PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Awards

go_bison
10-31-2008, 06:43 PM
I believe last year they did some awards at the final home game for tailgating. I thought it put was put on by the Bison Ambassadors. Does anyone know if they are doing something like that this year?

imabison
10-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I believe last year they did some awards at the final home game for tailgating. I thought it put was put on by the Bison Ambassadors. Does anyone know if they are doing something like that this year?
They, and I think its the SDSU game.

99Bison
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
yes it is on for the sdsu

go_bison
10-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know the categories?

NDBison
10-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Not sure if they are changing it for this year, but here is the release from last year.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1243706&SPID=714&SPSID=12289

d3boys
10-31-2008, 07:52 PM
I vote for minnow races

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2008, 10:46 PM
I vote for minnow races

Why you gotta make it about race?
You may have just offended half the fish in Lake Sallie.:p

99Bison
10-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Categories:
-Best Tailgating Setup
-Best Food
-Best Custom Vehicle
-Bison Pride Award
-Fan Favorite

I am guessing they'll have flyers out again this weekend... I kept one from last game so we could put it in the Bison Illustrated for Nov... but promptly forgot as such.

Yo
11-01-2008, 03:20 AM
To answer a few questions, yes they are doing it again this year. This will be the 3rd yr for the awards. Now Pardon My Rant, but it is a complete waste of time :paperbag: . We signed up for it the first year, and the wife's spent a lot of time, effort, and yes a few $$$'s and we did not even get anyone to stop by for the "judging" because they spent all their time at the "big set-ups".

The last home game several groups stopped by to get us to sign up for this year's competition, and I unloaded my feelings on the first group. I later felt bad and sought them out to apoligize for unloading on them. The next groups I just said "no thanks".

I have no problems with the big $$$ groups, they are as welcome as us small $$$ groups, but the "competion" in my opinion is a little unfair.:paperbag: :paperbag:

Bisonfan1
11-01-2008, 12:52 PM
A few years back when some Bison fanatic started the custom vehicle craze with the Bison Battle Wagon, who would have ever thought it would have grown into what it has today. Big Rigs, Little rigs, trailers, vans, pull behind grilles, custom pop up camper, did I miss any? It's just insane when you walk through the lot now, I doubt there is any team in football anywhere that has this kind of showing. I do think if they are going to do this, a few more catagories need to be added to accomidate everyone. Back when the Battle Wagon made its debut it was hands down best of show, that rig cant even compete with the Big D1 cruisers popping up everywhere, however there are more smaller bus's popping up it seems every couple weeks and trailers and vans.

Besides the normal tailgating awards, best food, best setup etc. Add a few catagories for the differant custom vehicles, Big category, small catagory, vans/pickups/cars catagory and trailer catagory. This will open up awards for the folks that dont have the custom rigs, but go way out for a nice tailgating presentation. Just think the way it is now, one vehicle/setup could win quite a few catagories in one shot.

Mr. Burgundy
11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Life isn't fair YO. Try again. The judges don't skip anyone on purpose. It is supposed to be fun. Don't take your ball and go home. UND did that, and now look at the mess. Ha. Enjoy it. They are just doing it to make tailgating all that much better. See you in the lot today.

Oh, and we got snubbed last year...2nd! It should have been a repeat.

Best food in the West lot...Just ask Gene.

Jdubs21
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
everyone feel free to come minnow racing for the sdsu game!!! thats our group :)

Jdubs21
11-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Btw no minnow races this weekend due to some unexpected family issues from a few people in the crue :(

NDSUFan_Sav
11-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Life isn't fair YO. Try again. The judges don't skip anyone on purpose. It is supposed to be fun. Don't take your ball and go home. UND did that, and now look at the mess. Ha. Enjoy it. They are just doing it to make tailgating all that much better. See you in the lot today.

I've witnessed that food and will def see you out there today!!!

TransAmBison
11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
:)

I take exception to that last remark. TOHBTC is outdone on the food front by no tailgate crew!!!! :ranting: :ranting: :) :) :nod: :nod: :D :D

sambini
11-02-2008, 03:38 AM

Best food in the West lot...Just ask Gene. Lowells is the best bar none++++

UTH
11-02-2008, 03:41 AM
:)
I take exception to that last remark. TOHBTC is outdone on the food front by no tailgate crew!!!! :ranting: :ranting: :) :) :nod: :nod: :D :D

Well, then... your grill needs a stage. That should resolve any disputes.

spiritbzn1
11-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Lowells is the best bar none++++

Whoever makes the bars at Lowells should win an award, along with Lowell.