PDA

View Full Version : Daylight saving time

TbonZach
11-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Hey everyone! Daylight saving time ends tonight. So don't forget to stay up until 2:00 am and reset your clocks! I'm especially looking forward to the extra hour of sleep.

BigDeal
11-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Hey everyone! Daylight saving time ends tonight. So don't forget to stay up until 2:00 am and reset your clocks! I'm especially looking forward to the extra hour of sleep.

After tonight, I'm looking forward to an extra hour of drinking.

TbonZach
03-08-2009, 04:11 AM
That's right folks. Time again for a clock change. Remember to stay up until 2 am and reset your clocks an hour ahead.

...I hate this time of year. What can I say? I like to sleep.

gotts
03-08-2009, 04:16 AM
That's right folks. Time again for a clock change. Remember to stay up until 2 am and reset your clocks an hour ahead.

Closing time is "3am" now? heh

TbonZach
03-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Closing time is "3am" now? heh

Or if you think about it, you can try to convince the bartender that they can't can't close since there is technically no "2 am" tonight.... ;)

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the staying up until 2:00 is a running joke in my family. I fully realize that you can change it at anytime.

gotts
03-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Or if you think about it, you can try to convince the bartender that they can't can't close since there is technically no "2 am" tonight.... ;)

Brilliant!

sambini
03-08-2009, 05:11 AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TbonZach
11-01-2009, 03:27 AM
It's that time again. Remember to set your clocks back an hour tonight.

And in regards to the first post, I love this time of year. I still like to sleep. :)

stevdock
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Since this is in Suggestions, I propose we have one of these at least once a month.

TbonZach
03-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Just a reminder to set your clocks ahead an hour tonight.

IzzyFlexion
03-14-2010, 01:08 AM
It's that time again. Remember to set your clocks back an hour tonight.

And in regards to the first post, I love this time of year. I still like to sleep. :)

Just a reminder to set your clocks ahead an hour tonight.

Now you lose that hour of sleep. How's that make ya feel?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0Tv4LfapLTw/ST7KB3Fv6oI/AAAAAAAABbk/XQI0kTkkN1M/s400/simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

gotts
03-14-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't know if it's been discussed before, but does that hour of tv we lose tonight magically appear in the fall when we gain an hour?

BlueBisonRock
03-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Now you lose that hour of sleep. How's that make ya feel?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0Tv4LfapLTw/ST7KB3Fv6oI/AAAAAAAABbk/XQI0kTkkN1M/s400/simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

Its worse than that. Am flying out of DC tomorrow (Sun) and leaving the hotel at 4:00 am ET. Now, I realize that I leave here at 3:00 AM. Am considering following an SD and SAV lead and staying up til the cab comes by.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Its worse than that. Am flying out of DC tomorrow (Sun) and leaving the hotel at 4:00 am ET. Now, I realize that I leave here at 3:00 AM. Am considering following an SD and SAV lead and staying up til the cab comes by.

I think that sounds like a great idea you can always sleep when you arrive to your destination :)

sambini
03-17-2010, 04:30 AM
I am not a fan of this. I like my sleep hate to lose an hour....

BisonBabe
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Finally not tired today. I hate Daylight savings time. It sucks big time and no longer serves a good purpose. I use my lights at home more now then before the time change over the weekend.

NorthernBison
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
I really get the shaft on the time change. I lose the hour every Spring just like everybody else. The problem is that I NEVER get it back in the Fall because that's hunting season and wake up time is driven by the sun and not the clock. The only way to get my hour back would be to sleep in and not hunt at sunrise that Sunday and that's just not happening.

I've spent a great deal of time pondering this over the years as you can tell.

IzzyFlexion
03-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Biannual time travel does kind of kick ass though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/DonkeyPuncherJ/DocBrown.jpg

Notorious
03-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Traveling "east to west" is the closest I get to time travel, but it is quite....."awesome"....no DeLorean required.

bisonmike2
03-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm guessing I'm one of the few who like the spring time change better than the fall. Sure I lose an hour of sleep in the spring, but I actually have to be up in the fall and I lose about 3 + hours thanks to the software application I manage. If the application isn't shut down when the clock goes back an hour, the system freaks out because it's logs will read that the time already happen. There are 3 ways to handle this problem, and by far the easiest is just to shut down the servers for an hour over the time change. Stupid German software engineers.

tony
03-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing I'm one of the few who like the spring time change better than the fall. Sure I lose an hour of sleep in the spring, but I actually have to be up in the fall and I lose about 3 + hours thanks to the software application I manage. If the application isn't shut down when the clock goes back an hour, the system freaks out because it's logs will read that the time already happen. There are 3 ways to handle this problem, and by far the easiest is just to shut down the servers for an hour over the time change. Stupid German software engineers.

Please tell me that you don't work at a nuclear power plant. :)

Bison bison
03-18-2010, 04:50 PM
or worse: Strategic Air Command.

Colonel Hapablap: Where the f did all of the missiles come from?

Sgt. Stewey: I don't know sir. The skies were clear until just a second ago.

(BisonMike2 hiding in the corner.)

bisonmike2
03-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Please tell me that you don't work at a nuclear power plant. :)

Several layers of national security policy prohibit me from replying to this statement.

Bison bison
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Several layers of national security policy prohibit me from replying to this statement.

ahhh, you work for the post office.. ;) :D

bisonmike2
03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
ahhh, you work for the post office.. ;) :D

Kind of. I'm a custodial engineer (NTTAWWT) for a government building that just happens to have a post office in it.:D