PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Bowl

lcbison
11-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Who ya got on Friday and Saturday in the mother of all championships at the Alerus Center

9-man---Hillsboro v Williams Cty..-----the Jackasses (burros) have too much ground attack

A- Linton vs Harvey---Linton, just cause they used to be 9-man

AA Valley City vs Watford City--- Gotta go with the team from the east

AAA Bismarck vs South---going with Feeneys boys

BlueBisonRock
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I am a bit out of touch, but

9-man---Hillsboro v Williams Cty..----- Strong running game and brothers in the backfield.

A- Linton vs Harvey --- Too close to home to ignore. Love those central (west of New Rockford) ND teams!

AA Valley City vs Watford City--- Fred Sr. was an assistant coach for my HS in my day. Gotta stick with his legacy

AAA Bismarck vs South---Emotion says Bismarck, logic stays with South

ndsubison1
11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Who ya got on Friday and Saturday in the mother of all championships at the Alerus Center

9-man---Hillsboro v Williams Cty..-----the Jackasses (burros) have too much ground attack

A- Linton vs Harvey---Linton, just cause they used to be 9-man

AA Valley City vs Watford City--- Gotta go with the team from the east

AAA Bismarck vs South---going with Feeneys boys

Williams County
Linton
Valley City
Bismarck

The only thing i really know about is AAA, don't know much about the other divisions. But I've watched both South and Bismarck play this year and I have to say Bismarck is the better team this year. They have the best QB in the state and a phenominal RB. Also, a good offensive and defensive line. I think they will give South a run for their money.

tjbison
11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Williams County
Linton
Watford City
and the no brainer SOUTH!!

d3boys
11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Williams City
Linton
Valley City
Bismarck

The only thing i really know about is AAA, don't know much about the other divisions. But I've watched both South and Bismarck play this year and I have to say Bismarck is the better team this year. They have the best QB in the state and a phenominal RB. Also, a good offensive and defensive line. I think they will give South a run for their money.

bismarck lost to west fargo
south has a not bad rb either committed to ndsu

ndsubison1
11-11-2008, 11:16 PM

they also beat West Fargo 42-14 in the quarterfinals :D... they didnt have their QB at the beginning of the year

MN_BISON
11-12-2008, 02:51 AM

I hadn't heard that, I knew his choices were down to us and UND, when did he give his verbal? By the way, what towns make up Williams County?

bisonwest
11-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Williams County
Linton
Valley City
Bismarck

I watched both teams as well and I come away with a different opinion. Both teams have good team speed. Bismarck does have a great QB but South is more physical. Brandon Jemison will be the difference.I have no doubt that it will be a closer contest than last year but South will once again take the crown.

I'll also pick:

Williams County
Linton
Valley City

sambini
11-12-2008, 03:22 AM
Williams County is a coop of RAY and Tioga. Harvey, Valley City, and Fargo South. That are my picks.

extremerouge
11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Hillsboro, Linton, Watford City, and Fargo South

bisonwest
11-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I hadn't heard that, I knew his choices were down to us and UND, when did he give his verbal? By the way, what towns make up Williams County?

I don't believe he has commited to anyone, but was quoted in the Forum last week that he was leaning toward NDSU because he would be able to play in Fargo. I think he would play Linebacker for the Bison. I hope he doesn't chose to go north just to play RB like Solum did. He is by far the best RB coming out of ND this year.

Yo
11-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Harvey & Fargo South all the way. After that, don't know.

ndsubison1
11-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Looks like Im flying solo here with Bismarck... oh well, :D

WePharm
11-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Fred Fridley Sr & Watford City are making their 16th appearance in a state championship game. 8 Championships and 7 runners up. Absolutely amazing.
I've seen them play the two playoff games-not fast, not big but play very well together-no mistakes.

They have a player-Justin Flatland just might have the ability to play D1. 6'2" 240, plays defensive/offensive end. Has good speed, great hands and is avery smart student. Was down for the SIU game for a recruiting visit.

