PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of Jackson?

CaBisonFan
11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
How did Jackson look at QB? Would we be taking a big chance by giving him a shot in two weeks?

No_Skill
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, he completed 66.66666666666% of his passes.

I don't think he played long enough to really get a feel for his abilities.

I would have liked to see him all of the second half.

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, he completed 66.66666666666% of his passes.

I don't think he played long enough to really get a feel for his abilities.

I would have liked to see him all of the second half.

Yes, it would have been nice to see more of Jackson to really get a feel what he is capable of.

stevdock
11-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah sample size was way to small to get a good feel. It did look like he commanded the huddle. The QB boot play anybody would have completed that pass. The other pass that he did complete was a difficult pitch and catch with the defender right in his face. That group of #2's definitely had more fire than I had seen most of the rest of the season.

99Bison
11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, it really can't be any worse... May as well give em a try?

steelbison
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, it really can't be any worse... May as well give em a try?

Correct!!!!!! It can't get any worse!!! The QB play is as bad as I have ever seen.

Mr. Burgundy
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
START HIM!!!! Seriously, it can't be worse. He ran the huddle and made some nice throws. He can move around. Oh, and the playcalling was the worst I have ever seen.

We have 3rd and 3.5 yards, we run a quarterback sneak. NO JOKE. A QB Sneak and we need more than 10 feet. When was the last time you saw that called. Well, we got one. So what do we do on 4th and 2? Yep, a QB Sneak again. Turnover on downs. Maybe they forgot we have Tyler and Tyler in the backfield? Who knows. I am just tired of the playcalling. Poor effort. Their coach had passion. I guarantee a guy like that will turn it around. Players rally around a guy like that.

I hope TJack is the starter next week. He can't be worse, and this team needs a kick in the pants.

X-Factor
11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah sample size was way to small to get a good feel. It did look like he commanded the huddle. The QB boot play anybody would have completed that pass. The other pass that he did complete was a difficult pitch and catch with the defender right in his face. That group of #2's definitely had more fire than I had seen most of the rest of the season.

100% agree

I saw way more energy out there than the starters. The starters need a leader. Jackson may not be it, but this team needs something....anything....to rally around to finish off the last two games. Kole didn't catch a pass for the 2nd game in a row. really? did I miss something....wow. Is our QB too scarred to throw the ball to a wideout now and must rely strictly on TE and RB swing passes?

Kole is such a great wideout I think he is the one most effected by this.

heckler
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Do pump fakes and play action not work anymore or do we just not coach that?

NDSUstudent
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
100% agree

I saw way more energy out there than the starters. The starters need a leader. Jackson may not be it, but this team needs something....anything....to rally around to finish off the last two games. Kole didn't catch a pass for the 2nd game in a row. really? did I miss something....wow. Is our QB too scarred to throw the ball to a wideout now and must rely strictly on TE and RB swing passes?

Kole is such a great wideout I think he is the one most effected by this.

Ummm, Heck spent the week on the sidelines resting his turf toe.

X-Factor
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Ummm, Heck spent the week on the sidelines resting his turf toe.

thanks. I wondered why I didn't see #9 out there much. Who I thought was heck obviously was someone else.

Bisonguy
11-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Do pump fakes and play action not work anymore or do we just not coach that?

They were dropped in favor of the 'stare down your primary receiver immediately after the ball is snapped' technique.

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
They were dropped in favor of the 'stare down your primary receiver immediately after the ball is snapped' technique.
Thats an interesting technique. I dont think its working for him maybe he should make a switch.

Scooter1
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
They were dropped in favor of the 'stare down your primary receiver immediately after the ball is snapped' technique.Bisonguy, you are behind the times.
The "stare down the primary receiver" technique was upgraded to
"Stare down the primary receiver...wait until tripple covered...then underthrow" technique.

X-Factor
11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Seriously, could Jackson possibly be a less skilled QB? Is it possible to have less leadership skills in the huddle? I hope Bohl is willing to give the guy a chance. The same thing happened with Walker in 2004. You can't tell how a QB is going to do until they get on the field and show their hand.

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Bisonguy, you are behind the times.
"Stare down the primary receiver...wait until tripple covered...Try to force it in" technique.

Fixed it for ya.

BisonFan33
11-03-2008, 12:53 AM
I for one was not impressed and don't think we will be seeing him next year instead Jose will be Mertens back up. Another note I want to make is with how people booed Nick then they put in Jackson and then cheered. As fans that is so disrepectful and and disgusted in the way the fans acted at the game. HE IS OUR QB GET OVER IT AND SUPPORT THE TEAM! I am sick of the way people are acting and treating the team if you are a true bison fan you stand behind them no matter what....guess we saw those true fans this year and picked out the bandwagon fans.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Bisonguy, you are behind the times.
"Stare down the primary receiver...wait until tripple covered...then underthrow" technique.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 01:14 AM
I for one was not impressed and don't think we will be seeing him next year instead Jose will be Mertens back up. Another note I want to make is with how people booed Nick then they put in Jackson and then cheered. As fans that is so disrepectful and and disgusted in the way the fans acted at the game. HE IS OUR QB GET OVER IT AND SUPPORT THE TEAM! I am sick of the way people are acting and treating the team if you are a true bison fan you stand behind them no matter what....guess we saw those true fans this year and picked out the bandwagon fans.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRICKEN MIND? MERTENS STARTING NEXT YEAR? HE'S LUCKY IF HE GETS TO DRESS NEXT YEAR. HE MIGHT MAKE THE SCOUNT TEAM, IF HE'S LUCKY. IF HE IS THE STARTER NEXT YEAR, I WILL PERSONALLY PUT MYSELF IN CHARGE OF DISTRIBUTING THE TORCHES AND PICKFORKS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

BisonFan33
11-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Mertens has a year to show them and I believe he can do it. If not they will put Jose in. Either way I doubt Jackson will be our starter next year my bet is on Mertens or Jose.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Mertens has a year to show them and I believe he can do it. If not they will put Jose in. Either way I doubt Jackson will be our starter next year my bet is on Mertens or Jose.

Do what? Set the school record for the most interceptions? Or maybe the worst pass completion percentage? He is absolutely worthless. Not even DIII caliber. Every team we have played this year has had a better QB, no doubt about it.

Your right though, Jackson will not be our starter next year, but it will certainly not be Merten's.

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:24 AM

thanks for giving Jackson the motivation he needs to prove you and everyone else who think he cant get it done for the team wrong.....

Bison"FANatic"
11-03-2008, 01:24 AM

He may be our QB but he is not good in fact he was terrible yesterday, He wasn't close on many throws and had a few where the receiver made a great catch. I for one was cheering when we got to see Jackson. I will not be a lemming and follow him off a cliff because he is our QB. The problems have been discussed in numerous threads. I have stuck with the Bison as a fan through terrible years and through great years but I will always discuss the good and the bad of the team with my friends be it in person or my friends on Bisonville. If that makes me a bad fan so be it.

As for the Jackson. I sure wish we would have got to see him get some time with the 1st team offense. He had a very nice throw under pressure and stood in and made the play. I didn't get to see enough of him to make a informed decison for myself though. I wish he would have got a few more series.

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Do what? Set the school record for the most interceptions? Or maybe the worst pass completion percentage? He is absolutely worthless. Not even DIII caliber. Every team we have played this year has had a better QB, no doubt about it.

