PDA

View Full Version : what a negative year thus far

westnodak93bison
10-28-2008, 11:52 AM
What a negative year thus far for Bison Football....can we turn it around?
friggin depressing....

Who have we lost this year? Purcell, Manowske, Miller, Parsons, Brecke, Bourne-McFarlane, all left the team..did I miss any?
Vandal suspended indefinitely...
Backowske, Belmont, Beson out with injury....did I miss any?

Roehl, Ebel, Henry, Compton, Maresh, Lemon all nicked up and miss time..
did I miss any

Snell & Hunt cut in the NFL, Drago doesnt get drafted or make a team, Walker doesnt even get a look, Dahl blows out another knee, Safe opts out of football

Seems the only postitive with Bison football these days is Joe Mays and he cant even get into the Philly rotation.

Blow a 13pt lead in the 2nd half to crappy WYO, lose to lowly Youngstown,
give the game to Western Ill, play crappy at our would be new big conference rival,

"error" apparrent to Steve Walker(pun intended) doesnt meet even 1/8 of his expectations...

Bison Dan
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
friggin depressing....

Who have we lost this year? Purcell, Manowske, Miller, Parsons, Brecke, Bourne-McFarlane, all left the team..did I miss any?

did I miss any

Snell & Hunt cut in the NFL, Drago doesnt get drafted or make a team, Walker doesnt even get a look, Dahl blows out another knee, Safe opts out of football

Seems the only postitive with Bison football these days is Joe Mays and he cant even get into the Philly rotation.

give the game to Western Ill, play crappy at our would be new big conference rival,

"error" apparrent to Steve Walker(pun intended) doesnt meet even 1/8 of his expectations...

It's called FOOTBALL! Things happen during the year. Every team goes through this stuff at one time or another. Hell if our QB even had an average game in our losses we'd be 7-1 or 8-0 and no one would care about the rest. Bison fans need to lighten up and finish the season cheering on the BISON. Bohl will bring in some great QB's next year.

silkamilkamonico
10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
It's called FOOTBALL! Things happen during the year. Every team goes through this stuff at one time or another. Hell if our QB even had an average game in our losses we'd be 7-1 or 8-0 and no one would care about the rest. Bison fans need to lighten up and finish the season cheering on the BISON. Bohl will bring in some great QB's next year.

Yea I agree. Every program is going to face some kind of adversity at some point. NDSU has a lot of backbone and character, and all i think will come out of this is an opportunity for other kids in some different way shape and form.

bisonbrody9
10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
'Walker didn't get a look"
Are you kidding me?

I'm just as big a fan as the next guy, but come on some you have to get your heads out of this fantasy land.

Its a game not everything always goes your way. It could be worse we could be Indiana State fans.........

bisonmike2
10-28-2008, 01:53 PM
This has to be the biggest choke job I've seen since...well last year, when the Bison choked the last game of the season. Awww, this has to be the best year ever! I can't wait until basketball. I will be there to see anyone except NDSU win the men's basketball conference tournament :)

You asked for it so here it goes. What did you come here to brag about your football team? Last I check, they aren't doing so hot either. And I can't imagine that your excited about your men's b-ball team. Are they picked to finish anything other than last this year?

CaBisonFan
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
This has to be the biggest choke job I've seen since...well last year, when the Bison choked the last game of the season. Awww, this has to be the best year ever! I can't wait until basketball. I will be there to see anyone except NDSU win the men's basketball conference tournament :)

I've always been a big fan of the wabbit football dynasty.

Lived in Brookings for close to a decade. The band was great. Seriously

I remember getting concessions & using the restroom during the game so as not to miss the halftime show.

Wabbit fans are used to saying..."Just wait until basketball."

A down year in Bison football is called a good year in Brookings.:nod:

CaBisonFan
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I can't believe UND actually has a better record than you guys.

You're not from SDSU...are you?

But thanks for the locker room material anyway.

lcbison
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Well I can believe that UND has a better record than SDSU

IzzyFlexion
10-28-2008, 02:43 PM

Now, it's very important to note that UND has played against:
0 D1 teams.
3 D2 teams.
and 1 D3 team.

NDSU has played:
1 D1 team and all of the rest have been 1AA teams.

Apples and Oranges!

silkamilkamonico
10-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Last I check, they aren't doing so hot either.

When you're an SDSU fan, apparently a 4-4 football record, and a struggling vball program translates into the "best year ever".

I also like how he's fully hyped to watch his paltry men's bball team.

