PDA

View Full Version : National Signing Day

Mr. Burgundy
11-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Tomorrow is the big day for the future of Men's Basketball. Here is the scoop.

We will be signing three players tomorrow.

Jordan Aaberg. 6'9 forward from Rothsay, MN. HUGE...HUGE upside. LONG kid who was being recruited by Okla State before he told them he was a firm commit to NDSU. Had a monster AAU season. Wanted to be a BISON. Great kid who has proven his ability on the AAU level. If he had not verballed to NDSU as a sophomore, everyone would be on this kid. He has beat up fellow MN BIGTIME recruits one on one. He doesn't quit.

Nate Zastrow. 6'0 PG may play some SG. Manitowak, WI. Top five scorer in Wisconsin last year. Fearless leader who has a "Woody" like competitive edge. Turned down several D1 offers including UW-Milwaukee. Played on a great AAU team, and has a crazy highlight film. Lets just say the new 3 point line doesn't scare him.

Michael Felt. 6'3 SG from Redwood Falls, MN. Led Minnesota in scoring at over 30 points per game as a Junior last season. Best shooting stroke you will ever see. Flat out shooter. Can shoot if from deep. Turned down SDSU, Weber State and many other smaller D1 programs. Great athlete. Will be a great follow up to Mike Nelson. Perfect compliment to Zastrow and Drew in the back court of the future.

Anyway, I wanted to fill everyone in on a great day for Bison basketball. Tell the coaches congrats. This is a fun day for them, alot of work/miles goes into getting kids to sign. This is a great class. No question about that. Great to see so much excitement about NDSU basketball.

silkamilkamonico
11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Awesome... Thanks B....

Any idea who looks to make an impact right away and who looks to redshirt?? I know it's early and the coaches aren't even thinking about next year, but do these 3 have a good opportunity to compete for minutes right away?

Good buzz going around the program when we have the kind of team we have this year, and at the same time be excited for the near future as well.....

ndsubison1
11-12-2008, 12:45 AM

Jordan Aaberg. 6'9 forward from Rothsay, MN. HUGE...HUGE upside. LONG kid who was being recruited by Okla State before he told them he was a firm commit to NDSU. Had a monster AAU season. Wanted to be a BISON. Great kid who has proven his ability on the AAU level. If he had not verballed to NDSU as a sophomore, everyone would be on this kid. He has beat up fellow MN BIGTIME recruits one on one. He doesn't quit.

Nate Zastrow. 6'0 PG may play some SG. Manitowak, WI. Top five scorer in Wisconsin last year. Fearless leader who has a "Woody" like competitive edge. Turned down several D1 offers including UW-Milwaukee. Played on a great AAU team, and has a crazy highlight film. Lets just say the new 3 point line doesn't scare him.

Michael Felt. 6'3 SG from Redwood Falls, MN. Led Minnesota in scoring at over 30 points per game as a Junior last season. Best shooting stroke you will ever see. Flat out shooter. Can shoot if from deep. Turned down SDSU, Weber State and many other smaller D1 programs. Great athlete. Will be a great follow up to Mike Nelson. Perfect compliment to Zastrow and Drew in the back court of the future.

Anyway, I wanted to fill everyone in on a great day for Bison basketball. Tell the coaches congrats. This is a fun day for them, alot of work/miles goes into getting kids to sign. This is a great class. No question about that. Great to see so much excitement about NDSU basketball.

Sounds great... looks like a great class and some gamers that we need that can step in and help, esp. after the big four are gone. Huge signings...

Mr. Burgundy
11-12-2008, 12:48 AM
I think that Aaberg will potentially redshirt as he will love a year to work with the weight program (Like when Carlson added 25 pounds as a freshman). It can only help him.

I think the guards are probably ready. They can SCORE.

SlickVic
11-12-2008, 12:53 AM
yo mr. B what do u think of miles calling out colorado state to take the conference championship this year??? lol his teams looking pretty slick just jacked to tune into them on a nightly basis via the mountain all but 2 of there conference games will be whatchable...chea

NDSUstudent
11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm just jacked about this class, lots of potential all over the place. Future is looking bright for NDSU hoops.

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 01:14 AM
This will be the Bison roster a year from now:

SR Vaughan
SR Sussenguth
SR Pennick
SR Flowers
JR Tveidt
JR Coleman
SO Carlson
SO Lundberg
FR Nagle
FR Zastrow
FR Felt
RS Aaberg
?????? Open scholarship

MN_BISON
11-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the info Mr. B. What's the deal with the Marshall kid that was talked about in the recruiting thread? Is he a senior and any chance the Bison get him? I guess I really don't know a thing about him, but it sounded like the poster had some pretty good info on him.

ndsubison1
11-12-2008, 02:44 AM
This will be the Bison roster a year from now:

SR Vaughan
SR Sussenguth
SR Pennick
SR Flowers
JR Tveidt
JR Coleman
SO Carlson
SO Lundberg
FR Nagle
FR Zastrow
FR Felt
RS Aaberg
?????? Open scholarship

Daniel Joseph?

