PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Jackrabbits

roadwarrior
10-24-2008, 10:24 AM
The Bison travel to Brookings this saturday to play the rabbits. If I wasnt in Illinois for football, I would be driving down to watch this match.

GO BISON! Keep that perfect Summit League record.

TbonZach
10-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Bison are curently leading the Bunnies 199-12 in the 1st game.

Bisonguy
10-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Thought they only played to 25 :confused: :confused:

TbonZach
10-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Thought they only played to 25 :confused: :confused:

:hide: Ummm.... this is a special game. The Summit decided that since it's the NDSU-SDSU game, it will be played to 200. Yeah. That's the ticket! :D

90BISON
10-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Anybody else TRYING to watch it on GoBison? I just watched the FB game earlier so I know it was working, but I've got nothin' now?????:confused:

Blue
10-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Bison keep showing me why I was smart to pick them as my Summit League Preseason favorite. If you don't win that conference tournament, I sure hope my Jacks have a shot.

Elephants Dream?
10-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Bison lead 2-0
My SDSU/Jump TV tracker stopped at 1-1 in the 3rd set!
Anybody have a Working update?

TbonZach
10-26-2008, 01:28 AM
SDSU leads 23-20 in the 3rd.

TbonZach
10-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Bison win!!!!

25-15, 25-17, 26-24

11 match win streak!

10-0 in the Summit League!

Elephants Dream?
10-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Tkx.
SDSU tracker thingy is still stuck
at 1-1 in the 3rd set!

sambini
10-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Nice win Bison+++

BisoninNWMN
10-26-2008, 02:59 AM
Good job Bison ladies!!!!

:) :) :) :)

Blue
10-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Well played. The fact your offense is so balanced impresses me. I love watching Hinterstocker coaching, he keeps so cool and focused on the sideline. For what he has done for your program, he deserves a $10,000 raise at least. Good luck the rest of the way Bison.

silkamilkamonico
10-26-2008, 03:51 AM
Well played. The fact your offense is so balanced impresses me. I love watching Hinterstocker coaching, he keeps so cool and focused on the sideline. For what he has done for your program, he deserves a $10,000 raise at least. Good luck the rest of the way Bison.

NDSU is so lucky to have Hinterstocker.

He's so personable in recruiting, and he has pipelines to some of the best clubs in the nation in Wisconsin, and does an excellent job recruiting out of the cities. He's created a very family like atmosphere within the program, and it makes almost any recruit that comes in and sees it firsthand very hard to say no.

I got a look at that Brynn Joski at the Moorhead Pumpkinfest, and although her team struggled, she's the real deal. Big fluid and polished at 6-1, she's a player that is an excellent "setter", as well as hitter. Sets out of the backrow and actually plays all 3 front row positions depending on the teams rotation.

His knowledge of the game is incredible, although that doesn't always translate into great coaching, it certainly helps when it comes to the X's and O's of volleyball.

He's very meticulous in his training with the athletes, and it almost comes across as a bit elementary, but when you pay attention to detail as well as he does, it creates a tight compression hold on all aspects of the game, and doesn't leave any loose ends. There really hasn't been a phase of the game that his teams has been bad at since he has been here, and that goes for the mental side of the game as well.

His development of the players within the game is unreal. What he's done with a player like Deyle is only a small example. She was a good high school player around here, but there was no way I would have thought she could play at that level, just because she wasn't the most athletic player in a sport where athleticism is so important, but man I could not have been more wrong.

Great guy. He's very fun to watch coach.

bisonfan4ever
10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Great job Lady Bison!

Blue
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=77&story_id=3307
A little volleyball recap from Monday's Brookings Register.

"It's good to take back to the girls," said Allison-Brewer of the notion the girls came out flat. "This is our home court, and we have to take advantage of it. We need to come out with enthusiasm and energy . I felt like defensively, we didn't have that at the beginning of the match."

SDSU responded well out of the intermission and stormed out to a 17-12 lead, due in part to Angner's seven kills in the third set. But NDSU responded to the pressure the Jacks put on them. After Allison-Brewer used her last time out, the Bison went on a 7-2 run to close out the set, 26-24 .

"This was a hard fought win for us," said NDSU coach Erick Hinterstocker. "Especially at the end of that third set, they were playing really well. Mackenzie was starting to heat it up at the end and the setters were doing a good job of getting the ball to her over and over."

The Bison's well-balanced offensive effort was led by Chrissy Knuth's 13 kills, Nicole Sheridan's 11 kills, Kristen Hille's nine kills and Brooke VandenBergh's eight kills. As a team, NDSU out hit the Jacks .207 to .076 in the match.

"One of the things we wanted to make sure was our right side attack was a presence for us," said Hinterstocker. "We felt if we could put the ball to our right side, we could take the pressure off our left hand hitters, we'd have a chance to be successful."

imabison
10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=77&story_id=3307
A little volleyball recap from Monday's Brookings Register.
Thanks Blue!!