PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs and What if's

KTF
11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Let's run with the scenario that NDSU would happen to make the playoffs. How would the team respond? How would the coaching staff respond? Would Jose's redshirt be lifted? Any idea where & who NDSU would play againist?

My vision - The defense would bring the "A" game and give the team every opportunity to win the game. The special teams would be a "B" game. Offense would have to get creative (if that is possible under Bohl right now) to have any success.

I envision a competitive game with the winner making more "big plays" then the opponent.

Assuming that NDSU would be #16, would the opponent (more then likely a top 5) make them look silly and embarass the heck out of the program?

cbline
11-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey, I love the Bison as much as the next guy, but the way they looked for a lot of the time on Saturday, this is no playoff team. If they put up that performance against a top 5 team, they'd get eaten alive.

HerdBot
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Let's run with the scenario that NDSU would happen to make the playoffs. How would the team respond? How would the coaching staff respond? Would Jose's redshirt be lifted? Any idea where & who NDSU would play againist?

My vision - The defense would bring the "A" game and give the team every opportunity to win the game. The special teams would be a "B" game. Offense would have to get creative (if that is possible under Bohl right now) to have any success.

I envision a competitive game with the winner making more "big plays" then the opponent.

Assuming that NDSU would be #16, would the opponent (more then likely a top 5) make them look silly and embarass the heck out of the program?

This team has the ability to win and if they get hot at the right time, I wouldn't want to play them. I'm convinced that outside of Appy and James Madison, we can compete against anyone.

We have a great defense that is starting to get healthy. We can run the ball. Those are the keys to winning.

Thunder_Struck
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Big IF, but IF it where to happen I think it would be NDSU @ Montana

stevdock
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM

If we somehow found our way into the playoffs, this would be the matchup or against Weber St. as the committee likes to keep first round games as regional as possible. Even if Montana or Weber St. wouldn't get a seed, this would probably still happen, because they don't let conference foes play each other until at least the second round.

HoopsBison
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
If we manage to make the playoffs and Jose redshirt is still on there is no way in hell we pull it for the playoffs. I dont see it getting pulled anyhow.

SDbison
11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Kool-aid drinkers.......gulp, gulp, gulp!

Can't believe how many of you really think this Bison team belongs in the top 25, let alone has a chance at the playoffs. Is it just kool-aid you are drinking or is it something you are smoking?
The game against lowly Indiana State proves how pathetic NDSU is this year. As it is, NDSU will likely have the lowest margin of victory against Indiana State this year! The Bison actually made the Sycamores look good. The D isn't that great and the offense is so damn vanilla because Mertens passing sucks and he is NOT a leader. Plenty of other problems but it is obvious Mertens is not helping this team improve.

25% chance NDSU wins the next 2 games
50% chance NDSU wins one and loses one
25% chance NDSU loses both games

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Can't believe how many of you really think this Bison team belongs in the top 25, let alone has a chance at the playoffs. Is it just kool-aid you are drinking or is it something you are smoking?
The game against lowly Indiana State proves how pathetic NDSU is this year. As it is, NDSU will likely have the lowest margin of victory against Indiana State this year! The Bison actually made the Sycamores look good. The D isn't that great and the offense is so damn vanilla because Mertens passing sucks and he is NOT a leader. Plenty of other problems but it is obvious Mertens is not helping this team improve.

I cant believe some actually want this team in the playoffs. PL

cbline
11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Amen, SDbison!!! Mertens had one completion in about his first 8 or 9 attempts, right? The folks in section 32 were less than impressed with that kind of start, and now folks here are talking a playoff run?!?!?!?

HerdBot
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM

I think your giving too much credit to the lower ranked FCS teams. THey as a whole are not good. Here is Phil Hansons rankings. We beat them all by 3 scores, easily.

19. South Carolina State

20. Harvard

21. Liberty

22. Tennessee St

23. Colgate

24. Tennessee Martin

25. Maine

Of course Appy beats us by 3 scores too.

HerdBot
11-03-2008, 05:58 PM

We beat those guys when we a D2 school. They are tough to beat but it can happen.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Gabe
Why do you keep beating the playoff drum??? Why do you think the Bison deserve to be in the playoffs considering the performance of this years team?
PL

HerdBot
11-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Gabe
Why do you keep beating the playoff drum??? Why do you think the Bison deserve to be in the playoffs considering the performance of this years team?
PL

It's not how you start. It's how you finish. 4 straight conference wins is respectable. We beat SIU which is quality. We can win.

I look at the lower ranked teams and we would spank all of them.

tcbison
11-03-2008, 06:11 PM
We won't beat anyone with a one dimenensional team on offense! Bohl himself has said many times they you need both running and passing to keep defenses off balance. It is not hard to figure out how to beat this years Bison team. Just stop the run and you have a great chance of winning.

You could argue that the SIU win was more of a fluke. That is what it looks like to me anyways.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 06:12 PM
It's not how you start. It's how you finish. 4 straight conference wins is respectable. We beat SIU which is quality. We can win.

I look at the lower ranked teams and we would spank all of them.

Just like we spanked Indiana State???? And they havent won a game in what 26 starts. Geez. And we would now spank these other teams????? :smh: PL

HerdBot
11-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Just like we spanked Indiana State???? And they havent won a game in what 26 starts. Geez. And we would now spank these other teams????? :smh: PL

On this planet and even in the eye's of the pollsters, 35-7 is a quality win, especially when you play the entire 2nd team for most of the 4th quarter. Of course it doesn't mean jack if we don't beat Missouri State and and SDSU. If we beat them, I think we're deserving to get one of the last spots. We're sure as heck better than some crappy OVC or Patriot team that gets an auto bid. Hell we would beat them by 40 points.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
On this planet and even in the eye's of the pollsters, 35-7 is a quality win, especially when you play the entire 2nd team for most of the 4th quarter. Of course it doesn't mean jack if we don't beat Missouri State and and SDSU. If we beat them, I think we're deserving to get one of the last spots. We're sure as heck better than some crappy OVC or Patriot team that gets an auto bid. Hell we would beat them by 40 points.

Are you sure you live on this planet???? PL

BraxtonT
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
We're sure as heck better than some crappy OVC or Patriot team that gets an auto bid. Hell we would beat them by 40 points.

We'd have to score at least 40 points to do that!!!

Herd Mentality
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
NDSU plays 5 away games this year. We've lost 3 of them. The way this team is playing I don't think we can beat a mediocre team on the road much less a "decent" team. I'm not convinced we'll walk out of Mo State with a win. I can hear the Jacks salivating...

Time to blow my playoff fund on Summit League Tourney tickets.

HerdBot
11-03-2008, 07:44 PM
We'd have to score at least 40 points to do that!!!

We could not throw a pass the entire game and win. That's how bad the OVC and Patriot teams are.

BraxtonT
11-03-2008, 07:46 PM
We could not throw a pass the entire game and win. That's how bad the OVC and Patriot teams are.

We had over 400 yards rushing against Illinois State. Total points on the scoreboard equaled 25.

(I do agree that we would beat those teams, though.)

HandoEX
11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
As it is, NDSU will likely have the lowest margin of victory against Indiana State this year!

Haha, Southeast Missouri State only beat Indiana State by 3 (24-21):hide:

Bisonguy
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Haha, Southeast Missouri State only beat Indiana State by 3 (24-21):hide:

And SEMo beat Youngstown State, whose only DI win so far this season was NDSU.
:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

MontanaBisonFan
11-04-2008, 06:25 AM
It's not how you start. It's how you finish.

Here is the simple finish you may be looking for.

IF Bison win out & finish at 7-4

and IF
Tenn State beats Jacksonville St.(7-4) and
Tennessee Martin loses last 3 games end up 7-5 and
Rhode Island and New Hampshire beat Maine(7-5) and
Maine and New Hampshire beat Massachusetts(7-5) and
Ga. Southern and Wofford beat Furman(7-5) and
Cal Poly beats UC Davis(7-5) and
W. Carolina, Appy and Liberty beat Elon(6-5) and
Samford beats Georgia Southern(6-5) and
Villanova loses last 3 end up(6-5) and
Southern Illinois loses last 3 end up(6-5) and
William & Mary lose last 3 end up(6-5) and
Western Illinois loses last 2 end up(6-5) and
Northern Arizona loses last 2 end up(6-5) and
Northwestern St & Cent. Arkansas Beat McNeese(6-5) then
the Bison could make the playoffs and play Weber State
Then of course we would need one more miracle, The Bison
find out Steve Walker is eligible for the playoffs.

cbline
11-04-2008, 02:09 PM

and IF

And if the sky opens up and God Himself appears and smites the Bison foes. I would rather that this team stay home and not get steamrolled in the playoffs.

HandoEX
11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
If you don't want your team in the playoffs, you can't call yourself a fan. Period.

IzzyFlexion
11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
If you don't want your team in the playoffs, you can't call yourself a fan. Period.

Thank God that there are enough posters weighing in that feel this way. Realism does not equal optimism OR pessimism.
If you don't want to see this team in the playoffs, why follow along, or post, or whatever. Switch gears to basketball or wrestling. If you're gonna quit..........then quit already!

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
There have been instances where coaches and teams have turned down a bowl game because they didnt feel they deserved or earned it. Of course that was before everyone turned in to bowl whore. PL

HerdBot
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM

and IF

You do realize when that happens I'm going to give you a lot of $h&T! LOL! I'm tellin' ya man I can sense the playoffs.

HerdBot
11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
And SEMo beat Youngstown State, whose only DI win so far this season was NDSU.

Youngstown is a freak show this year. They almost beat UNI and lose to SIU by 35. Had their QB quit after the SDSU game. None of these other teams can claim to have beaten a top 10 ranked team in Southern Illinois.

IzzyFlexion
11-04-2008, 03:30 PM
There have been instances where coaches and teams have turned down a bowl game because they didnt feel they deserved or earned it. Of course that was before everyone turned in to bowl whore. PL

If you can tell me who these coaches are, I'd appreciate it. That way, in case I have a respectful opinion of them now, I'll have time to change that opinion. Because that's not hardcore, old school....that's just stupid and selfish. I can't imagine that players would vote that way. (unless they're of the quitter mentality).

