PDA

View Full Version : Why NDSU will end up 7-4

Scooter1
11-12-2008, 01:22 AM
It's Tuesday night and we have two more games left on the schedule. Both of these games are ones that we should win.

Missouri State I just don't buy the notion that Missouri state is going to be able to hang with the Bison. These guys are way to small on the defensive line and with an extra week to get some guys back from some nagging injuries, we should be the healthiest that we have been since before the Central Connecticut game. Missouri State got blown out by SDSU 43-13. This tells me that the Bears have problems with physical teams. NDSU's defense is better than SDSU's....we may not put up 43 against the Bears, but we won't have to. Our defense is rated at the top of the MVC in just about every category and given the fact that this offense has continually put the defense behind the eight ball underscores just how well the defense has played on a whole this year.

Before I get to SDSU, There is one thing I would like to bring up. Central Connecticut was probably the most costly game the Bison have played since Beachy went down to injury against Pitt St. Now, follow me on this one...we lost a ton of guys in this game but Tyler Roehl still is not the same back that started the season. I firmly believe that a healthy Tyler Roehl puts a minimum of two losses over in the win category. Losing to Wyoming and Youngstown when Tyler was either out or at 50/50 put this team in a funk that it took five games to shake. It's amazing how fast a team can go from the dominant team we saw against CCSU to the team that showed up in the first half against UNI. I firmly believe that the seed of doubt is the most distructive thing in football. Now, on to why we will beat SDSU...

SDSU I've got to be honest. When I read some of the praise that some posters give to how good SDSU is...come on...they are good, but they aren't that good.

Are you freakin' kidding me...SDSU has given up more that 30 points in half of its games. It has given up more than 40 points 4 times this year. Iowa State is not a powerhouse team. They (Iowa State) are 2-8 and pumped SDSU 44-17 and it should have been worse. We can all agree that Wyoming is not very good and we should have won this game. Wyoming is better than Iowa State, just ask Tennesee.

Are you freakin' kidding me #2... a 50-48 come from behind win to SFA? This is SFA we are talking about...I'll leave it at that.

How about the offense? I will give SDSU credit... they have stepped to the throats of the teams that the were supposed to pump...Indiana State, Youngstown, Illinois St, and Missouri State. But, once again, three of their losses have been by at least two touchdowns. How many games have the Bison lost this year by 10 points or more?....(hint, the answer is 0) In three of the four losses, we have had the opportunity to win or tie late in the fourth quarter. For the Jacks, they were down big to UNI, Cal Poly, and Iowa St and late TD's made the game respectable. I don't put much stock in fourth quarter "who gives a crap, you still lost by 14 points touchdowns"

The Biggest reason of all we will win...We do not lose to SDSU at home.

Call me a homer or say I have rose colored glasses on, but we are going to win this game buy at least 10 points. So, there you have it...I just gave the Bison the kiss of death. :-)

PS... is it Beechy or Beachy... I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong.

HerdBot
11-12-2008, 02:09 AM
It's Tuesday night and we have two more games left on the schedule. Both of these games are ones that we should win.

Missouri State I just don't buy the notion that Missouri state is going to be able to hang with the Bison. These guys are way to small on the defensive line and with an extra week to get some guys back from some nagging injuries, we should be the healthiest that we have been since before the Central Connecticut game. Missouri State got blown out by SDSU 43-13. This tells me that the Bears have problems with physical teams. NDSU's defense is better than SDSU's....we may not put up 43 against the Bears, but we won't have to. Our defense is rated at the top of the MVC in just about every category and given the fact that this offense has continually put the defense behind the eight ball underscores just how well the defense has played on a whole this year.

Before I get to SDSU, There is one thing I would like to bring up. Central Connecticut was probably the most costly game the Bison have played since Beachy went down to injury against Pitt St. Now, follow me on this one...we lost a ton of guys in this game but Tyler Roehl still is not the same back that started the season. I firmly believe that a healthy Tyler Roehl puts a minimum of two losses over in the win category. Losing to Wyoming and Youngstown when Tyler was either out or at 50/50 put this team in a funk that it took five games to shake. It's amazing how fast a team can go from the dominant team we saw against CCSU to the team that showed up in the first half against UNI. I firmly believe that the seed of doubt is the most distructive thing in football. Now, on to why we will beat SDSU...