Your right though, Jackson will not be our starter next year, but it will certainly not be Merten's.

why dont you think jackson can not get it done for us??? please tell me why you dont think so???

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 01:31 AM
why dont you think jackson can not get it done for us??? please tell me why you dont think so???

Because the coaches won't give him a look. If they believed in him, they would have yanked Merten's in favor of him. I don't now why they won't give him a fair shake, but that is the way it is. Maybe its plain old fashion favoritism, or maybe they see something they don't like. Either way, I don't think the coaching staff will give Jackson a chance. Moving Moehler up the depth chart in front of Jackson is prove enough of this.

unbison
11-03-2008, 01:35 AM
do yall understand...... when the reciever gets his hands on the ball..... it should be a catch..... if i were mertens i would quit throwing to belquist and worzdropper and his completion % would rise at least 10 points

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 01:38 AM

This year wasnt enough????? How many times does someone have to hit you in the head with a hammer before you have to admit that it hurts??? :D PL

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Because the coaches won't give him a look. If they believed in him, they would have yanked Merten's in favor of him. I don't now why they won't give him a fair shake, but that is the way it is. Maybe its plain old fashion favoritism, or maybe they see something they don't like. Either way, I don't think the coaching staff will give Jackson a chance. Moving Moehler up the depth chart in front of Jackson is prove enough of this.

lol if the walls could only tell us the real story, I mean if you think about it, you are suppose to practice how you play right, maybe since mertens has been here for 4 years, he already knows the in's and outs of how practice is conducted, know what type of players he practice against (which he practice against the scout team) so he could look like a practice all-american, while jackson, having to learn a offense in the middle of summer, and to get used to all the different things he has to go through during fall camp and the season, I feel there is certain things during practice you cant replicate during a game, and vice versa....

sometimes the best way to test drive a car is to acuallly put the car on the road and drive, I honestly think in the back of some people minds, we look at most black quarterbacks as something of the taboo (thanks to micheal vick, travious jackson, vince young, ryan preaillue) but I think with mertens and jose, these guys have the LOOK of a quarterback, but if you think about it, if steve walker would be in a crowed outside of north dakota and minnisota, he LOOKS like an ordinary person, same situation in the pro's with Kurt Warner and Matt Lienart, Warner doesnt have the LOOK of a quarterback, but matt lienart has that LOOK, but on the field who produced better? warner did, and we already know walkers ability.... I feel if we give Jackson a fair look in a game situation, for at least 1 quarter, the coaches could evaluate his ability in a game situation level.....

TransAmBison
11-03-2008, 01:46 AM
You just don't get it. Mertens has had a year. Yeah, he showed us what he can do. And you believe in him. Glad you are a true fan. I hate fans like you. You think your team is the greatest every year. You think every player is awesome and the best at his position.

I did not boo Mertens, but I was asking for Jackson...and I cheered like crazy when he took the field!

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:48 AM

Usually when you invest into something, you give that very thing all the excuses in the world to justify your decision.....

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 01:50 AM
do yall understand...... when the reciever gets his hands on the ball..... it should be a catch..... if i were mertens i would quit throwing to belquist and worzdropper and his completion % would rise at least 10 points

Did you watch the game on Saturday? Apparently he did stop throwing the ball to his receivers. Hence his great completion percentage.

Still blaming the receivers or the linemen? How many underthrown passes do you have to witness until you figure out its the QB? Yesterday, as well as all season long, his receivers bailed him out, time after time. How many "yards after the catch" are given up because of underthrown balls? You can't blame the line this time. Merten's had all kinds of time last night.

When are you and Lakes going to get it through your thick "frickin" skulls that this guy sucks at QB? Just because you guys indorsed him from the beginning, doesn't mean you have to stick with him through thick and thin. CUT YOUR LOSSES!!! STANDING BEHIND HIM ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK MORE AND MORE IDIOTIC AS TIME PROGRESSES!!!!

Think about it.

BisonFan33
11-03-2008, 01:52 AM
You just don't get it. Mertens has had a year. Yeah, he showed us what he can do. And you believe in him. Glad you are a true fan. I hate fans like you. You think your team is the greatest every year. You think every player is awesome and the best at his position.

I did not boo Mertens, but I was asking for Jackson...and I cheered like crazy when he took the field!

So you are the fan that only likes them if they win? I don't think every player is awesome...but I don't believe that one bad season is the end of the world. Whoever the QB I support them they lead the team and with fans booing how would you feel and want to play? It's on the line of being down right disrepectful to a player who puts their effort into the team? Excuse me do you know what these players go through? You may have some idea but to disrepect when they are trying sickens me

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 01:53 AM
lol if the walls could only tell us the real story, I mean if you think about it, you are suppose to practice how you play right, maybe since mertens has been here for 4 years, he already knows the in's and outs of how practice is conducted, know what type of players he practice against (which he practice against the scout team) so he could look like a practice all-american, while jackson, having to learn a offense in the middle of summer, and to get used to all the different things he has to go through during fall camp and the season, I feel there is certain things during practice you cant replicate during a game, and vice versa....

sometimes the best way to test drive a car is to acuallly put the car on the road and drive, I honestly think in the back of some people minds, we look at most black quarterbacks as something of the taboo (thanks to micheal vick, travious jackson, vince young, ryan preaillue) but I think with mertens and jose, these guys have the LOOK of a quarterback, but if you think about it, if steve walker would be in a crowed outside of north dakota and minnisota, he LOOKS like an ordinary person, same situation in the pro's with Kurt Warner and Matt Lienart, Warner doesnt have the LOOK of a quarterback, but matt lienart has that LOOK, but on the field who produced better? warner did, and we already know walkers ability.... I feel if we give Jackson a fair look in a game situation, for at least 1 quarter, the coaches could evaluate his ability in a game situation level.....

No arguement from me. I just don't think they are giving him a "look." Don't know why?

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:56 AM
No arguement from me. I just don't think they are giving him a "look." Don't know why?

well at least we can all agree on that! too bad he was not here during spring ball:(

McBison
11-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Usually when you invest into something, you give that very thing all the excuses in the world to justify your decision.....

You keep forgetting that Merti looks good in practice

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:58 AM

lol only if the practices count during games, he would have the hiesman!!! well at least the payton award!:nod: .......... quick question.. wasnt walker not the best practice player either????

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 02:01 AM
This year wasnt enough????? How many times does someone have to hit you in the head with a hammer before you have to admit that it hurts??? :D PL

Apparently quite a few. I think the problem is some fans on Bisonville have very thick skulls and they don't feel the hammer the first couple dozen hits.

By the way, the geese didn't decoy at all today. Too nice, bright sunny skies with absolutly no wind. Thousands of snows in SC ND right now.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Apparently quite a few. I think the problem is some fans on Bisonville have very thick skulls and they don't feel the hammer the first couple dozen hits.

By the way, the geese didn't decoy at all today. Too nice, bright sunny skies with absolutly no wind. Thousands of snows in SC ND right now.
Just finsihed packing for the trip up noth today. Waiting for my buddy to call and tell me whats happening at SW MN. Looks like a cold front is going to come through middle of next week. PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Just finsihed packing for the trip up noth today. Waiting for my buddy to call and tell me whats happening at SW MN. Looks like a cold front is going to come through middle of next week. PL

Yes, for us it looks like rain turning to snow starting Tues night through Friday morning.