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
If you can tell me who these coaches are, I'd appreciate it. That way, in case I have a respectful opinion of them now, I'll have time to change that opinion. Because that's not hardcore, old school....that's just stupid and selfish. I can't imagine that players would vote that way. (unless they're of the quitter mentality).

It has nothing to do with being a quitter. It has everything to do with honor which obviously is lacking in this day and age. But that change has also come about with the bowl whore mentality. When half the teams go to a bowl game and most have shitty records its almost a form of entitlement. 119 teams 33 bowl games.
Then you have FCS and the playoffs which are going to be expanded.
Which means you are going to have teams that dont desere to be there. Pretty simple.PL

ps And yes teams have voted to not go to a bowl game. But as I said that was in a time before all the bowl whoring. I just wish I could remember who they were.

pss there have also been instances where teams turned down bowl games because they thought they should have been invited to a BETTER bowl game.

HerdBot
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
It has nothing to do with being a quitter. It has everything to do with honor which obviously is lacking in this day and age. But that change has also come about with the bowl whole mentality. When half the teams go to a bowl game and most have shitty records its almost a form of entitlement. 119 teams 33 bowl games.
Which means you are going to have teams that dont desere to be there. Pretty simple.PL

ps And yes teams have voted to not go to a bowl game. But as I said that was in a time before all the bowl whoring. I just wish I could remember who they were.

pss there have also been instances where teams turned down bowl games because they thought they should have been invited to a BETTER bowl game.

A shitty bowl is what it is. A shitty bowl. (no pun intended) Most teams are upset they are playing in a shitty bowl game.

Getting the #16 seed is what it is. A shitty seed.

If we get the #16 spot than we will probably lose. Why? Because we are the #16 team. But we're going to put up a better fight than these non scholarship schools or auto bid jokes schools.

(anyone remember Concordia St Paul making the playoffs over the Bison the year they beat Montana? The Bison beat Concordia St Paul by 40 points. Rankings and playoff choices are not always balanced and I'm confident we are, assuming we win the last 2 games, a low tier playoff team. I for one don't think any of the lower ranked D1-AA teams are that good)

Twentysix
11-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Pass the Kool-aid, because if you dont want your team to go to the playoffs you are a bandwagon dip. + if we can get into the playoffs and maybe even win a game it could help some players NFL chances.

NDSUstudent
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
If we win our next two games I think we would be deserving but the team is going to have to play a lot better in order for that too happen.

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Pass the Kool-aid, because if you dont want your team to go to the playoffs you are a bandwagon dip. + if we can get into the playoffs and maybe even win a game it could help some players NFL chances.

Obviously you have misinterpreted my feelings. Would I be happy if the Bison made th playoffs??? Of course I would.
Do I think they deserve to be in the playoffs considering there level of play this year. No I dont.
PL

Herd Mentality
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Obviously you have misinterpreted my feelings. Would I be happy if the Bison made th playoffs??? Of course I would.
Do I think they deserve to be in the playoffs considering there level of play this year. No I dont.
PL

This is a new type of post for me...let's see if i get it right.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

MontanaBisonFan
11-04-2008, 05:48 PM
You do realize when that happens I'm going to give you a lot of $h&T! LOL! I'm tellin' ya man I can sense the playoffs.

I will buy you a beer at the Weber State Game.

And you will buy me one after we beat Weber. (35-17)

Then we will move up to Scotch for the Grizzly Game in Missoula.

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 05:57 PM
yea.. 56bison73 is bandwagon. we all know that.

always denegrading..... even other posters on here.. oh wait.... he responds and replys to everything, even when its not intended for him....

PLAYOFFS.. IF NDSU is 7-4. with losses to FBS team by last second field goal, lose to #2 UNI and #15 WIU (by 5)...... with 1 very bad loss..by 6..... then WE SHOULD BE IN!!

90BISON
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Perhaps we should win the last two games first, and go from there. We could possibly lose 1 or both of those games. I sure hope that doesn't happen, but the way the offense has played all year????? If we blow the last 2 teams out we may have a valid argument, if we don't, it's pretty weak.:hide: The thing that is frustrating about the team as a whole, as they haven't played a complete game yet or nearly to their potential.:(

bisonmike2
11-04-2008, 06:30 PM
A shitty bowl is what it is. A shitty bowl. (no pun intended) Most teams are upset they are playing in a shitty bowl game.

Getting the #16 seed is what it is. A shitty seed.

If we get the #16 spot than we will probably lose. Why? Because we are the #16 team. But we're going to put up a better fight than these non scholarship schools or auto bid jokes schools.

(anyone remember Concordia St Paul making the playoffs over the Bison the year they beat Montana? The Bison beat Concordia St Paul by 40 points. Rankings and playoff choices are not always balanced and I'm confident we are, assuming we win the last 2 games, a low tier playoff team. I for one don't think any of the lower ranked D1-AA teams are that good)

If, and it's a huge if, we get to the playoffs, I'll take any seed we can get. Anything can happen in the playoffs, ANYTHING. Injuries, fluke plays, whatever. It's hard to win a championship, but it's impossible to win one if you don't make it to the playoffs.

Hippy Stick
11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
And if the sky opens up and God Himself appears and smites the Bison foes. I would rather that this team stay home and not get steamrolled in the playoffs.

an', like, it, like, rains, like, real hard, too.

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM

always denegrading..... even other posters on here.. oh wait.... he responds and replys to everything, even when its not intended for him....

PLAYOFFS.. IF NDSU is 7-4. with losses to FBS team by last second field goal, lose to #2 UNI and #15 WIU (by 5)...... with 1 very bad loss..by 6..... then WE SHOULD BE IN!!

I see the little man child is talking out of his ass again. When will he ever learn????:smh: PL

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2008, 02:35 AM
It has nothing to do with being a quitter. It has everything to do with honor which obviously is lacking in this day and age. But that change has also come about with the bowl whore mentality. When half the teams go to a bowl game and most have shitty records its almost a form of entitlement. 119 teams 33 bowl games.

Disagree....
If a team that is scheduled or invited to play in a game (whether it's a bowl game, a 1AA playoff game, or an Indiana St. vs. Appalachian State game), and the underdog team decides that the "honorable" thing to do do is not to play that game because they're "not worthy", then they are QUITTING, or forfeiting, or whatever you want to call it.

MontanaBisonFan
11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Disagree....
If a team that is scheduled or invited to play in a game (whether it's a bowl game, a 1AA playoff game, or an Indiana St. vs. Appalachian State game), and the underdog team decides that the "honorable" thing to do do is not to play that game because they're "not worthy", then they are QUITTING, or forfeiting, or whatever you want to call it.

Well Said +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

stevdock
11-06-2008, 09:53 PM

I will be shocked if any 7-4 team makes the playoffs this year that doesn't get an auto-bid. My guess is one 8-4 team will make it but chances are that one extra win will get them in over who we have beaten. Remember guys if we finish 7-4, we will have exactly 1 quality win. Yes our 4 losses were by what 26 points, but they were all still losses. I'd love it if we made the playoffs, be one of the first in line for tickets, but it's very unlikely this year.

stevdock
11-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Notre Dame did this I believe in the late 90's. I can't remember what year or game they turned down, but from what I remember they said that a 6-5 team, or whatever they were, didn't deserve a chance to have a post-season game. Also they said that they would lose so much money for taking everyone across country to the bowl game.

IzzyFlexion
11-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Notre Dame did this I believe in the late 90's. I can't remember what year or game they turned down, but from what I remember they said that a 6-5 team, or whatever they were, didn't deserve a chance to have a post-season game. Also they said that they would lose so much money for taking everyone across country to the bowl game.

Two things: Sounded suspicious when I read the first part of your post. But, it certainly made more sense when I got to the end. Honor, my ass. It's all about the Benjamins $$$$$$$$$ THAT, sounds like textbook Notre Dame!

missingnumber7
11-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Yup I drank it...But we gotta win this game. I think the only reason gabe is so hardcore into the playoffs is because its the first time in 5 years we can go.

rabidrabbit
11-07-2008, 02:56 AM
NDSU plays 5 away games this year. We've lost 3 of them. The way this team is playing I don't think we can beat a mediocre team on the road much less a "decent" team. I'm not convinced we'll walk out of Mo State with a win. I can hear the Jacks salivating...

Time to blow my playoff fund on Summit League Tourney tickets.

Yes, and those tix are selling like hotcakes too.

Mo State left Brookings a hurting big time, and now they roll into UNI for what should be a beatdown. If the Bison are the quality team that beat IL St there, you'll do fine at Springfield.

We'll see where the Jacks are at after the SIU game, but right now, Jacks are healthy and showing a very solid team. If we were in this shape vs McNeese St., we probably would have won. Don't know if could have knocked off either Poly or UNI tho.

As Bohl would say it'll be a whale of a game in Fargo for the Dakota Marker.

pantherhawkrolling
11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
I think the fans who post here deserve a bit of reality: there is virtually no chance of a play-off bid for NDSU. I remember once when UNI went 4 consecutive seasons at 7-4 and did not make the field once, and they had some fairly impressive seasons in there. It just pretty much never happens, and the MVC is not getting probably the respect that it deserves.

Know this comes from someone who genuinely likes NDSU football; I can honestly say that you have the only rival program in the MVC that I don't dislike. If you were not rivals, I would be a fan. And I think that you deserve a berth. Also, I am incredibly grateful for NDSU beating SIU. I just don't want you to get your hopes up when a berth is improbable, to put it mildly.

GOB1SON
11-08-2008, 01:08 AM
I think the fans who post here deserve a bit of reality: there is virtually no chance of a play-off bid for NDSU. I remember once when UNI went 4 consecutive seasons at 7-4 and did not make the field once, and they had some fairly impressive seasons in there. It just pretty much never happens, and the MVC is not getting probably the respect that it deserves.

Know this comes from someone who genuinely likes NDSU football; I can honestly say that you have the only rival program in the MVC that I don't dislike. If you were not rivals, I would be a fan. And I think that you deserve a berth. Also, I am incredibly grateful for NDSU beating SIU. I just don't want you to get your hopes up when a berth is improbable, to put it mildly.

