PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Force

lcbison
10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Anyone else pumped for the big opener on Thursday. Arena looked pretty sweet in the paper today. Should be a great time,(minus the impending traffic debacle) plus it's the only winter sporting event in Fargo-Moorhead that sells beer.

roadwarrior
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
From todays paper:

Five concession areas will each feature different foods, Lockhart said, such as pizza, burgers and tacos in a bag. Soft drinks will be Pepsi products. Food, beer and liquor service will be available in club and suite seats. Liquor will not be available in other sections, Lockhart said. Alcohol won’t be served at high school games.

Maybe that means beer will be available? Just a hard liquor restriction in other sections?

lakesbison
10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Lakes Will Be In Club Level.. Due To These Restrictions...

Ndsu Hockey 2012 Starts On Thursday!!

Dean Blais Bring Us A College Team!!!

lcbison
10-27-2008, 08:07 PM
The bar is located in the end of the rink. So maybe you have to either be in the club seats, barstool seats or suites to get hard liquor.

Either way, due to having to ride the shuttle buses, should be able to get fairly intoxicated.

aces1180
10-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Lakes Will Be In Club Level.. Due To These Restrictions...

Ndsu Hockey 2012 Starts On Thursday!!

Dean Blais Bring Us A College Team!!!

Are you going to support a women's team too, Lakes? That's the only way we could have men's hockey at NDSU due to Title IX regulations.

lakesbison
10-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Women's Equestrian & Polo instead.

aces1180
10-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Women's Equestrian & Polo instead.

Those aren't going to make any money, because buying and caring for horses is expensive. There isn't a women's sport that can offset the cost, unfortunately.

lcbison
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Who cares about NDSU Hockey, aint never gonna happen anyway. Junior hockey is the way to go. Unlike, the previous Junior teams they actually have an arena that is fit for their level of play. Heck, the Coliseum is such a dump it would be the 5th or 6th best arena in GF alone. Just as the Redhawks have shown recently, it don't matter who you play, it's the arena and atmoshpere that matters in Fargo.

Can't wait for the 1st fight on Thursday.

TAILG8R
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Have fun at the UP Center, just be careful not to lean against any walls. :)

imabison
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Those aren't going to make any money, because buying and caring for horses is expensive. There isn't a women's sport that can offset the cost, unfortunately.
As an aside from the Lakesbison ridicuous post, how is NDSU doing with its Title IX equity?

Thunder_Struck
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Anyone else pumped for the big opener on Thursday. Arena looked pretty sweet in the paper today. Should be a great time,(minus the impending traffic debacle) plus it's the only winter sporting event in Fargo-Moorhead that sells beer.

To avoid the traffice issue's JT Cigarro's will be offering shuttle service. Should be a fun night!

aces1180
10-27-2008, 09:06 PM
As an aside from the Lakesbison ridicuous post, how is NDSU doing with its Title IX equity?

I have no idea...However, if there would have been a problem, I'm sure it would have been reported.

Hammersmith
10-28-2008, 12:50 AM

It doesn't help that polo isn't an NCAA sport. Women's water polo is, but I don't think they use horses for that outside of comedy skits.

Hammersmith
10-28-2008, 01:01 AM

No data to back this up, but I think NDSU has been doing very well since the b**** slap we got a decade ago. All women's sports are currently fully funded except for basketball and track & field, and basketball's issue is a shortage of players and not a shortage of money. Also, the women's coaches are well paid for our level and money has been, or is being, put into women's facilities(BBF/BSA/softball). The only area that might be a little soft is the lack of a tennis program. Since NDSU operates under the 'interests and abilities' prong of Title IX, you could make the argument that there are enough students with high school tennis experience to form and maintain a viable program. Still, I wouldn't have tennis as a high priority if I were Gene or Lynn.

aces1180
10-28-2008, 01:36 AM
It doesn't help that polo isn't an NCAA sport. Women's water polo is, but I don't think they use horses for that outside of comedy skits.

Good point :)...Equestrian is still expensive though, especially because there would be no revenue made from it.

imabison
10-28-2008, 02:12 AM
No data to back this up, but I think NDSU has been doing very well since the b**** slap we got a decade ago. All women's sports are currently fully funded except for basketball and track & field, and basketball's issue is a shortage of players and not a shortage of money. Also, the women's coaches are well paid for our level and money has been, or is being, put into women's facilities(BBF/BSA/softball). The only area that might be a little soft is the lack of a tennis program. Since NDSU operates under the 'interests and abilities' prong of Title IX, you could make the argument that there are enough students with high school tennis experience to form and maintain a viable program. Still, I wouldn't have tennis as a high priority if I were Gene or Lynn.
Thanks for the input.

