PDA

View Full Version : Second Exhibition Game

BlueKeyAlum
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Minnesota Crookston comes to town tonight.

SlickVic
11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Minnesota Crookston comes to town tonight.

ill be there...blue key can you tell me if jenna dolence and jarozeski play for crook? there a couple of former spuds like me and SD hopefully they still hoopin

Fan08
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
yes they do

SlickVic
11-06-2008, 10:59 PM
chea thanks fan ++++++++

medman
11-07-2008, 02:19 AM
this was one ugly game. i dont know if you can take any positives from it. to only beat a team like crookston by 20 is embarrasing. its going to be a LONG season

NDSUstudent
11-07-2008, 02:32 AM
this was one ugly game. i dont know if you can take any positives from it. to only beat a team like crookston by 20 is embarrasing. its going to be a LONG season

It will probably be a roller coaster, considering we are relying on some inexperienced players and have a new coach.

roadwarrior
11-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Only 9 turnovers is a positive.

medman
11-07-2008, 02:40 AM
Nine turnovers is good but we play what looked like a high school team. for us to be division 1 it is still embarrasing. i think we will be lucky to get 10 wins and make it to the conference tourney

medman
11-07-2008, 02:41 AM
and we were tied in rebounding to a team with that has prettymuch all guards

roadwarrior
11-07-2008, 02:47 AM
I agree that this year might be a tough road, but Dehoff didn't exactly inherit a team full of experienced players.

medman
11-07-2008, 03:02 AM
i agree with that. i think she seems like a great coach just doesnt have the talent. it might take a few years

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree that the nine turnovers is a positive especially for a team that has a frosh point guard and two sophomore starters.

Also shooting almost 50% is a good sign.

Birkel is going to have nights she plays like a frosh but she's put up great numbers in the exhibition. It will be fun to see her grow into a very good player.

Inger also showed a proficiency for hitting the three point shot. Whether she will be able to get this off against Division one competion will be interesting to watch.

Abby Plucker has improved a lot it seems.

imabison
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
The most important thing you seem to forget its an exihibition game.

The new coach, and the players are trying all sorts of different options through out the game. Different combinations, different sets.

I agree with the other comments on Birkel, Plucker, and Hodgson.

I did chuckle when a person sitting in earshot said he could hardly wait until spring. When asked why he said because Jerry Penley will graduate.

All the post players need to use the backboard more, they just are not good at drop shots close to the basket.

It will be a roller coaster year, but I seen some very positive actions. Lots of of head on coaching, more action on defense etc.

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Forum Article. http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/221091

Totally forgot the Roysland coonection: Dad Mike UMC's head coach, daughter Kelly - current Bison Asst. Coach.

Lots of talk about Birkel and what she brings to the team.

roadwarrior
11-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Jeff Kolpack's observations:

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

BisoninNWMN
11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
.500 would be a huge success!!

Wins will probably be counted on one hand.

..........long year....IMO

.....beat UMC by only 20......:hide: :hide: :hide:

Jacks will hammer us twice by over 30

NDSUstudent
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM

You do realize the Summit League is weak, SDSU destroyed us twice last year and we still finished 2nd.

Bison What?
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
i agree with that. i think she seems like a great coach just doesnt have the talent. it might take a few years

This comment is ridiculous...the talent is there...they are just a young team, we have to give them a little time to develop some chemistry and rythm....I do not think that this is going to be a horrible season for the girls...

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Jacks will hammer everyone in the Summit by 30.

But I think we will struggle to be in the top 4...this year.

But we are getting the players that are going to put us at the Division One level. Birkel and Plucker have the Division One speed...and getting linz in next year will be good for us as well.

SlickVic
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
This comment is ridiculous...the talent is there...they are just a young team, we have to give them a little time to develop some chemistry and rythm....I do not think that this is going to be a horrible season for the girls...

i do........

Bison10
11-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Do you even watch the games? Penley is coming off an injury in which she was out 2 months! And she is still trying to get in game shape., just like anyone else would be. She is the best defender on the team and one of the best in the Summit League. I go to every game because I am going to be a journalist so I do have to follow them.

Bison What?
11-07-2008, 05:10 PM
i do........

Well slickvic...you can just stay at home...dont bother comin to any womens bball games, cuz I can guarantee the girls wouldnt want you as a fan anyway....

Bison10
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey Slick got to watch the games to see if they are good or not, which apparently you don't. They are supposed to finish in the middle of the Summit League, they only have one senior and are a young team in playing time.