I appreciate your input, and I totally agree. The fact is that we don't deserve a bid.

And thanks for the kind words about NDSU. I attended the UNI game and found eveyone there to be very nice. You have a top notch program and I look forward to the rivalry for many years to come!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-08-2008, 01:08 AM

No arguement here. I think we have a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs. Even if we did, I don't think we would deserve it.

CaBisonFan
11-08-2008, 01:11 AM

No problem. It's wishful thinking. We've gotten used to wishing for a lot up here...because there have been times when they've come true.

This is probably not one of them however.

Forgive us for some of our optimism, or lack of reality. Having the 2nd most national championships in ncaa history (at any level) has a way of doing that.

For me, there's still some wonderment over the 5-year transition period...when you have a team that was ready about three years ago...knowing that a lot of programs had no transition period at all. Guess we have our own past leadership to blame for falling asleep at the wheel.

Good luck to UNI. I agree about the rivalry. Maybe we can show the conference a better product next year...something that represents what we really are.

Hippy Stick
11-08-2008, 01:46 AM
No problem. It's wishful thinking. We've gotten used to wishing for a lot up here...because there have been times when they've come true.

This is probably not one of them however.

Forgive us for some of our optimism, or lack of reality. Having the 2nd most national championships in ncaa history (at any level) has a way of doing that.

For me, there's still some wonderment over the 5-year transition period...when you have a team that was ready about three years ago...knowing that a lot of programs had no transition period at all. Guess we have our own past leadership to blame for falling asleep at the wheel.

Good luck to UNI. I agree about the rivalry. Maybe we can show the conference a better product next year...something that represents what we really are.

Like, I totally love when you grovel, CADude! And, like, Division II trophies, like, also have a way of gatherin' dust, dude. It's like, a whole new ball game, bruh.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

d3boys
11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
so you say there is a chance

4mcruenomore
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Like, I totally love when you grovel, CADude! And, like, Division II trophies, like, also have a way of gatherin' dust, dude. It's like, a whole new ball game, bruh.

ATLEAST we have those trophys, whether they collect dust or some forget we have them. We still have them, and no one can take them away.

MontanaBisonFan
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM

After Nov 8 the Bison are absolutely officially mathamatically eliminated for sure.

Steve Walker did make an appearance in the body of Mark Desin for the Montana State Bobcats at Northern Arizona.

X-Factor
11-09-2008, 04:59 PM
After Nov 8 the Bison are absolutely officially mathamatically eliminated for sure.

Mathematically eliminated. How so? 7 DI wins are required to reach playoffs so not reaching that figure is the only way to be eliminated.

I highly doubt Montana State is going to sniff the playoffs this year especially with an @Montana still looming in the distance, and neither will NAU. The Big Sky is a two bid league this year mark it down. So will be the MVFC for that matter.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Steve Walker did make an appearance in the body of Mark Desin for the Montana State Bobcats at Northern Arizona.

Ummm, no the Bison are not eliminated. A team is only eliminated if they can't get to 7 DI wins.

Weber State has 7 DI wins but has clinched an autobid.

Big Sky
UM(9-1) has 8 DI wins

Big South
Liberty(8-2) must go 1-1
CCU(5-5) must go 2-0

CAA
JMU(8-1) has 8 DI wins
UNH(7-2) has 7 DI win
Nova(7-2) has 7 DI wins
Maine(7-3) has 7 DI wins
UR(7-3) has 7 DI wins
W&M(7-2) has 7 DI wins
UMass(6-4) must go 2-0

Great West
Cal Poly(7-1) must go 1-1*

MEAC
SCSU(8-2) has 7 DI wins
FAMU(7-3) has 7 DI wins
B-CU(7-2) has 7 DI wins
MSU(6-4) must go 1-1
Hampton(5-4) must go at least 2-0

MVFC
UNI(8-2) has 7 DI wins
SIU(7-2) must go 1-1
SDSU(6-4) must go 1-1
NDSU(5-4) must go 2-0

NEC
Albany(7-3) has 7 DI wins
SHU(8-2) must go 1-0

OVC
TSU(8-2) has 8 DI wins
Jax St(7-3) has 7 DI wins
UT-Martin(7-3) must go 2-0
EKU(6-3) must go 1-1

Patriot
Colgate(8-2) has 8 DI wins
Lafayette(7-2) has 7 DI wins
Holy Cross(6-3) must go 1-1

Pioneer
Dayton(9-1) has 8 DI wins
USD(7-2) must go 1-1
Jacksonville(7-3) must go 1-1

SoCon
Elon(8-2) has 8 DI wins
App St(8-2) has 8 DI wins
Wofford(7-2) has 7 DI wins
Furman(7-3) must go 1-1

SLC
TSU(6-4) must go 2-0

SWAC
PVAMU(8-1) must go 1-0*

*Denotes games canceled due to hurricanes

missingnumber7
11-10-2008, 02:58 AM
There are a lot of 3 loss teams out there that are ranked that have games left. What we need is a win that everyone will look at and say holy s#$%.

MontanaBisonFan
11-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Mathematically eliminated. How so? 7 DI wins are required to reach playoffs so not reaching that figure is the only way to be eliminated.

I highly doubt Montana State is going to sniff the playoffs this year especially with an @Montana still looming in the distance, and neither will NAU. The Big Sky is a two bid league this year mark it down. So will be the MVFC for that matter.

Montana State was out long ago when they lost to Weber State. If they win out they only have 6 wins.

Here is my reasoning/math

One of the top seven Colonial teams will get an autobid and 4 at large
Even at 7-4 these 4 colonial will all be ranked higher than NDSU.
Since they play each other they all can't lose out.

1 of four top teams in the SoCon will get an autobid
at least 1 or maybe 2 will get an at large.

Even if Cal Poly loses 2 they will be in because of the hurricane cancelation
Cal Poly will be ranked higher than NDSU even if they lose 2 more

In the MVFC 1 of the 3 top teams will get the autobid 1 will get an at large

Montana will get an at large even at 9-3

That is at least 8 or 9 teams in line ahead of the Bison for an at large bid.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Montana State was out long ago when they lost to Weber State. If they win out they only have 6 wins.

Cal Poly is done with a two losses, the only quality win they would have is SDSU and we would have to beat SDSU in order to get 7 wins. They did beat San Diego State but I don't think that would be enough, especially when you consider all the bad teams they have played thus far.

SIU played a non-counter, and if they lose to SDSU they have a 7-3 record vs our 7-4(we also own the head to head win).

The CAA will not get 5 bids, a lot of those teams have to play each other over the next two weeks and I just don't see the committee doing that.

SoCon will likely get three though and Montana is in.

I'd say 6 bids are locked up right now and all 8 could be locked up if Cal Poly and SIU both win. That said, if Cal Poly and SIU both lose things will get very interesting.

MontanaBisonFan
11-10-2008, 03:58 AM
That said, if Cal Poly and SIU both lose things will get very interesting.

I hope you are right.

HerdBot
11-10-2008, 07:44 AM

I can see 4 making it out of the Colonial.New Hampshire, James Madison, Villanova, and Richmond. Since William & Mary have to play Richmond and James Madison, they will drop out of the top 25. Mass picked up loss #4 on Saturday and they will likely lose 1 more game against New Hampshire. (3 at large)

The Southern Confernce should bring 3: Appy, Elon, and Wofford. (2 at large)

Montana makes it. (at large)

That is 6 of the 8 at large spots filled.

If Poly loses to Davis they do not get in. No chance they give them the benefit of the doubt of the hurricance game. 6 D1 wins does not cut it when your not in an auto bid conference.

Southern Illinois - They could still lose 2 games. 1st loss vs SDSU. The game at Illinois State is a big time rivalry game so anything can happen. Suprisingly, Illinois State has won 2 of 3 and it will be "their superbowl" since it's a crappy season. Losing the final 2 knocks them out for sure. If they split

EXTRA AT LARGE SPOT?

The Southland is key.

Central Arkansas can't go to the playoffs. If C. Arkansas wins the conference and McNeese loses 1 more game and drops out of the top 20, could we see no team make it out of the conference? Would that open up another at large bid??

The teams we would be competing against for an Auto Bid come from weak Ohio Valley Conf teams. Liberty is another team we need to compete with but they have to play Elon which should drop them out of the mix.

roadwarrior
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
EXTRA AT LARGE SPOT?

The Southland is key.

Central Arkansas can't go to the playoffs. If C. Arkansas wins the conference and McNeese loses 1 more game and drops out of the top 20, could we see no team make it out of the conference? Would that open up another at large bid??

If Central Arkansas wins the conference, I'm pretty sure whoever is in 2nd place would take the auto bid.

stevdock
11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
If Central Arkansas wins the conference, I'm pretty sure whoever is in 2nd place would take the auto bid.

That's what I have heard also that they would take the 2nd place team.

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
11-10-2008, 03:17 PM
This is a very little entertaining thread and all, but its time for you guys to man up and accept the fact you are not going to make the playoffs this year! You left your last chance at the UNI-Dome in beautiful Cedar Falls, IA, last month! Also, 4 loss teams are a rarity as are multiple teams from our old/new conference; especially unranked, 4th place teams! 90% of the teams this year will be from East of the Mississippi.

MontanaBisonFan
11-10-2008, 03:48 PM
EXTRA AT LARGE SPOT?

The Southland is key.

I assumed that the second place team would get the autobid?
Which likely will be Northwestern State.
Does anyone know for sure on the rule?

bisonmike2
11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
This is a very little entertaining thread and all, but its time for you guys to man up and accept the fact you are not going to make the playoffs this year! You left your last chance at the UNI-Dome in beautiful Cedar Falls, IA, last month! Also, 4 loss teams are a rarity as are multiple teams from our old/new conference; especially unranked, 4th place teams! 90% of the teams this year will be from East of the Mississippi.

You are corre....I just can't type it but you get the point. Actually if we win out we should be top 25.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I assumed that the second place team would get the autobid?
Which likely will be Northwestern State.
Does anyone know for sure on the rule?