99Bison
10-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Good point :)...Equestrian is still expensive though, especially because there would be no revenue made from it.

While EQ is expensive, it is growing rapidly across the country AND most importantly those in it are used to paying for large portions of expenses. This comes directly from GT.

aces1180
10-28-2008, 02:45 AM
While EQ is expensive, it is growing rapidly across the country AND most importantly those in it are used to paying for large portions of expenses. This comes directly from GT.

I did not know that...Good info.

Bisonguy
10-28-2008, 02:57 AM

Typically those involved in equestrian events have some $$. Might help tie in the western part of the state with NDSU, as well. :nod:

Throw in the fact that NDSU already has a club team, a decent facility already in use, an Equine Science program, and it's only a question of when.

lakesbison
10-28-2008, 03:48 AM
we can push this to the NDSU HOCKEY THREAD with this stuff..

LEtS stick with the FORCE..... anyone wanna party in the club level seats with LAKES???

SDbison
10-28-2008, 04:16 AM

LEtS stick with the FORCE..... anyone wanna party in the club level seats with LAKES???
Lakes, you will have to start a cheer when Sioux Falls takes the ice something like "Sioux Falls Arena Sucks". It is one of the worst venues to watch hockey. I have 2nd row seats for the Stampede and still sit about 25 feet from the ice. Even at the ancient Icebox in Lincoln there is not a bad seat in the place.

lcbison
10-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Lakes, you will have to start a cheer when Sioux Falls takes the ice something like "Sioux Falls Arena Sucks". It is one of the worst venues to watch hockey. I have 2nd row seats for the Stampede and still sit about 25 feet from the ice. Even at the ancient Icebox in Lincoln there is not a bad seat in the place.

Plus, Fargo Force season ticket holders get free tickets to Jewel. Can't beat that.

Thunder_Struck
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM

Let me think................No

sambini
10-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Did they get the road done going to the UP Center?

Till
10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I drive by that road on my way to work every day. I'm not sure how far down it goes, but I know that where it meets 45th there are no medians or curbs yet. Gonna be close or a mess to get everyone to the game on Thursday. Hopefully the shuttles help.

d3boys
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Plus, Fargo Force season ticket holders get free tickets to Jewel. Can't beat that.

they do?
where is mine?

extremerouge
10-28-2008, 11:54 PM
they do?
where is mine?
haha apparently you don't get to go

d3boys
10-29-2008, 12:40 AM
who is jewel anyway

onbison09
10-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Who cares about NDSU Hockey, aint never gonna happen anyway. Junior hockey is the way to go. Unlike, the previous Junior teams they actually have an arena that is fit for their level of play. Heck, the Coliseum is such a dump it would be the 5th or 6th best arena in GF alone. Just as the Redhawks have shown recently, it don't matter who you play, it's the arena and atmoshpere that matters in Fargo.

Can't wait for the 1st fight on Thursday.
Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQVybb69I Starts at :34. Most brutal KO I've ever seen.

56BISON73
10-29-2008, 02:01 AM
who is jewel anyway

You really dont want to know. PL

UTH
10-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQVybb69I Starts at :34. Most brutal KO I've ever seen.

Ah, no. Hell no. I believe getting jobbed like that will get your @$$ kicked.

*nice - had to watch it a few times to get a true appreciation of the moment... never really liked them fellers

d3boys
10-29-2008, 10:02 PM
that is the only part of hockey I dont like
they dont need it

lcbison
10-30-2008, 02:40 AM
that is the only part of hockey I dont like
they dont need it

You've got to be kidding me.

Yet you have a picture of 2 men in spandex rolling around with each other....:hide:

Sorry, Never understood why anyone would ever want to wrestle.....personal opinion......will always be a hockey fan

BraxtonT
10-30-2008, 04:45 AM
Yet you have a picture of 2 men in spandex rolling around with each other....:hide:

Sorry, Never understood why anyone would ever want to wrestle.....personal opinion......will always be a hockey fan

Good to know you live in a land of ignorance.

Herd Mentality
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Anybody know how much the season parking passes are?

Got an email back almost immediately...$50. Not bad considering it's $3/night for 30-something games.

UTH
10-30-2008, 03:38 PM

Meh - internet fight. I'm in favor of letting them go at it and work things out...

bisonmike2
10-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Lakes, you will have to start a cheer when Sioux Falls takes the ice something like "Sioux Falls Arena Sucks". It is one of the worst venues.