4mcruenomore
11-13-2008, 03:12 AM
I say BHS, best RB and QB in the state right now IMO.

ndsubison1
11-13-2008, 03:53 AM

agreed....

magiccitybisonguy
11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Harvey & Fargo South all the way. After that, don't know.

those are stone cold lead pipe locks.......word. good call.......

d3boys
11-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't believe he has commited to anyone, but was quoted in the Forum last week that he was leaning toward NDSU because he would be able to play in Fargo. I think he would play Linebacker for the Bison. I hope he doesn't chose to go north just to play RB like Solum did. He is by far the best RB coming out of ND this year.

I heard he verballed last week
second hand but who knows

lcbison
11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
An hour and a half until 9-man kickoff...thats when the real football begins.

HandoEX
11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
An hour and a half until 9-man kickoff...thats when the real football begins.

Um, the real football started a few hours ago at the Metrodome:hide:

My hometown kicks off in 5 minutes:nod:

lcbison
11-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Um, the real football started a few hours ago at the Metrodome:hide:

My hometown kicks off in 5 minutes:nod:

I think MN should switch around the schedule for tomorrow and make the 5A teams play at 8 am. Heck, those schools are in the cities anyway.

I wonder if any other states have state football championships at 8 am

MN_BISON
11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I heard yesterday while listening to Hammer's show on the web that the ND NBC network is streaming the Dakota Bowl but I can't find a link on the KVLY web site other than start times for the games. If anyone knows the link, please post it, thanks.

EDIT: Found the link: http://www.kfyrtv.com/LIVE_Coverage.asp

lcbison
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Hillsboro's Grothman is looking like Tyler Roehl out there(2007 version). Would be a good local pickup for bison.

lcbison
11-14-2008, 08:19 PM
my o my Hillsboro wins 48 6....my o my.......it just doesn't get any better than that.....I'd lay a dime on the Burros against anyone right now.....

Williams County Firestorm-extinguished, Linton-HMB-LionTigers-put in a zoo, Harvey Hornets-stomped on, Watford City Wolves-hunted, Valley Cith Hi-Liners-Derailed, Fargo South Bruins-declawed, Bismarck Demons-exorcised

d3boys
11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
my o my Hillsboro wins 48 6....my o my.......it just doesn't get any better than that.....I'd lay a dime on the Burros against anyone right now.....

Williams County Firestorm-extinguished, Linton-HMB-LionTigers-put in a zoo, Harvey Hornets-stomped on, Watford City Wolves-hunted, Valley Cith Hi-Liners-Derailed, Fargo South Bruins-declawed, Bismarck Demons-exorcised

wow I didnt know common was on this board
well done

ndsubison1
11-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Linton's QB has a great arm, he is a very sound QB. I bet he could play college somewhere in state

bisonwest
11-15-2008, 03:23 AM

I'll give you the QB. Runningback? NO WAY! The Demons will find out tommorow. I think that this game will be much closer than the last two Bruin title games. If Bismarck can contain Jemison they have a real good shot. I don't think they can.

South - 35

Bismarck - 27

sambini
11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll give you the QB. Runningback? NO WAY! The Demons will find out tommorow. I think that this game will be much closer than the last two Bruin title games. If Bismarck can contain Jemison they have a real good shot. I don't think they can.

South - 35

Bismarck - 27

Lets Go SOUTH+++

ndsubison1
11-15-2008, 06:59 PM
What time does the AA game start assuming that's first?

coldspot
11-15-2008, 07:20 PM
3pm if i recall correctly.

1bizon1
11-15-2008, 09:12 PM

I did not see this game. Did Hillsboro have ALOT of subs in? IMHO, you do not run up a score like this in a championship game. They also had a BIG lead over Hankinson in the regular season. With said big lead they still did an onside kick. Unless this was payback of some sort this was not a very classy move.

1bizon1
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry Bismarck. You get the second place hardware again. But, congrrats on your season!
Harvey has kind of turned into a powerhouse. But none of their players show up on anyones radar screen for college?