At least they have women's basketball down there. That sure is exciting.

bisonmike2
10-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh please! Don't act like you guys weren't all cocky the past few years. Just trying to put you in your own place for once and you guys STILL b*tch and moan worse than high school girls

at least you kinda woke up this board a little. Listen, come to Fargo with your football team and win. By the way that's something you haven't done since the 60's. Do that and then I'll listen to your crap about our season. Otherwise, why don't you be content with your .500 record and count down the days until the WNIT selection committee meets.

lcbison
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh please! Don't act like you guys weren't all cocky the past few years. Just trying to put you in your own place for once and you guys STILL b*tch and moan worse than high school girls

I see nothing wrong with High school girls......

bisonhusker
10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Fargo: Excellence is expected.
Brookings: Average is acceptable

I can't wait for the football game. We are getting better, they are getting worse. Sold out DOME. Can't wait.

Buddies. How is girls volleyball do? Coaching chance? How does the Men's hoops team look? Same as they did 5 years ago? WOW. Girls hoops....well, still dominating. They are legit. If 4-4 is good, then congrats on a great year. We have expectations. See you in November. Are you going to bring 8,000 fans up to the Fargodome like we brought to Brookings last year?

aces1180
10-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Fargo: Excellence is expected.
Brookings: Average is acceptable

I can't wait for the football game. We are getting better, they are getting worse. Sold out DOME. Can't wait.

Buddies. How is girls volleyball do? Coaching chance? How does the Men's hoops team look? Same as they did 5 years ago? WOW. Girls hoops....well, still dominating. They are legit. If 4-4 is good, then congrats on a great year. We have expectations. See you in November. Are you going to bring 8,000 fans up to the Fargodome like we brought to Brookings last year?

They aren't going to bring 8K because they can't get tickets...Unlike the game last year in Brookings, we actually sellout our home contests without their help.

bisonmike2
10-28-2008, 04:09 PM
They aren't going to bring 8K because they can't get tickets...Unlike the game last year in Brookings, we actually sellout our home contests without their help.

http://maochan.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/oh-snap.jpg

bisonhusker
10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
That was part of my "joke," thanks for making that clear! they will get their 300 tickets and sit in the corner.

aces1180
10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
That was part of my "joke," thanks for making that clear! they will get their 300 tickets and sit in the corner.

You're welcome! ;)

Blue
10-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Give hoopsie a break. He has a case of little man syndrome. I'm not sure who he is but he felt like ripping me on the Jacks board for doing nothing.

......personal message deleted.......
The only thing I have to argue is that 3 of our 4 losses were to top 5 FCS teams. Otherwise, carry on the flaming of Hoopsie :-D

OldBison
10-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Pun taken and it was hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OldBison
10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Bohl will bring in some great QB's next year.

Wow, now that is optimism. Dan, you are obviously not bothered by the fact that Bohl and his staff have yet to demonstrate the ability to recruit an effective QB, much less a "great" one. :banghead: :banghead:

OldBison
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM

That's what happens when you play DII and DIII teams.

90BISON
10-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Give hoopsie a break. He has a case of little man syndrome. I'm not sure who he is but he felt like ripping me on the Jacks board for doing nothing.

The only thing I have to argue is that 3 of our 4 losses were to top 5 FCS teams. Otherwise, carry on the flaming of Hoopsie :-D

Blue,

All I can say about that guy (little man, name dropper) is WOW. I'm just picturing this guy is about 5'4", 250 lbs, used to attend USD but was kicked out for academics, and so now is a huge Rabbit fan. And by the way, his mom once new a guy that dated this girl that used to babysit the Assistant State Auditor for South Dakota.:D Actually I shall now call him/it, now and forever more "Little Man Name Dropper", from this time henceforth.

CaBisonFan
10-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Schedules aren't comparable.

You're a sue.

bisonmike2
10-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Sounds like that guy is the Lakes of Jackrabbit land? No offense Lakes. And Blue, your losses to top FCS schools is a valid arguement.

ndsubison1
10-28-2008, 08:58 PM

a south dakota 9 man team would have a better record than us with that schedule...

Civil06
10-29-2008, 02:59 AM

did I miss any

Don't forget Pete Blincoe. He played as a true freshmen so he'll be back for 2 more seasons. I really think the Bison could have used his experience against Youngstown State when both Tyler and Pat were out with ankle sprains.

BraxtonT
10-29-2008, 03:19 AM
Don't forget Pete Blincoe. He played as a true freshmen so he'll be back for 2 more seasons. I really think the Bison could have used his experience against Youngstown State when both Tyler and Pat were out with ankle sprains.

Tyler played 2.5 quarters in that game.

Civil06
10-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Tyler played 2.5 quarters in that game.

