PDA

View Full Version : #3 Penn ST @ Iowa

tjbison
11-08-2008, 07:45 PM
7-0 Iowa 1st, Penn st. looked Horrible on first series, Iowa moved the ball easily for a TD

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
I just put this on another thread but it probably belongs here now.

So....Illinois beats Iowa last week and then Illinois gets beats by a WAC team today (Western Michigan). Now that same Iowa team quickly jumps ahead of one of the top teams in the land. Football, what a strange game sometimes!

tjbison
11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I just put this on another thread but it probably belongs here now.

So....Illinois beats Iowa last week and then Illinois gets beats by a WAC team today (Western Michigan). Now that same Iowa team quickly jumps ahead of one of the top teams in the land. Football, what a strange game sometimes!

You mean MAC right??:p

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
You mean MAC right??:p

oops, yeah MAC. I'm such a spaz sometimes!

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2008, 09:18 PM
How about a little bye week trivia....

Iowa backup (and last year's starter for the Hawkeyes) QB Jake Christiansen led his high school team to a state title in 2003. This marked the second championship in a row for this HS.
Q: Does anyone know.....who was the QB for this high school's 2002 state championship?

Giving the name of the HS would give it away but I will tell you that it was in Illinois Class 8AA.

d3boys
11-08-2008, 09:20 PM
how about steve walker

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
how about steve walker

ding, ding, ding, ding.
I'll say this...out the two, I'll take Steve every time. Christiansen is talented but has gotten himself into some off the field trouble while at Iowa.

Another Lockport HS fun fact....
Their head football coach, Brett Kooi and their head trainer came up to Fargo to watch Steve play his last home game as a Bison (vs Ill. State last November) When they returned they went on and on about how impressed with the program and facilities.

bisonmike2
11-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Somebody put slick on suicide watch! Can we now please keep all Big-10 teams out of the BCS bowls this year?

ndsubison1
11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
down goes Penn St.!!! 24-23

ndsubison1
11-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Somebody put slick on suicide watch! Can we now please keep all Big-10 teams out of the BCS bowls this year?

hahahaha... Big Ten=overrated...

NDSUstudent
11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
LSU just tied up Bama, could be a crazy day for the top teams.

sambini
11-09-2008, 12:47 AM
My oh my .......

56BISON73
11-09-2008, 02:43 AM
My oh my .......

How bout those HAWKEYES!!!!!!!! LOL
Missed the game as we were deer hunting. PL

d3boys
11-09-2008, 03:06 AM
no jo pa and his stepson slick in the big game

sambini
11-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Nice win Hawkeyes PL++++

onbison09
11-09-2008, 03:48 AM
How bout those HAWKEYES!!!!!!!! LOL
Missed the game as we were deer hunting. PL
Bad call! Would've liked to see Joe Pa win a national title and ride into the sunset.

SlickVic
11-09-2008, 09:43 AM

how so? iowas 4 losses came by a total of 12 points penn state should have won they are the better team but i mean your joking yourself if u think oregon state or ole miss could beat iowa the hawk eyes would humiliate either of those teams add in the weather what it was today? id take iowa by 35 over either of them...on a day when wyoming went into tennessee and won the big ten = over rated? lol wyoming wouldnt beat anybody from the big ten if you gave them 100 chances not even the gophs ;)

bisonmike2
11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
how so? iowas 4 losses came by a total of 12 points penn state should have won they are the better team but i mean your joking yourself if u think oregon state or ole miss could beat iowa the hawk eyes would humiliate either of those teams add in the weather what it was today? id take iowa by 35 over either of them...on a day when wyoming went into tennessee and won the big ten = over rated? lol wyoming wouldnt beat anybody from the big ten if you gave them 100 chances not even the gophs ;)

Slick, slick. cmon man. step down from the ledge. I respect your analysis of Penn St most weeks but Iowa is not that good. It's ok to say the Big 10 is down this year. They just are.

lcbison
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Silcks boy Darryl Clark did look just like Mcnabb yesterday...my o my....big game can't finish it....Just like the Super Bowl....my o my......Iowa Hawkeyes....my o my....imagine if Penn State was in a real conference.....