4mcruenomore
11-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Sorry Bismarck. You get the second place hardware again. But, congrrats on your season!
Harvey has kind of turned into a powerhouse. But none of their players show up on anyones radar screen for college?

Um, Bismarck won.

1bizon1
11-16-2008, 12:20 PM
UHmmmmm? The game had not been played yet when I made this post. I am eating my crow as we speak! Congratulations on a great season and championship Bismarck!

4mcruenomore
11-16-2008, 02:31 PM
I did forget to reply about the Harvey thing.

Blair Sandy was starting QB for U Mary 2 years ago
Bryan Sandy was a Redshirt Freshman WR at Mary this year

Both were big at Harvey, obviously (coach's sons). Guess they wanted to stay very close to home?

NDSUFREAK
11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
South was totally outcoached and outplayed last night. there was no question that Bis deserved to win. However, the BRUIN student section was awesome! I was definitely apart of the mitochondria (power house cell) of that section ;)

lcbison
11-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I did not see this game. Did Hillsboro have ALOT of subs in? IMHO, you do not run up a score like this in a championship game. They also had a BIG lead over Hankinson in the regular season. With said big lead they still did an onside kick. Unless this was payback of some sort this was not a very classy move.

um,..not Hillsboro din't run up the score...they just dominated

extremerouge
11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
South was totally outcoached and outplayed last night. there was no question that Bis deserved to win. However, the BRUIN student section was awesome! I was definitely apart of the mitochondria (power house cell) of that section ;)
aren't you an NDSU student? why were you in the south student section?

ndsubison1
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
aren't you an NDSU student? why were you in the south student section?

he's a south student

extremerouge
11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
he's a south student
oh fair enough

d3boys
11-17-2008, 01:36 AM
he's a south student

well then he should not being saying they were out coached
feeney has only been in the state final 6 years in a row and won 4
not a bad coach
outplayed maybe

4mcruenomore
11-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Outcoached, no, outplayed, yes.
Thorton reminds me of Chris Simdorn, seriously, he's a beast. Not only does he play QB, he plays on defense and had some huge hits. WE NEED THIS KID.

bisonpride4ever
11-18-2008, 12:28 AM

Hillsboro had subs in. they just scored so quickly it looked like they were running up the score. that has been the case all season. as far as the onside kick thing, Hillsboro is terrible in kick coverage i mean its absolutely pathetic alot of times so they squib kick alot to make up for it. they've done this for a few years now, you'd think they would work on it

NDSUFREAK
11-19-2008, 03:23 AM
well then he should not being saying they were out coached
feeney has only been in the state final 6 years in a row and won 4
not a bad coach
outplayed maybe

i thought it was 5 won 3...

but anyway it was predictable what they were gonna do every play. if jemison was behind the QB they ran the ball. If jemison was outside in the slot, they passed it. plus, the total fail of the hook and latter on the last play. i mean the player who intercepted it on the pitch knew it was coming. and the coaches knew that if they "had" to do it, it would be near the end. the player was lined up perfectly to snag the ball away.

overall it just was not a good game for South

d3boys
11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
i thought it was 5 won 3...

but anyway it was predictable what they were gonna do every play. if jemison was behind the QB they ran the ball. If jemison was outside in the slot, they passed it. plus, the total fail of the hook and latter on the last play. i mean the player who intercepted it on the pitch knew it was coming. and the coaches knew that if they "had" to do it, it would be near the end. the player was lined up perfectly to snag the ball away.

overall it just was not a good game for South

got beat by a better team that day
hope adam boe is the next solum, horner, jemison
feeney will be back there again next year
at least until davies is built

1bizon1
11-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Hillsboro had subs in. they just scored so quickly it looked like they were running up the score. that has been the case all season. as far as the onside kick thing, Hillsboro is terrible in kick coverage i mean its absolutely pathetic alot of times so they squib kick alot to make up for it. they've done this for a few years now, you'd think they would work on it

Good to hear and Thank You!!!!