SDSU I've got to be honest. When I read some of the praise that some posters give to how good SDSU is...come on...they are good, but they aren't that good.

Are you freakin' kidding me...SDSU has given up more that 30 points in half of its games. It has given up more than 40 points 4 times this year. Iowa State is not a powerhouse team. They (Iowa State) are 2-8 and pumped SDSU 44-17 and it should have been worse. We can all agree that Wyoming is not very good and we should have won this game. Wyoming is better than Iowa State, just ask Tennesee.

Are you freakin' kidding me #2... a 50-48 come from behind win to SFA? This is SFA we are talking about...I'll leave it at that.

How about the offense? I will give SDSU credit... they have stepped to the throats of the teams that the were supposed to pump...Indiana State, Youngstown, Illinois St, and Missouri State. But, once again, three of their losses have been by at least two touchdowns. How many games have the Bison lost this year by 10 points or more?....(hint, the answer is 0) In three of the four losses, we have had the opportunity to win or tie late in the fourth quarter. For the Jacks, they were down big to UNI, Cal Poly, and Iowa St and late TD's made the game respectable. I don't put much stock in fourth quarter "who gives a crap, you still lost by 14 points touchdowns"

The Biggest reason of all we will win...We do not lose to SDSU at home.

Call me a homer or say I have rose colored glasses on, but we are going to win this game buy at least 10 points. So, there you have it...I just gave the Bison the kiss of death. :-)

PS... is it Beechy or Beachy... I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong.

Good Arden Beachey reference... I was at that game. I think SDSU is similar to Western Illinois. But what should concern us is how they are just starting to peak.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 02:13 AM
It's Beachy.

Excellent article Scooter1. Thanks for a nice taste of Bison positive attitude. It's not rosy glasses. It's the way that Bison fans should look at things.

clenz
11-12-2008, 02:14 AM

But the Bison are good enough to be ranked?

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 02:19 AM
But the Bison are good enough to be ranked?

Absolutely

And if we're healthy...and Nick plays reasonably well...we can beat most teams in the top 25.

We've lost 4 games that we were in...games that could have turned on one less interception...one catch...one less penalty...etc.

The talent level of this team is huge. We were ranked #1 for a reason.

I think that Scooter1 has written a very good analysis of what has happened. It's been a sad unraveling of what could have been a very special team.

clenz
11-12-2008, 02:21 AM
The talent level of this team is huge. We were ranked #1 for a reason.
At the same time you are 5-4 for a reason.

I get it is a rivalry but the lack of respect for a team that only has one loss in conference and is in line to possibly get a share of the conference title is crazy

UTH
11-12-2008, 02:24 AM
It's not rosy glasses. It's the way that Bison fans should look at things.

Dern tootin'. Who gives a rip what color the glasses are, so long as they also have blinders to help keep the eye on the prize. Just win out, take The Marker back, and hope and pray that the moon, stars, and all the planets line up.

There's nothing wrong with keeping hope and a positive attitude, along with working toward achieving the goal.*

*it's keeping stupid, unrealistic expectations that set people up for disappointment:hide:

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2008, 02:27 AM

I get it is a rivalry but the lack of respect for a team that only has one loss in conference and is in line to possibly get a share of the conference title is crazy

Is there some sort of contest among panthernation people (ala, Mr. Clenz from Cedar Falls) as to who is the most prolific Bisonville troller??

clenz
11-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Is there some sort of contest among panthernation people (ala, Mr. Clenz from Cedar Falls) as to who is the most prolific Bisonville troller??

No, I read all of the boards from time to time. I am not trying to troll at all....as for that other ass clown that has been here I don't think any Panther fans claim him.

Scooter1
11-12-2008, 02:50 AM
Message deleted due to duplication of post.

Scooter1
11-12-2008, 03:15 AM

You act like SDSU is a 9-1 team. They aren't. They have given up a ton of points and haven't been in three of the games I have made reference. I've backed my statements up with facts. They may have weight, they may not. But, they certainly aren't crazy. Do you seriously want us to believe that SDSU has a good chance of winning both games they have left when they are travelling to two of the toughest places to win in all of FCS? The last time I checked S Illinois had one of the highest winning percentages over the last five years in all of FCS. It goes without saying that they should be favored. SDSU has a HORRIBLE winning percentage in Fargo. By HORRIBLE, I mean embarrassingly HORRIBLE. Do some stinking research before you spout off.

