PDA

View Full Version : panoramic picture to be taken Nov. 1

extremerouge
10-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Hey all, got this in an email, thought I would let everyone know...

Photographer James Blakeway to Shoot Panorama of Nov. 1st NDSU game

Fargo, N.D. (Oct 22, 2008) – From his early days of selling posters out of the back of a beat-up Honda, photographer and Fargo native James Blakeway, founder and CEO of Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas, Inc., never imagined he would spend his weekends shooting panoramas of spectator sports events throughout the country. On November 1, he will do just that as he photographs the 18700-seat Fargodome in Fargo, ND when the NDSU Bison face the Indiana State Sycamores.

Famous for panoramic photos of city skylines, Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas kicked off their collegiate panoramics in big way this season with licenses to shoot 30 football games across the nation. In addition to this shot, Blakeway has also photographed Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Clemson, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, Missouri, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, USC, Virginia, Iowa, Washington, Arizona and ASU.

Blakeway’s panoramas of college football venues can be viewed online at www.panoramas.com (http://www.panoramas.com/) as well as sports collectable stores throughout the country. Locally, Blakeway Panoramas will available at Maps Maps Maps at West Acres and Scheels on 45th Street. Prints are usually available one to two weeks after the photo shoot.

In order to make the most of this NDSU panorama, Blakeway Worldwide Panorama and NDSU Athletics encouraged fans to dress in the official school colors – yellow or green. At kick off, all fans should be on their feet, yelling at the top of their lungs with both arms in the air. The panoramic photograph will be taken right at the moment of kickoff.

roadwarrior
10-29-2008, 12:07 AM
sorry to rain on your parade, but this is old news here.

extremerouge
10-29-2008, 12:17 AM
sorry to rain on your parade, but this is old news here.
oh...haha...i looked and didn't see it sorry

if a mod wants to close this thread down feel free!

sambini
10-29-2008, 12:24 AM
The guy does good work++++

tjbison
11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Did this happen?? if so OMG thats gonna suck!

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Did this happen?? if so OMG thats gonna suck!

shoulda taken it at SDSU or homecoming

stevdock
11-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I believe I saw him in the press box shortly after kickoff. Should be interesting to see what it looks like in a couple of weeks.

Fighting Sevo's
11-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Talked to him, said he was just shooting that game as "backup". They plan on shooting/printing the SDSU game. Hopefully that one is better....

stevdock
11-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Very good to know. If they use that one though sure gonna make it a tough Christmas present to get on time for some people.

bisongirl
11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Very good to know. If they use that one though sure gonna make it a tough Christmas present to get on time for some people.

I heard that one of the stores would have it just days after it was shot. Maybe they're planning on speeding up the printing process due to the close proximity to Christmas.

tjbison
11-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Anybody heard for sure if this is still going to happen this week??

scheelsguy
11-18-2008, 02:32 AM
It's a GO!!!