PDA

View Full Version : Kick off returns

BraxtonT
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
During the Western Illinois game, Gary Williams and DJ McNorton stayed side by side until the kicker was approaching the ball, so he couldn't easily angle it towards DJ. Why was that strategy not employed in Cedar Falls?

DJ received every kickoff at UNI, which cannot be what we want. No offense to him, but Williams is much more effective on the returns.

Field position was a huge factor in last Saturday's game. We need to find a way to get the ball in the hands of our best returner.

roadwarrior
10-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I thought that is what WIU did, not us.

Thunder_Struck
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't recall seeing the Bison do that against Western Ill.

BigBison
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Watching the Craig Bohl football show it looks like we did this and Western went to pooch kicks.

clenz
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
During the Western Illinois game, Gary Williams and DJ McNorton stayed side by side until the kicker was approaching the ball, so he couldn't easily angle it towards DJ. Why was that strategy not employed in Cedar Falls?

DJ received every kickoff at UNI, which cannot be what we want. No offense to him, but Williams is much more effective on the returns.

Field position was a huge factor in last Saturday's game. We need to find a way to get the ball in the hands of our best returner.UNI was pooch kicking the entire game, so it didn't really matter who went which way. Billy had #41 picked out, and went at him all game. That almost got us the ball once or twice.

I don't like the pooch kick myself, but when a team has dangerous returners, it is the smarter thing to do.