PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota-Northwestern Game...Watch Northwestern QB

CaBisonFan
11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I think his name is Kafka.

Big physical athlete who runs the option 'very' effectively...good head...quick...decent arm.

He reminds me a little of Jeff Bentrim...but taller.

It's a downhill offense with some spread looks.

The game is far from over...but I'm impressed with this kid.

My point being that good athletes that want to play quarterback but aren't really west coast style players can be found a little easier.

The recruiting formula: Recruit 2 or 3 big quarterbacks a year...guys that aren't being recruited as quarterbacks by FBS schools, and tell them that they will get a serious look at QB. Run a hybrid offense that incorporates running, option, and elements of modern passing schemes.

You pull an FBS caliber player that really, really wants to play QB...but doesn't fit the prototypical FBS quarterback mold.

Just a thought.

(ah...right...times have changed...got it...football has changed...but I'm watching it right now)

SirHinn
11-01-2008, 07:07 PM
I think his name is Kafka.

Big physical athlete who runs the option 'very' effectively...good head...quick...decent arm.

He reminds me a little of Jeff Bentrim...but taller.

It's a downhill offense with some spread looks.

The game is far from over...but I'm impressed with this kid.

My point being that good athletes that want to play quarterback but aren't really west coast style players can be found a little easier.

The recruiting formula: Recruit 2 or 3 big quarterbacks a year...guys that aren't being recruited as quarterbacks by FBS schools, and tell them that they will get a serious look at QB. Run a hybrid offense that incorporates running, option, and elements of modern passing schemes.

You pull an FBS caliber player that really, really wants to play QB...but doesn't fit the prototypical FBS quarterback mold.

Just a thought.

(ah...right...times have changed...got it...football has changed...but I'm watching it right now)

Wasn't that the purpose of recruiting Jose Mohler?

56BISON73
11-01-2008, 07:13 PM
MN picked off. NW returns it for TD 17 seconds left. PL

BigBison
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
MN picked off. NW returns it for TD 17 seconds left. PL

Thats dissapointing but thats Golden Gopher Football.

CaBisonFan
11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Wasn't that the purpose of recruiting Jose Mohler?

Good one. :rofl:

CaBisonFan
11-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Thats dissapointing but thats Golden Gopher Football.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It has to get really old.

Bison"FANatic"
11-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Fun game to watch had to just crush those at the Fargodome east today.;)

bisonmike2
11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
This is really going to hurt their Rose Bowl chances this year.:) Does this mean we are not going to get a visit from that gopher fan this week saying "look at us now, look at us now"?

SirHinn
11-01-2008, 10:35 PM
This is really going to hurt their Rose Bowl chances this year.:) Does this mean we are not going to get a visit from that gopher fan this week saying "look at us now, look at us now"?

You guys are very off topic on the point he was trying to make. If the discussion is going to be about the Gopher Wildcat game, perhaps it should be moved.

onbison09
11-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Why is everyone piling on the Gophs? It's pretty obvious they are heading for a turnaround.

WildBill
11-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Why is everyone piling on the Gophs? It's pretty obvious they are heading for a turnaround.

Maybe jealousy? Seems kind of curious considering some have said they are Gopher fans as well.

56BISON73
11-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Maybe jealousy? Seems kind of curious considering some have said they are Gopher fans as well.

Naw---some just cant get over Punky dissing the Bison last year. Which I do have to admit is now funny considering how it all turned out last year.
But geeez---let it go. PL

WildBill
11-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Naw---some just cant get over Punky dissing the Bison last year. Which I do have to admit is now funny considering how it all turned out last year.
But geeez---let it go. PL

Honestly,do you think they would've gotten any better response from another coach that has been in a big time program? I'm guessing not

56BISON73
11-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Honestly,do you think they would've gotten any better response from another coach that has been in a big time program? I'm guessing not

Yes I think other coaches would have handled it much better. I see interviews all the time with coaches extolling the virtues of a supposedly inferior team. Punky stepped in it. But hey---a head coaching gig is a learning experience. To me personally I didnt care. But whats funny is coaches are always telling there teams to respect their opponents and not give them any bulletin board material. And what does Punky do???? LOL
But what I think Punky did last year was try to put all of the attention on himself instead of the team and its problems. Hence many of his less than---humble press conferences.

It looks as though things are falling in to place at MN and Im glad. I wish them success in the future. PL

CaBisonFan
11-02-2008, 01:40 AM

Yeah...he said a stupid thing.

heckler
11-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Yeah...he said a stupid thing.

And not just one stupid thing... haven't seen many coaches give that much bulletin material.

CaBisonFan
11-02-2008, 02:24 AM
And not just one stupid thing... haven't seen many coaches give that much bulletin material.

He's prolific.

bisonmike2
11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
You guys are very off topic on the point he was trying to make. If the discussion is going to be about the Gopher Wildcat game, perhaps it should be moved.

On the contraire. I was merely trying to bring relevance to the thread. See, it was posted under Bison football. Well, UM vs. NW doesn't have any relevance to Bison football. So, seeing this opportunity, I injected a comment that tied together UM vs NW and Bison football by using the boneheaded goopher fan who likes to come on this board after a goopher victory and attempt to make the argument that they are now Rose bowl material and on a much different path than us this year. See I'm just doing my job.:) Bisonmike, junior moderator extraordinaire.