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 03:04 AM
I left the walkons off the list.

Jdubs21
11-12-2008, 03:33 AM
And i thought i had nothing to look forward to tomorrow haha

Mr. Burgundy
11-12-2008, 12:13 PM
The walk ons are great this year, but they aren't going to get the open scholarship.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-12-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanks Burgundy!!!! sounds great and very excited in seeing this!

99Bison
11-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Any updates to the press conf at 2 today? Wanted to be there, but you know, have to work sometime.

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Any updates to the press conf at 2 today? Wanted to be there, but you know, have to work sometime.

I might have been there, had I known about it! :(

bisongirl
11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I might have been there, had I known about it! :(

What? There was something related to Bison sports that Road didn't know about????

DORMIE
11-12-2008, 09:52 PM
I heard that the transfer from UNI was looking pretty good. Who is he and what's his story.

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I heard that the transfer from UNI was looking pretty good. Who is he and what's his story.

Drew Lundberg

High School: Graduated in 2007 from Owatonna High School...Played for coach Josh Williams...First-team all-state as a senior when he led the 25-3 Huskies to a conference championship...Averaged 21 points, five rebounds and four assists per game...Shot 51.3 percent from 3-point range as a senior, the eighth-best percentage in Minnesota high school history...Owatonna’s all-time leading scorer with 1,565 points...Also set career records for assists and steals...Earned 12 varsity letters in basketball, football and track...Set school records for pass receptions, receiving yards...Set a state record with 23 career touchdown receptions.

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Signing is official as bisonhusker said would happen!

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11898&SPID=697&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1623414

Follow the link above and you can listen to the press conference.

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Saul said that Zastrow and Felt would most likely not redshirt, and Aaberg might. He also said that he would be signing one more player for next season.

RedRiver
11-13-2008, 07:08 PM
It was reported last night on TV sports that Aaberg had a late scholarship offer from Oklahoma St.

1bizon1
11-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Daniel Joseph?

ming01, fill us un-informed people in.....who is this fellow?
TIA

bisonmike2
11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Drew Lundberg

High School: Graduated in 2007 from Owatonna High School...Played for coach Josh Williams...First-team all-state as a senior when he led the 25-3 Huskies to a conference championship...Averaged 21 points, five rebounds and four assists per game...Shot 51.3 percent from 3-point range as a senior, the eighth-best percentage in Minnesota high school history...Owatonna’s all-time leading scorer with 1,565 points...Also set career records for assists and steals...Earned 12 varsity letters in basketball, football and track...Set school records for pass receptions, receiving yards...Set a state record with 23 career touchdown receptions.

Sweet. Does this kid want to play any football too?:)

Mr. Burgundy
11-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Joseph is a walk on from New York. Needs to improve his body a bid, get in better shape, but he has skill. very good walk on.

bisonhusker
11-14-2008, 07:07 PM
If you compare our class with UND and SDSU.....well, there isn't a comparison. You have to love the direction the coaches are pointing us. Can't wait for the new arena to be finalized. The coverage that NDSU puts on Signing Day is great. News Conf, Fargo Forum.....Bisonville...wait, that is where the Forum gets their stuff....ha. I saw where UND didn't have news on their signing day. Some of their fans said they need to start acting D1.

DIBISON
11-16-2008, 04:41 AM
The Gophers director of bb operations was on wday radio this morning and said the same thing about this year's Bison recruits and where the program is headed. Nothing but positive.

Kermit
01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
ESPN has some updated info on the Bison recruits for next year:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2449&season=2009

Lots of praise for Felt and Aaberg. The report on Zastrow is old (Dec 07)--I hope he has hit the weight room since then! All three are given fairly good national ratings.

"Felt is a good athlete that is a big time scorer. He has already had a game of 56 points this season. He sprints the lane in transition, spaces on penetration and comes off screens in order to display is deep three point range. He has a pretty stroke and a quick trigger. He will be an impact player at North Dakota State because of his ability to demand respect from the defense."

"Aaberg is a thin mobile forward that that runs the floor well and is very active on the glass. He can rebound on both ends in and out of his area. He has already had a game of 20 rebounds this season. He also is an excellent shot blocker with excellent timing. Aaberg has great upside and his production should increase as he adds weight and strength once he is in a college program."

Kermit
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
continuation of above:
Scouts.com grades for our recruits:

Felt 79
Aaberg 76
Zastrow 70

Info on what the grades mean is here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=2639514

Kermit
02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
A little update on Jordan Aaberg's season from Jeff Kolpack:
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=42676

Aaberg is far from a finished product, but I think he has tremendous potential. You don't find many 6'9" kids who can run, shoot, and handle the ball like he can. He has exceptional hand-eye coordination and his timing on blocking shots is outstanding. He still needs to get much stronger, and much more aggressive, but I will be excited to see him progress over the next few years. I also read somewhere that he is the top student in his class at Rothsay.

DjKyRo
04-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Someone needs to invent time-travel really quick here so we can fast-forward to November - the wait is killing me!