PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Backs Mertens

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
at Teammakers, says. JOSE will NOT take off redshirt.

Said he had heart to heart with Nick.

****Bohl "its not all nick's fault, lots of dropped balls, missed routes, o-line needs to be much better"****

Jose has a bright future, and this will give him 3 solid years after mertens leaves and next year to compete in fall camp.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMm sounds like he was listening to my posts lately.

Kole Heck still out with foot,

Coach is fired up for last 2 weeks, and the team goal was to finish 4-0.

bisonmike2
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
at Teammakers, says. JOSE will NOT take off redshirt.

Said he had heart to heart with Nick.

****Bohl "its not all nick's fault, lots of dropped balls, missed routes, o-line needs to be much better"****

Jose has a bright future, and this will give him 3 solid years after mertens leaves and next year to compete in fall camp.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMm sounds like he was listening to my posts lately.

Kole Heck still out with foot,

Coach is fired up for last 2 weeks, and the team goal was to finish 4-0.

Hopefully we will get 4 solid years from Jose. I hope he opens up the competition for QB next year and gives Jose a legitimate shot and winning the starting job. I'm all for Bohl giving Mertens a pep-talk but what does this kid have to do to get benched? He could get caught by the F.P.D, wasted, pissing on Bohls car, with 1 hand holding a Old Milwaukee and the other a crack pipe and I'm convinced Bohl would still start him against Missouri State.

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
mike... are you listening??

if bohl see's thats it all a snowball effect with nick and the offense.. why cant you or others on here??

bisonmike2
11-06-2008, 06:37 PM
mike... are you listening??

if bohl see's thats it all a snowball effect with nick and the offense.. why cant you or others on here??

It's not that I"m not listening, it's that I can't read. :) I get, and I know it's not all his fault. I just want a fair and open competition for QB next fall. And before any of you say "every position is open" remember Mertens will be a senior with 4 years in the system. It would be very easy for the staff to fall back on the he's got experience angle and he's improved over the off season. And let's not forget one of our QB's that left this past season was quoted as saying it was pretty obvious that Mertens was their man. All I'm asking for is that they wipe the slate clean and do a full evaluation of our QB options next fall.

bisonhusker
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I would say that Lakes heard "parts" of what Bohl was saying. He said alot of throws were short armed, not in the right spot, poor decisions, but that he was their guy, and he had to start THROWING the football and making the plays he is capable of making. He was not saying Nick was playing well.

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
i never said that bohl said "mertens is incredible or great"

lets just get that straight!

No_Skill
11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
We will lose the SDSU game and the Missouri game will be close...if not a loss.

bisonmike2
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
i never said that bohl said "mertens is incredible or great"

lets just get that straight!

You heard it here folks. Lakes says Bohl told him that Mertens is the greatest QB NDSU has ever had!:)

aces1180
11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
When it comes to Bison sports, it has been proven that Husker/Burgandy is a credible source of information.

Lakes, if you are such an insider with SU, why are you not working for Media Relations or Marketing?

X-Factor
11-06-2008, 07:32 PM
If Nick is to be our quarterback next year he needs to seriously re-evaluate his game and make some huge strides year-over-year that you rarely see in college athletes. Yes, we have had TONS of protection breakdowns and more dropped passes than an offense should endure after returning every single wideout from the previous season, but the facts still remain that are easy to spot for anyone that pays the least bit of attention to the actual game: Nick isn't checking down his receivers and it is painfully obvious. This is signs of a qb that has had little time running a particular offense or someone that hasn't caught himself up to the speed of the game. We have given Nick 4 years in the same system with the same coaches, next year will be his 5th. It's time to start looking at that second and third option then deciding which one isn't triple covered and throwing to that guy. The game seems to be very fast for Nick right now and that has led to several of the INT's we have seen. He just hasn't reacted fast enough to the good defenses and it results in mistakes. I'm very confident they can get his erratic throws under control by next year, I'm not so sold on Nick ever getting up to speed where he doesn't stare down a receiver the whole play. Hope I'm proven wrong on that last part.