I wonder if Jo-pa even knows if his team lost. ...He probably still thinks its 1986...

At least we get to look forward to another USC Rose Bowl blowout....

Bison10
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM

I don't think it's overrated, everyone knows that it's not very good right now I think. I think in a few years it will be back to where it's on of the best conferences in the country though.

tjbison
11-09-2008, 05:32 PM
at least we don't have to worry about a B-10 team in the NC this year!! might actually be a good game instaed of a blowout!

SlickVic
11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Slick, slick. cmon man. step down from the ledge. I respect your analysis of Penn St most weeks but Iowa is not that good. It's ok to say the Big 10 is down this year. They just are.

the grand daddy of them alls not a bad consolation prize sucks we might get usc i want a match up with the mighty sec or big 12 we'll see how it all shakes out...big ten all be dominant in bowl games this year they always get tough match ups but i think they will fair just fine...dont forget ferentz had iowa in the top ten not that long ago they are a relevant program and its a quality loss shoulda coulda woulda won what can u do tho no heat on the sidelines ect ect dominated time of possesion plenty of oppurtunities to put points up...like i was saying eairler before the game i had heard darylls head still wasnt right he hadnt been exposed to contact in 2 weeks he played horrible 30 mph winds tho but i still love him after the game he was like "first of all i would like to apologize to penn state nation for my performance today" talk about a no non sense quarterback leader holding himself accountable like that nick mertens needs to take some notes...anyways tho penn states the best 1 loss team in the country there capable of beating any team on a nuetral field...felt bad for joe pa he looked just ruined after that game in the press conference ive never seen him like that i mean i felt the same way but seeing him like that really hit home that they just missed out on a title shot sucks but not much u can do

ndsubison1
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
the grand daddy of them alls not a bad consolation prize sucks we might get usc i want a match up with the mighty sec or big 12 we'll see how it all shakes out...big ten all be dominant in bowl games this year they always get tough match ups but i think they will fair just fine...dont forget ferentz had iowa in the top ten not that long ago they are a relevant program and its a quality loss shoulda coulda woulda won what can u do tho no heat on the sidelines ect ect dominated time of possesion plenty of oppurtunities to put points up...like i was saying eairler before the game i had heard darylls head still wasnt right he hadnt been exposed to contact in 2 weeks he played horrible 30 mph winds tho but i still love him after the game he was like "first of all i would like to apologize to penn state nation for my performance today" talk about a no non sense quarterback leader holding himself accountable like that nick mertens needs to take some notes...anyways tho penn states the best 1 loss team in the country there capable of beating any team on a nuetral field...felt bad for joe pa he looked just ruined after that game in the press conference ive never seen him like that i mean i felt the same way but seeing him like that really hit home that they just missed out on a title shot sucks but not much u can do

how can they be the best 1 loss team in the country when Florida is the best team in the country? ;)

SlickVic
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
how can they be the best 1 loss team in the country when Florida is the best team in the country? ;)

they put the stomp down at vandy whoopdy do vandys stadium looked like the fargo dome in the 4th quarter what an embarresment why was that team ever in the top 25? who has florida beat im trying to think over rated lsu at home and over rated georgia on a nuetral field with a loss at home to ole miss wow thats pretty impressive wonder who all they got left florida state for sure will fsu even have 11 players eligible for that game? florida doesnt scare me a loss at home vs ole miss looks alot worse then psus 1 point loss at iowa or uscs loss at oregon state oklahomas loss is the most legit but even still game gets played on a nuetral field every year kinda bs same w florida georgia game...id go oklahoma (for now) psu 2 and florida 3 as far as 1 loss teams go oklahomas only temporary hopefully leach and company will put the stomp down in norman u can talk about osus title game debacles all you want oklahomas been the biggest bust in bcs games of any school they lost to boise state and west virginia case closed

