PDA

View Full Version : BSA Expansion

duluthbison
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Does anybody know what is planned for the proposed BSA expansion. I tried doing a search, but came up empty.

roadwarrior
11-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Assuming basketball games are moving to the new Fargodome arena, here is what will be done to the BSA:

New basketball practice facility with two courts. New offices, locker rooms, and film rooms for both the mens and womens basketball teams. (these will be in a new addition on the southwest corner of the BSA.)

New weight room on the ground floor. (this will be located in a new addition on the west side of the BSA.

New floor and track on the main floor arena of the BSA. Not sure, but likely the track will have banked corners.

The swimming pool will be removed.

New offices and locker rooms for all other sports other than football, basketball and volleyball.

New visitors locker room and locker room for officials.

All new offices for the athletic administration and sports information.

Classrooms and study areas reserved for student athletes.

Rooms for the athletic trainers and their needs.

Possibily batting cages for softball and baseball.

Remodelling of the exterior of the building on the north and south sides.

Basically everything on the west side underneath the permanent seats will be torn out and changed except for the wrestling practice room on the concourse level.

I saw the plans about a year ago, and I think most of what I saw is still in the plans today. I'm not aware of anywhere these plans are on the internet.

aces1180
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Assuming basketball games are moving to the new Fargodome arena, here is what will be done to the BSA:

New basketball practice facility with two courts. New offices, locker rooms, and film rooms for both the mens and womens basketball teams. (these will be in a new addition on the southwest corner of the BSA.)

New weight room on the ground floor. (this will be located in a new addition on the west side of the BSA.

New floor and track on the main floor arena of the BSA. Not sure, but likely the track will have banked corners.

The swimming pool will be removed.

New offices and locker rooms for all other sports other than football, basketball and volleyball.

New visitors locker room and locker room for officials.

All new offices for the athletic administration and sports information.

Classrooms and study areas reserved for student athletes.

Rooms for the athletic trainers and their needs.

Possibily batting cages for softball and baseball.

Remodelling of the exterior of the building on the north and south sides.

Basically everything on the west side underneath the permanent seats will be torn out and changed except for the wrestling practice room on the concourse level.

I saw the plans about a year ago, and I think most of what I saw is still in the plans today. I'm not aware of anywhere these plans are on the internet.

I know everyone in the admin offices will not miss the sounds of weights dropping, that's for sure.

I swear I thought the ceiling was going to come down a few times when I worked in Sports Information as a GA.

99Bison
11-05-2008, 02:45 AM
prelim elevation sample

99Bison
11-05-2008, 02:46 AM
prelim floorplan

1bizon1
11-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks for all the info. Now, when?

roadwarrior
11-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks for all the info. Now, when?

When the money is in the bank.

99Bison
11-05-2008, 03:21 AM
How about lets guess by the end of the year it moves forward?

1bizon1
11-05-2008, 03:21 AM
How much is needed to get the first bonds issued?

99Bison
11-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Are they financing with bonds? Last I heard it was at 8M already raised from the momentum campaign... Not sure of the current price tag though. Which will somewhat depend on the fargodome bb arena happening/not.

roadwarrior
11-05-2008, 04:29 AM
Last pricetag I heard was $23 million.

Herd
11-05-2008, 04:41 AM
With the new basketball practice facility in the remodeled BSA and the dome expansion for basketball, will basketball be completely removed from the current BSA location after the dome is ready? What will the mean BSA arena be used for after BB is gone?

99Bison
11-05-2008, 04:54 AM
With the new basketball practice facility in the remodeled BSA and the dome expansion for basketball, will basketball be completely removed from the current BSA location after the dome is ready? What will the mean BSA arena be used for after BB is gone?

That's the general idea... Everything other than VB, Soccer(?) and FB will be in there still.

fargocyclone
11-05-2008, 05:25 AM
That enrtyway looks really nice. A much better entrance into a Division I facility!

99Bison
11-05-2008, 05:35 AM
BTW, those pics are about a year old. I think there are updated plans... But should generally be the same.

imabison
11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Are they financing with bonds? Last I heard it was at 8M already raised from the momentum campaign... Not sure of the current price tag though. Which will somewhat depend on the fargodome bb arena happening/not.
I don't think anything athletic is funded by bonds. That is all funds raised prior to, or during construction. They use bonds for other NDSU buildings, such as the new apartment complex just announced.

duluthbison
11-06-2008, 03:14 AM
So if I'm not mistaken, all of the proposed renovations are on hold until NDSU can get 15 million together to expand the Fargodome? Because I thought the SBHE told NDSU that they could do the expansions but they both had to happen at once.

roadwarrior
11-06-2008, 03:50 AM
The Fargodome arena is completely separate from the BSA project. The City of Fargo will be the entity building the basketball arena at the dome. The state board told NDSU that they needed to have all the money to do the BSA project before they started, and needed to be only one phase.