PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State

Bison101
11-01-2008, 03:05 AM
I'm very concerned about the Bears. They will pose a great challenge----

I hope we can keep it rolling after an easy win vs. Indiana State. A win at Missouri State is crucial to our playoff dreams.

CaBisonFan
11-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I agree.

I'm hoping that we are improving and gaining momentum. A win over Missouri State and SDSU will be a challenge. Steady improvement, and healthy players will be essential. And all of the things we've talked about...like better special teams, less penalties, better tackling, etc. Oh yes...and 'hold' the interceptions.

A strong finish would feel 'really' good.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-01-2008, 08:15 AM

Understatement...it would feel REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY AMAZING!!!!

tjbison
11-01-2008, 10:16 AM
LETS WORRY ABOUT THE TREES BEFORE THE BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god gawd we are not the best int he MVFC and we TOTALLY overlook ISU-blue!!!!!?????:hide:

sambini
11-01-2008, 11:15 AM
One Game At A Time

IzzyFlexion
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM

I hope we can keep it rolling after an easy win vs. Indiana State. A win at Missouri State is crucial to our playoff dreams.

Why bother with the playoffs. There are posters on the ASU/Wofford thread that are implying that no one else needs to even bother showing up for the post season! ASU a great team?, of course....but the second coming of Christ?...probably not.

Jdubs21
11-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I know everyone is overlooking indiana state...myself included, it jsut worries be because i dont want anymore injuries seems like everygame we get some big injuries against the teams that we should handle easily

Bison101
11-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I know everyone is overlooking indiana state...myself included, it jsut worries be because i dont want anymore injuries seems like everygame we get some big injuries against the teams that we should handle easily

That's why we don't play Roehl, we bench Heckendorf after the half, and we give Williams and Schultenover some much needed reps from Mertens.

pantherhawkrolling
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Actually I think you absolutely can look ahead to Missouri State. There is no way on God's green earth NDSU will lose today. It would be the greatest upset in the history of college football, and that is absolutely not hyperbole.
Missouri State is a conference road game so it will be a challenge for NDSU. But they should be favored. The key for NDSU will be if it can win two games where they have a 65-80% (somewhere in there) of winning each. Of course, with that type of analysis there is a decent shot that they could lose one of them, which is not something that NDSU can afford if they want to be considered for a playoff bid.

tjbison
11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Actually I think you absolutely can look ahead to Missouri State. There is no way on God's green earth NDSU will lose today. It would be the greatest upset in the history of college football, and that is absolutely not hyperbole.
Missouri State is a conference road game so it will be a challenge for NDSU. But they should be favored. The key for NDSU will be if it can win two games where they have a 65-80% (somewhere in there) of winning each. Of course, with that type of analysis there is a decent shot that they could lose one of them, which is not something that NDSU can afford if they want to be considered for a playoff bid.

Whats that????

56BISON73
11-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Drove by MSUs stadium yesterday. Its big BUT all the seating is on one side so its like half a stadium from what I could tell. Also had lunch at Ebbets field where they are having the NDSU Alumni tailgate. Its a bar restaurant that is in an old house in a residential area. Its about 8 blocks from the stadium. PL

sambini
11-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks PL for the inside info. Will you be there? Will this game be on the internet?

NDSUFan_Sav
11-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks PL for the inside info. Will you be there? Will this game be on the internet?

I think it says on gobison that there is a webcast if i'm not mistaken.

56BISON73
11-02-2008, 12:33 PM

I will be there IF we get all of our deer in time to get back for the game. Plus we have been invited to go goose hunting that same weekend. But will have to wait till we find out if the geese are there. But I am hoping we can be there. PL

1bizon1
11-02-2008, 01:16 PM

I'm sorry but there will be no playoffs for this team this year.......

steelbison
11-02-2008, 02:50 PM

PLayoffs??? Did you say playoffs??? What are you on????

You need a reality check!! This team is no where capable of making or deserving to be in the playoffs.

being a homer is one thing..but Please

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I agree.

I'm hoping that we are improving and gaining momentum. A win over Missouri State and SDSU will be a challenge. Steady improvement, and healthy players will be essential. And all of the things we've talked about...like better special teams, less penalties, better tackling, etc. Oh yes...and 'hold' the interceptions.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen either.

Bison"FANatic"
11-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Southern Ill turned it over a bunch against Missouri State and they were lucky to escape with a last second win. If we play the way we have we will lose in two weeks. If we don't turn it over we will win but we can't turn it over.

Hippy Stick
11-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Like, man, Missouri State can beat us, dudes!