BisonNeil
11-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Missouri State got blown out by SDSU 43-13.

True. But SDSU had MO St at home. NDSU will play the Bears at their house and NDSU is not the same team on the road as they are at home.

AZJack
11-12-2008, 03:58 AM
I do agree with Scoot that NDSU should be favored by at least 7 when SDSU comes to town. We just CAN'T win up there. I actually think we have a better chance of beating SIU than the bison.

Blue
11-12-2008, 04:07 AM
You act like SDSU is a 9-1 team. They aren't. They have given up a ton of points and haven't been in three of the games I have made reference. I've backed my statements up with facts. They may have weight, they may not. But, they certainly aren't crazy. Do you seriously want us to believe that SDSU has a good chance of winning both games they have left when they are travelling to two of the toughest places to win in all of FCS?
USING THE LAWS OF AVERAGES HERE:
The Jacks have been high scoring in conference play scoring 38 points a game, while holding opponents to under 18 points a game. Only UNI has scored more than 24 points on the Jacks in conference play. And remember what you guys thought last fall at this time. I'll take that fact and side with it.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 04:08 AM

Where are you from? I'm talking about North Dakota State University football...home of 8 national championships. That's where I'm from.

I think that Scooter1 presented some things based upon stats and results. He wasn't being all that disrespectful. He's a damn Bison fan. Get it? You come to this board and expect rosy BS for another program? Please

Reminder: This is bisonville...the home of Bison fans. We're extremely accustomed to winning.

There's been a lot of positive stuff written here about 'your' team. It's amazing how much respect we show here. This is 'not' a smack board.

Go over to the gopherhole and check out their trash.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 04:15 AM
The Jacks have been high scoring in conference play scoring 38 points a game, while holding opponents to under 18 points a game. Only UNI has scored more than 24 points on the Jacks in conference play. And remember what you guys thought last fall at this time. I'll take that fact and side with it.

Welcome to Bison country...where winning is a way of life.

I have great respect for SDSU and its programs. I've written about it here...as have many others.

But as far as which program I'd choose, when mentioning the law of averages...

...I'll take the Bison. It's been a decent 4 or 5 decades for me in terms of the averages. :cool:

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 04:18 AM
True. But SDSU had MO St at home. NDSU will play the Bears at their house and NDSU is not the same team on the road as they are at home.

You're not the Neil that I met at the game in San Luis Obispo are you?

I'll never forget the last 5 minutes. Amazing

A lot of our players remember it too.

I'll guess that MSU has a problem to deal with on Saturday. Not playing well on the road is in the past.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 04:25 AM

This board is so respectful toward other teams that sometimes I get nauseated.

You're welcome to be here...but don't give me this disrespect thing based upon Scooter's article. Do you 'really' expect to read promotions for another program here?

Disrespect??!#@ This thread isn't disrespectful. Turn down your sensitivity switch.

Geez

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 04:29 AM
I do agree with Scoot that NDSU should be favored by at least 7 when SDSU comes to town. We just CAN'T win up there. I actually think we have a better chance of beating SIU than the bison.

We have a nice rivalry going. It appears that the phrase 'any given Saturday' applies in the MVFC.

JackJD
11-12-2008, 04:38 AM
The Jacks take games one at a time. And this week, the Bison aren't on the radar screen.

We had the same attitude last year.

BlueBisonRock
11-12-2008, 04:41 AM

To a fellow of the same color... :D ... Love your optimism and understand your view of the 'last fall facts,' but just have to disagree with you on this one. I refilled the kool-aid pitcher, found my yellow and green tinted glasses, and have recited On Bison 15 times (sang Far Across another 20 times) tonight while voting for Thundar. Its a week early to start discussing the Bison - Jacks, but I just have this sneaking feeling that the Fargo jinx will continue for the Jacks. Good luck with SIU and don't get caught looking ahead!

Hope to continue this discussion during tailgating prior to the game. Take care of yourself!

Blue
11-12-2008, 04:53 AM
We'll definately be up there for the game. And I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Homers and Kool-Aid drinkers:p before the game.

WYOBISONMAN
11-12-2008, 05:09 AM
I guess I think we have about a 50-50 shot at going 7-4. I sure could see us going 6-5 too.