Bohl is obviously going to stand behind Mertens at this point in the season. With two games left and very slim chance at playoffs, they simply need to gut it out and hope for the best. Pulling redshirts at this point due to non-injury or non-conduct situations is rather futile. Chances are very good that we win next weekend no matter who starts at QB so it boils down to that final brawl with SDSU. We will need good line play and an improvement at wideout to help out our quarterback in order to win.

cvbison1
11-06-2008, 07:42 PM

don't even post if you are going to say b.s. like that.

td577
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Bohl doesn't really have a choice. I thought halftime of the Indiana State game was the very last moment he could have pulled Mohler's redshirt and be able to publicly justify the decision. Now the only QBs who should play the last two games are Mertens and Jackson. Anything else does not make any sense.

RunDMc34
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
at this point mertens just needs to stop worrying about making mistakes, hes almost become a self-fufilling prophecy. He is afraid to make mistakes and therefore he makes more of them.

Pretty much every throw after the YSU game that has been over the middle has not been confidently stepped up into. Not stepping up into the throw leads to the ball sailing leads to interceptions.

To me Mertens has all the tools but a kid that has no confidence with all the tools is about worthless to the team. If Jackson brings that confidence I think you gotta play him. I Just wish nick would step up get his head on straight play confident and if mistakes happen well they happen.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I agree, I think Mertens has the talent he needs but he has become more worried about being a perfect passer instead of just going out there and just throwing the ball around. He isn't even close to the same player that stepped onto the field against Austin Peay.

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Aces... they took my sportscaster instead.

and AMY RULEY.

aces1180
11-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Aces... they took my sportscaster instead.

and AMY RULEY.

I wouldn't say they took your sportscaster...Jorgensen hasn't been on the air in Fargo since 2003-04. He was probably my favorite when he was on KVRR, however. Him and Ryan G. made a good 1-2 punch.

And Ruley isn't working in Marketing, she is working in Development/Fund raising.

roadwarrior
11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Bohl was standing behind Mertens today, but then he pretty much has been saying that all season. There isn't much else that he can do at this point in the season. Lets hope Nick turns things around against Missouri State and plays like he did the first two weeks of the season.

stevdock
11-06-2008, 09:47 PM
If Nick is to be our quarterback next year he needs to seriously re-evaluate his game and make some huge strides year-over-year that you rarely see in college athletes. Yes, we have had TONS of protection breakdowns and more dropped passes than an offense should endure after returning every single wideout from the previous season, but the facts still remain that are easy to spot for anyone that pays the least bit of attention to the actual game: Nick isn't checking down his receivers and it is painfully obvious. This is signs of a qb that has had little time running a particular offense or someone that hasn't caught himself up to the speed of the game. We have given Nick 4 years in the same system with the same coaches, next year will be his 5th. It's time to start looking at that second and third option then deciding which one isn't triple covered and throwing to that guy. The game seems to be very fast for Nick right now and that has led to several of the INT's we have seen. He just hasn't reacted fast enough to the good defenses and it results in mistakes. I'm very confident they can get his erratic throws under control by next year, I'm not so sold on Nick ever getting up to speed where he doesn't stare down a receiver the whole play. Hope I'm proven wrong on that last part.

Bohl is obviously going to stand behind Mertens at this point in the season. With two games left and very slim chance at playoffs, they simply need to gut it out and hope for the best. Pulling redshirts at this point due to non-injury or non-conduct situations is rather futile. Chances are very good that we win next weekend no matter who starts at QB so it boils down to that final brawl with SDSU. We will need good line play and an improvement at wideout to help out our quarterback in order to win.

You hear all the time that the great players or even good players can get the game to slow down around them. I've been thinking most of the year that Mertens needs this to happen. He's just not there yet. Hopefully he gets there soon. It's obvious that he has the talent to be a very good quarterback, just hasn't showed it yet.

99Bison
11-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I agree, I think Mertens has the talent he needs but he has become more worried about being a perfect passer instead of just going out there and just throwing the ball around. He isn't even close to the same player that stepped onto the field against Austin Peay.