:hide:

heckler
11-04-2008, 02:37 AM
CABison in 3...2... JK... I would have never thought at the begining of the year that we would have to worry about Missouri State. But here we are in NOV playing for pride. I love my Bison but it sure looks like guys don't even care or aren't even fired up.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-04-2008, 02:50 AM
This game is no "gimme." :hide:

sambini
11-04-2008, 03:49 AM
This game is no "gimme." :hide:
Anyone besides Road going to the game?

X-Factor
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
The good news is that the bears are in much worse off shape than we are concerning injuries. We will be able to run all over those guys, but will we be able to pass?

sambini
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
If we can run we will be just fine.

TransAmBison
11-05-2008, 12:53 PM
If we can run we will be just fine.
I disagree. We may win in the short term (one game) but we will build false confidence in the long term (second game against "that other team")

sambini
11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I disagree. We may win in the short term (one game) but we will build false confidence in the long term (second game against "that other team") I meant Missouri State. You take em one at a time. If we can win both lines of scrimmage that will make a lot of differance. And by running the football we can control the clock etc.. So is anyone going to Springfield besides Road?

heckler
11-05-2008, 04:15 PM

I have an emergency management conference to go to in Kansas City so I think I might do some extra traveling...

SDbison
11-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I meant Missouri State. You take em one at a time. If we can win both lines of scrimmage that will make a lot of differance. And by running the football we can control the clock etc.. So is anyone going to Springfield besides Road?
The Bison will likely lose to SDSU if they do not learn how to pass consistently and effectively during the next couple weeks. Everyone who has watched the Bison this year knows that.......

TransAmBison
11-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I meant Missouri State. You take em one at a time. If we can win both lines of scrimmage that will make a lot of differance. And by running the football we can control the clock etc.. So is anyone going to Springfield besides Road?
Yeah, I know what you meant. I believe what you propose would in fact win that game. I just disagree on the one game at a time mentality. They need to figure out how this forward pass thing works. If they wait until the SDSU game we will be eaten alive.

Former Hitman
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM

The wife and I are making the game. We made arrangements early in the year hoping this game would be more significant.

VanClubPres
11-05-2008, 10:47 PM

I will be there. Front row section D. Bringing my grandparents, they are bison, and havent seen a game in 10 years live. They are really excieted. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

IL_Bison
11-06-2008, 02:50 AM

My wife and I are attending, hoping to avoid getting lost in southern Missouri.

VanClubPres
11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
My wife and I are attending, hoping to avoid getting lost in southern Missouri.

If you hear a banjo playing............run.

IzzyFlexion
11-07-2008, 01:16 AM
If you hear a banjo playing............run.

You shore got a purty mouth!
http://www.emanuellevy.com/images/photos/g273uxc08bt.jpg

stevdock
11-07-2008, 01:54 AM
The last time I was in Missouri was for the NW Missouri St playoff game. Fun game, came out on the wrong end. A lot of that was due to an inadvertant whistle on a tipped ball that was picked off by one of the LB's and returned for a TD, but was called back because of the whistle. Hopefully we have a better outcome in Missouri this time.

Scooter1
11-07-2008, 03:43 AM
NDSU will win this game.

missingnumber7
11-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Anyone know if this game will be on the net?

Hammersmith
11-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Anyone know if this game will be on the net?

Video available through GoBison with MSU announcers. Maybe channelsurfing.net will pirate the video like previous weeks.

Former Hitman
11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
The last time I was in Missouri was for the NW Missouri St playoff game. Fun game, came out on the wrong end. A lot of that was due to an inadvertant whistle on a tipped ball that was picked off by one of the LB's and returned for a TD, but was called back because of the whistle. Hopefully we have a better outcome in Missouri this time.

That play still upset me! I was closer than anyone on that play!

bisonmike2
11-10-2008, 06:57 PM

Is that the kitty litter game?

tcbison
11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Is that the kitty litter game?
No. That was Delta State.

MSUBear42
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Bison fans!

Just wanted to wish safe travels to those who will be making the trip down to Springfield this weekend. There's not a doubt in my mind that NDSU fans will outnumber the MSU fans. Springfield has never been this down on the program before. We are more injured than words can even describe, both mentally and physically.

Bison will absolutely run over the Bears this weekend.

If you feel like seeing the definition of a dead football board, come on over to MSUBearNation.com

Once again, drive safe and hope it's a good weekend for football, sounds chilly.

If you have any ?s about Springfield, just let me know!

DORMIE
11-10-2008, 08:55 PM
The origional kitty litter game was at Cal Davis (they were not UC Davis yet). I'm not sure if they used it at the Delta State game. Mayor Walaker was there on the sidelines and said that it was pathetic. Best mud game was at Pittsburg State.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I have but one request for Bohl in this game....If we win the toss take the ball and shove it down their throat. I know he thinks the first possession in the 2nd half is the most important but in my opinion if you can jump out to an early lead against a struggling team you do it.