tjbison
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
they put the stomp down at vandy whoopdy do vandys stadium looked like the fargo dome in the 4th quarter what an embarresment why was that team ever in the top 25? who has florida beat im trying to think over rated lsu at home and over rated georgia on a nuetral field with a loss at home to ole miss wow thats pretty impressive wonder who all they got left florida state for sure will fsu even have 11 players eligible for that game? florida doesnt scare me a loss at home vs ole miss looks alot worse then psus 1 point loss at iowa or uscs loss at oregon state oklahomas loss is the most legit but even still game gets played on a nuetral field every year kinda bs same w florida georgia game...id go oklahoma (for now) psu 2 and florida 3 as far as 1 loss teams go oklahomas only temporary hopefully leach and company will put the stomp down in norman u can talk about osus title game debacles all you want oklahomas been the biggest bust in bcs games of any school they lost to boise state and west virginia case closed

just curious Slick who exactly has Penn St beat that is SO good?? I mean do you seriously think PSU would run with Bama, TT, that loss to Iowa just kept another overrated team from the NC! by the way Illinois and Western Michigan whats up with that:p

SlickVic
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
just curious Slick who exactly has Penn St beat that is SO good?? I mean do you seriously think PSU would run with Bama, TT, that loss to Iowa just kept another overrated team from the NC! by the way Illinois and Western Michigan whats up with that:p

i dunno shallacked a oregon state squad that beat usc also went into the horse shoe and beat a top ten ohio state in prime time thats pretty impressive...went into pre season top 10 wisconsin at night and whooped them...which of those other 1 loss teams have more impressive road wins? thats the same illini team that should have beat over rated missouri for the second year in a row dont no whats up with them tho ud have to ask the zooker

SlickVic
11-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Silcks boy Darryl Clark did look just like Mcnabb yesterday...my o my....big game can't finish it....Just like the Super Bowl....my o my......Iowa Hawkeyes....my o my....imagine if Penn State was in a real conference.....

I wonder if Jo-pa even knows if his team lost. ...He probably still thinks its 1986...

At least we get to look forward to another USC Rose Bowl blowout....

not so fast hill billy oregon state (who penn state stomped earlyer in the year yeah that would be the osu that usc lost to) controls the pac ten right now havnt checked there schedule but id guess being they play in the pac 10 its pretty favorable they could win out and earn the auto bid in the rose bowl aka if usc doesnt sneak into the title game (and they wont) the trojans may not play in a bcs bowl game im not sure how thatd work so im sure theyd weasel there way in some how just hope they play the mighty utes of utah lol hahahaha what a joke

SlickVic
11-10-2008, 12:53 AM
close but no cigar...thats aaron maybin #59...how many times do you hear during the course of a season that football is a game of inches a game of inches? my oh my...

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/JoePa324/maybinn.jpg

bisonmike2
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Slick,

Is JoePa done after this year? And if so who's his replacement?

SlickVic
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Slick,

Is JoePa done after this year? And if so who's his replacement?

he doesnt have a contract but id be shocked if he wasnt back think he has at least 1 more run at a championship left in him...i hate how people just assume hes on his last leg yeah maybe he is figuritivley but he'll get that hip fixed after michigan state and probably be on the sidelines in pasadena it wouldnt suprise me...from what kirk herbstreet was saying outsiders would be absolutely amazed at the level of involvement he has in day to day dealings with the football team his fingerprints were all over that ohio state game and also at iowa

SirHinn
11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
not so fast hill billy oregon state (who penn state stomped earlyer in the year yeah that would be the osu that usc lost to) controls the pac ten right now havnt checked there schedule but id guess being they play in the pac 10 its pretty favorable they could win out and earn the auto bid in the rose bowl aka if usc doesnt sneak into the title game (and they wont) the trojans may not play in a bcs bowl game im not sure how thatd work so im sure theyd weasel there way in some how just hope they play the mighty utes of utah lol hahahaha what a joke

How would USC not be in a BCS bowl? All they have to do is win out and they will be guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl considering they'll be in the top 5 in the BCS rankings.