Agreed, good comment.

Fan08
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Mertens is not the answer to our quarterback situation. Why not start the freshman next year to get him experience and by the time he junior or senior he will be a stud

imported_Bisongold
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Interesting that Minnesota's QB Weber had 19 interceptions last year and is having a very good year this year (although he threw a walk-off interception last game. ) I don't know what Brewster would have seen in him after last season to make him a starter this year, but he saw something. Is this similar to NM? One big difference in MN, however is last year they just weren't a good team, while the Bison were good and have an aweful lot of players returning. I don't know what to think of this...perhaps nothing.
t

ndsubison1
11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Interesting that Minnesota's QB Weber had 19 interceptions last year and is having a very good year this year (although he threw a walk-off interception last game. ) I don't know what Brewster would have seen in him after last season to make him a starter this year, but he saw something. Is this similar to NM? One big difference in MN, however is last year they just weren't a good team, while the Bison were good and have an aweful lot of players returning. I don't know what to think of this...perhaps nothing.
t

Weber was a redshirt freshman last year though...

BisonCardinal
11-07-2008, 12:24 AM

Not so sure about this. Nick has been groomed and coddled for at least the past three years or so for the qb position and he still would have trouble hitting a piece of plywood from 25 yards.

Not picking on you NDSUStudent, I just keeping hearing about all this talent that Mertens has. When we started this journey with Mertens, all I heard was that he had a stronger arm than Walker and was more mobile. I thought great, an arm like Walker and wheels like Bentrim. What a package. I haven't seen any of that.

Surely Coach Bohl and Mr. Mertens should have felt the need to hit this so called talent button after the Youngstown game. Hasn't happened.

And now we may be blessed with this "talent" again next year.

My Oh My

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Hopefully we will get 4 solid years from Jose. I hope he opens up the competition for QB next year and gives Jose a legitimate shot and winning the starting job. I'm all for Bohl giving Mertens a pep-talk but what does this kid have to do to get benched? He could get caught by the F.P.D, wasted, pissing on Bohls car, with 1 hand holding a Old Milwaukee and the other a crack pipe and I'm convinced Bohl would still start him against Missouri State.

Hopefully we recruit a bunch of QB's so we have more than two competing for the spot. IMO we should start with on underclassman (freshmen), Merten's train is about to leave the station.

OldBison
11-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Nick isn't checking down his receivers and it is painfully obvious. This is signs of a qb that has had little time running a particular offense or someone that hasn't caught himself up to the speed of the game. We have given Nick 4 years in the same system with the same coaches, next year will be his 5th. It's time to start looking at that second and third option then deciding which one isn't triple covered and throwing to that guy. The game seems to be very fast for Nick right now and that has led to several of the INT's we have seen. He just hasn't reacted fast enough to the good defenses and it results in mistakes. I'm very confident they can get his erratic throws under control by next year, I'm not so sold on Nick ever getting up to speed where he doesn't stare down a receiver the whole play. Hope I'm proven wrong on that last part.

It was interesting watching the beginning of the Maryland-Virginia Tech game tonight. Maryland switched to the West Coast Offense, Fridgen gave up the play calling. Jesse Palmer, who played QB at FL for the Ol Ball Coach, said the WC offense works but only with a QB who can go through their progressions, make quick decisions and go to the open playmaker with speed. I agree with you X, not sure what Palmer described describes Mertens.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-07-2008, 01:35 AM

Huh??????? From what I've seen from this team, there are no gimmes.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Not so sure about this. Nick has been groomed and coddled for at least the past three years or so for the qb position and he still would have trouble hitting a piece of plywood from 25 yards.

Not picking on you NDSUStudent, I just keeping hearing about all this talent that Mertens has. When we started this journey with Mertens, all I heard was that he had a stronger arm than Walker and was more mobile. I thought great, an arm like Walker and wheels like Bentrim. What a package. I haven't seen any of that.

Surely Coach Bohl and Mr. Mertens should have felt the need to hit this so called talent button after the Youngstown game. Hasn't happened.