Looks like you should hunt geese this week before you hunt deer on the weekend.

unbison
11-03-2008, 02:14 AM
here is what i am saying ....yall throw mertens under the bus, and he has not played well..... but if wusdropper and butterhandsquist didnt drop a combined 5 balls in laramie ..... oooh yeah little guy where u there to see the drops in laramie.......... we win..... we beat wyoming we come out confident against youngstown and maybe it would have been a different season

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Yes, for us it looks like rain turning to snow starting Tues night through Friday morning.

Looks like you should hunt geese this week before you hunt deer on the weekend.

Wish we could but the wife doesnt get off work until Wed 7am. When she gets home we will head north. 11 hours to the cities then another 4 to Clearbrook if we dont stay in Prior Lake at our friends place.They are predicting snow during the weekend and next week.

In your area is it mostly snows or do you get honkers or a combination???
Last year at SW MN is was mostly honkers.
Down around Stuttgart AR its almost all snows. Honkers are later in Jan and you can only take one. PL

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 02:23 AM

There are also thousands of Masters Champions on the driving range but they just dont have what it takes when you get on the course. PL

BisonFan33
11-03-2008, 02:25 AM
here is what i am saying ....yall throw mertens under the bus, and he has not played well..... but if wusdropper and butterhandsquist didnt drop a combined 5 balls in laramie ..... oooh yeah little guy where u there to see the drops in laramie.......... we win..... we beat wyoming we come out confident against youngstown and maybe it would have been a different season

Apparently everyone else thinks it's only one players fault, instead of a team loss.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 02:28 AM

Yes, if Merten's is good, it would be a different season entirely. We would actually be winning. A great QB wouldn't have his confidence shaken when his receivers drop a few balls. He would play through it. Hell, a good/great QB wouldn't need a confidence boost at all. He would possess this trait at all times. He would be a leader as well as a skilled athlete.

Merten's is neither. He lacks skill as well as leadership. His time is up.

unbison
11-03-2008, 02:31 AM
hey little guy.... you are the weakest link GOOD BYE

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Apparently everyone else thinks it's only one players fault, instead of a team loss.

Yes its a team loss. But when one of those team member is so inept that he single handily can effect and has effected the outcome of a game negatively on a regular basis something need to be done. Hes had 4 years in the system. He just doent make good on the field decisions. As a matter of fact he makes TERRIBLE on the field decisions. Thats a fact. Hes not a gamer. If he was getting paid to do this job in the real world he would have been fired by now. PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Wish we could but the wife doesnt get off work until Wed 7am. When she gets home we will head north. 11 hours to the cities then another 4 to Clearbrook if we dont stay in Prior Lake at our friends place.They are predicting snow during the weekend and next week.

In your area is it mostly snows or do you get honkers or a combination???
Last year at SW MN is was mostly honkers.
Down around Stuttgart AR its almost all snows. Honkers are later in Jan and you can only take one. PL

We produce many "local" honkers. This time of year its a mix of honkers and snows. I only hunt honkers, because, well, they are relatively dumb. Snows don't decoy worth a dam. Once in a while, I will try to sneak or pass shoot snows, but usually it doesn't go to well.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 02:38 AM
We produce many "local" honkers. This time of year its a mix of honkers and snows. I only hunt honkers, because, well, they are relatively dumb. Snows don't decoy worth a dam. Once in a while, I will try to sneak or pass shoot snows, but usually it doesn't go to well.

Down in Stuttgart they will put out 500 or more flags. Those snows arent dumb by the time they get down this far. LOL PL

unbison
11-03-2008, 02:42 AM
56 bison did u play for the bison?
and if so is this the real world......
i think not this some college kids playing a game.... dam it is fun to watch

NDSUFan_Sav
11-03-2008, 02:49 AM

I believe if Walker was playing instead of Mertens, we are either 0 to 2 losses instead of 4....and yes he was a hell of a QB, and I know mertens isn't the same at all, but that there is telling me that is 1 player, there are other factors as well that cause the losses aside mertens, but I feel Walker was that good to overcome all of that.

Could you see Mertens doing what Walker did vs Sam Houston the pump fake then hit kole for a TD? he hasn't pump faked at all and keeps his eyes on 1 guy only.

unbison
11-03-2008, 02:54 AM
hey fan that is what i am saying if beachy was quarterbacking we would be number1 in nation still.......but we have mertens and he has cost us a game or two...... but not youngstown and not wyoming....... youngstown 300 plus yards givin up rushing...... wyoming wussdropper and butterhandsquist ..... lets play

ndsubison1
11-03-2008, 03:05 AM
give T-Jack more reps....

4mcruenomore
11-03-2008, 03:05 AM
He didn't look too bad, what little he played. He's still a back though, IMO.

heckler
11-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Put a running back in the qb position and run the option we can't throw the ball worth crap anyways might as well make it fun.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 03:12 AM
56 bison did u play for the bison?
and if so is this the real world......
i think not this some college kids playing a game.... dam it is fun to watch

You have mail. PL

CaBisonFan
11-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Walker threw a soft pass, to exactly the right spot, at exactly the right time, to the receiver that was the most open, and exactly in stride...without leaving the receiver out to dry.

Has an effect on receivers. Most catches made now are slightly behind, slightly ahead, a little too high, or too low. It's gotten into the heads of the receivers.

Mertens could use a sit-down. I think that he was put on the shelf for too long and was never given a real look, or a real chance to grow into the job. And in fairness to him, and the team, to find out if he actually had the talent to do the job at this level. He has athleticism up the wingwang...but something isn't working in his head.

I feel sorry for him. There 'is' such a thing as sitting a kid down for his own good...with a chance to come back at some point. It's called teaching. Obviously, part of the problem is not having enough options. He must feel like he's on an island.

Not good for him...or the team. It reached critical mass weeks ago. You don't leave a starting pitcher on the mound when he's getting shelled. You get him out to protect him, and to give the team a chance to win. There's another day. Doesn't hurt to know that you're in competition for the job either.

Coaching

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Walker threw a soft pass, to exactly the right spot, at exactly the right time, to the receiver that was the most open, and exactly in stride...without leaving the receiver out to dry.

Has an effect on receivers. Most catches made now are slightly behind, slightly ahead, a little too high, or too low. It's gotten into the heads of the receivers.

Mertens could use a sit-down. I think that he was put on the shelf for too long and was never given a real look, or a real chance to grow into the job. And in fairness to him, and the team, to find out if he actually had the talent to do the job at this level. He has athleticism up the wingwang...but something isn't working in his head.

I feel sorry for him. There 'is' such a thing as sitting a kid down for his own good...with a chance to come back at some point. It's called teaching. Obviously, part of the problem is not having enough options. He must feel like he's on an island.

Not good for him...or the team. It reached critical mass weeks ago. You don't leave a starting pitcher on the mound when he's getting shelled. You get him out to protect him, and to give the team a chance to win. There's another day.

Coaching

What???? Hes had more second chances than any QB Ive ever seen. There are literaly hundred of college QBs who ride the pine waiting for there chance. When it arrives they step up and take advantage of it. Mertens hasnt stepped up. In all fairness tehy HAVE given him every opportunity to be successful. Hes not a gamer. Pretty simple. PL

heckler
11-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Have we ever used a direct snap? I know it is not going to help throwing the ball but it would be fun! Why not have fun? we've got nothing to loose.