SlickVic
11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
been at both games.........

imabison
11-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Do you even watch the games? Penley is coming off an injury in which she was out 2 months! And she is still trying to get in game shape., just like anyone else would be. She is the best defender on the team and one of the best in the Summit League. I go to every game because I am going to be a journalist so I do have to follow them.
Please keep in mind that his is an open forum and people are allowed to voice their opinions. Not everyone will agree with everyone elses opinion.

d3boys
11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
here is to hoping they surprise the majority of people on here and have a very successful season
I for one believe they will do ok

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I agree with the comment about a lack of a CRE-ate player.

Last year that was mostly Bue and sometimes Moran.

This year I thought it would be Samuelson but from the sounds of it, her two year hiatus has really set her back. I'd like to see Plucker in that role but it sounds like Birkel may be the one.

medman
11-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I dont see how we can finish in the middle unless the bottom teams are just god awful because we are not good. I dont even see the bright spot in the future. Birkel will be good but after that i dont really know

NDSUstudent
11-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I dont see how we can finish in the middle unless the bottom teams are just god awful because we are not good. I dont even see the bright spot in the future. Birkel will be good but after that i dont really know

Have you seen some of the teams? I remember watching Centenary and I thought MSU-Moorhead could pound them.

Bison What?
11-08-2008, 02:56 PM

How can you say that!? No doubt Birkel is going to be a major key this and in the coming seasons but have you seen Plucker's play!? Plucker has amazing talent that she will bring every game. Inger is becoming a pivitol player, shes got the game knowlege and be counted on in clutch situations. There is talent spread across the board on this team...dont count them out!

BisoninNWMN
11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
With 10 players, depth will be a concern...esp with any injuries.

Does DI WWB have 15 schollies?

Is the coach keeping them free to bring in jucos next year or bring in a big freshman class. A big freshman class will probably not produce benefits for at least 2-3 yrs....or is that her plan??? If that is her plan....Bison WBB fans should be prepared for some lean yrs ahead.

An ex. game against UMC should have been a 60 point annihilation!!

Good luck to the lady Bison this year.

roadwarrior
11-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Yes, WBB has 15 scholarships. DeHoff was hired kind of late to be doing a lot of recruiting. It was smart of her not to waste scholarships just to fill the bench this season. Next week early signing period starts, and we should see some top MN players sign with the Bison.

I don't think you can gauge the team's success this season based on how many points of victory margin.

While not ready to claim a Summit League championship this year, I think we will do better than some think. A middle of the pack finish in the regular season might be about right.

BlueKeyAlum
11-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes, WBB has 15 scholarships. DeHoff was hired kind of late to be doing a lot of recruiting. It was smart of her not to waste scholarships just to fill the bench this season. Next week early signing period starts, and we should see some top MN players sign with the Bison.

I don't think you can gauge the team's success this season based on how many points of victory margin.

While not ready to claim a Summit League championship this year, I think we will do better than some think. A middle of the pack finish in the regular season might be about right.

Bison have reportedly 5 verbals for next year:

Danielle DeGagne, 5-11 G, Manitoba
Hannah Linz, 5-11 G, Minnesota
Rachelle Eckman, 6-0 G, Minnesota
Paige Beck, 6-1 F, South Dakota
Janae Burich, 6-5 C, Minnesota

Recruiting the year following that will be interesting...we lose 6 seniors following 2009-10 season.

summitfever
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
My guess, and yes it's only a guess is that there will be some juco kids next year. Of the incoming freshman next season I know Linz and Eckmann will be able to help some. Beck and Burich may need some seasoning, especially since they're post players. This is the case with most posts coming into college. I have not seen DeGagne play so I cannot comment on her abilities. Anyway, I would guess a juco or two will be on the roster.

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Penley is the lone senior this year.

For 2009, if all the verbals sign their LOI, we'll have 14 on the roster. I wouldn't expect DeHoff to use all the (15) schollies unless someone else doesn't return.

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Penley is the lone senior this year.

For 2009, if all the verbals sign their LOI, we'll have 14 on the roster. I wouldn't expect DeHoff to use all the (15) schollies unless someone else doesn't return.

BisonHero
11-10-2008, 01:56 AM
I did chuckle when a person sitting in earshot said he could hardly wait until spring. When asked why he said because Jerry Penley will graduate.

I totally disagree with this comment. I feel Jerri Penley is a great athlete and that she has done great things for this program! I mean she did have 19 points 7 rebounds with only 21 minutes of playing time. I feel that everyone on here has nothing better to do then bash the NDSU athletes. You love them when their winning and you hate them when their losing... Quit being a bandwagon fan and just enjoy that NDSU has a division 1 program! Jerri Penly deserves respect along with all the rest of the girls... They work hard and strive to make all of you happy... Give them a break! It's a new team and they need to get to know eachothers tendencies, just support them!