My Oh My

I was thinking the exact same thing. Really haven't seen the talent and I had laser vision correction two years ago, so my eyesight is very, very good. :)

NDSU1980
11-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Hopefully we recruit a bunch of QB's so we have more than two competing for the spot. IMO we should start with on underclassman (freshmen), Merten's train is about to leave the station.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Have to have more options at QB then we had this year.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2008, 02:48 AM

My Oh My

I've seen him make some good throws, he does have a good arm, and honestly he would have never gotten to this point without having talent. With that said a player can have all the talent in the world but never amount to anything. Talent can only take you so far, you need confidence in yourself and you need your teammates to block and catch the ball for you.

Far too many people are just blaming Nick, he is part of the problem but his problems as a QB can become glaring as the team struggles around him. I don't think I have ever seen such a combination of poor route running, dropped passes, and poor O-line play as I have seen this season.

You guys can question Nick all you want(I have as well) but we can have a million different QBs and not one would make a difference if we are not fundamentally sound.

tcbison
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Just a question here. For the people that are saying it is the receivers are part of the problem, it that because we have a new WR coach from last year?

lakesbison
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Yes. a little....but mainly its just a snowball effect from the drops in wyoming that turned into int's... players got mentally messed up after that,,,along with the.coaching and conservative play callin...

semobison
11-07-2008, 07:05 PM
With any type of passing game we could easily be 7-2 right now! Early I was behind Mertens, but how terrible does he have to play before he is benched? I dont want to hang my hat on him as next years QB, and go through another year like this. The reason we were 20-2 the previous two years is because we had a balanced offense!

stevdock
11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I think this year is starting to prove that the main reason we were 20-2 the last two years was because of our starting QB. No slam at all on Mertens because he can not live up to Walker. But Walker probably made the whole team look better than they really were, especially the last two years.

X-Factor
11-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Huh??????? From what I've seen from this team, there are no gimmes.

apparently you havn't been paying attention to what happened last weekend in Bookings. The Bears got hurt....in a big way. Tons of their players were already injured before the SDSU game (more injuries than what we have), and it got significantly worse throughout the game. Unless they have some magical healing powers in the water in Springfield the team we will see on the field next weekend will not be the same Bears team that has competed up to this point. I can't guarantee a win, but a loss would put the ultimatum of all exclamation points on a season of heartbreak for the Bison. I'm thinking this game will look very similar to Illinois State. Everything but the elusive forward pass should work just fine :D

bisonhp330
11-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I don't think mertens has what it takes either- but I think it is complete BS the way the crowd booed him last week. Its the kind of lack of class I would expect if I was to attend a game up north ( not that there is a chance i would do that). There was a group of guys- about 10 of them booing every time he did anything- by the looks of them the closest they have ever been to being on a field is when they put their x-box on their big screen. I agree he isn't doing good at all- but leave that sh*t out of the game.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I think this year is starting to prove that the main reason we were 20-2 the last two years was because of our starting QB. No slam at all on Mertens because he can not live up to Walker. But Walker probably made the whole team look better than they really were, especially the last two years.

Right on. Watch the Gopher game from last year (or any game) and see how many 3 and longs were converted. If those plays aren't converted, its punt time and eventually the difference between winning and losing. The offense we run is set up for few, but critical pass plays. There is no margin for error. If they aren't completed, we punt and eventually lose.

Walker was that good.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-08-2008, 01:05 AM
apparently you havn't been paying attention to what happened last weekend in Bookings. The Bears got hurt....in a big way. Tons of their players were already injured before the SDSU game (more injuries than what we have), and it got significantly worse throughout the game. Unless they have some magical healing powers in the water in Springfield the team we will see on the field next weekend will not be the same Bears team that has competed up to this point. I can't guarantee a win, but a loss would put the ultimatum of all exclamation points on a season of heartbreak for the Bison. I'm thinking this game will look very similar to Illinois State. Everything but the elusive forward pass should work just fine :D

X. I'm still worried about Missouri St. even if they are beat up. Remember Youngstown. Their whole d-line were back-ups due to injuries and we still couldn't run against them. Nothing is in the bag this season.

