PDA

View Full Version : First Exhibition game - Mon Nov 3

roadwarrior
11-02-2008, 07:14 PM
U of Mary is at the BSA monday night for the first game for the Bison women and Coach Dehoff.

Come out to see the new Bison players: Katie Birkel, Nicole Vigil and Skye Smith

BlueKeyAlum
11-02-2008, 07:59 PM
U of Mary is at the BSA monday night for the first game for the Bison women and Coach Dehoff.

Come out to see the new Bison players: Katie Birkel, Nicole Vigil and Skye Smith

And...for that matter, Ashley Samuelson.

roadwarrior
11-02-2008, 08:02 PM
And...for that matter, Ashley Samuelson.

Sorry I forgot Ashley!!!

BlueKeyAlum
11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
It would be nice to see Ashley get some PT.

I see Plucker has been moved to a Forward. That might mean that she starts instead of Ashley along with 3 other guards and one of the posts (Zaruba or Penley). I think Hodgson starts at the point.

Elephants Dream?
11-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I believe former Bison player Fred Fridley
is the coach.

Fan08
11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
The lineup will be

1-Birkel
2-Hodgson
3-Trecker
4-Plucker
5-Penley

SlickVic
11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
The lineup will be

1-Birkel
2-Hodgson
3-Trecker
4-Plucker
5-Penley

interesting..............

sambini
11-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I believe former Bison player Fred Fridley
is the coach.
Yes he is the pride of Watford City

BlueKeyAlum
11-04-2008, 02:28 AM
Bison win 67-52. They were out rebounded by Mary but had a signifigant advantage in steals and points off TOs.

Just looking at the stats:

Katie Birkel had 11 points, 6 boards, and 3 steals and was 2-5 from beyond the arc. Does she remind anyone of another Katie that started her frosh year for the Herd?

Abby Plucker had 15 points, 5 boards and 4 assists to go with 3 steals.

Inger Hodgson had 14 points and went 3 of 8 from beyond the arc.

Jill Zaruba had 10 points.

Jerri Penley only took 3 shots but hit 2 of them. She had 3 blocks.

Ashley Samuelson had 4 boards.

Did anyone go to the game? The Bison only had 12 TOs which is pretty decent for the first game out, especially for a team with such limited playing experience.

rdh701
11-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Just got home from the game, my one comment is that Katie B. is the real deal. She looked very good, I suspect she'll be a major impact player.

TheDoctor
11-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Is the lack of depth looking like an issue???????????? ;)

roadwarrior
11-04-2008, 02:36 AM
I clearly noticed the low number of turnovers - especially compared to last season! Plucker was probably the biggest surprise for me. Birkel is going to make an impact for sure.

SlickVic
11-04-2008, 02:42 AM
I clearly noticed the low number of turnovers - especially compared to last season! Plucker was probably the biggest surprise for me. Birkel is going to make an impact for sure.

ya plucker was impressive ++++++

GOB1SON
11-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Went to the game. Katie looks very good. Can't wait for her to get some games in.

It seemed like the team, despite the low number of players, actually has good depth. Everybody played a lot and the bench contributed nicely, with quite a bit of hustle.

Need to work on fundamentals yet. When the offense flowed through the post, things opened up a lot.

There seemed to be lots of energy, but I still didn't notice that the defense had much "shut down" in it. Not enough ball pressure (Mary hit some open 3's) and too many easy cuts from Mary into the lane. But to be fair Mary did have a big ol' "horse" in the middle that took up a lot of room and was quite active.

BlueKeyAlum
11-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Went to the game. Katie looks very good. Can't wait for her to get some games in.

It seemed like the team, despite the low number of players, actually has good depth. Everybody played a lot and the bench contributed nicely, with quite a bit of hustle.

Need to work on fundamentals yet. When the offense flowed through the post, things opened up a lot.

There seemed to be lots of energy, but I still didn't notice that the defense had much "shut down" in it. Not enough ball pressure (Mary hit some open 3's) and too many easy cuts from Mary into the lane. But to be fair Mary did have a big ol' "horse" in the middle that took up a lot of room and was quite active.

The number of fouls that the Bison racked up supports your assertion about lack of defensive intensity, GOBISON...too much playing defense with their hands and not their feet. Samuelson and Smith especially seemed to pick up fouls at a decent rate...probably their acclimation to Division One ball.

gobison1
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I was there last night and enjoyed the refreshing new look of the Bison. Watching Coach DeHoff interact with her players and assistants was great. The team was rusty at first but once they get more experience with each other in game situations I think they are going to do well considering their youth. I look forward to the new staff letting their new system set in and go to work. Go Bison!

TheDoctor
11-05-2008, 04:14 AM
I am just hoping to finish in the top 8 so that half of my Summit tourney tikcets are not a waste even before leaving for Sioux Falls! ;)

Elephants Dream?
11-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Birkel looks like the real deal.
Plucker is Most Improved.
Ashley is not in game shape and it showed
in the # of fouls she picked up.
She needs a little time and work.
BTW, Megan was not on the floor and
walked with a limp cuz of the knee.
9 players dressed & available.
Certainly a much different demeanor on
the sideline this year, thank goodness.
Zaruba brought some energy and a spark
in her minutes.

gobison1
11-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Birkel looks like the real deal.
Certainly a much different demeanor on
the sideline this year, thank goodness.

++++++++++++++++++++

Bison10
11-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I think the team has looked great so far. They haven't turned the ball over much and there has been some good surprises on how some of the girls have played.

Penley has looked good so far coming of her foot injury, I think she will lead the Summit League in blocks this year.