marked down. We'll see you up there, make sure to bring yourselves some vasoline...

its going to be a long weekend for the bison.

(all in good fun of course.)

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

ndsubison1
02-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Yea, its marked down. We'll see you up there, make sure to bring yourselves some vasoline...

as long as there's no snow on the ground :)

coldspot
02-07-2009, 12:13 AM

make sure you bring your flood attire. it might be a little soggy when you get up here. would you be up for a little sand bagging?