SlickVic
11-10-2008, 03:20 PM
How would USC not be in a BCS bowl? All they have to do is win out and they will be guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl considering they'll be in the top 5 in the BCS rankings.

not the rose...all oregon states got to do and is lose and there in which id actually want to see hapen because then the big 10 would get 2 teams in BCS bowls...chea

lcbison
11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
not the rose...all oregon states got to do and is lose and there in which id actually want to see hapen because then the big 10 would get 2 teams in BCS bowls...chea

well Utah and Boise St. are both ranked above Ohio St. right now....don't look good for Big 11 to get 2 teams in BCS......

Would be sweet for Michigan St. to get that coveted spot in Rose Bowl...my o my....control their own destiny...javon ringer so sick gonna run wild on joe pa boys....you thought the Iowa RB looked good sat...

SirHinn
11-10-2008, 05:19 PM

As was said before, why would the Big 10 get 2 teams? I have a feeling they would take another Big 12 team before they would take Ohio St.

lcbison
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
As was said before, why would the Big 10 get 2 teams? I have a feeling they would take another Big 12 team before they would take Ohio St.

They can only take 2 teams from any a conference for the BCS....

so actually Ohio State does have a pretty good shot of making it unless they take 2 mid-majors(Utah and Boise St.)

ndsubison1
11-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Joe Pa's gonna die during a game one of these days...

SlickVic
11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Joe Pa's gonna die during a game one of these days...

he's prolly healthier than 4 out of 5 people who post on this board...hes prolly walked more miles than youve drove in your entire life

GOB1SON
11-11-2008, 12:17 AM
No disrespect intended, but is there a bigger homer on here than Slick is for Big 10 football?

The Big 10 is NOT GOOD. Let's see, a list of teams that I believe would beat PSU 8/10:

Florida
Alabama
Georgia
USC
Texas
Oklahoma

7/10:
LSU
Missouri
Texas Tech
OK State

And at least 1/10:
Iowa!

That Shonn Green is real Heismann candidate, though!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/70415-the-emergence-of-iowa-rb-shonn-greene-has-iowa-city-talking-heisman

NOT!

(Was that too cynical? Hope not. I am just feeling a little randy tonight, I guess!)

bisonmike2
11-11-2008, 12:57 AM
he's prolly healthier than 4 out of 5 people who post on this board...hes prolly walked more miles than youve drove in your entire life

I don't doubt this. If he walked only 10 miles every year he has been alive we're looking at millions of miles. :) We could have a whole to class of momma so old jokes with JoePa substitued in as momma.

JoePa so old I told him to act him own age, and he died.

JoePa so old him social security number is 1!

JoePa so old that when he was in school there was no history class.

JoePa so old he has a picture of Moses in his yearbook.

JoePa so old him birth certificate says expired on it.

JoePa so old he knew Burger King while he was still a prince.

JoePa so old he was a waiter at the Last Supper.

JoePa so old he ran track with dinosaurs.

JoePa so old him birth certificate is in Roman numerals.

NDSUdonny
11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Penn State is not a great team. Best in the Big 10, maybe, but what does that say? I've seen them 4 or 5 times this year and they would get taken behind the woodshed by teams like Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, USC, Florida, and Alabama... If I was a Penn State fan, I would almost hope to lose another game so they wouldn't have to get their asses kicked by USC in the grandaddy (I seriously doubt Oregon St. will win out). I'm a Big 10 fan, but I'm also not delusional. Give the conference a few years and maybe they will be competetive in big games again

ndsubison1
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
it will be usc in the rose bowl, they're on the outside looking in right now I dont think they can pass Texas, OU, T-Tech, Florida, and Alabama. But the Big Ten is down this year but they should be better in the future, Terrelle Pryor is going to be a Heisman type player he could finally take OSU over the top, PSU is looking promising, along with Michigan, Michigan St., and even Minnesota