Fixed that for you. It's pretty much bad at everything. I only give it a passing grade for basketball. It is the absolutly the worst place to see a concert. Any progress on possibly building a new arena? I know when I lived there about 5 years ago they thought they were close.

Da_Bizon
10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I was kinda lazy and forgot to get tickets for tonight... does anyone have extras they wish to sell or know of anyne that is selling them? I'm looking for 4-5, but any amount will do. I REALLY want to go, but was kinda dumb about getting tickets. All I can get now is 1 by itself and that would kind of suck...

lakesbison
10-30-2008, 06:21 PM
just get a single club level for $25 and stroll around looking for lakesbison

SDbison
10-30-2008, 06:37 PM
[quote=SDbison;224812]Lakes, you will have to start a cheer when Sioux Falls takes the ice something like "Sioux Falls Arena Sucks". It is one of the worst venues. QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. It's pretty much bad at everything. I only give it a passing grade for basketball. It is the absolutly the worst place to see a concert. Any progress on possibly building a new arena? I know when I lived there about 5 years ago they thought they were close.
No progress, no plans, no site determined (some idiots still want to put a new event center downtown). Like I said before there are no visionary leaders in Sioux Falls. They just get excited about more $8 an hour credit card centers and Sanford's Gift of hundreds of millions. Best damn place to raise a family though because people have nothing to do and just work and go to church. Fargo-Moorhead is several times over a better community compared to Sioux Falls. So what if they have a couple hills around here and the average temp is a few degrees warmer. Also, only one public indoor hockey rink here that ws built in early 70's.

lcbison
10-30-2008, 09:11 PM

It's actually quite nice....your welcome to come and visit anytime

d3boys
10-31-2008, 03:54 AM
by the way it was a great game
they won the game
and also the one big fight

lakesbison
10-31-2008, 07:06 AM
Game was sweet...lots of ndsu shirts...i was impressed...suites were rockin....b1son and me and burgandy, ricky bobby and hoeven and erv i .....rockin out....

lcbison
10-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Force are starting to look like the winter version of the Redhawks. (which is not a bad thing)

Beer prices not to bad.

Hot Dogs on the other hand $6 for a "Force Dog", with a cheap bag of chips, not exactly a Red Light Special. However, waitress in ref shirts were nice (even though their service sucked)

imabison
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Force are starting to look like the winter version of the Redhawks. (which is not a bad thing)

Beer prices not to bad.

Hot Dogs on the other hand $6 for a "Force Dog", with a cheap bag of chips, not exactly a Red Light Special. However, waitress in ref shirts were nice (even though their service sucked)
I would almost be willing to bet that with the budget that the UP YOURS center had there was NO ADVANCE training for any of the staff. They were brought in to work.

I was not there so comments are based on the article by John Lamb, and others that were there.

lcbison
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
I would almost be willing to bet that with the budget that the UP YOURS center had there was NO ADVANCE training for any of the staff. They were brought in to work.

I was not there so comments are based on the article by John Lamb, and others that were there.

the Forum could have sent someone better than Lamb to critique the arena....I would give his article alot more credibility if he didn't leave after the 1st period.

As much as people criticize how the UP Center got built or financed (i personally don't care, have wanted a new arena in this town for years) it is pretty darn impressive.

Herd Mentality
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Lot's of NDSU shirts?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The place looked like South Englestad.

SirHinn
10-31-2008, 04:21 PM
the Forum could have sent someone better than Lamb to critique the arena....I would give his article alot more credibility if he didn't leave after the 1st period.

As much as people criticize how the UP Center got built or financed (i personally don't care, have wanted a new arena in this town for years) it is pretty darn impressive.

Why do they have to stay past the 1st period to be able to judge how the service is? Is it going to suddenly change between 1st and 3rd periods? They weren't there to watch the game, so staying later then 1 period doesn't really have any relevance to the service that's being provided.

imabison
10-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Why do they have to stay past the 1st period to be able to judge how the service is? Is it going to suddenly change between 1st and 3rd periods? They weren't there to watch the game, so staying later then 1 period doesn't really have any relevance to the service that's being provided.
I think what he is saying, and John Lamb said he was not doing a restraunt critique, but would you walk in a restraunt, have a cup of coffee and an appetizer and then leave and call the establishment bad without stay for the full experience.

d3boys
10-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Lot's of NDSU shirts?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The place looked like South Englestad.

I saw just about as many gopher backers as the sue