I'm sure it is, I doubt UCA or any transitional team would be playing in any conference if they could potentially cost the conference its autobid.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2008, 04:15 PM

Getting multiple teams is a rarity for the Gateway/MVFC? I highly doubt that, and NDSU will probably be ranked this week(the coaches poll already has a us ranked). As for our chances they are probably no greater than 25% but as a fan of my team I won't give up on the playoffs as long as we have a shot.

No_Skill
11-10-2008, 05:51 PM

:rofl: I needed that. :D

MHDBisonfan
11-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Ugh people...I love the Bison, been a green bleeder since my days on campus in the late 80's (glory days) but lets face it...we've piddled this season down our leg. pantherhawk is right, we left our playoff chances behind at the unidome. I'm a fan too, but that doesnt stop me from seeing reality. And the reality is we gave away too many games this year to make the playoffs, its that simple. Yes i realize miracles happen sometimes, as happened on one of the championship seasons to get the playoff spot out of nowhere, but i think that happens once in a blue moon. I'll keep tailgating and cheering like crazy, but season is over november 22.

GradBison
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
We dropped to 25 in the coaches poll.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/FCS/index.htm?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=4000&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

bisonmike2
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
We dropped to 25 in the coached poll.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/FCS/index.htm?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=4000&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

I knew we'd get screwed by scheduling BYE WEEK! If it wasn't for our defense shutting them out, we'd really be screwed.:)

MontanaBisonFan
11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
We dropped to 25 in the coaches poll.

And not even on the other polls

02Bison
11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Its probably already been mentioned/included somewhere in this thread (...i'm too lazy right now to look through it all), but this imfamous rant immediately came to mind when I read the thread title...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

HerdBot
11-11-2008, 02:58 AM
I knew we'd get screwed by scheduling BYE WEEK! If it wasn't for our defense shutting them out, we'd really be screwed.:)

Not much of a setback because we only dropped 1 spot. We don't necessarily have to be at #16 to make it anyway but apparently if your out of sight your out of mind. The reason we dropped had more to do with the fact the other teams were winning. We're still in it.

I think the chances are around 25% right now. If either SIU or Poly lose than the chances go up to 40-50%. If both lose than the chances increase to 75%. Of course that is assuming we win out, which I think we will.

Let's hope SDSU puts a beat down on SIU!

NDSUdonny
11-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Not much of a setback because we only dropped 1 spot. We don't necessarily have to be at #16 to make it anyway but apparently if your out of sight your out of mind. The reason we dropped had more to do with the fact the other teams were winning. We're still in it.

I think the chances are around 25% right now. If either SIU or Poly lose than the chances go up to 40-50%. If both lose than the chances increase to 75%. Of course that is assuming we win out, which I think we will.

Let's hope SDSU puts a beat down on SIU!
I think we might need a little more help than that, we have to climb quite a bit and we only have two weeks left.

TheBisonator
11-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I did a little research on ESPN.com and I came up with a list of every single non-Ivy League team in FCS that has not been eliminated from the playoff picture. In other words, these are teams that still have a chance at reaching 7 DI COUNTER wins in their season.

There are 41 teams in all, and I included the three SWAC teams in the mix, because the 2nd place team in the SWAC West (who does not play in the SWAC Championship) may be in the playoff discusssion (either Grambling or Prairie View), and both already have 7 DI wins. Southern probably will soon be stricken from this list.

I included the remaining Pioneer teams, because there's no rule in that conference that you can't go to the playoffs. Jacksonville and San Diego still technically have a chance at 7 DI wins even if Dayton goes to the Gridiron Classic. The same applies to the NEC teams I listed. But in any case, you probably don't need to worry about the seven Pioneer and NEC teams I listed.

I know there will be some teams listed that make you do a double-take, but just remember, these are teams that only have a shot at 7 DI COUNTER wins. Also remember, this Saturday alone will most likely have quite a few teams taken off this list. Let's all pray that NDSU isn't one of them.

8 of these teams will have autobids, meaning 33 teams are fighting it out for 8 spots:

Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
South Dakota State
North Dakota State
Montana
Weber State
New Hampshire
Maine
Massachusetts
James Madison
Villanova
William & Mary
Richmond
Appalachian State
Elon
Wofford
Furman
Texas State
Tennessee State
Tennessee-Martin
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
South Carolina State
Bethune-Cookman
Morgan State
Hampton
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Grambling State
Prairie View A&M
Southern
Albany
Monmouth
Sacred Heart
Central Connecticut State
Dayton
Jacksonville
San Diego
Cal Poly
Liberty

TheBisonator
11-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm going to do a little scenario of how the teams stand stricking off the teams from the list that have autobids, and also striking teams off the list that basically have no chance.

Autobids: Weber State, James Madison, Northern Iowa, South Carolina State, Tennessee State (For the hell of it - Others in the OVC have a good shot), Colgate (Again, for the hell of it), McNeese State (eliminating all other Southland teams except Texas State), and Appalachian State.

Grambling State will go to the SWAC Championship for the hell of it.

Southern Illinois
South Dakota State
North Dakota State
Montana
New Hampshire
Maine
Massachusetts
Villanova
William & Mary
Richmond
Elon
Wofford
Furman
Texas State
Tennessee-Martin
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
Lafayette
Prairie View A&M
Central Connecticut State
Cal Poly

You have 21 teams then fighting for 8 at-large bids.

TheBisonator
11-12-2008, 12:56 AM
NOTE: In my list of teams, I am not counting teams who cannot get 7 DI wins yet are not eliminated from their Autobid. The Southland is a very tricky situation, but this is for sure: Only one team will get in the playoffs from the Southland, so everyone else is eliminated from at-large by default.

NDSUstudent
11-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Southern and Grambling play each other the first week of the playoffs so both are out.

Two huge games for us this weekend our SDSU/SIU and UCD/Cal Poly, we would be setting in decent shape if both SDSU and UCD won.

MontanaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Two huge games for us this weekend our SDSU/SIU and UCD/Cal Poly, we would be setting in decent shape if both SDSU and UCD won.

Agreed but not real decent.

The following scenario will give us a really decent chance:
Cal Poly needs to lose 2 games & could get in anyway
Montana will get an autobid 100%
Richmond needs to beat William & Mary or W&M will get in
Villanova needs to lose 2
Southern Illinois needs to lose 2
Elon wins out or Liberty gets in
Wofford needs to lose 2 or beat Furman
New Hampshire needs to win 2 and will get an autobid anyway if they lose
Massachusetts needs 1 loss
Tennessee-Martin needs to lose 1
Maine needs to lose 2

Jacksonville State needs to lose to Tenn. St.
Lafayette will be rated below us
Prairie View A&M rated to low
Central Connecticut State rated to low
Eastern Kentucky rated to low
South Dakota State can't get in since this is all predicated on us beating them
and Missouri State.

If all this happens the Bison a really decent chance for one of the last 2 at large spots but the odds are extremely high (way more than 1 in 4).

HerdBot
11-12-2008, 04:15 AM
Hey... it's not THAT big of a stretch...(see my comments in bold below) we won't see both Poly and SIU miss out but one of them could. It's possible we could see SIU, Poly, and NDSU make it if we see the below scenerio happen. It comes down to how much respect will they give the Ohio Valley? Last year they got 2 and both teams went out in a first round blowout. Again! How much respect will they give the NEW Missouri Valley?
----------
YOUR PLAYOFF TEAMS

AUTO BIDS: Weber State, James Madison, Northern Iowa, South Carolina State, Tennessee State, Colgate, McNeese State, and Appalachian State.

AT LARGE BIDS
MONTANA- RICHMOND- VILLANOVA- ELON- NEW HAMPSHIRE-
3 spots left. Choose 3.

5 teams. 3 spots left. Choose 3.
NDSU - SIU - POLY - Tennesee Martin - WOFFORD or Furman (both won't get a shot. Wofford could go 1-1 or 0-2, Appy exposed them after laying 70 points on their D )

To think 2 of these 5 teams slip is not that big of a stretch.

These ranked teams miss
Central Arkansas (transition), Harvard (dont go to the playoffs), UMASS (5 losses), Maine (1 more loss elim), Liberty (loses to Elon), - William & Mary (OUT: 0-2 will lose to James Madison and Richmond!)
---------------------------------------

Cal Poly needs to lose 2 games & could get in anyway
1 LOSS AND OUT

Southern Illinois needs to lose 2 POSSIBLE (SDSU plus @ISU big rivalry game)

Montana - IN

Richmond needs to beat William & Mary or W&M will get in
VERY LIKELY. THESE GUYS ARE REALLY GOOD!

Villanova needs to lose 2 NEVER HAPPEN

Elon wins out or Liberty gets in
ELON WILL LOSE @ APPY and Beat Liberty. Elon gets in. Liberty out.

Wofford needs to lose 2 or beat Furman.
WOFFORD loses to Furman and Sanford. Appy exposed them since laying 70 on their D. Furman will lose to Georgia Southern anway to pick up their 4th loss.

New Hampshire needs to win 2 and will get an autobid anyway if they lose. They kill 2 birds with 1 stone. THey beat Maine and Mass and knock both out of the hunt.

Massachusetts needs 1 loss. FINISHED! Lose to New Hamphire.

Tennessee-Martin needs to lose 1 - POSSIBLE. They play Eastern Kentucky.

Maine needs to lose 2 WILL LOSE TO NEW HAMPSHIRE. 1 LOSS AND THEY ARE DONE!

Jacksonville State needs to lose to Tenn. St. VERY LIKELY
Lafayette will be rated below us YEP
Prairie View A&M rated to low YEP
Central Connecticut State rated to low LOL
Eastern Kentucky rated to low LOL
South Dakota State can't get in since this is all predicated on us beating them
and Missouri State.

If all this happens the Bison a really decent chance for one of the last 2 at large spots but the odds are extremely high (way more than 1 in 4).