KTF
11-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Have we ever used a direct snap? I know it is not going to help throwing the ball but it would be fun! Why not have fun? we've got nothing to loose.

Last time I recall a direct snap was to Lamar Gordon in the 2001 game vs. UND. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of it under Bohl's control. I would be surprised to see as it seems the game plan is to be as conservative and predictable as possible!!

TransAmBison
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
So you are the fan that only likes them if they win? I don't think every player is awesome...but I don't believe that one bad season is the end of the world. Whoever the QB I support them they lead the team and with fans booing how would you feel and want to play? It's on the line of being down right disrepectful to a player who puts their effort into the team? Excuse me do you know what these players go through? You may have some idea but to disrepect when they are trying sickens me
I love the Bison no matter what, but that doesn't mean that I have to accept a subpar qb. Mertens has had all the opportunities and more than he could expect. Unbison has made some points...Belquist and Wurzbacher have dropped some passes. They always have. Wurz has made good catches but drops a fair share as well. Belquist is better suited as a third receiver than a number two. The o-line has been beat up and haven't provided run blocking. Our linebackers have been decimated. As a team we haven't performed. Mertens just seems to be getting worse where others are getting better or at least staying the same.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Last time I recall a direct snap was to Lamar Gordon in the 2001 game vs. UND. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of it under Bohl's control. I would be surprised to see as it seems the game plan is to be as conservative and predictable as possible!!

We did it last year against the Gophers. Can't remember who it went to. Went for a modest gain.

Civil06
11-03-2008, 03:16 PM
We did it last year against the Gophers. Can't remember who it went to. Went for a modest gain.

If I remember that correctly, the snap was to Ryan Parsons, who was a QB.

KTF
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM

My bad, didn't remember that play of the game...

stevdock
11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Yesterday, as well as all season long, his receivers bailed him out, time after time.

I would really like an answer to this other than the 1 catch by Jangula that was a hard ball to catch but he still came up with it and turned it into a positive have any of the receivers actually made a play for Mertens?? I don't remember any this year. Mertens more than anything else could use that one player where he knows if it hits the hands it is going to be an automatic catch. Outside of Heckendorf who else has stepped up and done that for him this year. Yes his passing has been erratic, but there have been a bunch of throws throughout the season that were right on the money or at least very catchable that haven't been brought in.

Until every single person on that offense, both players and coaches, are performing at a very high level, in my opinion, you can not hold Mertens accountable for every single bad play that has happened this year. In fact the last time that we saw a game where everyone was playing on that high level was the Gophers game.

BisonNeil
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I would really like an answer to this other than the 1 catch by Jangula that was a hard ball to catch but he still came up with it and turned it into a positive have any of the receivers actually made a play for Mertens?? I don't remember any this year. Mertens more than anything else could use that one player where he knows if it hits the hands it is going to be an automatic catch. Outside of Heckendorf who else has stepped up and done that for him this year. Yes his passing has been erratic, but there have been a bunch of throws throughout the season that were right on the money or at least very catchable that haven't been brought in.

Until every single person on that offense, both players and coaches, are performing at a very high level, in my opinion, you can not hold Mertens accountable for every single bad play that has happened this year. In fact the last time that we saw a game where everyone was playing on that high level was the Gophers game.

I remember Heck making some terrific catches in one game, can't remember now if it was SIU or WIU, but the point is that Heck is the only one I remember making a play for Mertens.

The one pass that everyone is giving Wurzbacher hell for dropping was one in which there were 3-4 defenders around him. Mertens threw into serious coverage. I am not a huge Wurz fan, he does drop too many balls, but he was covered on that play, IMO.

NDSU1980
11-03-2008, 06:07 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that we should start Jackson for the next two games. It can't be any worse then when Mertens played. Go with Jackson and plan on using Mohler next year. Take a look at using Mertens scholly for bringing in a Juco transfer for next year. I don't even want Mertens and Bibeau back.

stevdock
11-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I remember Heck making some terrific catches in one game, can't remember now if it was SIU or WIU, but the point is that Heck is the only one I remember making a play for Mertens.

The one pass that everyone is giving Wurzbacher hell for dropping was one in which there were 3-4 defenders around him. Mertens threw into serious coverage. I am not a huge Wurz fan, he does drop too many balls, but he was covered on that play, IMO.

You are right that Wurz's catch would have been a very difficult one since he was gonna get lit up as he caught it, but nobody is coming down with those. Just get a couple of those brought in this season and we may have a totally different outlook on things.

Another route that has gone un-noticed was the last deep pass that Mertens threw on Saturday. As Holloway was making his cut he almost completely stopped and it went over his fingers by less than a couple of inches. If Holloway runs that route differently, he catches that and probably scores on it.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
You are right that Wurz's catch would have been a very difficult one since he was gonna get lit up as he caught it, but nobody is coming down with those. Just get a couple of those brought in this season and we may have a totally different outlook on things.

Another route that has gone un-noticed was the last deep pass that Mertens threw on Saturday. As Holloway was making his cut he almost completely stopped and it went over his fingers by less than a couple of inches. If Holloway runs that route differently, he catches that and probably scores on it.

May be thats the way the route is supposed to be run and Mertens over threw it????
PL

stevdock
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
[/B]

May be thats the way the route is supposed to be run and Mertens over threw it????
PL

It could have been. But that's normally a route that Heck runs and while he does slow down to make that cut, the stop looked more pronounced with Hollaway running it.

lakesbison
11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
........... Ill Put It Here...

There Are A Couple Players That Have Flat Out Sabotaged Mertens..

Ive Heard Grumblings.. And Its Bull>............

These Players Need To Catch The Freakin Ball!!

Period.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM

Period.

oh please. Now conspiracy theory. Unbelievable. PL

rutlandbison
11-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Period.

No what really happened was the real Nick Mertens was walking down the street at night and was ubducted by aliens. They replaced him with Spergian Winn (former third string QB for the Vikings and aledged alien) to see if he could relive his dream. Well it hasnt really worked out and the aliens left him here because they didnt want to be associated with him anymore.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 06:59 PM
No what really happened was the real Nick Mertens was walking down the street at night and was ubducted by aliens. They replaced him with Spergian Winn (former third string QB for the Vikings and aledged alien) to see if he could relive his dream. Well it hasnt really worked out and the aliens left him here because they didnt want to be associated with him anymore.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now that was funny!!!!!!!! :D PL

lakesbison
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I would NEVER name names on here. they would kick my @ss.. but its pretty evident if you watch the plays

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I would NEVER name names on here. they would kick my @ss.. but its pretty evident if you watch the plays

Lake
So you are saying that players are purposly dropping balls so the Bison lose???? Thats what you are saying here??? PL

bisonhusker
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Quick recap:

Lakes loves Nick.
56 Bison...not a fan.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Quick recap:

Lakes loves Nick.
56 Bison...not a fan.

Wonder what Bohl would think of Lakes if he knew what he was saying???? Hmmmmm PL

aces1180
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Wonder what Bohl would think of Lakes if he knew what he was saying???? Hmmmmm PL

Bohl couldn't care less what he says. He has better things to do.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Bohl couldn't care less what he says. He has better things to do.

It has more to do with him saying that his playes are throwing the game. I am sure that would not sit well. That innuendo -accusation could have ramifications. PL

Bison bison
11-03-2008, 09:16 PM
billy jean, is not my lover, she's just a girl...