BisonNeil
11-10-2008, 11:08 PM
The origional kitty litter game was at Cal Davis (they were not UC Davis yet). I'm not sure if they used it at the Delta State game. Mayor Walaker was there on the sidelines and said that it was pathetic. Best mud game was at Pittsburg State.

You are correct!

Kitty Litter Bowl II was the next year at Dakotah Field when some young enterprising Bison fans brought kitty litter to the first playoff game with Davis and showered Jim Sochor, the HC of Davis, with kitty litter. He thought it was hilarious.

missingnumber7
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Video available through GoBison with MSU announcers. Maybe channelsurfing.net will pirate the video like previous weeks.

Thats the info i was looking for thanks.

VanClubPres
11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey Bison fans!

Just wanted to wish safe travels to those who will be making the trip down to Springfield this weekend. There's not a doubt in my mind that NDSU fans will outnumber the MSU fans. Springfield has never been this down on the program before. We are more injured than words can even describe, both mentally and physically.

If you feel like seeing the definition of a dead football board, come on over to MSUBearNation.com

Once again, drive safe and hope it's a good weekend for football, sounds chilly.

Thanks, We look forward to a fun game.

VanClubPres
11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
I have but one request for Bohl in this game....If we win the toss take the ball and shove it down their throat. I know he thinks the first possession in the 2nd half is the most important but in my opinion if you can jump out to an early lead against a struggling team you do it.

Absof--inglutley.

Lets set the tone from the very beginning.

Bisonfan1
11-11-2008, 12:15 AM

Road is going to the game??? no kidding??? Hey all you going have a great time and be LOUD !!!!!!

onbison09
11-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Hey Bison fans!

Wish I was that confident. :hide:

bisonmike2
11-11-2008, 01:04 AM
You are correct!

Kitty Litter Bowl II was the next year at Dakotah Field when some young enterprising Bison fans brought kitty litter to the first playoff game with Davis and showered Jim Sochor, the HC of Davis, with kitty litter. He thought it was hilarious.

Cool. I was thinking of the Delta State game. I didn't know about the Davis games.

NDSUdonny
11-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I think it all depends on us, If we can run the ball and (knock on wood) take care of it, we should win on saturday.. We need to get off to a good start, instead of the lackluster one we had against ISU. If Missouri State can force us to pass, they have a chance.

NDSUstudent
11-13-2008, 04:19 AM

That is how many yards of rushing Missouri State gives up a game.

MSUBear42
11-13-2008, 04:32 AM

That is how many yards of rushing Missouri State gives up a game.

Are we still last in the FCS in rushing D and overall YPG? :nod:

lakesbison
11-13-2008, 04:46 AM
yikes buddy....shore that line up

NDSUstudent
11-13-2008, 04:50 AM
Are we still last in the FCS in rushing D and overall YPG? :nod:

Actually, Iona is in last at 297.9 rushing YPG and Idaho State is last overall at 505.2 in total YPG ;)

But still how do you give up that many yards up per game? You guys beat up or just that bad?

MSUBear42
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Actually, Iona is in last at 297.9 rushing YPG and Idaho State is last overall at 505.2 in total YPG ;)

But still how do you give up that many yards up per game? You guys beat up or just that bad?

Mixture of both... Last we we were without 6 of our starters. But we were just as bad when we had them. We have some athletes on defense, I just raelly question our schemes... We were supposed to switch over to a 4-3 but we've played 3-4 all season it seems.

sambini
11-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Good luck Bison++++++++++

Bisonfan1
11-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Projected weather report for Springfield on Saturday GAME DAY !! - partly cloudy, high 38 degrees, wind NW 15 to 25.

tony
11-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Projected weather report for Springfield on Saturday GAME DAY !! - partly cloudy, high 38 degrees, wind NW 15 to 25.

That seems unusually chilly for Missouri, doesn't it? Hope our guys deal with it a little better than the Missouri Staters.

McBison
11-14-2008, 02:14 PM

From the National Weather Service....partly cloudy, high 38 degrees, wind NW 15 to 25, and 100% chance of THUNDER.

That NEVER gets old

Bisonfan1
11-15-2008, 03:01 AM
From the National Weather Service....partly cloudy, high 38 degrees, wind NW 15 to 25, and 100% chance of THUNDER.

That NEVER gets old

Thanx for the update, how did I miss the last part of the weather report ????

GO BISON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooter1
11-15-2008, 03:11 AM
I hope the wind is 25+ all day.

With the size of the defensive line for Missouri St, I don't see them hanging with the Bison. They have proven over and over that they can't hang with physical teams. (S Illinois was their own worst enemy the game vs Missouri St) If it is windy and they have problems passing the ball, I see the Bison winning by at least 16 points.

Missouri St 14 NDSU 35