FCS Coaches Poll
(As of 11/10/2008)
Rank School W-L Points Prev
1 James Madison (27) 8-1 698 1
2 Appalachian State 8-2 669 2
3 Cal Poly 7-1 629 3
4 Northern Iowa (1) 8-2 617 4
5 Montana 9-1 588 5
6 Richmond 7-3 560 6
7 Villanova 7-2 519 8
8 Weber State 9-2 485 10
10 Elon 8-2 442 11
12 UNH 7-2 375 7
14 McNeese State 6-3 311 15
17 South Carolina State 8-2 241 18
18 Tennessee State 8-2 164 22
24 Colgate 8-2 76 NR
25 North Dakota State 5-4 73 23

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Jacksonville State (58), Western Illinois (55), Grambling State (33), Prairie View A&M (28), South Dakota State (18), Lafayette (11), Holy Cross (9), Dayton (9), Bethune-Cookman (5), Florida A&M (4), Montana State (3), Eastern Kentucky (2), Albany (1), Jacksonville (1).
DROPPED OUT: No. 19 Western Illinois, No. 24 Northern Arizona.

miss: william/mary, siu, wofford, central arkansas, harvard, umass, tennesse martin, maine, liberty,

MontanaBisonFan
11-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey... it's not THAT big of a stretch3 spots left.
Choose 3.

5 teams. 3 spots left. Choose 3.
NDSU - SIU - POLY - Tennesee Martin - WOFFORD or Furman (both won't get a shot. Wofford could go 1-1 or 0-2, Appy exposed them after laying 70 points on their D )

To think 2 of these 5 teams slip is not that big of a stretch.

---------------------------------------

Gabe you must be a genius in engineering

We are almost on the exact same page.

We only disagree on two minor items.
I think Cal Poly will get in with 6 FCS wins when they beat UCDavis
I think Maine needs to be added to your list of 5 unless they lose 2.
But I hope you are right.
See you in Ogden.

SDbison
11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Why are you guys wasting so much time on a very unlikely scenario. Just accept it.........NDSU will not be in the football playoffs in 2008. If somehow they take care of their two games and luck out to get in the playoffs then you can be surprised. Give it a break for now!

roadwarrior
11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I think we have a chance for the playoffs - the only thing that has to happen is the sun rising in the west sometime in the next 2 weeks.

TransAmBison
11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I think we have a chance for the playoffs - the only thing that has to happen is the sun rising in the west sometime in the next 2 weeks.
Lakes has connections...he could make that happen.*

*I have that information from very good sources**

**Lakes=very good sources

HerdBot
11-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Why are you guys wasting so much time on a very unlikely scenario. Just accept it.........NDSU will not be in the football playoffs in 2008. If somehow they take care of their two games and luck out to get in the playoffs then you can be surprised. Give it a break for now!

I would rather have the games mean something and look for a goal than to watch meaningless games with no goal. (of course beating SDSU is meaningful even if we lose on Saturday)

I think we have a 40% shot if we win out because most of the scenario's will play out. While a lot has to happen to make the playoffs, they are realistic.

Even if we miss out, we're going to be ranked in the top 20 if this happens and that helps us out for next year.

Keep the faith!

EDIT: I would be suprised if William & Mary beat #1 James Madison and #9 Richmond. It's possibe that UMASS, Maine, and Liberty all lose to ranked teams and fall out of contention. Tennesee Martin plays last years OVC Champ. We have a shot to go 2-0. The biggest stretch is for Wofford to go 0-2.

If that happens, Poly and SIU can still get in along with us. And who knows what will happen there.

11-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I would rather have the games mean something and look for a goal than to watch meaningless games with no goal. (of course beating SDSU is meaningful even if we lose on Saturday)

I think we have a 40% shot if we win out because most of the scenario's will play out. While a lot has to happen to make the playoffs, they are realistic.

Even if we miss out, we're going to be ranked in the top 20 if this happens and that helps us out for next year.

Keep the faith!

EDIT: I would be suprised if William & Mary beat #1 James Madison and #9 Richmond. It's possibe that UMASS, Maine, and Liberty all lose to ranked teams and fall out of contention. Tennesee Martin plays last years OVC Champ. We have a shot to go 2-0. The biggest stretch is for Wofford to go 0-2.

If that happens, Poly and SIU can still get in along with us. And who knows what will happen there.

Dude, they don't even mention you as a possiblity in their probable footenotes in their updated projections:

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/football/fcsbrackets.html

RedRiver
11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Last night on PTS coach Terry Allen of Missouri St. said that he thought that there was still a very good chance that three MVFC teams could be selected for the playoffs. He is a voting member of the coach's committee. In the past the Gateway would have two and sometimes three teams in the playoffs and with the addition of the SU's that number should not be any less. He also said that some of the top teams out east are good but the next tier that probably will get into the playoffs aren't as good as the middle teams of the MFVC.

HerdBot
11-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Dude, they don't even mention you as a possiblity in their probable footenotes in their updated projections:

Of course they don't because we're only ranked #25 right now.

If they have South Dakota State as one of the last 3 out, they must be projecting they will beat us. I think we win a close one at home.

They haven't done the reseach we have to predict who is going to lose. Example.

Both have WIlliam and Mary making the playoffs. THey obviously don't have much foresight because they play #1 James Madison and #7 Richmond. Losing both will knock them out of the top 25.

I think when it's all said and done, they will give the Missouri Valley Confernce more credit for being at tough conference and 3 of us get in.

MontanaBisonFan
11-14-2008, 04:15 AM

I think when it's all said and done, they will give the Missouri Valley Confernce more credit for being at tough conference and 3 of us get in.

Only two will get in.

UNI and hopefully part of the Bison team. (at least 90%)

Everyone has to root for SDSu against SIU.

Go Jacks til next week.

CaBisonFan
11-14-2008, 04:35 AM

Exactly...precisely...no doubt Gabe!

MontanaBisonFan
11-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Montana State that presently has only 4 FCS wins is still publishing that they can get into the playoffs with only 2 games left they can not win. Why?

They have hundreds of fans and coaches that think they can.
They are optimists.

Why is it that only a handful of Bison fans are still hopeful?

Same reason that the liberal press promotes that we are in a depression?

The glass is half full people.

HerdBot
11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Montana State that presently has only 4 FCS wins is still publishing that they can get into the playoffs with only 2 games left they can not win. Why?

They have hundreds of fans and coaches that think they can.
They are optimists.

Why is it that only a handful of Bison fans are still hopeful?

Same reason that the liberal press promotes that we are in a depression?

The glass is half full people.

I think people are confusing a home playoff game with a road playoff game since that was our goal since day 1. A home playoff game. Yeah, I don't so. A road game as the last seed? Absolutely.

We'll no more after Saturday. Teams to root for....

#1 James Madison must beat William and Mary (hopefully decisively)
#2 Appy at Elon (doesn't really matter)
#3 Poly vs UC Davis (root for Davis)
#4 UNI vs Indiana State (root for UNI)
#5 Montana don't matter
#6 Richmond (root to win vs deleware)
#7 VIllanova (don't matter)
#8 Weber State (doesn't really mattter)
#9 Southern Illinois (LOSE TO SDSU BABY!)
#10 Elon - (doesn't really matter we want them to beat Liberty next week)
#11 WOFFORD (LOSE AT SAMFORD!!)
#12 New Hamshire - (MUST BEAT #20 MASS)
#13 Central Arkansas (doesn't really matter)
#14 McNeese (not sure but I think we want them to win_
#15 William & Mary - (MUST LOSE TO APPY)
#16 Furman - (LOSE TO GEORGIA SOUTHERN)
#17 South Carolina State - doesn't matter, autobid
#18 Tennesee State - (BEAT Jacksonville State)
#19 Harvard - no playoffs don't matter but hope lose to Penn
#20 UMASS (MUST LOSE @#12 NEW HAMPSHIRE)
#21 Tennessee Martin (lose @SEMS)
#22 LIberty (lose at unranked Gardner Web hope lose to Elon next week)
#23 Maine - (lose at bottome feeder URI need to lose to New Hamp next wk)
#24 Colgate - doesn't matter autobid
#25 North Dakota State - Duh

Teams we want to lose
Western Illinois
Lafayette

MontanaBisonFan
11-16-2008, 05:19 PM

At large teams
1. Montana
2. New Hampshire
3. Northern Iowa
4. Villanova
5. Richmond
6. Elon or Liberty
7. Wofford
8. ????

Cal Poly needs to lose to Wisconsin and the Committee sticks to 7 wins
Wofford vs Furman could be interesting
Tennessee-Martin needs to lose to Eastern Kentucky
Maine needs to lose to New Hampshire
Jacksonville State needs to get rated way below NDSU
Colgate???
Eastern Kentucky ???

Montana State still thinks they can get an at large bid with 6 FCS wins??

unbison
11-17-2008, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUr5hF0yGc&feature=related

that is what i am thinkin

SDbison
11-17-2008, 05:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUr5hF0yGc&feature=related

that is what i am thinkin
good one unbison.......rep points to you!

lakesbison
11-17-2008, 02:40 PM
These teams are guaranteed to get in the playoffs before NDSU as At-Large bids:

Villanova

Poly

Weber St

Wofford

New Hampshire

Southern Illinois

Now, there are the following teams fighting for TWO spots:

Richmond (8-3) Play Bill and Mary (8-3)

Elon (8-3) At Liberty

Maine (7-3) New Hampshire

When looking at the above games, the winner of Bill and Mary vs. Richmond gets in. So that leaves 2 spots, and if Elon wins or Maine wins they are in.

SO CHEER FOR LIBERTY AND NEW HAMP!!!

ROAD TRIP ANYONE??

HerdBot
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Villanova

Poly

Weber St

Wofford

New Hampshire

Southern Illinois

Elon (8-3) At Liberty

When looking at the above games, the winner of Bill and Mary vs. Richmond gets in. So that leaves 2 spots, and if Elon wins or Maine wins they are in.

ROAD TRIP ANYONE??

We need W&M to lose. THey will end the season on a 2 game losing streak and will not get in. We need them to lose big too. They play a top ranked team too. Can't remember who... richmond?

LIbety needs to beat Elon. Liberty is ranked #22 and it's a home game so they have a shot. Liberty will have a tough time getting in, even if they win because they are in a non auto bid confernce. ONly 3 non auto bid teams ever have made the playoffs. THey are not ranked high enough. We need Elon and Libety to both miss out. Elon sh ould drop a bit after losing yesterday and will end the season on a 2 game losing steak.

Maine has to lose to a really good NH team. Possible.