Bisonfan1
11-08-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't think mertens has what it takes either- but I think it is complete BS the way the crowd booed him last week. Its the kind of lack of class I would expect if I was to attend a game up north ( not that there is a chance i would do that). There was a group of guys- about 10 of them booing every time he did anything- by the looks of them the closest they have ever been to being on a field is when they put their x-box on their big screen. I agree he isn't doing good at all- but leave that sh*t out of the game.

Agreed, total lack of class, I was not impressed (again) with the the QB performance, I did not boo Mertens, I did however, applaude completions by Jackson. I still do believe that the coaching staff has not put Mertens in the best possible situations to succeed ( predictable play calling etc etc) has been hashed out a hundred times. This seasons a wash, live or die with Mertens until the end it appears. I hope he can really step up to the plate the final 2 games.

CaBisonFan
11-08-2008, 02:03 AM
This season can be described in one way:

Domino Effect

d3boys
11-08-2008, 02:50 PM

I was a little annoyed at the response of bison fans
boo the other team
cheer our team

CaBisonFan
11-08-2008, 03:49 PM
boo the other team
cheer our team

Totally agree :nod:

Save that garbage for fake football...the NFL.

BisonCardinal
11-09-2008, 01:30 AM
boo the other team
cheer our team

Seriously, are we are supposed to cheer the same whether the team has a two touchdown lead over UNI or Indiana State. The players are getting paid(via scholarships)to perform and Coach Bohl is getting paid a quarter million to field a performing team against a 0-8 team and we struggled. Let's blow some more sunshine up their butts.

Although the booing was probably tacky, I am amused/amazed by how strong football programs like us, Montana and Georgia Southern eat their young. Ever read their boards even after they win?

My chosen response during the Indiana State game at halftime was to stand as the team started walking past our seats, clap a couple times and then sit down. My usual response is to stay standing and clapping until most of the team had walked by. I had contemplated just standing and staring as they walked by but realized most of the players are trying hard.

I don't think all the booing was for the players either. Now realizing that Coach Bohl has more football knowledge in his pinky than I have in my whole body, I am still wondering what he considers a "good pass". On two different coach's shows, he was telling Phil that these were good passes from Mertens to Kole and Jeremiah. The one to Kole was such that Kole had to slow way up to catch it and the one to Jeremiah was so high that he was hung out to dry. Completions yes, good passes no.

Go Bison, let's win out! Get the Marker back!

IzzyFlexion
11-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Seriously, are we are supposed to cheer the same whether the team has a two touchdown lead over UNI or Indiana State. The players are getting paid(via scholarships)to perform and Coach Bohl is getting paid a quarter million to field a performing team against a 0-8 team and we struggled. Let's blow some more sunshine up their butts.

Although the booing was probably tacky, I am amused/amazed by how strong football programs like us, Montana and Georgia Southern eat their young. Ever read their boards even after they win?

My chosen response during the Indiana State game at halftime was to stand as the team started walking past our seats, clap a couple times and then sit down. My usual response is to stay standing and clapping until most of the team had walked by. I had contemplated just standing and staring as they walked by but realized most of the players are trying hard.

I don't think all the booing was for the players either. Now realizing that Coach Bohl has more football knowledge in his pinky than I have in my whole body, I am still wondering what he considers a "good pass". On two different coach's shows, he was telling Phil that these were good passes from Mertens to Kole and Jeremiah. The one to Kole was such that Kole had to slow way up to catch it and the one to Jeremiah was so high that he was hung out to dry. Completions yes, good passes no.

Go Bison, let's win out! Keep the Marker!

Uhhh,
Did we steal the marker??
http://media.ksfy.com/images/sdsu%20upsets%20ndsu.JPG

BisonCardinal
11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Thanks, don't know what I was thinking. Fixed it.

IzzyFlexion
11-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Thanks, don't know what I was thinking. Fixed it.