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/images/MichaelJackson.gif

...oh, not that kind of an impression?

:)

lakesbison
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
56bison.... you are nuts... seriously... you jump to conclusions on everything when you know nothing...

plus you always have to chime in on every thread..

I NEVER SAID ANYONE PURPOSELY DID SOMETHING..

Im just saying I've heard the grumblings and its crap... and im sure BOHL is well aware of this.

bisonmike2
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
This thread is quickly going to end up in the hall of shame. Lakes, your seriously suggesting that certain players are deliberately not catching passes just to spite Mertens? What?!? So this player(s) are willing to sacrifice all the time they've spent working hard in the off season, all the hours in practice, all the time spent in meetings just to make Mertens look bad. And that's not even beginning to describe how they would be letting down the rest of the team, fans, coaches etc. I think I have heard it all.

-lakes I just read your above post. You say they are sabotoging Mertens in one post and then saying that they aren't doing it on purpose the next. Those are 2 totally different things. One way it's intentional, the other means they are just playing like crap.

BisonCardinal
11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
I thought Jackson played well enough to warrant more playing time. He actually looked like he wanted to be out there, contrary to our current starting qb. Put him in if Mertens goes three and out twice.

Although a couple of his throws were "shot putted", that may be his style on short passes. Looked like the guy could scramble as well.

It's unfortunate that usually at this time of the year, we are adding pages to our offensive playbook, instead of tearing chapters out. Bummer.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 09:47 PM
56bison.... you are nuts... seriously... you jump to conclusions on everything when you know nothing...

plus you always have to chime in on every thread..

I NEVER SAID ANYONE PURPOSELY DID SOMETHING..

Im just saying I've heard the grumblings and its crap... and im sure BOHL is well aware of this.

Lakes these are YOUR words Not mine-----

Originally Posted by lakesbison http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226667#post226667)

""There Are A Couple Players That Have Flat Out Sabotaged Mertens..""

Now how can you say that you never said it???? PL

lakesbison
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
it SOUNDS like it....... is what I mean when I typed it.

its not like I had people say "so and so sabotaged him"

im saying.. ive HEARD some people just dont give a crap and get DISCOURAGED RATHER QUICKLY..

how's that sound... BETTER MR. P.C ??

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM

im saying.. ive HEARD some people just dont give a crap and get DISCOURAGED RATHER QUICKLY..

Your two statements have 2 different meanings altogether and you know it. It has NOTHING to do with PC. If you cant figure that out then you have real comprehension issues of what is right and wrong..
But the fact is you stepped in it big time and are crawdadding pretty bad to get off the hook.
You just might want to THNK before you post something so rediculously stupid the next time. PL

bizongrad83
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I think most of us take Lakes "inside info" with a grain of salt, but this time he has gone too far.

rutlandbison
11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I think most of us take Lakes "inside info" with a grain of salt, but this time he has gone too far.
Quite right

GodBlessDaBison
11-04-2008, 12:51 AM

damn are you nick mertens personal quarterbacks coach??? gee wiz!!!!

OldBison
11-04-2008, 12:56 AM

Your hero worship of Mertens is completely out of control.

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 01:21 AM
damn are you nick mertens personal quarterbacks coach??? gee wiz!!!!

Now we know why he is so bad. :D
PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 01:28 AM

The touchdown pass to Belquest on Sat. Severly underthrown. Belquest had to reach back to get it. The D-back had a better look at it than Belquest. Against a team with good D-backs that ball is picked.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 01:32 AM

Period.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How come our receivers didn't have any problem catching the ball last year? These are the very same receivers that are now "Sabotaging Mertens?"

Give me a break. What the hell are you on?

stevdock
11-04-2008, 01:35 AM
The touchdown pass to Belquest on Sat. Severly underthrown. Belquest had to reach back to get it. The deback had a better look at it than Belquest. Against a team with good D-backs that ball is picked.

Underthrown?? If he led him anymore it would have been in the first row of seats. Maybe a split second late, but not underthrown. And he did not have to reach back to catch it, he used his body as a shield against the defender. Yes a good D-back would have knocked that down, but Belquist did make a nice play on the ball.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 01:35 AM
It has more to do with him saying that his playes are throwing the game. I am sure that would not sit well. That innuendo -accusation could have ramifications. PL

PL, haven't you heard? They are on the payroll of a large Vegas casino.

Its all starting to make sense now....... :nod:

unbison
11-04-2008, 01:37 AM
just so this is clear..... i have never said sabotage.... i just wanted to point out to some of u that i think that there are a lot of people under performing on that offense..... especially in the passing game..... even coach bohl said that they need catch the ball.... and yes mertens needs to make some better reads and throw the ball better ... now lets play:nod:

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 01:41 AM
just so this is clear..... i have never said sabotage.... i just wanted to point out to some of u that i think that there are a lot of people under performing on that offense..... especially in the passing game..... even coach bohl said that they need catch the ball.... and yes mertens needs to make some better reads and throw the ball better ... now lets play:nod:

Lakes is that you????? LOL PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 01:42 AM

Who are you???

Lakes or unbison????

Hmmmmm......Something seems very suspicious around here lately......

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Underthrown?? If he led him anymore it would have been in the first row of seats. Maybe a split second late, but not underthrown. And he did not have to reach back to catch it, he used his body as a shield against the defender. Yes a good D-back would have knocked that down, but Belquist did make a nice play on the ball.

Not trying to argue with you on this.

I guess I saw the play differently. I would have to see it on tape to make sure.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Lakes is that you????? LOL PL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

VanClubPres
11-04-2008, 01:46 AM
thanks for giving Jackson the motivation he needs to prove you and everyone else who think he cant get it done for the team wrong.....

i am sure that our QB's spend their free evenings crusing this fourm to see what people are thinking of them and to look for tips. Right. I know that they are worried what fat, slow, unathletic armchair QB's think of them. (no one get offended, I was making a joke about myself.) I thought Jackson was ok. Mertens will be the QB for the rest of the season. You heard it in the Bohl press conference. He was unhappy that people were booing Mertens, but starting out 1 and 8, against that D, regardless of receiver problems, that is not good anyway you look at it. Believe me, I am still hungover from a season where it seemed everyball that went into the air would be caught. It is getting to be more amazed when there is a catch, whereas, last year it was amazing when there was drops. We have to ride this out. Mertens is going to be the QB for the rest of the year. I do not like it, but it is the fact. Beginning on November 23, we can sing "It's the Jose Countdown" (Europe--Final Countdown...anyone?) I thought it was funny.

unbison
11-04-2008, 02:06 AM
well sorry to inform all u lunatics..... this is not lakes........ he is a good friend of mine i do however have to separate myself from some of his statements..........sabotage..... is the one i am speaking of...... i am not a salesperson am a construction supt.... hence cannot be on here during the day oooh well 56 bison is as old as McCain so he probably drools as welll

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 02:10 AM
well sorry to inform all u lunatics..... this is not lakes........ he is a good friend of mine i do however have to separate myself from some of his statements..........sabotage..... is the one i am speaking of...... i am not a salesperson am a construction supt.... hence cannot be on here during the day oooh well 56 bison is as old as McCain so he probably drools as welll

That explains a lot. PL

Stubby
11-04-2008, 02:12 AM

Period.