And just to play it safe, we need FUrman to lose at Wofford. Wofford should win easily.

If that happens, there is a 75% chance we get in.

HandoEX
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Yup, William & Mary plays Richmond.

Go Spiders! Go Flames! Go Wildcats! Go Terriers! Go Bison! haha

UTH
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Because it bothers Jackistanians sooooo much.:p Of all people, YOU should understand that.:smh:

BisonNeil
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Dave Coulson's view of the playoffs makes this exercise even more interesting. Many have penciled in McNeese State as an automatic qualifier but as Lou Corso would say "Not so fast my friend". This from Coulson's article:

The Southland Conference announced on Tuesday that it has been notified that it cannot award the 2008 league football championship to Central Arkansas, the team currently leading the Southland race. To do so would result in the league forfeiting its automatic bid to the NCAA Division I Football Championships.

As a transitional team moving from Division II to FCS, Central Arkansas is ineligible for the playoffs. But Southland officials notified the NCAA months ago that it intended to let UCA compete for the conference title, with the league runner-up advancing with the automatic bid in the event that the Bears won.

As a matter of fact, the Southland had a championship trophy awaiting UCA in its final game of the 2007 season, had the Bears beaten McNeese State for a co-championship. The engraved trophy remained in the trunk of commissioner Tom Burnett's car when McNeese State won, 41-14, to capture the crown outright.

The crux of this case all boils down to one little sentence in the NCAA championship by-laws that reads:

"If a conference champion is ineligible to compete, or cannot compete for any reason, automatic qualification shall be withdrawn for that year and the remaining conference members shall be considered at-large."

The Southland thought it had received a waiver from that requirement when it initially filed its paperwork for the 2008 FCS playoffs, but when the subject came up again a couple of weeks ago, the NCAA decided there was a problem.

The whole article here:

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4190612

bisonmike2
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I think the simpliest thing is to win this week and wait for everything else to happen. We have a 0% chance of getting in with a loss this week so we should just focus on what we can control first.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-17-2008, 05:00 PM
I think the simpliest thing is to win this week and wait for everything else to happen. We have a 0% chance of getting in with a loss this week so we should just focus on what we can control first.

but but but..............fine!!!

Agreed tho def need that win this weekend, as much as i want it for the playoff hopes, I want it for crushing the rabbits......this place better be loud as hell saturday...lets get it rockin!!!!

X-Factor
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM

Villanova

Poly

Weber St

Wofford

New Hampshire

Southern Illinois

Elon (8-3) At Liberty

ROAD TRIP ANYONE??

Weber State is the Big Sky autobid...not Montana.

Liberty is out even if they win over Elon, cheer for them! UNH over Maine

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2008, 07:00 PM
By the way, one more food for thought if the Bison win on Saturday:

How much "sympathy" will NDSU get from the committee due to the dumb transition rules that kept them out the last two years?

roadwarrior
11-17-2008, 07:49 PM

How much "sympathy" will NDSU get from the committee due to the dumb transition rules that kept them out the last two years?

None......

JSUBison
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM

We have 6 wins, so we are eligible for a bowl berth.

:nod:

jack power
11-17-2008, 08:00 PM

The transition wasn't an issue last year. If you remember you were going to get a bowl invite. LMAO ....a bowl invite? You Bison are so silly. You had as much chance for that as you do making the playoffs this year.........nado,as in none.

HandoEX
11-17-2008, 08:01 PM
The transition wasn't an issue last year. If you remember you were going to get a bowl invite. LMAO ....a bowl invite? You Bison are so silly. You had as much chance for that as you do making the playoffs this year.........nado,as in none.

We have a better shot than the Jacks do :nod:

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Let's keep this from decending into smack. I intended it as a serious question. The vast majority of your wins (only 1 FCS can count) must be against FBS schools for a bowl invite.

Again, will NDSU get sympathy due to how archane NCAA rules kept them out for 2 years when they clearly would have gotten in?

GOB1SON
11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Let's keep this from decending into smack. I intended it as a serious question. The vast majority of your wins (only 1 FCS can count) must be against FBS schools for a bowl invite.

Again, will NDSU get sympathy due to how archane NCAA rules kept them out for 2 years when they clearly would have gotten in?

Absolutely not. There is no way that last years record or situation will come into play.

bisonball
11-17-2008, 10:28 PM
I think your giving too much credit to the lower ranked FCS teams. THey as a whole are not good. Here is Phil Hansons rankings. We beat them all by 3 scores, easily.

19. South Carolina State

20. Harvard

21. Liberty

22. Tennessee St

23. Colgate

24. Tennessee Martin

25. Maine

Of course Appy beats us by 3 scores too.

We can hardly beat unranked horrible teams by 3 scores. I think all of us Bison fans need to start being realistic and realize that this is just a disappointing down year.

HerdBot
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
We can hardly beat unranked horrible teams by 3 scores. I think all of us Bison fans need to start being realistic and realize that this is just a disappointing down year.

We realize it's probably not going to happen but it is possible. Nobody can convince me a team out of the OVC is better than us. I'll put up an argument until they vote. It's called being a good fan.

X-Factor
11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
We need W&M to lose. THey will end the season on a 2 game losing streak and will not get in. We need them to lose big too. They play a top ranked team too. Can't remember who... richmond?

LIbety needs to beat Elon. Liberty is ranked #22 and it's a home game so they have a shot. Liberty will have a tough time getting in, even if they win because they are in a non auto bid confernce. ONly 3 non auto bid teams ever have made the playoffs. THey are not ranked high enough. We need Elon and Libety to both miss out. Elon sh ould drop a bit after losing yesterday and will end the season on a 2 game losing steak.

Maine has to lose to a really good NH team. Possible.

And just to play it safe, we need FUrman to lose at Wofford. Wofford should win easily.

If that happens, there is a 75% chance we get in.

That must be some mighty fine crack you've been smoking :p The way I see it, the Bison need a miracle and then some to get enough consideration for an invite.

Weber St - Big Sky Auto
SIU - MVFC Auto
App St - Southern Auto
JMU - CAA Auto
McNeese - Southland Auto - unless they decide to give UCA the trophy then in that case the Southland will not have a playoff representative this year.
SCSU - MEAC Auto
Holy Cross - Patriot Auto - 8-3 or 7-4
Tenn Martin - Ohio Valley Auto - 8-4 or 9-3

8 of the below teams will be playoff bound
Ive placed the teams in order of chances of getting a bid from my perspective. As you can see, NDSU is pretty far down the list. Obviously not all of those CAA teams are going to make it, but a large portion will. (4-5 likely)

Montana - at large bid - 10-2 or 11-1 depending on how the Brawl of the Wild turns out.

Northern Iowa - at large bid - 10-2 or 9-3

Villanova - at large bid - 8-3 or 9-2

Wofford - at large bid - 9-3 or 8-3

UNH - at large bid - 8-3 or 9-2

Cal Poly - at large bid - 8-2 or 9-1 play @ Wisconsin (currently have 7 D1 wins)

Richmond - at large bid - 8-4 or 9-3

Elon - at large bid - 8-4 or 9-3

---------------------------the dreaded cutoff line :ranting: -----------------------------------------

Maine - at large bid - 8-4 or 9-3

NDSU - at large bid - 6-5 or 7-4 (must win to qualify) The only reason I have NDSU above W&M is because of the sheer number of CAA teams that are likely to make the playoffs

W&M - at large bid - 7-4 or 8-3

Furman - at large bid - 8-3 or 7-4 (must win to get to 7 D1 wins)

Even if all three of those cases happend (Maine loss to UNH, Elon loss to Liberty, Furman loss to Wofford) are they really going to take a 7-4 NDSU team ahead of a 8-4 Maine, 8-4 Elon? The only possible way they are going to do that is if they feel a 3rd MVFC team should be represented in the playoffs based on the new expanded league, and the fact that the CAA always hogs a ton of bids (east coast bias) In order for NDSU to make it they would have to bid us OVER a 5th CAA team and OVER a 3rd Southern team/4th CAA team. However, possibly the best case NDSU has of making the playoffs is telling the NCAA we will fill 20k and we will write a big fat monster check to the NCAA for a home game and send Cal Poly this direction. $$$ talks....

BigDeal
11-18-2008, 12:33 AM
...$$$ talks....

Sweet, we're the new Montana

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
That must be some mighty fine crack you've been smoking :p The way I see it, the Bison need a miracle and then some to get enough consideration for an invite.

Weber St - Big Sky Auto
SIU - MVFC Auto
App St - Southern Auto
JMU - CAA Auto
McNeese - Southland Auto - unless they decide to give UCA the trophy then in that case the Southland will not have a playoff representative this year.
SCSU - MEAC Auto
Holy Cross - Patriot Auto - 8-3 or 7-4
Tenn Martin - Ohio Valley Auto - 8-4 or 9-3

8 of the below teams will be playoff bound
Ive placed the teams in order of chances of getting a bid from my perspective. As you can see, NDSU is pretty far down the list. Obviously not all of those CAA teams are going to make it, but a large portion will. (4-5 likely)

Montana - at large bid - 10-2 or 11-1 depending on how the Brawl of the Wild turns out.

Northern Iowa - at large bid - 10-2 or 9-3

Villanova - at large bid - 8-3 or 9-2

Wofford - at large bid - 9-3 or 8-3

UNH - at large bid - 8-3 or 9-2

Cal Poly - at large bid - 8-2 or 9-1 play @ Wisconsin (currently have 7 D1 wins)

Richmond - at large bid - 8-4 or 9-3

---------------------------the dreaded cutoff line :ranting: -----------------------------------------

Maine - at large bid - 8-4 or 9-3

NDSU - at large bid - 6-5 or 7-4 (must win to qualify) The only reason I have NDSU above W&M is because of the sheer number of CAA teams that are likely to make the playoffs

W&M - at large bid - 7-4 or 8-3

Furman - at large bid - 8-3 or 7-4 (must win to get to 7 D1 wins)

Even if all three of those cases happend (Maine loss to UNH, Elon loss to Liberty, Furman loss to Wofford) are they really going to take a 7-4 NDSU team ahead of a 8-4 Maine, 8-4 Elon? The only possible way they are going to do that is if they feel a 3rd MVFC team should be represented in the playoffs based on the new expanded league, and the fact that the CAA always hogs a ton of bids (east coast bias) In order for NDSU to make it they would have to bid us OVER a 5th CAA team and OVER a 3rd Southern team/4th CAA team. However, possibly the best case NDSU has of making the playoffs is telling the NCAA we will fill 20k and we will write a big fat monster check to the NCAA for a home game and send Cal Poly this direction. $$$ talks....

