Welcome to the FCS UND... :welcome:

onbison09
11-09-2008, 03:49 AM
Way to go T Birds!! LMAO!!!

HerdBot
11-09-2008, 03:51 AM
I meant *falls*. SUU comes back in 4th quarter to beat the Sue 15-14 :D

Welcome to the FCS UND... :welcome:

I'm suprised by that loss since it's in Grand Forks. The Sioux are finding out what it's like to play D1-AA teams EVERY week, not just once in a blue moon. They got it pretty easy this year too and didn't have to play Cal Poly.

Here's what the Sioux have...

3 wins vs D2 competition.
1 win vs D3 compeition
1 D1-AA win over a winless Idaho State team.
4 losses vs D1-AA teams.

...only 1 of those D1-AA losses was to a ranked team.

Not a good start to the D1-AA world.

MinotBison
11-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Don't these guys play Texas Tech next year? Yikes. Can't imagine what that score is going to be like.

BisBison
11-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Don't these guys play Texas Tech next year? Yikes. Can't imagine what that score is going to be like.

Yeah, they open @ TTech. That's going to leave a mark me thinks. I thought I heard they get $350K, I'd rather play the goophers for $300K and beat them any day.

TheBisonator
11-09-2008, 05:57 AM

The scoreboard will break at AT&T Stadium in Lubbock due to overuse of the score panel on the Texas Tech side of the board.

tjbison
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM
DaveK anywhere, anywhere please DaveK anywhere?????? HA HA SIOUX SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing they didn't have to play Cal Poly!!!!!

BisoninNWMN
11-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, they open @ TTech. That's going to leave a mark me thinks. I thought I heard they get $350K, I'd rather play the goophers for $300K and beat them any day.

OHH....don't let SirrHinn ( the ultimate Gophs/Bison fan ) notice this post.....the Gophs would kick our a** this year by 40 and any other year.

Crabtree will be in the NFL next year, good thing for the Sue, and the score will be 60-70 to 7

bisonmike2
11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
[/B]

OHH....don't let SirrHinn ( the ultimate Gophs/Bison fan ) notice this post.....the Gophs would kick our a** this year by 40 and any other year.

Crabtree will be in the NFL next year, good thing for the Sue, and the score will be 60-70 to 7

After the second quarter maybe. They just dropped 56 on the 9th ranked team in the country. It will be ugly.

WYOBISONMAN
11-09-2008, 03:06 PM
No doubt und is down this year......But after the season we are having, I can't give them too much crap. I do think that SUU has improved a bit too, and they needed to. SUU really has stunk it up the past few years.

sambini
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
SUU get some guys back from Morman church missions? New coaching staff out there has made a big difference. Congrats to the TBIRDS++

ndsubison1
11-09-2008, 07:49 PM
well there's still hockey....when was the last time they didn't choke in the Frozen Four? haha

IowaBisonToo
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
At least they have hockey.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hammersmith
11-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I look at it this way:

They managed to do something we were unable to do during our transition: lose to SUU. They should be proud.

I do agree with Wyo that SUU is much better than when we faced them.

Bison Dan
11-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I look at it this way:

They managed to do something we were unable to do during our transition: lose to SUU. They should be proud.

I do agree with Wyo that SUU is much better than when we faced them.

und is the new SUU of the Great West Conference!! Everyone will want to play them - it's a give me game.......

bisonhusker
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
They have one D1 win. We will have 7....and we are having a down year. The Bison are the only show in the state. I think UND fans are starting to realize how impressive it was for Bohl to turn around the Bison program in such a short period of time. UND was alot better than NDSU was when we each started the transition. Coaching my friends...coaching.

Bison Dan
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
They have one D1 win. We will have 7....and we are having a down year. The Bison are the only show in the state. I think UND fans are starting to realize how impressive it was for Bohl to turn around the Bison program in such a short period of time. UND was alot better than NDSU was when we each started the transition. Coaching my friends...coaching.

I think the former coach knew that he didn't have the horses.

99Bison
11-10-2008, 07:59 PM

Turn around program? From the single worst year in 40 years yes, not exactly "program" turn around. Similarly don't buy the better at time of transition arguement either - one worst season in 40 yrs vs. weak competion / decent records against it doesn't add up to better imo.

imabison
11-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Turn around program? From the single worst year in 40 years yes, not exactly "program" turn around. Similarly don't buy the better at time of transition arguement either - one worst season in 40 yrs vs. weak competion / decent records against it doesn't add up to better imo.
But But But they still have a hockey program that just dropped in the rankings and a volleyball team that according to their assistant AD is playing in a "Makeshift Tourney for independents" next week.

Why would they downplay themselves so much.