I knew that you knew. I was just being a smart-ass:)

NDSUdonny
11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
I think we still have a chance to finish 7-4, I'm not ready to chalk up anything in the loss column yet

X-Factor
11-11-2008, 08:47 PM
we are not losing to missouri state

bisonhp330
11-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think all the booing was for the players either.

Go Bison, let's win out! Get the Marker back!

Lets see.... Merten's throws a pass- the crowd boos. Merten's throws a pass the crowd boos. Just a coincidence? Oh...did I add the bunch next to me yelling 'you suck Mertens'. So if you don't think they are booing the players then who? Bohl? As far as having Mertens run scripted plays- that's designed to HELP him- and like i said before-whether its the fact he hasn't played much in 3 yrs or he just doesn't have 'it'- he isn't our future.

X-Factor
11-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Personally I am sick of the excuse that Mertens is rusty because he hasn't played in the game since HS. Matt Cassel for the Patriots had not started a game since HS and he has been "out of the loop" a heck of a lot longer than Mertens. Went to USC and never started. He played behind Heisman winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinert only to be the new bench warmer for the Patriots until Brady went down. The guy isn't a stud QB by design but he did just find passing the rock from day one this season in relief duty.

I think the coaches will get the passing game figured out yet this season. Time is running out, but we will need it in two weeks.

magiccitybisonguy
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
The Indiana State game was my first Bison game for my family and the first for me in 10+ years. First off, I thought NDSU does a great job putting on the game. Looked big time with the video player intros, the video of the team coming out and all that. My boys thought it was great. The game was a real snoozer, but my family still had a great time.

Now then, I was interested to watch Mertens after reading all about your guys' thoughts here. I was thinking you were being too hard on him. But after watching him the ISU game, he's not that good. Our seats were near the goal line on the bison sideline, so we had a good look at the routes. He seemed late on about 50% of his throws. It seemed the receiver would make his break, look back for the ball, sit there for a split second, then the ball would come out.

Not to mention the inaccuracy of plenty (more than I expected) of throws. Mark me down as agreeing with those on this board that have said the game seems to move too fast for Mertens. I was surprised.

As a family of 5 traveling from Minot for the game, we had a great time and a fun weekend in Fargo. We'll make it an annual trip. Let's win the last two, and finish on a high note and look towards next season.

Go Bison!
(My kids didn't believe me that we had to stand up for every kick-off or yell 'first down' all game long---they thought that was cool) :)

Go_Herd
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
As a family of 5 traveling from Minot for the game, we had a great time and a fun weekend in Fargo. We'll make it an annual trip. Let's win the last two, and finish on a high note and look towards next season.
:)

Great Analysis thanks for your input, and thanks for coming for a game.

Don't know about your family or work situation but make sure next year you don't come to a 'snoozer' game. It's even more fun when the place is full and rocking

SDbison
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Bohl can go ahead and back Mertens but he has to be prepared to take some heat should the Bison lose one or both of the next two games. With all the resources NDSU has (great coaches, facilities, recruiting, funding, fans, etc.) why is this team so disappointing? Something is wrong if the lineman are subpar, or there are no decent back ups at kicker / QB, or the gameplan is so vanilla, or the players fail to be motivated or execute.
Even in the relatively new FCS level NDSU should be in the top 20 every year. The struggle this year is mainly due to poor QB play along with lack of execution by others here and there throughout the season. Ultimately the blame lies with coaching. If Bohl holds so dearly to Mertens hoping he shows up and executes for an entire game that is flawed. If Bohl has to limit the playbook due to inability of the team to execute he is setting up for failure. Sacrificing 1 or 2 seasons saving a redshirt for an unknown in Mohler is ridiculous. I can't believe NDSU could potentially finish below SDSU for two seasons in a row because the coaches can't get above average QB's, kickers, receivers and lineman to play in a "FBS like" program in Fargo. I am extremely disappointed with this year and know that it could get worse before the season is over. Wow!

unbison
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
sorry sd i agree with alot of what u had to say this is a fcs atmosphere though... sorry........lets go to a game at dismal TN and then u can see fbs atmosphere