Smoking crack? We only disagree on 1 team.

If Liberty beats Elon, than we get in instead of Elon. They will have ended the season on a 2 game losing streak.

Maine, William & Mary, and Furman will all lose. They play some REALLY TOUGH games!

If all 5 teams win that need to, which is possible, we have a good shot. The toughest game will be Elon at Liberty.

We will be able to clam a victory over the MVC Champion and 3rd place in one of the toughest conferences is a big deal.

I'm not saying we're going to make it but if all the games fall our way, I'll lobby for us to get in... It's a legitimate argument. But all those teams need to lose first. I've seen stranger things happen.

MontanaBisonFan
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM

If Elon loses 2 in a row they may have a problem.
Liberty is not that good so may not get in even if they beat liberty.

Cal Poly only has 6 D1 wins
1. Aug 30 - W at San Diego St, 29-27
Sep 6 - L vs. Montana, 28-30
Sep 13 - Cancelled at McNeese State
2. Sep 20 - W at Northwestern St, 52-18
(Does not Count) Oct 4 - W vs. South Dakota, 49-22
3. Oct 18 - W at South Dakota St, 42-28
4. Oct 25 - W vs. Southern Utah, 69-41
5. Nov 1 - W vs. Idaho State, 49-10
(Does not count) Nov 8 - W vs. NC Central, 49-3
6. Nov 15 - W vs. UC Davis, 51-28

South Dakota and North Carolina Central are in their 1st transition year there they are non counters.

They have to win at Wisconsin to get #7
Nov 22 - at Wisconsin, 3:30 PM ET2:30 PM CT1:30 PM MT12:30 PM PT8:30 PM GMT

Hambone
11-18-2008, 02:13 AM
If Elon loses 2 in a row they may have a problem.
Liberty is not that good so may not get in even if they beat liberty.

Cal Poly only has 6 D1 wins

South Dakota and North Carolina Central are in their 1st transition year there they are non counters.

They have to win at Wisconsin to get #7
Nov 22 - at Wisconsin, 3:30 PM ET2:30 PM CT1:30 PM MT12:30 PM PT8:30 PM GMT
NC Central is in their second year and are counters. So they do have the required 7 wins.

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 02:50 AM
I REALLY can't believe you guys think that you will still get in the playoffs?? I promised myself I would try and be nice on your site since most are nice on Panthernation.com, but...There is NO WAY NDSU get in the playoffs. We, UNI, missed out on the playoffs a few years ago at 7-4. We have a much bigger reputation than you guys have at this point in I-AA. Plus the Valley is down this year and you can't win it. NO WAY.

99Bison
11-18-2008, 02:55 AM

Wow, that ended up as a terribly weak schedule...

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 03:34 AM
I REALLY can't believe you guys think that you will still get in the playoffs?? I promised myself I would try and be nice on your site since most are nice on Panthernation.com, but...There is NO WAY NDSU get in the playoffs. We, UNI, missed out on the playoffs a few years ago at 7-4. We have a much bigger reputation than you guys have at this point in I-AA. Plus the Valley is down this year and you can't win it. NO WAY.

You also lost to a D2 team at home that year.

lakesbison
11-18-2008, 03:45 AM
an awful one at that.. with 1 player that your idiotic coaching staff wouldnt double team, what a freakin idiot.

screw you UNI. your fans sucks and our 2500 were better or equal to your 11,000 fans.

get a clue.

RunDMc34
11-18-2008, 03:50 AM
Poly's schedule might not be the best but they beat the probable Southland champ in NWSt. and pounded them. McNeese win woulda looked good back then but they arent nearly what people thought they would be now. They beat an FBS team. Beat SDSU. Im not sure what more they could do?

NDSUstudent
11-18-2008, 03:53 AM

You do realize a 7-4 Montana State made it instead of your 7-4 team that year and didn't you guys play a 7-4 UNH team last year? I know our odds are like 5% but why don't you just sit back and let our fans keep that 5% glimmer of hope in our eyes. Whats the harm?

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 03:53 AM
You also lost to a D2 team at home that year.

Please cover your eyes when the bubble bursts on Sunday night. I don't want you to hurt them. You can come to our home game in the Dome if you guys want to see what the I-AA playoffs are like.

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Please cover your eyes when the bubble bursts on Sunday night. I don't want you to hurt them. You can come to our home game in the Dome if you guys want to see what the I-AA playoffs are like.

We'd like to be that team playing you guys but I'm sure you'll get OVC Eastern Kentucky or Tennessee State, who could barely beat Austin Peay.

BlueBisonRock
11-18-2008, 03:57 AM

Are you going to be putting a few more butts in the seats than you did during the regular season?

RunDMc34
11-18-2008, 03:58 AM
Are you going to be putting a few more butts in the seats than you did during the regular season?

Im pretty sure they need Fargo to fill the dome for them, thats why he gave us the invite!

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 03:59 AM
You do realize a 7-4 Montana State made it instead of your 7-4 team that year and didn't you guys play a 7-4 UNH team last year? I know our odds are like 5% but why don't you just sit back and let our fans keep that 5% glimmer of hope in our eyes. Whats the harm?

I'm thinking you miss placed the decimal point on that glimmer, it should have been .05%.

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm thinking you miss placed the decimal point on that glimmer, it should have been .05%.

I can even laugh at that. :)

NDSUstudent
11-18-2008, 04:02 AM

So you're telling me there is a chance?

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 04:04 AM

Probably not. It's Thanksgiving weekend here and the first round of the playoffs is like playing you guys. Nobody wants to come. The only way we will fill more seats is if we get some more of those NDSU women down here. They took up two seat each!

Gotta Earn It
11-18-2008, 04:04 AM
So you're telling me there is a chance?

You have a better chance with Heidi Klume dawg!

sambini
11-18-2008, 04:14 AM
You have a better chance with Heidi Klume dawg!
Are you the DJ at Flirts?

11-19-2008, 01:13 PM
an awful one at that.. with 1 player that your idiotic coaching staff wouldnt double team, what a freakin idiot.

screw you UNI. your fans sucks and our 2500 were better or equal to your 11,000 fans.

get a clue.

Can you say, "scoreboard," Lakes?? Of course not, you can't even say, "no playoffs thanks to UNI!" We took your manhood that night along with any hope you had for the playoffs. Would have taken your women too, but, well the reason we didn't goes without saying. Better luck next year, Simon!

11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
5%? I believe you forgot the 0 and the decimal point! Try .05%!

CaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
5%? I believe you forgot the 0 and the decimal point! Try .05%!

I didn't realize that UNI never won a DII title...and hasn't done it in the FCS yet either. Went back into the archives and was amazed.

11-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I didn't realize that UNI never won a DII title...and hasn't done it in the FCS yet either. Went back into the archives and was amazed.

WTF is DII? Some north dakota HS conference? Our FCS trophy is right next to yours, big boy!!!

GOB1SON
11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
WTF is DII? Some north dakota HS conference? Our FCS trophy is right next to yours, big boy!!!

Now that is the first thing you have posted that actually makes sense.

IzzyFlexion
11-19-2008, 02:36 PM

Come on Spudnik, your memory can't be that bad!! Didn't UNI host a Division 2 team a couple years ago. I mean, how could you forget being embarrased in your own house by losing to them!!

90BISON
11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Who woulda thunk that the mighty kitty cats would suffer so greatly from little man syndrome, at least "spud" anyway. Anybody who's been stomped by a Division II team in the last 4 years raise their hand....... yea that's what I thought.:nod:

Gully
11-19-2008, 04:28 PM

Given that this is our first year to be eligible for a FCS trophy and you've been there for decades, that makes UNI look pretty bad, don't you think?

NDSUFan_Sav
11-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Good point!!! and good info!!!!

Lets take care of the rabbits this Saturday!!!!

MontanaBisonFan
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM

DII in the 60s and 70s was nearly the same exact teams that are now playing in the FCS.
The Ivy League was not in DII but teams like Grambling, San Diego State, Boise State competed in DII.

NDSU had 2 Titles in the 60s. UNI had none.

Gotta Earn It
11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
DII in the 60s and 70s was nearly the same exact teams that are now playing in the FCS.
The Ivy League was not in DII but teams like Grambling, San Diego State, Boise State competed in DII.

NDSU had 2 Titles in the 60s. UNI had none.

I suppose you still drive a pinto! Let the 60's go man! Most people on here probably weren't even born yet. The 60's talk is boring me.

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I suppose you still drive a pinto! Let the 60's go man! Most people on here probably weren't even born yet. The 60's talk is boring me.

How about the 80's? Do you consider that ancient history. How about:
1983....?
1985....?
1986....?
1988....?

How about the 90's. A little more modern for you?
1990....?

Gotta Earn It
11-20-2008, 01:50 AM
How about the 80's? Do you consider that ancient history. How about:
1983....?
1985....?
1986....?
1988....?

How about the 90's. A little more modern for you?
1990....?

Actually I'm more focused on the DII part. I won a little league trophy in 1976! Kind of what DII is, little league.

THEsocalledfan
11-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Actually I'm more focused on the DII part. I won a little league trophy in 1976! Kind of what DII is, little league.

So, when you lose to a DII game you win a__________ trophey.

I am kind of curious.....please let me know.

Gotta Earn It
11-20-2008, 01:57 AM
So, when you lose to a DII game you win a__________ trophey.

I am kind of curious.....please let me know.

Nope, we just sit around and help eachother learn how to spell the word trophy. T-R-O-P-H-Y.

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 02:03 AM

Must have hurt to lose to a little league team. Hmmmm. I guess that would make you-------------
:D
PL

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Nope, we just sit around and help eachother learn how to spell the word trophy. T-R-O-P-H-Y.

Still in some pain over this one I see........