You are one sick Bison Fan and you owe these so called "Saboteurs" an apology. I am so sick of this Bull Crap of singling out players. The team is obviously not in sync but deliberatly sabotaging Mertens is an absolute JOKE. What have you been smoking! This kind of bull is the most destructive crap I have witnessed on this board!!! You've "heard grumblings"...well it is called schizophrenia and there is treatment for that.

BraxtonT
11-04-2008, 02:48 AM
i am sure that our QB's spend their free evenings crusing this fourm to see what people are thinking of them and to look for tips. Right. I know that they are worried what fat, slow, unathletic armchair QB's think of them. (no one get offended, I was making a joke about myself.) I thought Jackson was ok. Mertens will be the QB for the rest of the season. You heard it in the Bohl press conference. He was unhappy that people were booing Mertens, but starting out 1 and 8, against that D, regardless of receiver problems, that is not good anyway you look at it. Believe me, I am still hungover from a season where it seemed everyball that went into the air would be caught. It is getting to be more amazed when there is a catch, whereas, last year it was amazing when there was drops. We have to ride this out. Mertens is going to be the QB for the rest of the year. I do not like it, but it is the fact. Beginning on November 23, we can sing "It's the Jose Countdown" (Europe--Final Countdown...anyone?) I thought it was funny.

It's possible some of the "boos" were for Coach Bohl for keeping Mertens in the game. Yes? No? Discussion?

56BISON73
11-04-2008, 02:50 AM
It's possible some of the "boos" were for Coach Bohl for keeping Mertens in the game. Yes? No? Discussion?

Absolutely. PL

heckler
11-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Absolutely. PL

Without a doubt

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 05:36 AM
stubby...chill out.dude...its a message.board...HOWEVER...I HAVE.A COUPLE.CLOSE FRIENDS ON.HERE AND ON THE TEAM.........i dont bs.....i've been pretty dead on most of.the time...so bitch at me all u want,...players on this team need an adjustment in attitudes...mertens didnt lose the wyoming game,...period!!

Stubby
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
stubby...chill out.dude...its a message.board...HOWEVER...I HAVE.A COUPLE.CLOSE FRIENDS ON.HERE AND ON THE TEAM.........i dont bs.....i've been pretty dead on most of.the time...so bitch at me all u want,...players on this team need an adjustment in attitudes...mertens didnt lose the wyoming game,...period!!

Neither did a couple of missed passes. PERIOD!!!! Your friends must know what a psycho you are and they are feeding your delusion. Well, it should stop here. You should just stop trying to figure out this year, go to the games, support the team.....support EVERYONE on that team!!!

rutlandbison
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
So if they read this afther they told you about it, and since they are on the board they will read it im sure, will they kick your ass like somebody should have long ago.

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
rutland,,,,,if what i say is fact,,,,why would they get all mad??

kick my ass???? hahaha... i know too many people,,,repercussions are never fun for that person...YAWN......

WestDakotaBison
11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Lakes, even if you think most of the information that you give is dead on (which most of it is not), your allegations of sabotage have brought serious credibility questions forward. I know for a fact, anything you post in the near futre in regards to bison football, whether it be fact, speculation, opinion or anything else, should not and will not be taken seriously by anyone.

Lakes, I don't know you, I've never met you and am not one to bash anybody while hiding behind a computer, but you have crossed a fine line with your statements of sabotage in this thread. I'm not going to sit here and question your morality and ethics, but am going to ask that you leave this type of b.s. where it belongs, in the garbage and not scattered across a message board.

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
ha ha... I NEVER NAMED OR ACCUSED THEM OF 'SABOTAGE" it was more of an ASSUMPTION based on things I've heard.

Sorry... I share alot on these boards, you can ask the "Creditable" people on here.

I am not going to divulge everything I hear or know, SORRY TO DISAPPOINT.... and btw. I've been right on more things than I am wrong.

Peace out.. you don't want the truths.. cuz the truth hurts--Randy Moss.

WestDakotaBison
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Period.

So what you're saying is you didn't post the above statements? You didn't say that "A couple Players...Flat Out Sabotaged"

What are you, bipolar? How can you deny writing any of that? What is the thought process going on inside your head? You wrote it, own up.

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
when I type.. I type in absolutes'

I should've used a MAYBE in front of sabotage. but I was pissed off when I heard what I heard. so I posted it.

screw it, I dont care, I'm just the messanger.

rutlandbison
11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
rutland,,,,,if what i say is fact,,,,why would they get all mad??

kick my ass???? hahaha... i know too many people,,,repercussions are never fun for that person...YAWN......
why would they get mad???? because you're telling the world things i bet they wanted kept silent. sounds about right on that last part. Can't handle things on your own. to big of a puss.

bisonmike2
11-04-2008, 04:53 PM
So what you're saying is you didn't post the above statements? You didn't say that "A couple Players...Flat Out Sabotaged"

What are you, bipolar? How can you deny writing any of that? What is the thought process going on inside your head? You wrote it, own up.

This reminds me of Rick James on Eddie Murphy's couch story.

Real Rick James: "See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. [short pause] Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
i am what i e.... oh.. wait, aww

whatever rutland... you're a much bigger man to call another man that. *clap clap*

maybe it was meant to stay silent, but it leaked out and we are all lookin for reason's as to why this team is underachieving.... and i gave one.

Stubby
11-04-2008, 05:56 PM
ha ha... I've been right on more things than I am wrong.

Oh really, Hakeem Bourne-McFarland--the savior of the receiving corp!

You are a joke...the coaches know it, most people on this thread know it. Just how much respect do you get from team makers? Most people dread anything that comes dribbling out of your mouth. You have no credibility.

rutlandbison
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
i am what i e.... oh.. wait, aww

whatever rutland... you're a much bigger man to call another man that. *clap clap*

maybe it was meant to stay silent, but it leaked out and we are all lookin for reason's as to why this team is underachieving.... and i gave one.
You are what you eat, is that what you were going to type? yeah then that would explain why i called you that because thats what you are.

lakesbison
11-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Stubby and Rutland.... 2 of you don't matter much in my life. so i'll stop it right here.

I know more and HEAR MORE on a night out about NDSU than you do in a year.

good luck with whateva ya got..

p.s- back on topic, JACKSON WAS ONLY BROUGHT IN SO WE DIDNT HAVE TO PULL MOHLERS REDSHIRT. PERIOD.

rutlandbison
11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Stubby and Rutland.... 2 of you don't matter much in my life. so i'll stop it right here.

good luck with whateva ya got..

p.s- back on topic, JACKSON WAS ONLY BROUGHT IN SO WE DIDNT HAVE TO PULL MOHLERS REDSHIRT. PERIOD.
haha, congratulations. You should for president, I mean your pretty good at talking bullshit so why not.

Stubby
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM

Pay no attention to those little voices in your head. Get drugs NOW!

tony
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I just want to be sure of one thing here: Lakes, do you even know what sabotage means (i.e. Are you saying receivers drop balls intentionally to keep Mertens from succeeding)?

I believe receivers drop balls and run the wrong routes but simply do not believe they are doing it intentionally. And don't give me the crap about "I'm just repeating what I am hearing" because I'm sick of it.

KilldeerBison
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I liked Jackson's enthusiasm, he didn't seem overwhelmed. I would like to see him run the offense for more than a few series.

NDSU1980
11-05-2008, 12:34 AM
........... is as old as McCain so he probably drools as welll

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that sets me off more then people who cannot abide by the rule here on Bisonville that states clearly: NO POLITICS.