BisManBison
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM

I like your optimism BisonHusker! Rep points to you.

bisonhusker
11-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks Bismanbison

NDSUdonny
11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
My Red Raiders are really going to kill them next year. I hope they run up the score

Mr. Burgundy
11-16-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=93312&section=sports

Wow, talk about a positive spin on a really bad situation up at UND. Seriously. If we had a year like that, against that BAD of competition....our sports writers would be crushing us in the papers. That guy makes Sid Hartman look negative.

lakesbison
11-16-2008, 04:43 PM
as has linebacker Jay Nelson — a walk on from Wheaton, Minn.

“He’s a steal for us,” Mussman said.

OH MY GOD... THEY STOLE HIM FROM FERGUS FALLS CC.. seriously. my buddy coaches at FFCC...

HA HA HA... WHEATON.... OH WOW....

tjbison
11-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Wow, talk about a positive spin on a really bad situation up at UND. Seriously. If we had a year like that, against that BAD of competition....our sports writers would be crushing us in the papers. That guy makes Sid Hartman look negative.

“With area schools around us now being Division I, we were losing out on area kids we normally battled for,” Mussman said. “That showed in a couple of the (recent) classes we recruited.

My Favorite quote of the article come on Mustyman just say it NDSU and SDSU beat you for QUALITY players!!!:nod:

Mr. Burgundy
11-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I saw both of those quotes very bizarre. Don't brag about a walk on. Don't tell your fan base that you have basically been abused on the recruiting trail. Their coach needs a PR class. A couple of weeks ago in his post game interview, he was complaining about refs. Sorry, you don't do that.

tjbison
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I saw both of those quotes very bizarre. Don't brag about a walk on. Don't tell your fan base that you have basically been abused on the recruiting trail. Their coach needs a PR class. A couple of weeks ago in his post game interview, he was complaining about refs. Sorry, you don't do that.

Its classic, i checked out the ss message boards:hide: and its really entertaining!!

remember when the sue fans smacked us for the Dakota Marker Trophy, well there is a thread about starting a rival game with Traveling trophy with the USD! damn good stuff!

HEY SUE FANS REMEMBER THE SAYING: LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

looks like UND is in the follow mode

imabison
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM

Hello...what about this comment later in the bottom..

"No official attendance records are kept, but this season’s mark is believed to be the highest in the program’s history."

Do they just make up the number they want? I thought there were NCAA rules about attendance counts.

bincitysioux
11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
remember when the sue fans smacked us for the Dakota Marker Trophy, well there is a thread about starting a rival game with Traveling trophy with the USD! damn good stuff!

There is no thread about starting a rival game with USD. There already is one. The two schools played for a trophy for 46 years up until 2000. The thread is about reintroducing a trophy.

Hammersmith
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
There is no thread about starting a rival game with USD. There already is one. The two schools played for a trophy for 46 years up until 2000. The thread is about reintroducing a trophy.

With all due respect, you are:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2268/2255581637_a59a956bfe.jpg

bincitysioux
11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I am simply correcting inaccurate posts. :nod:

tjbison
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I am simply correcting inaccurate posts. :nod:

UMMM wait a minute whats this yes a LINK!!!

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=11456

you've even got a poster on there suggesting it be the DAKOTA MARKER:rofl:

bincitysioux
11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Like I said earlier. :banghead:

4mcruenomore
11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
USD could very well lay the smack down on saturday.

BisoninNWMN
11-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Didn't USD travel by bus to South Carolina to play a DII school??:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

UND/USD.......Toilet bowl of the Dakotas

LOL

NDSU1980
11-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Its classic, i checked out the ss message boards:hide: and its really entertaining!!

HEY SUE FANS REMEMBER THE SAYING: LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

looks like UND is in the follow mode

I hear they want to really annoy the NCAA by reviving the old traveling trophy they had with USD. "The Sitting Bull Trophy". Time for a little sensitivity training up north.

NDSU1980
11-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like UND is the only Great West School that has never won a conference game. I pick USD by 24 next week. Sioux are gonna get creamed.

tjbison
11-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like UND is the only Great West School that has never won a conference game. I pick USD by 24 next week. Sioux are gonna get creamed.

yep and they haven't even played the best team in the conference yet, Poly would win by 45 this year, if they played!

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Conversation overheard from a Truck fan:

So, which game will have larger attendance:

1. the one being played in Fargo
2. the one being played in Vermillion?

hhmmm.......

Yet again proof that a UND education ain't what its cracked up to be.....

tjbison
11-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Conversation overheard from a Truck fan:

So, which game will have larger attendance:

1. the one being played in Fargo
2. the one being played in Vermillion?

hhmmm.......

Yet again proof that a UND education ain't what its cracked up to be.....

Put that guy on "Are you smarter than a 5th Grader"

90BISON
11-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Put that guy on "Are you smarter than a 5th Grader"

Sorry, but they have minimum entrance standards for that show......;)