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090906aab.html

Harboring resentment over Division 2 football won't make that one go away!!

Ferd
11-20-2008, 02:21 AM

I guess it's easy to forget the glories of the past... when you've got none. ;)

Bisonguy
11-20-2008, 02:23 AM

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/dress-up/acc/hats/police-plastic-helmet.jpg

Internets Spelling Policeman says, "There is a space between 'each' and 'other', even in Iowa."

ktb

Gotta Earn It
11-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Still in some pain over this one I see........

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090906aab.html

Harboring resentment over Division 2 football won't make that one go away!!

You guys are really starting to crack me up! I am convinced that you are still in DII land. You seem more proud of that than anything. We have totally forgotten about that loss. We have totaly forgotten about kicking your butt. We are focused on Southern Utah and getting a seed so that we play at least a couple of games at a Dome shaped like a Dome. We're not focused on the fact our defense hasn't given up a TD in three games. We're not focused on the fact Western Illinois scored two field goals on us at their house and laid 27 on you for a win at your house! Was that another game that you guys played like crap???

The reason I keep coming back is to see how many more excuses I can hear about you guys losing, not making the playoffs, etc. If you want to look back at my posts I don't make excuses for our loses. Yep, we lost to a DII team from your state. In my opinion, and I was at both games, they were a better team than you guys brought this year. Get over the past if you want to become a contender.

See you Sunday around 5:30 pm I'll let you know who we play!

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2008, 04:15 AM
You guys are really starting to crack me up! I am convinced that you are still in DII land. You seem more proud of that than anything. We have totally forgotten about that loss. We have totaly forgotten about kicking your butt. We are focused on Southern Utah and getting a seed so that we play at least a couple of games at a Dome shaped like a Dome. We're not focused on the fact our defense hasn't given up a TD in three games. We're not focused on the fact Western Illinois scored two field goals on us at their house and laid 27 on you for a win at your house! Was that another game that you guys played like crap???

The reason I keep coming back is to see how many more excuses I can hear about you guys losing, not making the playoffs, etc. If you want to look back at my posts I don't make excuses for our loses. Yep, we lost to a DII team from your state. In my opinion, and I was at both games, they were a better team than you guys brought this year. Get over the past if you want to become a contender.

Just like a fairy tale you are proving all it takes is a little prick:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/sleeping_beauty_4.jpg

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM

Your dome is cool, I'll give you that. I mean, having the ability to install a skylight whenever a strong wind comes up?? Man, THAT is high tech. Choosing brick and steel for the Fargodome was a bad choice after all. :(

http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/unidome/images/general_information/dome8.jpg
December 9, 1994, an accumulation of water from melting snow and ice on the roof caused the material to tear along a seam. Strong winds then ripped a triangular hole in the material, which resulted in deflation. -UNI Dome website

Gotta Earn It
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Do you guys look at Sportsnetwork.com? They administrate the "official" poll for the FCS. By the way, you guys are #29. Yikes! Anyway, Dan Coulson is the Executive Director of the FCS. He is pretty good. A little east coast bias goes on at the site but good non the less. The past couple of weeks he has been doing these articles about who is going to be in the playoffs, what they need to do to get there, who the seeds might be, etc. NDSU is never mentioned, ever. Yes, these articles are based somewhat on his opinion. But he is considered an expert. He also does an article on Thursday's predicting winners. Just to you that he really is an expert, he predicted this: UNI 24 NDSU 13. He missed it by a point. I look forward to his article this afternoon predicting the SDSU win.

See you Sunday around 5:30 pm.

CaBisonFan
11-20-2008, 01:58 PM

UNI played in DII in the NCC and never won a national championship. We were busy doing that sort of thing while you guys stayed at home.

Many of the teams that we used to play in the playoffs and national championship games eventually moved to DI-AA.

You didn't win in DII.

You haven't won in DI-AA or the FCS.

But I'm not calling UNI losers. I'm calling you one...because you sit at your computer, visiting opposing school websites. You say that you have a family. Do your kids ever visit you at your computer...or do they send you emails? And what do you do behind that desk?

You have no respect here. You have no credibility. You are a joke here. You are arrogant. You have nothing to teach us.

You're not here to teach us a lesson. You're here to stroke your own...ah...p...ah...ego. Because that's all that you have.

Tell you what. I'm going to fly up for the UNI game next fall. I'll go into the UNI crowd and ask them who the biggest asshole in their group is. They'll point to you. Then I'll tell them what your hobby is. I won't bother talking to you. Why talk to someone like you?

You don't represent UNI fans. They can't all be mentally ill.

BlueBisonRock
11-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Do you guys look at Sportsnetwork.com? They administrate the "official" poll for the FCS. By the way, you guys are #29. Yikes! Anyway, Dan Coulson is the Executive Director of the FCS. He is pretty good. A little east coast bias goes on at the site but good non the less. The past couple of weeks he has been doing these articles about who is going to be in the playoffs, what they need to do to get there, who the seeds might be, etc. NDSU is never mentioned, ever. Yes, these articles are based somewhat on his opinion. But he is considered an expert. He also does an article on Thursday's predicting winners. Just to you that he really is an expert, he predicted this: UNI 24 NDSU 13. He missed it by a point. I look forward to his article this afternoon predicting the SDSU win.

I have had many opportunities to meet individuals from around the world. I have always been surprised at how most folks really want to shake one's hand and have a pleasant conversation where differing views are discussed with civility.

Then there are a select few. Those who feel it is their right and obligation to carry their message to the world; who do not listen or consider a differing point of view; those who hide behind a keyboard spewing negatives and insults.

Its seems almost every school has one of these types. A DaveK, or a MPLSBison. Unfortunately UNI has multiple. Recently both you and the Tater Tot have been on this board with the sole intent of writing sniping insults.

Neither of you have provided any insight to the game or to your team. In fact, you have likely soured any positives that the NDSU - UNI rivalry should bring.

Show that you have the ability to think and effectively argue your points rather than acting like a Jr. High School student who can anonymously add 6 inches to his height and 50 pounds of muscle to his frame. By the way, this is far from the mental image you are projecting with your posts.

Perform a service for your school. Represent them with some class...

MontanaBisonFan
11-20-2008, 04:28 PM
UNI played in DII in the NCC and never won a national championship. We were busy doing that sort of thing while you guys stayed at home.

Many of the teams that we used to play in the playoffs and national championship games eventually moved to DI-AA.

You didn't win in DII.

You haven't won in DI-AA or the FCS.

But I'm not calling UNI losers. I'm calling you one...because you sit at your computer, visiting opposing school websites. You say that you have a family. Do your kids ever visit you at your computer...or do they send you emails? And what do you do behind that desk?

You have no respect here. You have no credibility. You are a joke here. You are arrogant. You have nothing to teach us.

You're not here to teach us a lesson. You're here to stroke your own...ah...p...ah...ego. Because that's all that you have.

Tell you what. I'm going to fly up for the UNI game next fall. I'll go into the UNI crowd and ask them who the biggest asshole in their group is. They'll point to you. Then I'll tell them what your hobby is. I won't bother talking to you. Why talk to someone like you?

You don't represent UNI fans. They can't all be mentally ill.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
11-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I have had many opportunities to meet individuals from around the world. I have always been surprised at how most folks really want to shake one's hand and have a pleasant conversation where differing views are discussed with civility.

Then there are a select few. Those who feel it is their right and obligation to carry their message to the world; who do not listen or consider a differing point of view; those who hide behind a keyboard spewing negatives and insults.

Its seems almost every school has one of these types. A DaveK, or a MPLSBison. Unfortunately UNI has multiple. Recently both you and the Tater Tot have been on this board with the sole intent of writing sniping insults.

Neither of you have provided any insight to the game or to your team. In fact, you have likely soured any positives that the NDSU - UNI rivalry should bring.

Show that you have the ability to think and effectively argue your points rather than acting like a Jr. High School student who can anonymously add 6 inches to his height and 50 pounds of muscle to his frame. By the way, this is far from the mental image you are projecting with your posts.

Perform a service for your school. Represent them with some class...

Well said. Unfortunately the loser wont be able to comprehend it. PL

TbonZach
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Well said. Unfortunately the loser wont be able to comprehend it. PL

He might on Sunday around 5:30 pm.

...even though he'll be back here and post several times, it'll take him at least that long to sort of get what was meant.

11-21-2008, 12:34 AM

Give it up GEI, you can't reason with these potato heads about anything...they are right and thats that. Didn't you see those protruding ridges in their foreheads over their eyes when they were in the Dome? They are there for a reason.........its still 1988 out in Nort Dakotie fer da same reason!!

ndsubison1
11-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Official and most important poll for the FCS is the coaches poll, now go back to your own message board troll...

RunDMc34
11-21-2008, 01:18 AM
I think thats the first time ive heard Coulson be called an expert :) thanks for making me smile GEI

onbison09
11-21-2008, 03:16 AM
1. Click on user cp. 2. Click buddy/ignore list. 3. Type in Gotta Earn it and PantherHawk Says Hey Spud. Life easier. Here's my response to the playoffs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

CaBisonFan
11-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Give it up GEI, you can't reason with these potato heads about anything...they are right and thats that. Didn't you see those protruding ridges in their foreheads over their eyes when they were in the Dome? They are there for a reason.........its still 1988 out in Nort Dakotie fer da same reason!!

You live in a field of dreams...about national championships. You couldn't even get one in DII...while we were getting a bunch.

Ya still don't have one in the FCS. Yir kinda like the Chicago Cubs of DII & the FCS.

It doesn't take four heads to figure that out. But UNI trolls kinda stick out. :cool:

sambini
11-21-2008, 03:39 AM
1. Click on user cp. 2. Click buddy/ignore list. 3. Type in Gotta Earn it and PantherHawk Says Hey Spud. Life easier. Here's my response to the playoffs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
Thanks 09 +++

56BISON73
11-21-2008, 04:19 AM

Or you can click on the offending parties user name. Then click public profile. Then click add to ignore list. PL

EagleBison
11-21-2008, 04:39 AM

NDSU does have 3 Championships from prior to DII. Beat up on Montana a couple times. You must remember, the sixties were good to you too man. :D