BisonHero
11-10-2008, 01:59 AM

[QUOTE=BisoninNWMN;227678]

QUOTE]

Alright, here we go again! I feel that a win is a win and that everyone needs to stop complaining about how the girls are doing and just support them. The more all of you complain the more it hurts the team! How would you feel is someone doubted you?

BraxtonT
11-10-2008, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=BisoninNWMN;227678]

QUOTE]

Alright, here we go again! I feel that a win is a win and that everyone needs to stop complaining about how the girls are doing and just support them. The more all of you complain the more it hurts the team! How would you feel is someone doubted you?

Pissed and then I'd want to prove them wrong.

imabison
11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I totally disagree with this comment. I feel Jerri Penley is a great athlete and that she has done great things for this program! I mean she did have 19 points 7 rebounds with only 21 minutes of playing time. I feel that everyone on here has nothing better to do then bash the NDSU athletes. You love them when their winning and you hate them when their losing... Quit being a bandwagon fan and just enjoy that NDSU has a division 1 program! Jerri Penly deserves respect along with all the rest of the girls... They work hard and strive to make all of you happy... Give them a break! It's a new team and they need to get to know eachothers tendencies, just support them!
Oh, by the way I did not say I agreed with what was said, just think Penley can do certain things alot better.

A bandwagon fan.. humm maybe thats why I only became a season ticket holder after NDSU moved up.

Oh well, this is an open forum, you are also entitled to your opinion..

Go Bison

SlickVic
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh well, this is an open forum, you are also entitled to your opinion..

Go Bison

yeah no kidding i loved that team they had last year at got ragged for it dont think theyve been all that impressive so far and get ragged for it why are some of u being so sensitive?

BisonHero
11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=BisonHero;227995]

Pissed and then I'd want to prove them wrong.

I agree! So let them play and get better with time... All we have in life is time, so please give them some!~

GOB1SON
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Bison have reportedly 5 verbals for next year:

Danielle DeGagne, 5-11 G, Manitoba
Hannah Linz, 5-11 G, Minnesota
Rachelle Eckman, 6-0 G, Minnesota
Paige Beck, 6-1 F, South Dakota
Janae Burich, 6-5 C, Minnesota

Recruiting the year following that will be interesting...we lose 6 seniors following 2009-10 season.

How about a North Dakota girl or two? Are there absolutely no young ladies in ND that can compete for a spot at NDSU? How many ND graduates are on the roster now? (I'll give you a clue, it is less than 1).

BisonHero
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree that it's an open forum but I do feel some people should think about what they are saying and put yourself in the bison shoes! How would you feel if you found out someone was bashing you or talking bad about you! I feel that these girls are working hard and they just need some support! you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that!

ndbison111
11-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the athletes in discussion are AMATEUR athletes, some of them are only 18 years old. It's true that the world is not always a kind place, but hey are simply trying to compete and get an education. The last thing they need is someone criticizing the way they shoot, dribble, play defense, etc... I think all the bison athletes would appreciate it if the posts were a little more respectful.

Elephants Dream?
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
So according to you we are ONLY supposed to
have positive comments??? Get real, you don't
always get a pat on the back, more often you'll
get a swift kick in the ass. That's life.

SlickVic
11-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I agree! So let them play and get better with time... All we have in life is time, so please give them some!~

hey inger i mean bisonhero or bisonwhat ill give you all the time you want but my oh my will u please stop posting and go practice?

SlickVic
11-10-2008, 10:13 PM

yeah i think all three or four or however many of you girls that keep posting this garbage need a "swift kick in the ass"

lakesbison
11-10-2008, 10:39 PM
there FOR SURE are girls bball players posting.... i love it!!

kick some butt this year ladies!!!

iHEARTthundar
11-13-2008, 08:52 PM

... but from what I normally read on here its pretty much all negative! I know I could never do what a lot of the althetes do and I am assuming that 90% of the people here couldn't either! I know they don't always play the best and its ok to say that sometimes, but there are many times that they have some great plays or great games and that should be talked about too!

ndsubison1
11-14-2008, 08:05 AM
After watching them play I think they'll be mediocre at best, every team is going to have growing pains. This team is inexperienced and they will improve, but I don't think they will be a contender this year in the Summit. But I hope they prove me wrong...

Go Bison.