I'd say your credibility with me just took yet another hit. Any lower and you'll be down there with Mertens.

UTH
11-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Pay no attention to those little voices in your head. Get drugs NOW!

If lakes starts typing like that hippy feller, I think MY brain just might melt.:hide:

UTH
11-05-2008, 12:51 AM
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that sets me off more then people who cannot abide by the rule here on Bisonville that states clearly: NO POLITICS.

I'd say your credibility with me just took yet another hit. Any lower and you'll be down there with Mertens.

Amen to that.:nod:

bisonmike2
11-05-2008, 01:37 AM

1 exception. Hoeven/Lakes '08 -"It's Raining Bitches".

unbison
11-05-2008, 01:45 AM
was not intended to be political..... was just used to relate how old i guess the fella is

heckler
11-05-2008, 03:03 AM
really? Is that why you have obama in your avatar?

unbison
11-05-2008, 03:06 AM
really? Is that why you have obama in your avatar?

er.... well no that is to pick on lakes

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-05-2008, 03:16 AM
We can't talk politics anywhere on Bisonville?

Mods?

unbison
11-05-2008, 03:38 AM
well it is the best day for me in 8 years so.... i am going to gloat a little i dont care

UTH
11-05-2008, 03:54 AM
well it is the best day for me in 8 years so.... i am going to gloat a little i dont care

Bisonville is NOT a political forum. It is for NDSU and Bison athletics. Take this crap to the AGS Cesspool. They ought to be happy to see you.

CaBisonFan
11-05-2008, 03:55 AM
We can't talk politics anywhere on Bisonville?

Mods?

I'm with you Herd.

But I'm not going to say one word about objecting to something on a thread. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

UTH
11-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Anyway... I hope that this thread is just a little peek into what we get starting in the first quarter next game...

Predictions regarding how he'd do these last two games???

lakesbison
11-05-2008, 04:22 AM
he'd do about as good as UNBIZON would.

jackson is a band aid, a pawn that was brought in so MOHLER could redshirt.

this thread sucks... end it.

UTH
11-05-2008, 04:33 AM

You call his position on the roster "a pawn". I call it adding needed depth. If / when there are problems with the status quo, it is good to have someone who can step up and produce. I think Mertens has all the talent in the world, but it is apparent that there are some problems. There is still much to play for this season. Save the winning season. Take the marker home. End the season on a positive note. I haven't seen Jackson play and am interested in how he'd do.

Lakes, do you have a more descriptive assessment of Jackson's play than just calling him a pawn / bandage???

*remember: mere namecalling is bad:smh:

CaBisonFan
11-05-2008, 05:32 AM
Jackson was a late pickup...and some insurance...but I liked his demeanor on the field. Looked confident. When he leaned down to take the snap, he looked like he belonged there.

Nick has the 'Chuck Knoblauch Syndrome.'

unbison
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
i am jumping off ...... Lakes..... at least i would be able to see over the lineman.....U might have a problem... obviously i would not be as mobile as u however...... i am not sure if u would be able to see over the lines painted on the field....blah blah ..... shorty

56BISON73
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
i am jumping off ...... Lakes..... at least i would be able to see over the lineman.....U might have a problem... obviously i would not be as mobile as u however...... i am not sure if u would be able to see over the lines painted on the field....blah blah ..... shorty

Not bad not bad at all. LOL PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Hey, wait a minute I thought you two were best buddies?

imported_Bisongold
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
They are the same person.

unbison
11-06-2008, 01:41 AM
I am very Sorry that u believe we are the same person. With a friend like lakes u sometimes become irritated. Which i was and still am. I am aware that this is a non political forum. However after lastnight did not go his way he made some absurd comments that should never be said about another human being:banghead:

imported_Bisongold
11-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Your the one making the ridiculous comments! Four different threads had the same childish name calling on them. What is your agend??

imported_Bisongold
11-06-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm not talking politics here, but Bison football!!

CaBisonFan
11-06-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm not talking politics here, but Bison football!!

No room for politics or drugs here. But don't ask the monitors to help. They might ban you. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

MAKBison
11-06-2008, 03:55 AM

He is receiving free school…he should produce! If he cannot produce pull his scholly for someone who can! This is not HS, he is not a kid! He is old enough to be in the military, for crying out loud….”what these kids go through” get some freaking perspective!!!!!!!

MAKBison
11-06-2008, 03:59 AM

What about the drive killing interceptions….What about the lock on to the receivers, which btw he has been doing since game one. He does not have it!

Again, he gets a free ride, I help pay for some of that free ride, I can boo if I want to….which I do not, but I have the right to do so if I choose.

CaBisonFan
11-06-2008, 04:03 AM
You have the right. :cool:

MAKBison
11-06-2008, 04:16 AM
oh please. Now conspiracy theory. Unbelievable. PL

ha ha... I NEVER NAMED OR ACCUSED THEM OF 'SABOTAGE" it was more of an ASSUMPTION based on things I've heard.

Sorry... I share alot on these boards, you can ask the "Creditable" people on here.

I am not going to divulge everything I hear or know, SORRY TO DISAPPOINT.... and btw. I've been right on more things than I am wrong.

Peace out.. you don't want the truths.. cuz the truth hurts--Randy Moss.

Ok, even if there is an element of truth that NM has fallen out of favor with a few players then NM definitely need to sit….you cannot have a guy that divisive on a team and expect good things.

TransAmBison
11-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I just don't understand Lakes's love affair with Mertens. Can you imagine if Walker had a season like this? Lakes would have called for his head. Matter of fact, Lakes did that while Walker was good. I believe he called for Walker to be benched since he would never see the playoffs anyway. Just don't understand the irrational love of Mertens by Lakes. Gotta give Lakes credit though...he's not a Mertens bandwagon fan...nope, he loves him no matter how bad he plays.

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
funny.. how I had a lenghty convo with Walker just on wednesday, and a former nfl bison player..... and they basically agreed with me.

Soooo... I just don't like what I see and hear and WE really think Merten's failures (or lack of success are MASKING alot of other BS thats wrong with the team, and everyone is throwing him under the bus.)

RANT OVER..

MN_BISON
11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
funny.. how I had a lenghty convo with Walker just on wednesday, and a former nfl bison player..... and they basically agreed with me.

Soooo... I just don't like what I see and hear and WE really think Merten's failures (or lack of success are MASKING alot of other BS thats wrong with the team, and everyone is throwing him under the bus.)

RANT OVER..

OK, I'll bite, what do these other great Bison minds think is wrong with the team? Please don't tell me players are dropping balls or missing blocks on purpose either, this isn't 7th grade girls basketball.

Stubby
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM

RANT OVER..

NEVER bashed Mertens...NEVER threw him under the bus. I totally support him...He is a Bison and has sacrificed for his team. In fact I despise when Bison supporters bash any players suggesting they are purposely missing assignments whether it is an o lineman, a WR or a QB!

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
its not on purpose... its more about INSTEAD of blaming others, or letting others get thrown under bus or losing confidence, maybe catch the ball. or run the right route, or CONTINUE running a route. or MAYBE STEP UP AND BE A MAN AND CATCH THE BALL KNOWING YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE A HIT... OR hold that block a second longer.