I know, but he only came in after a miserable start where nobody else could move the ball.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-29-2008, 03:26 AM

Exactly Civil!!!!! seems like everyone has forgot about him :mad:

BraxtonT
10-29-2008, 03:37 AM
Exactly Civil!!!!! seems like everyone has forgot about him :mad:

I don't think it is a matter of forgetting about him; I just don't believe many feel as though he'd be much of a help. No offense to him, but he wasn't that effective, IMO.

BraxtonT
10-29-2008, 03:41 AM
I know, but he only came in after a miserable start where nobody else could move the ball.

I was at the game.

I remember DJ getting all of the 1st down plays and not getting much yardage.

I was hoping Matt V. would get a carry on 1st down, but I don't recall him ever getting that chance.

It's been a total struggle with our offensive ineptitude on 1st down this season. Those first 20-25 minutes of that game were the 'poster child' of this problem.

Damn, now I am going to have to go watch it again to make sure my memory isn't totally whacked.

Civil06
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
I was at the game.

I remember DJ getting all of the 1st down plays and not getting much yardage.

I was hoping Matt V. would get a carry on 1st down, but I don't recall him ever getting that chance.

It's been a total struggle with our offensive ineptitude on 1st down this season. Those first 20-25 minutes of that game were the 'poster child' of this problem.

Damn, now I am going to have to go watch it again to make sure my memory isn't totally whacked.

Good points about 1st down. It's been very frustrating as a fan when you know what's coming.

About Pete, I'm not saying he'd have significantly changed the game, just that it would have been nice to have his experience in the game. Also, I just wanted to make sure he got on this list and I hope his rehab is going well.

NDSUdonny
10-29-2008, 04:27 PM
friggin depressing....

did I miss any

Sorry I just thought it was funny that you think Walker should have got seriously looked at by the NFL

JacksFan06
10-29-2008, 07:43 PM
While this year has been a dissapointment for bison fans, what can be expected for next year?

This team took a step down after losing mays, walker, safe, & Drago (plus a rash of injuries), how will the team respond next year after losing much more (Heckendorf, Wurzbacher, schommer, rohl, jangula, humber, maresh, lardinois, harrington, compton, belquist, agbetola)

Are there solid QB, RB, WR's waiting in the wings?

bisonmike2
10-29-2008, 08:28 PM
While this year has been a dissapointment for bison fans, what can be expected for next year?

This team took a step down after losing mays, walker, safe, & Drago (plus a rash of injuries), how will the team respond next year after losing much more (Heckendorf, Wurzbacher, schommer, rohl, jangula, humber, maresh, lardinois, harrington, compton, belquist, agbetola)

Are there solid QB, RB, WR's waiting in the wings?

QB - maybe. Jose Moehler is a true freshman from San Diego a.k.a the whale's vagina. Not much is known about him except he is supposed to have a big arm.

RB - Paschall's back for one more year. D.J. McNorton has been a huge threat on special teams but has yet to really breakthrough at RB. Voitlander reminds some people of Kyle Steffes. Strong, physical runner.

WR- I think we are solid here but they have to learn to catch the ball better.

Thundering Herd
10-30-2008, 12:54 AM
negative year? Thundar is doing well!!! (thanks to the 12th. man!)

99Bison
10-30-2008, 01:09 AM
QB - maybe. Jose Moehler is a true freshman from San Diego a.k.a the whale's vagina. Not much is known about him except he is supposed to have a big arm.

Almost... Mohler was a quoted as a mini steve walker via intangibles. Mertens is the one with the rocket arm.

Civil06
10-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Almost... Mohler was a quoted as a mini steve walker via intangibles. Mertens is the one with the rocket arm.

Mohler also has a big arm. He through 70 yds at the Nebraska camp.

BraxtonT
10-30-2008, 04:30 AM

RB - Paschall's back for one more year. D.J. McNorton has been a huge threat on special teams but has yet to really breakthrough at RB. Voitlander reminds some people of Kyle Steffes. Strong, physical runner.

WR- I think we are solid here but they have to learn to catch the ball better.

Not trying to be a smartass, but what is your basis for this statement?

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Mohler also has a big arm. He through 70 yds at the Nebraska camp.

Where was that printed?????

In warm-ups his arm looks very suspect for the long-ball. For the west-coast offense it is probably adequate.

Civil06
10-31-2008, 01:05 PM
[/B]

Where was that printed?????

In warm-ups his arm looks very suspect for the long-ball. For the west-coast offense it is probably adequate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3234338

"Mohler is a strong-armed quarterback who threw the ball 74 yards in testing, Bohl said. "He can also run," the NDSU coach said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3222487

Bison101
11-01-2008, 02:31 AM
friggin depressing....

did I miss any

Not every year can be great---------- you need a year in between to regroup; that's not to say we still can't turn the tables.