PDA

View Full Version : Coaches poll vs Sports Network, WDAY vs KVLY

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok, this has been bugging me ALL fall.. here goes.

Coaches Poll for FCS is BY FAR the most important correct?? it's used in the GPI

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=11-3-08-gridiron-power-index-gpi-james-m-1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

SOOOO WHY DOES KVLY/KXJB and FORUM always, lead with the sports network poll (WHICH ALWAYS HAS NDSU LOWER) other than the coaches poll like WDAY & KVRR does?? NON-NDSU BIAS for KVLY?? et al?

has anyone else noticed this??

futhermore, why not just SOLELY focus on the GPI index

The Gridiron Power Index (GPI), the index ranking for the NCAA Division I FCS and a top indicator of at-large playoff selection

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^??????????/ hmmmmmmmmmm

p.s 11/3/08 NDSU is 30th.

fargocyclone
11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
The Sports Network Poll is also used in the GPI. It's the column labeled SNW.

unbison
11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
look at that lakes speaking again with out understanding... the whole story

lakesbison
11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Truth is kvly.kxjb.et al.....will always.report whichever poll has ndsu lower,.,..pure.ndsu haters in thier sport dept. (not sports, cuz they are.combined)

sambini
11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
I think they do a fine job. I don't worry to much about polls. Its the one at the end of the year that counts imo...

lcbison
11-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Truth is kvly.kxjb.et al.....will always.report whichever poll has ndsu lower,.,..pure.ndsu haters in thier sport dept. (not sports, cuz they are.combined)

Yes, they must absolutely hate NDSU. That is why they would broadcast Bison football games and the coaches show.

I'm just assuming they figured that NDSU would lose all the games that they broadcast on TV, thus making NDSU look bad.

tcbison
11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, they must absolutely hate NDSU. That is why they would broadcast Bison football games and the coaches show.

I'm just assuming they figured that NDSU would lose all the games that they broadcast on TV, thus making NDSU look bad.

Speaking of the Coach Bohl show. Why is it not on the website yet?

met1990
11-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Damn TV stations. First the players were trying to sabotage the season, now the TV stations? What's next?!

lakesbison
11-05-2008, 07:03 PM
THEY MAKE MONEY ON THE BISON FBALL AND COACH SHOW.

THE day by day sports show with scott peters is another story,

met1990
11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Lakes, I'm glad you're posting more this week than last. It's making the bye week fun.

msvjcpa
11-05-2008, 07:30 PM

Come on... you can't be serious. They would sell their mothers down the river if they got paid for it.

lcbison
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Come on... you can't be serious. They would sell their mothers down the river if they got paid for it.

O, no I'm serious.....Talked to my hookup down at KVLY.....The sports department is completely against NDSU......my o my.....says the anchors are rocking the Sioux Crew shirts underneath their suits

lakesbison
11-05-2008, 08:09 PM
exactly...

cvbison1
11-05-2008, 08:48 PM
O, no I'm serious.....Talked to my hookup down at KVLY.....The sports department is completely against NDSU......my o my.....says the anchors are rocking the Sioux Crew shirts underneath their suits

hahahaha, trust me, i saw the shirts

extremerouge
11-05-2008, 11:21 PM
hahahaha, trust me, i saw the shirts
Were you taking off their suits?