MAKBison
11-12-2008, 07:16 AM
The Jacks take games one at a time. And this week, the Bison aren't on the radar screen.

OK, unless you’re a player and I doubt you are. Stop the WE take it one game at a time stuff. What the Fan thinks, discusses, etc has no bearing on the game geesh tell them PL

Scooter1
11-12-2008, 09:32 AM
This is great! 3 pages...already...please continue.

Scooter1
11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Here is another thought about SDSU...

Let's turn the tables. If NDSU had four losses and had given up over 40 points four times already this year, how hard would we be on the Bison defense.....what do you think the discussion would be like if we had to travel to S Illinois and the SDSU to close out the season?

Now, be honest.....

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 01:33 PM

But are you still dwelling on last year...as in dwelling on one game at a time...over and over...like groundhog day...wishing it was the same game as last year? Maybe if I were a wabbit fan, I'd look at things that way too. I'd savor each victory...over and over.

Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year. Good game...last year.

PS - I ne-ver visit your forum...because the wabbits are ne-ver on my radar. If you weren't concerned...you wouldn't be here.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I guess I think we have about a 50-50 shot at going 7-4. I sure could see us going 6-5 too.

I could see us going 5-6 too. It's a mathematical possibility. We could have gone 0-11...which was a mathematical possibility.

But I'm thankful that the Bison have never looked at it that way. 50-50?

But I'm a Bison fan. I'm pulling for 7-4...like Scooter1 is. :cool:

lakesbison
11-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Wabbits Eat Their Own Turds>.....

bisonmike2
11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
SDSU worries me. SDSU has played a monster non-con schedule and they are 5-1 in the MVFC. They will not be intimidated to play us in the dome. We will have to play our best game of the year to beat them. Simple as that. If Mertens comes out inaccurate and starts throwing the ball to the bunnies, we will lose big. If we are able to control the ball with our running game we will win a close one. That's just how I see it this year. We either lose by double digits, or win by singles. The way we've been playing this year out home field advantage means nothing espcially againts a bunny team that will be looking to pounce on us.

bisonhusker
11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Is the special teams coach for SDSU still telling their punt returner to return punts at their own 4 yard line?

90BISON
11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Is the special teams coach for SDSU still telling their punt returner to return punts at their own 4 yard line?

If he knew he would take it to the house, sure, why not?;) :(

jackrabbit1979
11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
If he knew he would take it to the house, sure, why not?;) :(

Exactly....

VanClubPres
11-12-2008, 10:31 PM

what about the 5 that you lost...take those one at a time?

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2008, 04:53 AM
I could see us going 5-6 too. It's a mathematical possibility. We could have gone 0-11...which was a mathematical possibility.

But I'm thankful that the Bison have never looked at it that way. 50-50?

But I'm a Bison fan. I'm pulling for 7-4...like Scooter1 is. :cool:

I didn't say I wasn't pulling for 7-4, but I think there is a good chance this team will finish 6-5. :confused:

lakesbison
11-13-2008, 05:04 AM
a bunny team that will be looking to pounce on us.

pounce??? BUNNYS ARE PUSSIES... THEY DONT POUNCE...

CaBisonFan
11-13-2008, 05:23 AM
I didn't say I wasn't pulling for 7-4, but I think there is a good chance this team will finish 6-5. :confused:

4-0 to finish the year...write it down.:cool:

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2008, 08:21 PM
4-0 to finish the year...write it down.:cool:

I sure hope you are right and I am wrong.....

bisonmike2
11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
a bunny team that will be looking to pounce on us.

pounce??? BUNNYS ARE PUSSIES... THEY DONT POUNCE...

How about bounce? Bunny's bounce, right?

met1990
11-13-2008, 08:27 PM
How about bounce? Bunny's bounce, right?

I believe Tigger bounces...

Scooter1
11-13-2008, 09:43 PM
I believe Tigger bounces...

Bunnies bounce...but you have to throw them really hard.

CaBisonFan
11-13-2008, 11:54 PM
I sure hope you are right and I am wrong.....

Me too. Wish I would have been right in my season prediction (10-1). :banghead:

HandoEX
11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Trivia Question...when was the last time the Jacks won a football game in Fargo?

Answer: October 1962! Since then, SDSU is 0-22 in Fargo!