Stubby
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
its not on purpose... its more about INSTEAD of blaming others, or letting others get thrown under bus or losing confidence, maybe catch the ball. or run the right route, or CONTINUE running a route. or MAYBE STEP UP AND BE A MAN AND CATCH THE BALL KNOWING YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE A HIT... OR hold that block a second longer.

Well you are stepping back from your sabotage charge as you should but nevertheless you threw it out there to see if it would stick and now you can take the heat of a little scrutiny and displeased Bison fans for YOUR miscue, mistake, brain fart or whatever you want to call your recent RANTS.

I know a lot of the receivers...NEVER EVER heard them blame anyone else and I have seen them all take BRUTAL hits so DON'T talk to anyone on this board about stepping up and being A MAN. My guess is you have never played a second of college ball so you can speculate all you want, and talk to all of the "experts" around but my impression of you is that YOU are a football wanna be that NEVER was!

tony
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Well you are stepping back from your sabotage charge as you should but nevertheless you threw it out there to see if it would stick and now you can take the heat of a little scrutiny and displeased Bison fans for YOUR miscue, mistake, brain fart or whatever you want to call your recent RANTS.

I brought up this before; I don't think Lakes realized what the word "sabotage" meant (i.e. that it is a deliberate act). It would have been nice to see that mistake corrected, oh I don't know, about 40 posts ago. Sure, I don't like seeing Mertens blamed for everything either but the sabotage comment was flat out ridiculous - cripes, is Lakes trying to get in Mertens head and screw with him?

There are several things going on: a plethora of injuries, inconsistent play, and a tougher schedule, to name a few. Besides, I thought the west coast passing game was based heavily on timing routes (thus, just because a throw looks errant doesn't mean that it was).

tjbison
11-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I just don't understand Lakes's love affair with Mertens. Can you imagine if Walker had a season like this? Lakes would have called for his head. Matter of fact, Lakes did that while Walker was good. I believe he called for Walker to be benched since he would never see the playoffs anyway. Just don't understand the irrational love of Mertens by Lakes. Gotta give Lakes credit though...he's not a Mertens bandwagon fan...nope, he loves him no matter how bad he plays.

He doesn't like to see one of his MN boys struggling badly!!

Stubby
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I brought up this before; I don't think Lakes realized what the word "sabotage" meant (i.e. that it is a deliberate act). It would have been nice to see that mistake corrected, oh I don't know, about 40 posts ago. Sure, I don't like seeing Mertens blamed for everything either but the sabotage comment was flat out ridiculous - cripes, is Lakes trying to get in Mertens head and screw with him?

There are several things going on: a plethora of injuries, inconsistent play, and a tougher schedule, to name a few. Besides, I thought the west coast passing game was based heavily on timing routes (thus, just because a throw looks errant doesn't mean that it was).

Yea...he should get a dictionary. I also realize he thinks we are all impressed by ALL of his contacts. Too bad he doesn't realize they laugh at him behind his back...not in a good way either.

What I do know is that each week these guys are going to practice, busting their ass off to try to get it right and what they do not need is smack from fans getting in their head. Hopefully none of them waste their time on this message board but if what Lakes claims is true...that he has all these "friends" on the team, then I am sure he is running at the mouth with them as well.

I haven't heard a whole lot of talk about play calling either. The chain guys at the Western game said the Western coach announced to their players every play we were running before we ran it. I don't think the play calling has been very creative. We have been pretty predictable.

Stubby
11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
He doesn't like to see one of his MN boys struggling badly!!

None of us like to see any of our players struggle...I am not saying they can't or shouldn't take criticism but you can bet they are getting that from the coaches. Lakes has been a BASHER and that just is not right. If he is talking any of this CRAP to ANY of the players then he is guilty of subverting the team.

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
see my "bohl backs mertens thread"

he echoes many things Ive been "BASHING" on here the past few weeks.

I dont BASH anyone, its tough love if anything...

Sorry stubby wubby... jack with me all you want... i dont care.

I know who's on my speed dial's.

PEACE OUT.

Stubby
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=lakesbison;227349]

QUOTE]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Herd80
11-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Stubby....give it up. Have you never heard the term delusions of grandeur? While Lakes may need a dictionary to understand proper usage of sabotage, I'm sure if you've read any of his garbage you will understand what he's about.

Signed, GLAD NOT TO BE ON SPEED DIAL...AAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

GodBlessDaBison
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Jackson was a late pickup...and some insurance...but I liked his demeanor on the field. Looked confident. When he leaned down to take the snap, he looked like he belonged there.

Nick has the 'Chuck Knoblauch Syndrome.'

LOL he is from the mean streets of south central..... I think he rather deal with haters like LAKEBISON then getting chased through the streets of los angeles by some thugs.....

GodBlessDaBison
11-06-2008, 07:24 PM

LOL Im sure Jackson is laughing at that comment you made.... thanks for giving him motivation.....

GodBlessDaBison
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM

PEACE OUT.

lol you love everything BUT Troy Jackson.....

MN_BISON
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM

PEACE OUT.

That is too funny, jesus Lakes name drop much? Lakes is proving himself to be a wannabe Happy from Blue Chips minus the millions. I don't know about you, but I think being a Team Maker and hanging out with players probably isn't the best of ideas. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong or will in the future, just not a good mix.
http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/12/negotiator13.jpg

lakesbison
11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Troy Jack is cool, nothing against him, heck no.

godblessdabison

""lol you love everything BUT Troy Jackson....."

UTH
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM

PEACE OUT.

I just hope you don't hurt anyone's feelings in the process.:blush:

rutlandbison
11-06-2008, 11:17 PM

PEACE OUT.
On your speed dial's??? Who gives a flying F**K!! O and you can go ahead and say "i talk to more football players in day than you have the whole year blablablabla" Lakes if they tell you stuff like your saying why dont you keep it to yourself. What if say Bohl gets on this website and starts seeing what your saying, then what?? keep it to yourself. I know if i was a football player I would want this kept silent. Nobody cares about your contacts.

BisoninNWMN
11-08-2008, 08:56 PM
On your speed dial's??? Who gives a flying F**K!! O and you can go ahead and say "i talk to more football players in day than you have the whole year blablablabla" Lakes if they tell you stuff like your saying why dont you keep it to yourself. What if say Bohl gets on this website and starts seeing what your saying, then what?? keep it to yourself. I know if i was a football player I would want this kept silent. Nobody cares about your contacts.

Lighten up, Rutland.

.....lakes is a "squirrel"......he's full of a lot of BS

CaBisonFan
11-08-2008, 09:09 PM
LOL he is from the mean streets of south central..... I think he rather deal with haters like LAKEBISON then getting chased through the streets of los angeles by some thugs.....

Is he from the Compton area? That would be in the general vicinity of USC & the Coliseum. Anyone know what high school he went to?

Yeah...South LA is an area where if your car breaks down you call 911 and stay put. Most people that have grown up here advise newcomers 'not' to exit into that part of LA...for any reason. It's kind of like downtown Grand Forks.

Can't believe the 'life' of this thread. :innocent:

CaBisonFan
11-08-2008, 09:18 PM
I just hope you don't hurt anyone's feelings in the process.:blush:

Has a little trouble...ah...focusing. :eeek:

rutlandbison
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Lighten up, Rutland.

.....lakes is a "squirrel"......he's full of a lot of BS
yeah he is im just sick of that BS.
If humans were made of meat Lakes would be full of baloney:p